shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:23 am

Post by shaft.ed »

BillyTwilight wrote:Secondly, I'm not a big believer in a vig being a huge help to town anyway. If we do have a vig, I'd much prefer they avoid making kills at night.
Do you think the killing of Adel was a bad play from a vig's perspective?
BillyTwilight wrote:Oh, and I have an interesting proposition that I might ask the rest of you about tomorrow.
Yes you can sleep with my wife for a million dollars.
Sorry guys I just wanted dibs.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

It depends on what you mean by "bad play". Certainly mafia would have liked to have Adel around as a possible mislynch and to add confusion to the game. So
if
the Adel kill was via vigging then the vig saved us that... but at what cost? Clearly the game has been shortened now; we are one player closer to mafia having a majority status. Furthermore, it's very hard to quantify how well Adel's play could have been; I could certainly see her convincing the rest of us that she was town. If we have a cop in the game, I'd say that there was a significant chance that Adel was investigated last night and she could have been cleared that way, giving us a confirmed player on down the line, which could be key in winning the game. I think there is a good possibility that we now have a wasted investigation from Night 1, again clearly bad for us. Even if none of the above had happened, if mafia had had to push hard for her lynch then once lynched we would have more information to tackle wrt the people on her wagon. I think Adel's kill added short term clarity to the game that has turned out to have minimal benefit and removed the opportunity for better information from her play and the consequences of her play down the line. In that case, yeah, I'd say that if Adel was vigged at least it kept us from going down the wrong rabbit hole today, but at the same time the cost of that kill certainly has the potential to do us more harm down the line than good.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by cicero »

Billy Twilight wrote:cicero asked me to narrow that group of players down to the one I most likely thought was the vig.
I did?
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

cicero wrote:
Billy Twilight wrote:cicero asked me to narrow that group of players down to the one I most likely thought was the vig.
I did?
Scratch that. I misread your post #706. In my mind I saw, "Billy Twilight, Wanna tryna narrow down who the vig might be?" My apologies.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Oman »

Kison wrote:Oman, after your weekend vacation... I'm curious as to whether or not there's more to your Cicero case than what you presented, and if not, whether or not you still think he's scum. I found your case to be pretty unconvincing.
Kison: That is all there is to it. I'm sure you do think that its unconvincing, but I find every other case weaker. I think my 3 man scumteam has a greater chance of having more scum in it than any other I've seen.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

Would everyone be willing to share top 3's at this point?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:25 am

Post by vollkan »

Jitsu wrote: Would everyone be willing to share top 3's at this point?
1) Jitsu is stable at number one at 41%
2 Shaft.ed / BT
3) BT/shaft.ed

(Question: Do my percentage rankings change today to reflect the change in number of players alive?)

I've found D2 thus far to be rather lacking in read impact. I may need to reread, because I admit this may just be a perception I am getting, but I can't say that I have seen anything D2 that really changes anything for me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:28 am

Post by The Fonz »

Mine would be

1. Shaft.ed
2. Jitsu
3. BT
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Jitsu »

First of all, I reread the last few pages, and I can see how badly I handled my attempt to discern a potential lie from Shaft.ed. To a point, I think Fonz is right. I have suspected Shaft.ed for most of the game and I think I got frustrated trying to find evidence to make a case against him. It reminds me a little of Setael in Underground Mafia, where I thought she was scum and I couldn't get anyone to vote with me to lynch her. I think it started out well enough, as Vollkan pointed out, I was probing on something awkward I perceived from Shaft.ed, but it quickly went downhill from there. I kept pushing because I thought he avoided my questions, but I can see now that he may have legitimately been pointing out the flaws in my reasoning. I do think I engaged in some confirmation bias, pushing after I should have stopped long ago.

To be honest, after not having a great day 1, I felt pressure to try to contribute more, and I thought I may have seen something that nobody else did, so I followed it more zealously than I should have and let it cloud my judgment. For that, I apologize to the town.
BillyTwilight wrote:Meh. I'm completely intrigued by your take on this, Jitsu. Especially the fact that you're latching on to the vig side of things instead of the SK side of things. I don't think there is anything in the game that can differentiate one from the other, so I would make the argument that pointing out potential SK suspects would give mafia a good target to go after that helps town.

