pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:33 am

Post by pwnz »

I'm not pretending to be a huge contributor to everything that has been said this far, but please note that my role (Tracker) allows me to see what someone did the night before and find out if they are telling the truth. Planning out the important night actions in advance (i.e. the ones with the most devastating results) and then confirming that those roles have been carried out as the town sees fit would hopefully make everything go according to plan.
However, this would only work if we had a specific plan and everyone agrees to it.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:38 am

Post by charter »

You realize that then you'd also have your action planned out, and it would mean only one person wouldn't be lying.

Even if we let you decide at random, you could still be scum, so "Oh darn, I never investigated my scumbuddies..."
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:40 am

Post by pwnz »

Actually after re-reading the roles we really can't plan a damn thing out and have it be accurate. Stupid roles like the Bus Driver and the MUP are too random to predict accurately. This whole game is just based on luck it looks like.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:41 am

Post by armlx »

Also, post 43 looks like jibberish to me. Not in the sense that it's scummy, only in the sense that I don't know what on earth you are talking about. Hopefully you can reword it, and then I'll take my vote off you.....maybe Twisted Evil
I didn't know what I was talking about either.
Also, I sincerely hope you aren't scum Has, as that last statement will be a death sentence for me if you are.

Anyways, I was just thinking about my last post - it doesn't make sense to lynch the most useful role, as once I assume that role, I'm up for a NK anyways. So nevermind.
This is P scummy. As is the lynch the best role.

However, lynching Iceman is a bad plan. We should SB lynch someone else, force Iceman to take the SB and use him to SB lynch someone else, and then actual lynch. We trade 1 essentiall random death (the first SB) for 4 lynches.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

IcemanE - 2 (cerebus3, charter)
charter - 1 (hasdgfas)
armlx - 1 (nhat)
wolframnhart - 1 (Empking)

Not voting: Alabaska J, armlx, Crazy, icemanE, pwnz, wolframnhart, ZombieSlayer54

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, August 15 at 7:00 PM Pacific.

If your vote isn't listed, see rules 2 and 9.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Crazy »

I missed Rule 2 then.

Vote Charter
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Empking »

If we do decide not to steer the roles, I do think that we should steer the day killer.

Do people think we should use the daykiller on day 1?

I agree with not wasting a lynch or daykill on the player we're planning on having suicide themself.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:49 am

Post by armlx »

Do people think we should use the daykiller on day 1?
Yes.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Empking »

I was wondering as you didn't mention it.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:53 am

Post by armlx »

Also, until we are ready to actually lynch no one should go to L-1 in order to prevent a scum self hammer.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 am

Post by icemanE »

@Charter - Yes, I know what OMGUS is. I read your post so I believe I understand why you're voting me.

@ armlx -

I like this plan:
armlx wrote: We should SB lynch someone else, force Iceman to take the SB and use him to SB lynch someone else, and then actual lynch. We trade 1 essentiall random death (the first SB) for 4 lynches.
It seems to be the best way to utilize the daykill roles. I would probably take the SB role if that's what the town wanted me to do - but just out of curiosity, how would you go about forcing me to take the SB role - I'd have a choice between the SB role or whatever his target's role was, according to the mod.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:32 am

Post by armlx »

If you didn't take the SB, we would lynch you on the spot. Same as forcing someone to claim.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 am

Post by icemanE »

armlx wrote:If you didn't take the SB, we would lynch you on the spot. Same as forcing someone to claim.
Assuming the entire town decides to follow you, that is. That is an awfully bold claim to make, especially considering that no one knows your alignment.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:37 am

Post by icemanE »

Also, the choices you would be presenting me with are:

A. Decline to assume the SB role and be lynched.

B. Assume the SB role and kill designated target, thereby killing yourself.

and presumably

C. Assume the SB role - but what happens if I don't decide to follow the target you want me to kill? I think it could get messy if the town decides to force someone to kill themselves - as it stands, once the SB power is in my hands, I can kill whomever I please, so you'll have to be sure you trust me 100% if that's the course of action you want to follow.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:37 am

Post by armlx »

icemanE wrote:
armlx wrote:If you didn't take the SB, we would lynch you on the spot. Same as forcing someone to claim.
Assuming the entire town decides to follow you, that is. That is an awfully bold claim to make, especially considering that no one knows your alignment.
Obviously support is required. My point still stands.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Crazy wrote:I missed Rule 2 then.

Vote Charter
Are you serious?

Also,
vote: cerebus3

Opportunistic early leap on icemanE's wagon looks like distancing IMO.

Also, as armlx has pointed out, icemanE is NOT the lynch.

Neither is charter, btw.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:53 am

Post by charter »

icemanE wrote:
charter wrote: Well, I've found the first scum.
I figured we'd get some OMGUS out of Charter judging by his early play, which is another reason I thought he'd be a good target for a vote - and I was right.
Ok, since you say you know what OMGUS is and you say you saw my reasons for voting you (which I posted right after my vote), then this is just another lie.

