Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

IcemanE - 3 (cerebus3, charter, Crazy)
charter - 1 (hasdgfas)
armlx - 1 (nhat)
wolframnhart - 1 (Empking)
cerebus3 - 1 (Alabaska J)

Not voting: armlx, icemanE, pwnz, wolframnhart, ZombieSlayer54

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, August 15 at 7:00 PM Pacific.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by icemanE »

EBWOP: I mean RIGHT NOW, if the town voted to majority that you should use your SB power on someone, would you do it?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

If the SB refuses to kill someone, then we have two scum and we win. I could live with that.

If he kills elsewhere, then it is a one-for-one trade, another thing I can live with.

Also, if we wait for the SB, a mis-bomb is even worse than it is now, and could give the scum a victory if bomber and target are town.

I really think lynching icemanE is not a good idea. If we think he is scummy enough to kill him, why not have him kill himself?

Also, if we go by armlx's six death plan, the random SB should be armlx just in case he is scum trying to manipulate the town in this case. That's just my opinion, though.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by charter »

icemanE wrote:@ armlx -

I like this plan:
armlx wrote: We should SB lynch someone else, force Iceman to take the SB and use him to SB lynch someone else, and then actual lynch. We trade 1 essentiall random death (the first SB) for 4 lynches.
It seems to be the best way to utilize the daykill roles. I would probably take the SB role if that's what the town wanted me to do - but just out of curiosity, how would you go about forcing me to take the SB role - I'd have a choice between the SB role or whatever his target's role was, according to the mod.
icemanE, bold mine wrote:
I'd like to point out that town would actually want to be the Suicide Bomber more than scum. If an SB is scum, then they're pretty much screwed to die at some point... If they don't use their kill in lylo, then they'll be lynched without a thought.
Yeah, I can see exactly what you mean with this - but personally, I don't think it's worth
a guaranteed loss of a townie
for the chance of killing scum. Making the same mistake twice, yikes, it's too risky to have two SB's as far as I'm concerned.
Which is it?
Contradictions aside, how do you know that Crazy is town?

Alabaska just popped up on my radar as well. Alabaska, that question was directed at Crazy. It would have been possible to trip up Crazy and get him to say he wouldn't have used his SB, but you've gone and answered the question for him. How is waiting to SB worse later than now? If anything it increases the chance of hitting scum.
Alabaska J wrote:I really think lynching icemanE is not a good idea. If we think he is scummy enough to kill him, why not have him kill himself?
Because we cant trust him. I don't like the idea of him being able to take out any townie he pleases either.
Alabaska J wrote:Also, if we go by armlx's six death plan, the random SB should be armlx just in case he is scum trying to manipulate the town in this case. That's just my opinion, though.
While I'm opposed to the six death plan, if we do agree to it, I'm ok with this.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by icemanE »

Contradictions aside, how do you know that Crazy is town?
When did I say that?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by icemanE »

When I said "guaranteed loss of a townie" I wasn't talking about Crazy, I was talking about ME if I wound up with the SB role.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by nhat »

[quote="icemanE]

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "power hungry". I'm not trying to take over the world - I've even stated that I DON'T want the most 'powerful' role in the game, that being the Suicide Bomber. I'd like to say that my role is potentially one of the most powerful in the game already, since we can essentially clone whichever role we want, or, if we mislynch, at the very least we won't be losing that person's role power.
[/quote]

You said you didn't want the most powerful role because you would be immediately NKed.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by icemanE »

You said you didn't want the most powerful role because you would be immediately NKed.
No - I said it was pointless for us to lynch the most powerful role so that I could inherit it, because I'd just be eligible for a NK anyways - I was disagreeing with an earlier idea I had. You misread.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

charter, I have a bad habit of answering other people questions if I know the answer and the question is obviously not placed to draw out needed content/to scumhunt with the answer.

Also, while it increases the chance we hit scum (assuming we don't hit one today), that doesn't make my point any less important.

Also, I just thought of something that I'm not going to reveal b/c it might be detrimental to the town but moves me towards favoring icemanE's lynch if we don't do the six-man-plan instead of giving him the SB.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by nhat »

EBWOP

icemanE wrote: I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "power hungry". I'm not trying to take over the world - I've even stated that I DON'T want the most 'powerful' role in the game, that being the Suicide Bomber. I'd like to say that my role is potentially one of the most powerful in the game already, since we can essentially clone whichever role we want, or, if we mislynch, at the very least we won't be losing that person's role power.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by armlx »

Also, if we go by armlx's six death plan, the random SB should be armlx just in case he is scum trying to manipulate the town in this case. That's just my opinion, though.
The SB is not a random kill, my point is the SB killing themself is effectively random.