Secondly, I'm not a big believer in a vig being a huge help to town anyway. If we do have a vig, I'd much prefer they avoid making kills at night. We need this game to go as long as possible. Any misfires from an overzealous vig could put us even further behind the eight ball. If there is a vig in the game and he/she happens to be a forced vig I want them out of the game ASAP. The chances of a vig saving us are very slim, and if we let the game get to a point where we need a vig to save us then we probably deserve to lose anyway.

What exactly about me pointing this out do you find to be scummy? You've recently stated that I've jumped to the top of your scumlist over shaft.ed. It looks to me like you are trying to get as far away from a crappy case on shaft.ed as quickly as possible, especially considering no one in the game really seems to be buying your "preview vs. send" theories.
I disagree that your implication that the potential Vig is more harm to us than good. I was just in Vollkan's game where the Vig largely won us the game. Patrick missed several times with his kills, but when he targeted the NK immune GF, it failed, and basically gave us a scum, plus the fact that he survived to endgame, gave the town two chances to hit the final scum. Vigs can win games, and given that we are not in a great place right now, we might very well need the Vig, especially since there hasn't really been a lot of content to debate today. If the discussion doesn't pick up, traditional scumhunting may be tough.

Several people in the game pegged Adel as potential scum, so she wasn't a bad target, and her death last night as opposed to today may have saved the town from talking all day about her and really getting down the wrong track.

We know that there are 2-3 mafia, and there is strong evidence of a Vig/SK. Given that the town seems to have *at least* 2 power roles (and possibly as many as 5), I tend to doubt that we only have 2 scum. If we have a Vig, the ratio right now is likely to be 6 town:3 mafia (or maybe 5 town:3 mafia:1 independent). If we mislynch the Vig today and the mafia kill succeeds, we are almost certainly in LYLO then. Of course, you are right that if we mislynch today and don't hit the Vig, that we would be in a very bad place (the scum could win tonight if the Vig hits town and the Mafia kill succeeds).

If we have an SK instead, then the choice is a tough one, but it would be understandable to go after an SK to avoid unpleasant endgame scenarios (we, the town in Vollkan's game, came to exactly this conclusion when we lynched Guardian, who claimed SK).

I understand why you want to lengthen the game, but identifying and lynching a (possibly forced) vig seems wrong when we should be identifying and lynching the scum instead. If the town collectively agrees that we should out the vig and lynch him, that's a different matter, but I don't like how you seem to have taken the choice to expose the vig into your own hands here.

I also don't like how you've insinuated here that I am attacking you to distance myself from my Shaft.ed debacle. If you look back and reread the thread, you'll see that I attacked you in 696, well before things started going bad with my attack on Shaft.ed.

Vote: BillyTwilight

To answer Fonz's question, my top 3 right now are BillyTwilight and Shaft.ed, with Oman as a distant third. I'm also kind of disappointed that Erg0 and Vollkan haven't contributed more content.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:58 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Right now I'm about equally suspicious of Jitsu and The Fonz with vollkan and Oman being my secondary suspects.

I'm a bit worried I've be tunneling on The Fonz so I'd like to get that reread in.

I think Jitsu's points about BT's incorrect views towards the vig are correct, but that seems much more of a theory discussion. I'm not reading BT as all that scummy.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:13 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Jitsu wrote:Several people in the game pegged Adel as potential scum, so she wasn't a bad target, and her death last night as opposed to today may have saved the town from talking all day about her and really getting down the wrong track.
Already given my thoughts on this above
We know that there are 2-3 mafia, and there is strong evidence of a Vig/SK. Given that the town seems to have *at least* 2 power roles (and possibly as many as 5), I tend to doubt that we only have 2 scum. If we have a Vig, the ratio right now is likely to be 6 town:3 mafia (or maybe 5 town:3 mafia:1 independent). If we mislynch the Vig today and the mafia kill succeeds, we are almost certainly in LYLO then. Of course, you are right that if we mislynch today and don't hit the Vig, that we would be in a very bad place (the scum could win tonight if the Vig hits town and the Mafia kill succeeds).