icemanE wrote:
charter wrote: So why did you ask a question if you won't listen to the answer you didn't want to hear?
Wait - so you're suggesting that when you ask a question you automatically have to agree with every answer to the question? No.
No, you're twisting my words again. You asked a question but don't even consider the answer other than the one in your head. After I answered your question, you went straight into telling me how I was wrong, so clearly you didn't even need to ask the question since your mind was already made up. This is a classic example of trying to look helpful, but not being helpful.
icemanE wrote:
How is that buddying? Obviously I thought it needed pointed out again.
I think it's buddying simply because it was outrageously uneccesary for you to even say it - obviously you thought you needed to point it out again, yes. But why? Three people including myself, who made the original statement, already did. I think it's buddying because you're promoting yourself as a protown player by restating something that's already been said two too many times.
There's no need for buzzwords such as outrageously, they only inflate poor arguments. First of all, buddying isn't "promoting yourself as a protown player", it's being friendly to someone/s. The rest of your argument is fabricated. I'm not "promoting" myself either, I felt like you made a slip up and were trying to brush it under the rug, so I pointed it out again. You aren't the judge of what's been said too many times either.

icemanE wrote:
If you plan out your night actions publically, scum can slip through the cracks easier. Plus, when (if we decide to) people reveal their night actions the next day, everyone will have to explain why they did what.
Scum can still like about their night actions... as can everyone else, for that matter. If everyone says "this is what I'm going to do tonight" before they do it, and the actions the next day don't match up with what they said they were going to do... THEN they'll have explaining to do. If no one knows what anyone else is going to be doing that night, we'll have overlapping effects and things will become totally muddled - the inventor might wind up giving his invention to the same person that the MUP and vote motivator target, and if that person is scum, then we're fucked. Planning out night actions in advance is clearly the better course of action.
I'm banking on scum lying about their night actions. When we find an inconsistancy, lynch the person lying. Your plan assumes that we will all be targetting scum with useful night actions. I can tell you this is not guarenteed based on my experience in the cop game.

Also, you saying planning out night actions is "clearly the better course of action" doesn't make it true. You've given one (unlikely) reason why the other plan isn't the best course of action, but the only reason you've given for your plan, is that it prevents "muddling". If townies lie about their night actions, then there's little chance of success...

I'd like to say I'm extremely hesitant to let iceman have a role because of statements such as
icemanE wrote:C. Assume the SB role - but what happens if I don't decide to follow the target you want me to kill? I think it could get messy if the town decides to force someone to kill themselves - as it stands, once the SB power is in my hands, I can kill whomever I please...
I think he's better off just being lynched. At the very least, Crazy don't SB anyone in the near future.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 am

Post by armlx »

Also, vote: cerebus3.
This is funny considering you just quoted the post about rule 2.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:57 am

Post by armlx »

EBOWDP

I think he's better off just being lynched.
This should be fixed to "SB'ed" if you actually feel he is too scummy to be trusted with a day kill.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:04 am

Post by charter »

armlx wrote:EBOWDP

I think he's better off just being lynched.
This should be fixed to "SB'ed" if you actually feel he is too scummy to be trusted with a day kill.
Or daypoisoned.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Alabaska J »

vote cerebus3
. Whatever. I like saying also. :/
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:19 am

Post by icemanE »

Ah, this is how the last game I played with armlx went - I asked a question about the setup, speculate on how we could use it to our advantage, and for the rest of the game, armlx sided with my opponents and created an "us vs them" sentiment - and at the end of the game, it turned out I was town and arm was scum. That's not a meta to prove I'm town or that arm is scum - but I guess speculating on the game setup or how to best utilize power roles - or placing yourself in someone else's shoes, as I did in point C above, is frowned upon on this site. I guess I'll just keep my speculations to myself from here on out, as it seems only to derail the town.
charter wrote:Ok, since you say you know what OMGUS is and you say you saw my reasons for voting you (which I posted right after my vote), then this is just another lie.
????
There's no need for buzzwords such as outrageously, they only inflate poor arguments. First of all, buddying isn't "promoting yourself as a protown player", it's being friendly to someone/s. The rest of your argument is fabricated. I'm not "promoting" myself either, I felt like you made a slip up and were trying to brush it under the rug, so I pointed it out again. You aren't the judge of what's been said too many times either.
So in the same post where you tell me I'm not 'the judge of what's been said too many times' (which is a comically junior-high comeback, i.e. YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME! lol) you decide that you're a language policeman and that I'm not allowed to use certain words. Regardless even of that, I think three times of restating the same thing is too many. Shoot me.
charter wrote: Also, you saying planning out night actions is "clearly the better course of action" doesn't make it true. You've given one (unlikely) reason why the other plan isn't the best course of action, but the only reason you've given for your plan, is that it prevents "muddling". If townies lie about their night actions, then there's little chance of success...
This starts off stupid and gets worse as it moves forward. If I think something is the best course of action, I'm going to say it is - so what the hell is your point? How is it unlikely? Why would townies lie about their night actions?
charter wrote: After I answered your question, you went straight into telling me how I was wrong, so clearly you didn't even need to ask the question since your mind was already made up. This is a classic example of trying to look helpful, but not being helpful.
No. I asked a question that I wanted answers to, and you answered it. You're right about that. But your answer was more than "A" or "B" - it was "A, and here's why". I disagreed with the "here's why" part of your answer, and it got me thinking further about my question, and thereby made up my mind.
Alabaska wrote: Also, as armlx has pointed out, icemanE is NOT the lynch.

Neither is charter, btw.
OK, who's "the lynch"? Cerebrus? Because you caught a slight whiff of distancing? Seriously?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:20 am

Post by armlx »

Oh wow, Poisoner is a day vig too? Gogo 5 lynches + 1 random death (counting Iceman as a "lynch" despite him presumably SBing).
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:26 am

Post by icemanE »

armlx wrote:Oh wow, Poisoner is a day vig too? Gogo 5 lynches + 1 random death (counting Iceman as a "lynch" despite him presumably SBing).
This whole plan hinges on none of the day vig players being scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”