Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Axelrod »

nonny wrote:Why are poeple still insisting non-mod powers = scum?
I wrote a whole post on this, you know. It's just a theory that not ALL the scum were given Mod. duties in this game, as opposed to the bunch of townies who were not given duties. Aesthetically, that makes sense to me. So it's more of a process of elimination thing, although there may be other reasons to vote one of those people completely aside from the lack of Mod. duty.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:06 am

Post by nonny »

But do we really have the time to eliminate poeple based on this theory? So far those that have died and not had mod duties have been town. So I don't see the point in going through with this theory.
*insert bad joke here*
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:36 am

Post by armlx »

I'm still down with my nonny vote from yesterday, her unvote is the scummiest thing I'm seeing on reread sadly. I could also get behind the vote a non-mod player, but neither of them has done anything actively scummy IMHO.

Vote nonny
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:24 am

Post by logicticus »

So we have 8 people left taking 5 to lynch. I am not sure if this is Lynch or Lose, but its certainly extremely close, so be careful with your votes.

I am still inclined to vote for Adel for reasons from yesterday, but I could use a reread to really refresh my memory.

I dont think the no mod powers really has any correlation to being pro-scum/pro-town, because I think that could have the potential to confirm people as scum or town and the designer of this game (certainly not the mod as we have discovered) would want to avoid that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:34 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Today, I could go for a nonny or Werebear lynch.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Werebear »

Werebear wrote:Alive, alive, and no longer thinking the role-free people are scum, thanks to Glork.
Nonny, who's saying mod powers might have some relation still?

Funny, today I could go for a nonny or a DrippingGoofball lynch. I'll bet nonny would be thrilled with a Werebear or a DrippingGoofball lynch.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 am

Post by Talitha »

armlx: Explain why the nonny unvote appears scummy to you?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:33 am

Post by armlx »

Talitha wrote:armlx: Explain why the nonny unvote appears scummy to you?
People just hopping off the current wagon close to a deadline lynch to start another that no one else has backed causes all sorts of disasters
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

a) She didn't start the other wagon
b) What kind of disasters were you worried about in this case?
c) It's not as if she took her vote off a scum... it was an unvote of Glork.. a proven townie.

I actually did think it was a tad suspicious but for completely different reasons than you.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Talitha »

Wait - it was an unvote of me, not Glork. You were wrong again - she did not "hop off the current wagon".

Me thinks you're talking crapola, armlx.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Talitha »

I now have two nice juicy targets for my vote. logisticus or armlx.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by armlx »

Tali, it was an unvote of DGB. Her starting the wagon is irrel. The disaster is someone starting a wagon and it having to finish in 2 days if it is to end in a lynch, which can end in either A) a no lynch or B) a mislynch based on inadequate investigation of a person's actions. And C) DGB is still alive.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Talitha »

ohhh,
that
unvote.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Talitha »

But wait, again - why are you voting nonny rather than DGB?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Adel »

Axelrod wrote:
nonny wrote:Why are poeple still insisting non-mod powers = scum?
I wrote a whole post on this, you know. It's just a theory that not ALL the scum were given Mod. duties in this game, as opposed to the bunch of townies who were not given duties. Aesthetically, that makes sense to me. So it's more of a process of elimination thing, although there may be other reasons to vote one of those people completely aside from the lack of Mod. duty.
I've been thinking about this, and it leads me to the conclusion that DGB must be scum.

at least one out of the three (or four) players who were not given mod powers has to be scum- or is emptytiger just really tricky? but really it seems to me that one of the non-mods would be scum.

vote:DGB

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that we only have two mafia?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 am

Post by nonny »

Werebear: not sure where you get that impression but I'm not up for either of those lynches.

Like I said I want a re-read but I am on vacation till tomarrow with limited access.

I think using the same strategy from yesterday is going to lose this game for us, town. Because you are simply saying "I'm up for lynching x and.or y" When we are damn close to lynch of lose. Not really taking anything into account or having any reasoning. We have 41 pages, get some damn reasons on the board, not just gut. Think about interactions from yesterday and before. Do something besides just saying x and/or y are good lynches. Sorry but this is still a mafia game I'd like some sort of arguements, logic, and otherwise.