If we have an SK instead, then the choice is a tough one, but it would be understandable to go after an SK to avoid unpleasant endgame scenarios (we, the town in Vollkan's game, came to exactly this conclusion when we lynched Guardian, who claimed SK).

I understand why you want to lengthen the game, but identifying and lynching a (possibly forced) vig seems wrong when we should be identifying and lynching the scum instead. If the town collectively agrees that we should out the vig and lynch him, that's a different matter, but I don't like how you seem to have taken the choice to expose the vig into your own hands here.
Whoa, what? I've NEVER said that I want to lynch a vig. You again are completely ignoring the SK possibility here. I find that the best way to win a game of mafia is to identify and catalogue everyone in the game as much as possible. The fewer wildcards you have the harder it is for scum to hide. I saw a piece of relevant information that might point out a potentially anti-town faction, or at least help us clarify who and what wrt the players involved. Jitsu, if there is an SK and he/she is one of the players I mentioned above, would you not agree that it's very important that I point that out?
I also don't like how you've insinuated here that I am attacking you to distance myself from my Shaft.ed debacle. If you look back and reread the thread, you'll see that I attacked you in 696, well before things started going bad with my attack on Shaft.ed.
Post 696 is is EQUIVOCALLY NOT an attack against me, and that you are trying to spin it as such is telling. The tone, the content, all point to you reprimanding me for what you think is bad play. There is NO HINT in that post that you find me scummy because of my play. As people start to question you on your shaft.ed stance you begin to distance away from that stance by pointing more at me, first in post #705, then in post #713, culminating in your vote of me above.. Post #713 is the first post where you actually imply that my "reasoning out who the vig might be" as scummy. You've yet to actually explain to me why you think my points are scummy. You've made a leap from originally implying that my play was bad play for town but not inherently scummy, to scummy play from your top mafia suspect. Please explain this thought progression and how you came to it. Furthermore, this thought progression coincides with you trying to get off of the shaft.ed attack while saving as much face as possible. I don't think the two are unconnected. Players were starting to question you for your stance on shaft.ed, and the harder the questions came the more you backed off and started pointing instead at me.
Vote: BillyTwilight

To answer Fonz's question, my top 3 right now are BillyTwilight and Shaft.ed, with Oman as a distant third. I'm also kind of disappointed that Erg0 and Vollkan haven't contributed more content.
You basically apologized earlier in this post for your "shortsightedness" wrt shaft.ed. Yet you still have him as your second most likely scum. Please explain; if you have more misgivings about shaft.ed than the "Preview/Send" debacle, enough so that he is still your second highest suspect, why haven't you been focusing on those other things as well in your recent back and forth with him. Very rare to see a player basically admit a mistake about another player in a post and in that same post still have him listed as high on his scumlist as you do with shaft.ed.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

BillyTwilight wrote: Whoa, what? I've NEVER said that I want to lynch a vig. You again are completely ignoring the SK possibility here. I find that the best way to win a game of mafia is to identify and catalogue everyone in the game as much as possible. The fewer wildcards you have the harder it is for scum to hide. I saw a piece of relevant information that might point out a potentially anti-town faction, or at least help us clarify who and what wrt the players involved. Jitsu, if there is an SK and he/she is one of the players I mentioned above, would you not agree that it's very important that I point that out?
Jitsu's clearly reaching here, but also, that list you made only makes sense for town vigs; SKs aren't any more likely to take out people they've expressed suspicion of (except in so far as they might want to claim vig). So, unless someone was terrified of the might of Adel's omgus, then it doesn't actually help narrow down sk possibilities. AT ALL.
Post 696 is is EQUIVOCALLY NOT an attack against me, and that you are trying to spin it as such is telling. [/quote]

Actually, I read it as one. So, uh, yeah.

The tone, the content, all point to you reprimanding me for what you think is bad play. There is NO HINT in that post that you find me scummy because of my play.
Scolding you for doing something anti-town... yeah, that's an attack.

