Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:41 am

Post by charter »

Empking wrote:
pwnz wrote:
The flip side is that there are also roles like the Inventor. I'm not trying to say that I think that you are scum, Empking, but if you are then you have a role that scares the shit out of me. You could effectively give the mafia two kills every single night, and you can bet your ass that the mafia will not hesitate to kill off the roles that scare them the most as soon as possible.

I've got a 25% chance of giving an extra kill. I highly doubt I'd be able to give a kill every single night.

The poisoner is a very dangerous role in the hands of scum. The poisoner has beenn acting the scummiest. Therefore he should be killed. Thast seems logical to me.
This is funny.
While you're entitled to your opinion, there is no debate that the poisoner has, in fact, NOT been acting the scummiest. You just say that to justify your wanting to kill him. Add you to the list of people we should kill before night.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Empking »

Everything he posts has a scum tell in it. You're entitled to your opinion but its wrong.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:28 am

Post by charter »

I say we let wolf kill empking just for the irony.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:42 am

Post by pwnz »

MOD, could you please clarify whether or not the recipient of the inventor's weapon has the choice of which action he can choose?

The action given is selected randomly.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Empking wrote:Everything he posts has a scum tell in it. You're entitled to your opinion but its wrong.
well, could you point them out instead of just making comments that everyone else thinks are wrong?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:44 am

Post by hasdgfas »

pwnz wrote:
I know the game is moving fast, but you have yet to comment on anybody's alignment yet.
What a stupid thing to say. How would my guess on an individual's alignment be any better then your own, or every one else's here for that matter?
Mod, sorry for the double post, but I didn't see this before.

pwnz, what are you talking about? Everyone's guesses as to people's alignments are their own. You might find something that the rest of us hadn't that finds someone as much more scummy than we thought them before. Plus, that's mafia, finding alignments.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

empking -
(hasdgfas, ZombieSlayer54, wolframnhart)
IcemanE -
(charter, Crazy)
armlx -
(nhat)
wolframnhart -
(Empking)
cerebus3 -
(Alabaska J)
Crazy -
(icemanE)
Alabaska J -
(cerebus3)

Not voting: armlx, pwnz

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, August 15 at 7:00 PM Pacific.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:28 am

Post by icemanE »

well, could you point them out instead of just making comments that everyone else thinks are wrong?
Yes, I'd like to hear how you think the poisoner has been scummiest so far this game - he's been one of the more protown players as far as I can tell.
wolf wrote: The only problem is ZS that if we did just a lynch today the mafia members wil more then likely kill off one of the dayvigs so they wouldnt be able to use their powers against them the next day, either that or kill off a protective role depending on what they think is the greatest threat. I agree more to using just one of the day powers like mine, and a lynch, in hopes of getting the right info we need before the mafia get a chance to take away one of the powers.
This is a good post - I'm quite sure wolf is on the town's side, which is a good thing for us. The chances of the suicide bomber getting NK'd are fairly slim, as the SB is a free kill for the scum during the day, if the SB is town. Which means that wolf will most likely be a target tonight and should be protected if possible.
has wrote: pwnz, what are you talking about? Everyone's guesses as to people's alignments are their own. You might find something that the rest of us hadn't that finds someone as much more scummy than we thought them before.
Yes, it's called scumhunting.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:40 am

Post by pwnz »

hasdgfas wrote:pwnz, what are you talking about? Everyone's guesses as to people's alignments are their own. You might find something that the rest of us hadn't that finds someone as much more scummy than we thought them before. Plus, that's mafia, finding alignments.
icemanE wrote:Yes, it's called scumhunting.
If I see anything suspicious then I will be sure to let you both know right away.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:45 am

Post by icemanE »

If I see anything suspicious then I will be sure to let you both know right away.
You've seen nothing thus far then?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:57 am

Post by pwnz »

See post subject number 293 for my up-to-date analysis on this game so far.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:Warning: Empking always makes odd posts like that even when he is town. I'll post a link to the game I played with him where he was town and acted a bit like this if I can find it.

Nominate icemanE for The One Who Is SB'd
There is a difference between an odd post and being just plain scummy sounding. He immediately votes me and assumes I am scum because of my role. I point this out and he says I am misleading the town. When others ask him to clarify, his posts make almost no sense. I have done nothing about this so far (by that I mean
targeting him
or voting him in anyway) but his actions to me seem like he is a scared scum that doesn't want to be poisoned so he wants that role eliminated.

Besides Emp, if I poison who the majority of the town votes for, how can this be a bad thing? If I go againt it in anyway then I am sure a lynch would be the next thing to happen to me. The only way that might not happen is if I was so unconvinced that the town was right and I happen to poison the real scum.

If you are truly still pushing for a lynch on me after that explination, something is really wrong there and I think we need to start looking at you.
The bold definately sounds to me like "but I can."