Logic: you were suspicous of that yesterday because you were worried we were going to get a lynch. You changed your vote too, I'm not the only one.
FOS Logic
you say it's scummy for me to change vote two days from deadline, you changed a few hours from deadline, and it seemed like you just wanted a lynch not really caring who.

Adel: that is the worst reasoning I've ever seen, to implement being this close to lynch or lose, and have no actual effective scum hunting thus far.
FOS Adel

Will post more when i've done me read through and am back from vacation.
*insert bad joke here*
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:03 am

Post by logicticus »

nonny wrote: Logic: you were suspicous of that yesterday because you were worried we were going to get a lynch. You changed your vote too, I'm not the only one.
FOS Logic
you say it's scummy for me to change vote two days from deadline, you changed a few hours from deadline, and it seemed like you just wanted a lynch not really caring who.
Come on Nonny, do your research.

I did not change my vote a couple of hours before deadline, I changed it right before you changed yours.

A bunch of us changed it all with the same thinking: If I cant lynch my number one target, I am willing to lynch one of my top targets.

I was worried about a no lynch because I am of the opinion a no lynch can only benefit the scum because its the only opportunity (excepting cross kills or a vig) that the town has a chance to kill someone.

And even in the case of cross kills or a vig, those are determine by either one person or a smaller group than the consensus of a town can come to.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Adel »

nonny wrote:Adel: that is the worst reasoning I've ever seen, to implement being this close to lynch or lose, and have no actual effective scum hunting thus far.
FOS Adel
All of the scumhunting I've done so far pointed at you and elvis_knis being scum, and elvis_knits wasn't scum. I think there is something going on with Tally and logic and armix, but I am not sure what it is yet.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:26 am

Post by armlx »

But wait, again - why are you voting nonny rather than DGB?
From what I saw, DGB was just a deadline default lynch. nonny actually did something scummy.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:15 am

OK, I change my mind. Nonny's latest post has the fresh aroma of an honest townie.

Adel, on the other hand, just oozed out of the compost pile.

vote: Adel
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by nonny »

Logic: you voted glork a few hours before the deadline. He was not on your suspect list. So you didn't change before I did. I changed from tally to you, I didn't leave a bandwagon besides the DGB one. So I'm not sure what game you are reading. Plus, how is it only my fault you couldn't get a lynch on your number one? Perhaps you just didn't have a good case, because with or without my vote you weren't even close to lynching your number one. It sounds more like you just wanted a lynch and didn't care who.

What did I do that was scummy armlx?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Adel »

DrippingGoofball wrote:OK, I change my mind. Nonny's latest post has the fresh aroma of an honest townie.

Adel, on the other hand, just oozed out of the compost pile.

vote: Adel
I am not the easy target you think I am. You've thrown low-level attacks at me all game, but I am pretty confident (from a game design perspective) that one the non-mod-enabled players has got to be scum. The alternatives would be that all of the scum were given mod duties, or that some or all of the scum fakeclaimed mod abilities. But here we are voting for each other, so I take it this is our stand off, and one of us is going to be the lynch for today. I am very willing to play this game.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by logicticus »

seriously nonny, are you even trying?

i never voted for glork....please go reread this time before you reply.

obviously i couldnt get a lynch on my number one so i switched to my number 2 (dgb) where there was a better chance of it happening.

and of course i wanted a lynch, its far better for the town to lynch than no lynch
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:40 pm

Adel wrote:You've thrown low-level attacks at me all game, but I am pretty confident (from a game design perspective) that one the non-mod-enabled players has got to be scum. The alternatives would be that all of the scum were given mod duties, or that some or all of the scum fakeclaimed mod abilities.
This is a nice theory, exactly the kind of theory that I often receive from my very own tinfoil hat when it's tuned to the wrong frequency.

I am not mod-enabled and I am not scum. The problem with testing your theory is that if I am lynched, we pretty much lose the game.

What if the mod-duties were granted AT RANDOM??? Knowing my own alignment, I can be certain that they were.

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Adel »

DrippingGoofball wrote: What if the mod-duties were granted AT RANDOM??? Knowing my own alignment, I can be certain that they were.
huh, that syntax implies that you know that I am town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”