BT does make a good point though: Jitsu, 'may not have realised-gate' aside, what do you think of shaft.ed's play?
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:42 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

The Fonz wrote:
BillyTwilight wrote: Whoa, what? I've NEVER said that I want to lynch a vig. You again are completely ignoring the SK possibility here. I find that the best way to win a game of mafia is to identify and catalogue everyone in the game as much as possible. The fewer wildcards you have the harder it is for scum to hide. I saw a piece of relevant information that might point out a potentially anti-town faction, or at least help us clarify who and what wrt the players involved. Jitsu, if there is an SK and he/she is one of the players I mentioned above, would you not agree that it's very important that I point that out?
Jitsu's clearly reaching here, but also, that list you made only makes sense for town vigs; SKs aren't any more likely to take out people they've expressed suspicion of (except in so far as they might want to claim vig). So, unless someone was terrified of the might of Adel's omgus, then it doesn't actually help narrow down sk possibilities. AT ALL.
I disagree. I think a lot of players playing as a SK would try to kill mafia in the early game, as more often than not town is lynched. A SK has to keep the numbers even. Furthermore, a SK in the day phase needs to look like a good townie, which means good scumhunting. I don't think it beyond reason to believe that a SK might actually point out who they really think are mafia in the day phase, and then might actually kill a person they really think are mafia in the night phase. It would take a lot of self control for an SK to feel that a player is mafia in the day phase, completely ignore their play, and then kill them at night, all at the same time managing to maintain a good day-image. The main point I was trying to make was that if we have a Vig claim down the line I am more likely to believe it from someone inside the group of players I mentioned and less likely to believe from outside that group, for the very reasons above. A SK could be trying to be crafty to keep his/her distance away from his'her nightkills; I think a Vig would be more likely to kill someone that they had expressed much suspicion of throughout the day.
Post 696 is is EQUIVOCALLY NOT an attack against me, and that you are trying to spin it as such is telling.
Clarify what you consider an attack.
The tone, the content, all point to you reprimanding me for what you think is bad play. There is NO HINT in that post that you find me scummy because of my play.
Scolding you for doing something anti-town... yeah, that's an attack.

BT does make a good point though: Jitsu, 'may not have realised-gate' aside, what do you think of shaft.ed's play?
I consider attacking a player as calling into question their alignment. Rebuking a player for bad play, even anti-town play, doesn't fall into this if there is no mention of finding the "bad" player scummy because of it. Jitsu's "attack" against me read like so many newbie-game IC comments, where the IC is trying to explain a principle and how a newbie's play was "bad", but the IC doesn't find the newbie to be more likely scum because of his "bad" play; he's merely pointing out what to avoid doing from then on. I'd like for you (Fonzy) to look over post #696 and explain to me where Jitsu looks like he's calling my alignment into question. I'd argue just the opposite. His post makes the implicit assumption that I am town by going down the logic path of "why mention something in the thread that mafia might not have thought about yet? You might be stupidly leading them into something that could give them an advantage."

Again, there is no way you can spin that post into an "attack" against me, at least not if your definition of attack is the same as mine.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

BillyTwilight wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
I disagree. I think a lot of players playing as a SK would try to kill mafia in the early game, as more often than not town is lynched. A SK has to keep the numbers even. Furthermore, a SK in the day phase needs to look like a good townie, which means good scumhunting. I don't think it beyond reason to believe that a SK might actually point out who they really think are mafia in the day phase, and then might actually kill a person they really think are mafia in the night phase. It would take a lot of self control for an SK to feel that a player is mafia in the day phase, completely ignore their play, and then kill them at night, all at the same time managing to maintain a good day-image. The main point I was trying to make was that if we have a Vig claim down the line I am more likely to believe it from someone inside the group of players I mentioned and less likely to believe from outside that group, for the very reasons above. A SK could be trying to be crafty to keep his/her distance away from his'her nightkills; I think a Vig would be more likely to kill someone that they had expressed much suspicion of throughout the day.
Yes, but an SK in the day phase has also got to avoid appearing too big a threat to scum, so as not to get crosskilled.