Also, other options to consider are forcing the poisoner to self vig as per Pie policy if we suspect them of being scum, and at the least do it tomorrow unless we are sure they are town to avoid being day killed out.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by Empking »

Dayvig: IcemanE

I think IcemanE might be a good kill for today for the reasons stated by others but I think an unblockable dayvig whose target is hidden from us until we lynch is too powerful to be alive just incase he's scum.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 am

Post by charter »

icemanE wrote:When I said "guaranteed loss of a townie" I wasn't talking about Crazy, I was talking about ME if I wound up with the SB role.
I thought that too, but you also say " I don't think it's worth a guaranteed loss of a townie for the chance of killing scum. Making the same mistake twice, yikes, it's too risky to have two SB's as far as I'm concerned." The 'same mistake twice' implies that you know Crazy is town too.
Alabaska J wrote:charter, I have a bad habit of answering other people questions if I know the answer and the question is obviously not placed to draw out needed content/to scumhunt with the answer.
It could have convicted Crazy is my point. Honestly, I think it would have been a long shot, but answering questions not directed to you does not make you look less suspicious.
Empking wrote:Dayvig: IcemanE

I think IcemanE might be a good kill for today for the reasons stated by others but I think an unblockable dayvig whose target is hidden from us until we lynch is too powerful to be alive just incase he's scum.
I won't have a problem voting wolf if we find out he vigs the wrong person. Doubt others will either. Actually, it would be idiotic for him to dayvig anyone but who the town votes on, because we would lynch him and who he refused to kill (aka scumbuddy).
Anyhow, I'd vote to
dayvig: iceman
as well.

Thought about something else we should discuss. Whether or not to decide as a town all our targets for powers tonight, or to leave it up to everyone and make them justify tomorrow. I vote for the latter, as I've explained already, but will again if someone wants me to.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Empking »

I vote for a mixture of the two, or leaving most players to make their own choice and give some roles a choice of three so we can control it a bit but scum won't know exactly what we're planning.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:43 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Empking wrote:Dayvig: IcemanE

why are you still on that? You're trying to kill him just based on his role. We're not supposed to be doing that. Has he done anything scummy, emp? Because that would make a better argument than "oh, he's a poisoner,
if
he's scum, he'll be bad for us.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:26 am

Post by icemanE »

charter wrote: The 'same mistake twice' implies that you know Crazy is town too.
You're reading too far into what I write. And nhat is misreading what I write.

I wish you would have let Crazy answer the question, Alabaska, and I truly hate when people answer questions for others, as it more or less destroys the entire purpose behind the exercise.

My intent behind asking Crazy if he'd be willing to suicide right now if we all voted and asked him to do so was because of what we've been discussing all day long - that is, it's more worth it for a town SB to sacrifice himself than it is for scum to, since there are fewer scum than town, etc. I wanted to see how he'd respond to the question, because every time he adresses using his power, he seems eager to delay using it:
I think I'd rather use my bomb later, when more information is around, rather than today, unless if we can find two mega-scummy people today.
If we don't want Iceman to have my ability, then I could just wait until tomorrow to suicide bomb someone.
Good enough. I endorse a poisoning today, and I'll save my suicide bomb for tomorrow.
Note: Those those last two quotes are the entirety of the posts they come from - so on two seperate occasions, he's popped in SOLELY to say "I'll save my bomb for later". I really wish Alabaska had not answered my question for Crazy in Crazy's place, as it would have increased my suspicion of Crazy, but since Alabaska stepped in for him,

[Fos: Alabaska[/b]

and

vote: Crazy
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Empking »

wolframnhart wrote:
Empking wrote:
Vote: wolframnhart

I really don't like the idea of a dayvig who might be scum.

On the other hand, I do quite like the "kill a lot on day 1" plan though six deaths on day 1 would be a bit too much, four seems a bit much.

I think the "kill a good role so I can take it" was more of a moment of idiocy rather than a scum tell but I'm not sure if it was a town moment or scum moment.
So you would vote me, out of the other dayvigs? Kinda random there since there are worse potential killers.
This post leads me to think that he's purpousely mislead the town in order to stay alive and since we're not at lynch or loose it seems to me to be a scum like move.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:19 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

icemanE wrote:
iceman Slipped up with his "Kill someone and give me their power!" post, and has spent the rest of this time trying to sweep that under the carpet.
I'm going through possible strategies - it seems like, with all these power roles at our disposal, there ought to be some better way of dealing with the scum than simply lynching them. Right now the poisoner is looking like the most useful of the lot - it won't cost us a potential townie life to get an extra kill in today. I think we should save the SB for tomorrow and utilize our poisoner today on a target we agree upon. I also don't think we should clone the suicide bomb - if anything, as I said before, we should make sure that the first person we kill has a role we DO want two of. Almost all the roles are useful, but I think it's dangerous to have two suicide bombs, myself.
You act like a target we agree upon for the poisoner is necessarily going to be scum.

