Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Crazy »

There are like... 3 protective roles... Nhat, ZombieSlayer, and Charter to some degree.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:05 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Alabaska J wrote:Warning: Empking always makes odd posts like that even when he is town. I'll post a link to the game I played with him where he was town and acted a bit like this if I can find it.

Nominate icemanE for The One Who Is SB'd
There is a difference between an odd post and being just plain scummy sounding. He immediately votes me and assumes I am scum because of my role. I point this out and he says I am misleading the town. When others ask him to clarify, his posts make almost no sense. I have done nothing about this so far (by that I mean targeting him or voting him in anyway) but his actions to me seem like he is a scared scum that doesn't want to be poisoned so he wants that role eliminated.

Besides Emp, if I poison who the majority of the town votes for, how can this be a bad thing? If I go againt it in anyway then I am sure a lynch would be the next thing to happen to me. The only way that might not happen is if I was so unconvinced that the town was right and I happen to poison the real scum.

If you are truly still pushing for a lynch on me after that explination, something is really wrong there and I think we need to start looking at you.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

IcemanE - 4 (cerebus3, charter, Crazy, ZombieSlayer54)
armlx - 1 (nhat)
wolframnhart - 1 (Empking)
cerebus3 - 1 (Alabaska J)
Crazy - 1 (icemanE)
empking - 1 (hasdgfas)

Not voting: armlx, pwnz, wolframnhart

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, August 15 at 7:00 PM Pacific.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:18 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Empking wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:
Empking wrote:
Vote: wolframnhart

I really don't like the idea of a dayvig who might be scum.

On the other hand, I do quite like the "kill a lot on day 1" plan though six deaths on day 1 would be a bit too much, four seems a bit much.

I think the "kill a good role so I can take it" was more of a moment of idiocy rather than a scum tell but I'm not sure if it was a town moment or scum moment.
So you would vote me, out of the other dayvigs? Kinda random there since there are
worse potential killers.
Why didn't you ask me that too begin with.

The poisoner is unblockable, can't be protected against and the kill the daykiller. I can't see how their are worse potential killers.
Uhh... Question... Do you realize how many pages ago he asked you that...?

And, if I recall correctly, that was one of the first things he asked you...
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:24 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Crazy wrote:There are like... 3 protective roles... Nhat, ZombieSlayer, and Charter to some degree.
Zombie Slayer will not stop you from being killed, and it is possible that Charter will redirect the nk ON to you. Now, Nhat is a protective role though (as am I), but that doesn't necessarily mean you wont die. I am just stating a possibility anyway.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:44 am

Post by charter »

Ok, I'll repost this. How many kills do you guys think we should use today (assuming we find people scummy enough to fill it up)?

My answer is just the lynch and poisoner. My reason for not wanting to SB today is that I flat out don't trust iceman to do anything with his SB other than kill the most useful townie role (watcher/tracker in my opinion). You guys keep saying that we should SB then let him SB someone else. How do you know he's going to go through with it?!?!?!?

In other news, a lot of accusations have flown empking's way, I'm going to reread and see what I think of them.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

charter, how would you feel if about SB'ing Ice himself?
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by charter »

I'd be fine with that.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by pwnz »

charter wrote:I guess my inference might not be clear in my last post. Pwnz, why do you defend iceman?
I don't believe that I was defending icemanE more then I was making sure that the town realized how close he was to a lynch.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by icemanE »

Ok, the town seems to have convinced itself that I'm scum. I'm not entirely sure how or why, but this tends to happen when I'm town - look at all of my completed games - I wind up on L-1 or get lynched consistently. It's always due to scum exploiting some slight hole in my logic, or a mistep I make, and blowing it way out of proportion. I often think "It can't work like this every time - scum lurk, too, so there's no way this person right out on the front lines is scum taking advantage of my mistake - but so far, that's the way it's worked. I'd advise you, if you do wind up SB'ing or poisoning me, to look at those who led the charge on me in future days.

I also think this is a good time to:

A. Remind you that I have potentially the most useful role in the game, if we use it right,

and

B. Tell you my secret role. I'm bulletproof - this means I can survive one NK attempt. @ ZombieSlayer - This is the REAL reason that I don't want to be SB.