Your last two sentences just read like you're agreeing with me, actually. But seriously: why would a town player NEED to give a list of people he would believe a vig claim from? That can only help the scum.
[quote[Post 696 is is EQUIVOCALLY NOT an attack against me, and that you are trying to spin it as such is telling.
Clarify what you consider an attack.[/quote]

Any post where a player casts doubts or aspersions over another's behaviour. To keep this post short, i've omitted the end of the quote, but the answer to that is the same: Jitsu does not need to append 'AND-I-THINK-THIS-MIGHT-MAKE-HIM-SCUM' to the end of each of his statements, elementary-school like, for it to be an attack.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

The Fonz wrote:Yes, but an SK in the day phase has also got to avoid appearing too big a threat to scum, so as not to get crosskilled.

Your last two sentences just read like you're agreeing with me, actually. But seriously: why would a town player NEED to give a list of people he would believe a vig claim from? That can only help the scum.
The list was of where I thought a Vig/SK might come from. If I had only reason to believe that Adel's death was via vigging then I would have been more tactful in my approach. And yes, I'm agreeing with you to a certain extent. If you'll notice in my original post I plainly stated that if Adel's death was via SK then the SK might or might not be from that group of people. I read your argument to mean that you felt there was no chance that the SK would be in that group of people ("So, unless someone was terrified of the might of Adel's omgus, then it doesn't actually help narrow down sk possibilities. AT ALL.") I don't believe that. I believe that it gives us a piece of the puzzle, nothing concrete, but certainly something to think about if we decide there is an SK in the game and we need to lynch them. And I think that mentioning it is a good thing. I'm a big believer in getting as much info on the table as possible; really the only times I think I would keep completely quiet about something is if I suspect a player of being a cop or a doc.
Any post where a player casts doubts or aspersions over another's behaviour. To keep this post short, i've omitted the end of the quote, but the answer to that is the same: Jitsu does not need to append 'AND-I-THINK-THIS-MIGHT-MAKE-HIM-SCUM' to the end of each of his statements, elementary-school like, for it to be an attack.
Yes, but your ignoring the rest of his tone. Of course you don't have to say "And I think this makes him scummy" at the end of every "attack" to make your point, but your tone from the rest of the post will certainly send that exact message. I don't get that tone from his post; in fact, as I argued above, I get the tone that he is implying he feels I am town from that post.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Kison »

I've spent the past two days doing some rereading. This is hardly set in stone. I still owe this game seven more full rereads or so. Right now, this is my rundown :

1) Jitsu - I fail to see the relevance of his argument against Shaft.ed, yet he seems convinced that his hammer/followup explanation is some scummy business. I agree with whoever(Billy Twilight?) said that he seems to be trying to change the subject from his backfiring shaft.ed case to a new subject. I'm drawing a bit of a blank on his Day One play aside from either arguing with Vollkan or bringing up a bunch of 'maybe this means this' and 'maybe this means that' statements, which didn't exactly seem helpful - felt like fence sitting to me.

2) Shafted - His Jitsu vote from the previous day, as well as his OMGUS reaction to The Fonz going after him(I think The Fonz brought up several good points against this bucko). One thing to note, when Jitsu started going after Shafted for his comment about Oman trying to shift the wagon to Cicero, Shaft.ed again uses the explanation of trying to gauge Oman's reaction. I could make votes that I cannot follow up with a good explanation all day with a no-limit credit card, too.

3) Oman - I looked at his posts in isolation and got scared. So many, so small. Will get to reading this one again. What gave him the #3 spot is his more recent Cicero case, which I simply don't get. Stubborn maybe? We'll see.

4) Mr. Billy C. Twilight - He brings up good arguments about how a Vigilante can be detrimental, but condoning getting rid of the Vigilante doesn't really make much sense when the name of the game is kill the scum. Not sure his 'vig/sk suspects' really is too scummy, considering we don't know that the multi-kill is the result of a vigilante. Lurking is annoying, but not necessarily scummy, yet this means much less to extract from his play. Disagree with his argument against CKD from Day One where he finds his attacks against Adel's 'credibility' to be more likely to come from scum than from town, especially considering he admits that CKD made an adequate attempt to respond to Adel's arguments. Also a bit weird he doesn't seem to comment on Adel's initial reason for voting CKD, which was his pointing out that Cicero left him off the list he made.