You have in no way explained how who did not mislead the town.
Empking wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:
Empking wrote:
Vote: wolframnhart

I really don't like the idea of a dayvig who might be scum.

On the other hand, I do quite like the "kill a lot on day 1" plan though six deaths on day 1 would be a bit too much, four seems a bit much.

I think the "kill a good role so I can take it" was more of a moment of idiocy rather than a scum tell but I'm not sure if it was a town moment or scum moment.
So you would vote me, out of the other dayvigs? Kinda random there
since there are worse potential killers.
Sorry about that.

That's where you mislead the town.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:13 am

Post by icemanE »

Missed post 293, pwns. In fact I missed all of page 12 - sorry, I turned 21 last night, I'm a little out of my element.
pwns wrote: It is not a bad thing to suggest that the poisoner uses his power on someone, especially since it has the added perk of letting us see a players true colors one final day before he dies.
Presuming the poisoner tells us all who he's poisoned, that is. Which he will if he's town.
Empking wrote: The poisoner is a very dangerous role in the hands of scum. The poisoner has beenn acting the scummiest. Therefore he should be killed. Thast seems logical to me.
If the poisoner goes against our wishes, we'll know about it at the end of the day. It's as simple as that - if he doesn't do what we want, he's the next day's lynch.
ZS wrote: However, for now, we need to get Empking out of the way. He is offering way too much confusion to this game. He is either scum, or very, very, very bad townie.
While I agree with a lot of what ZS says, this threw me for a loop. He made a post not too long ago where he said he didn't want to lynch someone unless he was 90% sure they were scum, which I agree with (or at the very least, the scummiest player should be lynched), but then he makes this post where he says Emp should be killed whether he's town or scum, a huge turnaround which I do not agree with. Granted, Emp has been acting scummy, but ZS's 180 is scummy as well.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Empking »

icemanE wrote:
Empking wrote: The poisoner is a very dangerous role in the hands of scum. The poisoner has beenn acting the scummiest. Therefore he should be killed. Thast seems logical to me.
If the poisoner goes against our wishes, we'll know about it at the end of the day. It's as simple as that - if he doesn't do what we want, he's the next day's lynch.
After getting two pro-scum kills.

Two extra pro-scum kills is a lot.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Crazy »

Empking wrote:
icemanE wrote:
After getting two pro-scum kills.

Two extra pro-scum kills is a lot.
I actually agree with Iceman here. While the poisoner is very dangerous as scum, it is also very useful as town. Far more useful than my ability, for example.

Sorry I haven't been posting; I really need to reread.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:19 am

Post by cerebus3 »

pwnz wrote:
You are an Inventor. You can target another player at night to give them one of your inventions. The invention will grant them a one-shot ability to protect, kill, inspect, or block at night. You can't choose which ability you give.
Even though you may not get to choose which one invention you give, I understood this as whoever recieves the invention can choose for themself.
I know the game is moving fast, but you have yet to comment on anybody's alignment yet.
What a stupid thing to say. How would my guess on an individual's alignment be any better then your own, or every one else's here for that matter?
Calling me stupid for asking you to contribute is, well, stupid. You have done nothing yet to help the town catch the scum.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:09 am

Post by armlx »

charter wrote:I say we let wolf kill empking just for the irony.
I say we SB someone and work with that info before doing ANYTHING involving lynching or poisoning.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:15 am

Post by pwnz »

Pointing fingers at people and telling them that they are scum because of what they said isn't exactly contributing either. Trust me, I see you asking the questions and trying to figure things out, and I appreciate it. I just dont play as aggressively as you do I suppose.

There is no reason for you to be badgering me into telling you who I think is scum. As the Tracker, I believe that my role can be taken full advantage of by not bluntly telling the person who I am suspecting of being evil that I will be investigating him tonight.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:16 am

Post by charter »

armlx wrote:
charter wrote:I say we let wolf kill empking just for the irony.
I say we SB someone and work with that info before doing ANYTHING involving lynching or poisoning.
I was being fairly sarcastic. I agree, before we lynch or dayvig, SBing would be a good idea (if we decide to do it).

No one is really taking a stance on how many people/who we want to try and kill today. Same thing goes with how to do night actions.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Crazy, can you just SB icemanE alreadY?

If there us anyone here who has a reason why these two should not be together, post now or forever hold your peace.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:19 am

Post by pwnz »

Well since we have two people in a row hinting SB today and work with some info, we can add my name to the vote. At least we might get some kind of a lead or some info or something.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Crazy »

Suicide Bomb: Cerebus3
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Crazy wrote:
Suicide Bomb: Cerebus3
WHAT THE HELL.

Not that I necessarily disagree with your choice but I thought we decided on icemanE.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:25 am

Post by icemanE »

OK, that was random as hell. I'm curious to see their alignment. Somehow I think Crazy was town now.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Alabaska J »

icemanE should SB Empking.
Show

Town - 16-13