Also @ Zombie - in response to this:
You act like a target we agree upon for the poisoner is necessarily going to be scum.

You also seem to be acting like any lynch will also necessarily hit scum.

Either I am too tired to realize what you are actually saying, or someone missed out on Mafia 101.
This is dumb. The post you respond to with the above quote is a theory on how to best utilize roles. I would assume you were too tired to understand what I was saying, as it was fairly simple and straightforward.

Anyways, I'm not withdrawing my vote on you, Crazy, just because you're the SB. You're right - if you're scum, you'll eventually suicide anyway - perhaps you'll do so when you're put on L-1.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by armlx »

Crazy seems really scummy for not wanting to die. I vote he SB's icemanE and we proceed from there.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by charter »

armlx wrote:Crazy seems really scummy for not wanting to die. I vote he SB's icemanE and we proceed from there.
I agree with both parts of this statement.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

I don't think Empking understands the setup. I give all people the benefit of the doubt if they say something that stupid.

EMPKING: THE ROLES ARE RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO PEOPLE, AS ARE THE ALIGNMENTS. YOUR ROLE AND YOUR ALIGNMENT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER WHATSOEVER.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by armlx »

Oh, yeah, the latest reason I don't like icemanE is him trying to defend himself with role info.

As for how many kills today, I vote for as many as possible. More pro-town kills is like pushing the game towards nightless.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

armlx wrote:Oh, yeah, the latest reason I don't like icemanE is him trying to defend himself with role info.

As for how many kills today, I vote for as many as possible. More pro-town kills is like pushing the game towards nightless.
SB icemanE, poison Empking (partly for irony's sake) and lynch armlx because we are using his plan (if he is scum and this works to a degree we don't want him scooting by based on this).

That's my opinion anyway.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by icemanE »

My answer is just the lynch and poisoner. My reason for not wanting to SB today is that I flat out don't trust iceman to do anything with his SB other than kill the most useful townie role (watcher/tracker in my opinion). You guys keep saying that we should SB then let him SB someone else. How do you know he's going to go through with it?!?!?!?
I've already told you SEVERAL times that if given the oppurtunity to assume the SB role, I would decline it.
Oh, yeah, the latest reason I don't like icemanE is him trying to defend himself with role info.
How and why is this a bad thing? You either have some personal problem with me or you're scum again this game. I also don't understand how armlx is allowed to cruise by making two line posts without growing any moss, especially when he advocates high body counts based on pretty loose info. I mean look at this for Christ's sake:
WTF? The more kills that occur today, the more townies will die, period. Chances are obviously immensely better based on odds alone that more townies will die than scum - your suggestion is basically to carpetbomb the shit out of this game until we happen to kill scum, and in the process kill a bunch of townies.

@Armlx - do you really think Crazy is scum or do you just want the SB to use his ability?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

icemanE: This is why I think we should lynch armlx today and go through with his plan. Just in case he is scum trying to carpet bomb the shit out of this game as scum.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by icemanE »

icemanE: This is why I think we should lynch armlx today and go through with his plan. Just in case he is scum trying to carpet bomb the shit out of this game as scum.
I agree with your logic in your post - I also think it's obvious that you're town this game considering the difference between your play here and in the newbie game we played in together where you were scum.

I disagree with your kill choices other than armlx, though. I think we should utilize poisoner today and do a regular lynch, and consider whether or not we even want the SB to use his power at all.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

icemanE wrote:
I agree with your logic in your post - I also think it's obvious that you're town this game considering the difference between your play here and in the newbie game we played in together where you were scum.

I disagree with your kill choices other than armlx, though. I think we should utilize poisoner today and do a regular lynch, and consider whether or not we even want the SB to use his power at all.
I would assume you would disagree with the kill choice of the SB, but why do you not like killing Empking?

Also, man I played bad in that game (although, to be fair, my partner should have believed my cop investigation instead of trying to bus me when I claimed. Seriously, muffin was this close to believing me and then he pops in and busses me :/)
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

armlx wrote:As for how many kills today, I vote for as many as possible. More pro-town kills is like pushing the game towards nightless.
This is an excellent post.
icemanE wrote:
WTF? The more kills that occur today, the more townies will die, period. Chances are obviously immensely better based on odds alone that more townies will die than scum - your suggestion is basically to carpetbomb the shit out of this game until we happen to kill scum, and in the process kill a bunch of townies.
This is horrendous misrepresentation.