?) The Fonz : Accuses Shaft.ed of Lurking in Plain Sight. Not sure I agree with this. Would rather lynch Adel than CKD, but gives no reason as to why. Later states it's because she changed her playstyle after being attacked for being too conservative. Attacks Cicero for voting him before he answers his question and before he comes back, and for voting him for being V/LA. Bad feeling from Vollkan due to bulky PBPA's. Shaft.ed remains his #1 at the end of day one, but he is willing to lynch Vollkan, BT, Adel, or Cicero in exchange. I'm not finding a whole lot that sheds light on this guy one way or another. His Day One posting was very sporadic. Again, very strongly disagree with his belief that Vollkan's big monstrous posts indicate he may be scum - so not sure why he would be willing to default lynch him over someone else on that alone(unless I missed something).

?) Erg0 - Has very little content. Makes a couple posts about iffy suspicions, then later comes back and says he'll vote CKD(which he does). Next day, suspicious of Shafted & Jitsu. Brings up decent point about Shafted's Fonz vote. Winds up voting him for it. All this combined, not very telling.

?) Vollkan - Seem to recall him primarily going against Jitsu for what I consider to be fairly valid reasons. I know he responded to my question, I'll get to responding back (if I disagree with it. first attempt made my head hurt :P). Need to muster up strength to read in isolation.

?) Cicero - Another who I need to read in isolation. I recall receiving a good feeling from this sucker, which extended to after I came into the game. Found his take on the CKD incident #1 to be more valid than I thought upon entering the game, but also had the same feeling I did with regards to CKD incident #2 and Adel.

Of course, I see that as I wrote this up that about five more great walls of BillyFonzLight text have been erected. Thanks, guys!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Kison »

And I see no reason not to
Vote: Jitsu
fo tha tahm beein.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Erg0 wrote:
Again, I don't think that he was specifically trying to force me to vote
- I just think that his Fonz vote was completely ineffectual at that point. If I had to guess the reason, he may have been hoping to avoid being on a townie wagon at the end of the day - if two people had voted for CKD in the meantime then he wouldn't have had to do anything at the end of the day.
[quote="shaft.ed]
I see Erg0 is back to his theory that I was trying to "make him" vote
, and that I was avoiding being on a townie lynch wagon. I don't see either of these points as valid.[/quote]

See if you can spot the difference.

shaft.ed: I'm interested in hearing more about the second point - what was the reason for your last minute Fonz vote? Did you realistically expect a Fonz wagon to form in the last 24 hours of the day?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ugh. Try again:
Erg0 wrote:
Again, I don't think that he was specifically trying to force me to vote
- I just think that his Fonz vote was completely ineffectual at that point. If I had to guess the reason, he may have been hoping to avoid being on a townie wagon at the end of the day - if two people had voted for CKD in the meantime then he wouldn't have had to do anything at the end of the day.
shaft.ed wrote:
I see Erg0 is back to his theory that I was trying to "make him" vote
, and that I was avoiding being on a townie lynch wagon. I don't see either of these points as valid.
See if you can spot the difference.

shaft.ed: I'm interested in hearing more about the second point - what was the reason for your last minute Fonz vote? Did you realistically expect a Fonz wagon to form in the last 24 hours of the day?
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Top 3:
1. shaft.ed
2. Jitsu
3. everybody else (ok, not
everybody
else, but there are probably 3 people tied for third with semi-realised reasoning)

For once my top suspects seem to coincide with those of most other people. Fonz's view on Jitsu/shaft.ed corresponds with mine, and BT is looking good to me at this moment in time.
V/LA most weekends.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