You also seem to be acting like any lynch will also necessarily hit scum.

Either I am too tired to realize what you are actually saying, or someone missed out on Mafia 101.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Crazy »

I don't like the idea of too many people dying on Day 1. Unlike a regular game, we have so many roles that nights will provide us with a lot of information. Thus, I would like to wait at least one night before I use my suicide bomb.

And silly, don't bother voting me. If I was scum I'd have to suicide eventually.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:23 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

icemanE wrote:
I'd like to point out that town would actually want to be the Suicide Bomber more than scum. If an SB is scum, then they're pretty much screwed to die at some point... If they don't use their kill in lylo, then they'll be lynched without a thought.
Yeah, I can see exactly what you mean with this - but personally, I don't think it's worth a guaranteed loss of a townie for the chance of killing scum. Making the same mistake twice, yikes, it's too risky to have two SB's as far as I'm concerned.
First you stated that you did not want to be SB because it was the most powerful role in the game. (Which I heartily disagreed with anyways.)

Now you are stating that you do not want to be SB because of the risk involved.

Please, Iceman, make up your mind.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Alabaska J wrote:If the SB refuses to kill someone, then we have two scum and we win. I could live with that.

If he kills elsewhere, then it is a one-for-one trade, another thing I can live with.

Also, if we wait for the SB, a mis-bomb is even worse than it is now, and could give the scum a victory if bomber and target are town.

I really think lynching icemanE is not a good idea. If we think he is scummy enough to kill him, why not have him kill himself?

Why are people acting like someone we agree to kill is necessarily scum?

Seriously?

And what says that just because the SB refuses to kill someone that he is necessarily scum?

Maybe he is just 90%+ convinced of their townie-ness, and, although no one else is, does not want to kill them because of it?

Last I checked, armlx was not the only one advocating bloodbath today. He was just one of the first people to suggest it.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:29 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

charter wrote:Contradictions aside, how do you know that Crazy is town?
:goodposting:
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:31 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Empking wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:
Empking wrote:

On the other hand, I do quite like the "kill a lot on day 1" plan though six deaths on day 1 would be a bit too much, four seems a bit much.

I think the "kill a good role so I can take it" was more of a moment of idiocy rather than a scum tell but I'm not sure if it was a town moment or scum moment.
So you would vote me, out of the other dayvigs? Kinda random there since there are worse potential killers.
This post leads me to think that he's purpousely mislead the town in order to stay alive and since we're not at lynch or loose it seems to me to be a scum like move.
Wait, WHAT?

That post made no sense.

HoS EmpKing

Seriously, if there were not other people who were just being incredibly scummy instead of incredibly confusing, I would be voting you instead of HoS'ing you.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Empking wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:
Empking wrote:

No. Try again.
vote: empking
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

icemanE wrote:
charter wrote: The 'same mistake twice' implies that you know Crazy is town too.
You're reading too far into what I write. And nhat is misreading what I write.

I wish you would have let Crazy answer the question, Alabaska, and I truly hate when people answer questions for others, as it more or less destroys the entire purpose behind the exercise.

My intent behind asking Crazy if he'd be willing to suicide right now if we all voted and asked him to do so was because of what we've been discussing all day long - that is, it's more worth it for a town SB to sacrifice himself than it is for scum to, since there are fewer scum than town, etc. I wanted to see how he'd respond to the question, because every time he adresses using his power, he seems eager to delay using it:
I think I'd rather use my bomb later, when more information is around, rather than today, unless if we can find two mega-scummy people today.
If we don't want Iceman to have my ability, then I could just wait until tomorrow to suicide bomb someone.
Good enough. I endorse a poisoning today, and I'll save my suicide bomb for tomorrow.
Note: Those those last two quotes are the entirety of the posts they come from - so on two seperate occasions, he's popped in SOLELY to say "I'll save my bomb for later". I really wish Alabaska had not answered my question for Crazy in Crazy's place, as it would have increased my suspicion of Crazy, but since Alabaska stepped in for him,

[Fos: Alabaska[/b]

and

vote: Crazy
Besides the fact that saving the SB ability for later is a good idea, even if the SB is scum, this post seems massively like track covering, especially at the end.

Vote icemanE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”