I'd be happy with an icemanE SB/lynch/poisoning, but I really want empking to think for a second about what he's saying.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

hasdgfas wrote:
armlx wrote:As for how many kills today, I vote for as many as possible. More pro-town kills is like pushing the game towards nightless.
This is an excellent post.
icemanE wrote:
This is horrendous misrepresentation.

I'd be happy with an icemanE SB/lynch/poisoning, but I really want empking to think for a second about what he's saying.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by armlx »

@Armlx - do you really think Crazy is scum or do you just want the SB to use his ability?
Both, I think Crazy is probably scum because he does not want to use his ability.

And Alabaska, lynching me for proposing the plan amounts to "Too Townie".
That is true. Hell, the more we lynch, the more townies will die, so lets not do that either.

If we kill 3 players today, we are less likely to hit scum in those 3 then we would be in lynches over 3 days as are no scum kills in between to thin the crowd. By that logic, we should just non-stop no lynch until LyLo as it thins the crowd even more. By arguing that it is better to not utilize as many pro-town kills as is possible, you should agree with the statement that doctors shouldn't protect randomly as it hurts the town's info flow. Do you think either of those is true?

You fail to realize that the scum's main weapon to win is night kills while ours is the lynch. How is maximizing ours while minimizing theirs a bad thing?

There is a reason vanilla 10-2 set ups with nights have never been won by town while vanilla 8-4s as nightless are fair.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

armlx wrote:And Alabaska, lynching me for proposing the plan amounts to "Too Townie".
I don't care. I think it is worth the precaution.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by icemanE »

By that logic, we should just non-stop no lynch until LyLo as it thins the crowd even more. By arguing that it is better to not utilize as many pro-town kills as is possible, you should agree with the statement that doctors shouldn't protect randomly as it hurts the town's info flow.
Wow. No. This is ridiculous, and very typical of what I saw in the Eclipse game - trying to tie my ideas in with other trash you generate to make what I'm saying seem stupid by association.

OBVIOUSLY PRO-TOWN KILLS ARE BENEFICIAL TO THE TOWN. What I'm saying is that CHANCES ARE VERY GOOD THAT MOST OF THE KILLS WE MAKE TODAY ARE NOT GOING TO BE PROTOWN IF WE JUST GUN DOWN AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE ON DAY ONE. Say we follow the high body count plan - and we screw it up, which is just as likely as killing even ONE of the scum - in fact, it's more likely we'll screw it up that not based on odds - that leaves us quite near lylo on day 2. What then? I already know you'll be making one mistake for sure if you go ahead with Alabaska and armlx's plan, so I can't possibly envision this being a good idea. I think utilizing the poisoner as well as the lynch is a BONUS KILL, but using the SB to kill two MORE people is OVERKILL.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

icemanE wrote:
By that logic, we should just non-stop no lynch until LyLo as it thins the crowd even more. By arguing that it is better to not utilize as many pro-town kills as is possible, you should agree with the statement that doctors shouldn't protect randomly as it hurts the town's info flow.
Wow. No. This is ridiculous, and very typical of what I saw in the Eclipse game - trying to tie my ideas in with other trash you generate to make what I'm saying seem stupid by association.

OBVIOUSLY PRO-TOWN KILLS ARE BENEFICIAL TO THE TOWN. What I'm saying is that CHANCES ARE VERY GOOD THAT MOST OF THE KILLS WE MAKE TODAY ARE NOT GOING TO BE PROTOWN IF WE JUST GUN DOWN AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE ON DAY ONE. Say we follow the high body count plan - and we screw it up, which is just as likely as killing even ONE of the scum - in fact, it's more likely we'll screw it up that not based on odds - that leaves us quite near lylo on day 2. What then? I already know you'll be making one mistake for sure if you go ahead with Alabaska and armlx's plan, so I can't possibly envision this being a good idea. I think utilizing the poisoner as well as the lynch is a BONUS KILL, but using the SB to kill two MORE people is OVERKILL.
how is it overkill to kill off the people we find most suspicious before the mafia gets a chance to NK some of us?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”