Kison wrote:
?) The Fonz : Accuses Shaft.ed of Lurking in Plain Sight. Not sure I agree with this. Would rather lynch Adel than CKD, but gives no reason as to why. Later states it's because she changed her playstyle after being attacked for being too conservative. Attacks Cicero for voting him before he answers his question and before he comes back, and for voting him for being V/LA. Bad feeling from Vollkan due to bulky PBPA's. Shaft.ed remains his #1 at the end of day one, but he is willing to lynch Vollkan, BT, Adel, or Cicero in exchange. I'm not finding a whole lot that sheds light on this guy one way or another. His Day One posting was very sporadic. Again, very strongly disagree with his belief that Vollkan's big monstrous posts indicate he may be scum - so not sure why he would be willing to default lynch him over someone else on that alone(unless I missed something).
Just one thing- I don't think, and have never said, vollkan's big posts indicate he might be scum. I said I dislike them, and feel they can be used to obfuscate the issue sometimes. I'm fully aware that it's his playstyle- however, I feel if town, it is beneficial to be more concise, and I find LOATP antitown in general. So I don't find vollkan any scummier than his meta in general, which I am inclined towards distrusting. However, we had far better options yesterday than the policy lynch (not to mention, I'm in a minority in disliking vollkan's style, so it wouldn't have worked anyhow).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Oman »

My top 3 has been stated already. I stand by them.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 am

Post by cicero »

Oman wrote:My top 3 has been stated already. I stand by them.
He said with arms crossed tightly and a bottom lip stuck out.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Oman »

Just saw the bit where BT wanted me to see this:
BillyTwilight wrote: Things I'm looking for:

1.) Adel-NK was bad for scum. They could really have used her for a mislynch today or later in the game. Going to look carefully at those throwing around suspicion of Adel, especially toward the end of day 1. Also, the vig/SK probably posted against Adel as well.
I dislike this approach. Best case we find an SK, worst case we unearth a vig. However, we won't know when we find them which they are. So the fact remains that this has little advantage.
BT wrote:2.) This game is VERY difficult for me to interpret. Looking for players who seem more confident in there assertions that I feel town should really be at this point in the game. Scum are more likely to have a "game-plan" of sorts, and that should show somewhat in their posts.
I find this to be inaccurate in a game full of good players who will be confident in themselves.
BT wrote:CKD and cicero were the only players who were actually voting Adel at deadline. Very interesting considering players were supposedly "taking sides" between Adel and CKD. On quick readthrough, those expressing suspicion of Adel towards the end of the day:

Fonz, Oman, shaft.ed, volkan, plus cicero, obviously.
This is...falsified. People were not exactly "taking sides" but trying to get a lynch. I feel several votes were diluted because of this.
BT wrote:Oman, shaft.ed, and volkan were much less forward about finding Adel scummy, but allowed for suspicion of Adel to be in their play and something they could return to later.

I'd say there is probably at least one mafioso in the above group. Right now my bet is Oman. I'll give a more thorough analysis of each of these players later this weekend/early next week.
I don't understand this. I'm your best bet for what? Mafia, you say? I don't really understand the criteria you're using either
BT wrote:Oman, can you reiterate why you think I'm scum?
You are the one I have to reevalutate because you're actually posting now. I'd like to let you know you're #3 in my group, not #1 so switching you out is no big thing for me.
BT wrote: Looking through your play you seem to be confident in other players scuminess (see cicero as well) but unable to back it up when push comes to shove.
I feel there isn't much there. There is what I said. And so if that isn't enough for some people (as Kison says) than that isn't my fault, really. Its the most I've got and if I find more I'll jump on it.
BT wrote:As a side note, if we have a Vig they are probably in the above list. I don't see a Vig killing someone (Adel) that they hadn't expressed suspicion of before. Much less confident if a SK killed Adel; they might or might not have expressed suspicion of her at any point day 1.
This is not good speculation. If we have a vollkan as a vig I want to keep him alive, because, well, I see vollkan has good vig skills (Friends and Enemies).
BT wrote:Cicero, you asked me which of volkan/Oman I would find scummiest, my answer right now is Oman. Volkan's player analysis from the end of day 1 were confused enough that I feel he is probably town in the same boat I'm in. Again, a more careful read will help me understand this better, but I don't have time this evening.
Indeed. I have little to say about this but I think you're incorrect and OMGUSing.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 23

shaft.ed[2] (The Fonz, Erg0)
cicero[1] (Oman)