ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Well, I have a feeling this is just some scheme like you told us about at the beginning of the game, and I'm not going to let it lose the game for the town (if indeed that it what it is aimed at doing, which I suspect it is by all of your vagueness).
Adel wrote:
Gimbo wrote:Adel, like I've said before, in another game, with a fellow player claiming scum in their 2nd post, and you being a scum in that game, you immediately voted the said player in a seemingly angry way after their 'claim'.
The game he is talking about is Newbie 540.
In that game MoS (who was a townie) claimed to be the Doctor in an early posts. I responded with a double gambit.
In the first level of that gambit I breadcrumbed that I believed him, but went on to posts as if I was sure he was scum. Once some of the newbies in that game started to go along with the wagon I revealed that it was not a sincere wagon, and immediatly joined MoS in persecuting the people who were on his wagon.
I survived the game and won as scum.
I suspect this will be the same thing; you've already alluded to it. Whatever the result is, is something we won't expect, "a surprise", and bam - the town will get blind sided like they did in that game (in the quote). Sounds great... [/sarcasm]

You just want to have a look at the list, work out some scheme, come up with a name that fits your scheme (as your choice) and then somehow set someone up as being the (mis)lynch. And since you only need 2/6 of us to vote with you (since surely your 3 scumbuddies will be right there saying "oh yeah, that's a great plan! let' do it!", you figure there will be two idiot townies that go along with you.

---

All game all you have done is not answered questions directed at you (or only given very vague answers), acted condescending towards others, and not explain anything you have done. How exactly is any of this pro-town play? Heck, you and your partner just conspired to hammered a townie on Day 1 and now you expect us to just "trust you" with whatever you are concocting today without giving us any explanation at all?

And your whole "Chelsea clears Gimbo thing" - you keep bringing that up as such a "great idea" but do we all forget that you admitted to Nameless that it technically wouldn't even have cleared Gimbo if we did it?
Tigers ate my signature.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well, I'm back and over 2 pages. Wow guys, 1 day out and BOOM we've got some craziness here.

I'll be goin to bed after this, long day with the nephews, but I'll try to give my two cents on whats going on.

(BTW, ready for a noob question? How do you quote someone specific for future reference?)
It seems to me that compiling a list like this will only help the scum (either yourself or others) determine who the easiest town target is to push for a mislynch (or, at the very least, the hardest target - to stay away from). Maybe you and Fire aren't scum, but you and someone else are... now you see a couple players think Fire is town so you won't go after him because you think it's unlikely he'll be mislynched.
First off, I asked everyone who they would vote for as well - trying to pull as much data out of this so we can come to a concensus. Was that scummy of me?

This is just the other side, who is the one person you think is likely to be town.

This isn't us pushing a vote, this isn't us trying to shape and mold the minds of the town - it is just data. If, when its all done Adel lays down her case and people just start voting I would be seriously irritated. Discussion is going to be the key because we can't afford to make any sense.
SpyreX and Fire have been listed twice (and me once, but you left that off)... if both (or either) are scum then this list is going to be detrimental to scum hunting because people will see they are "most thought of to be town" and look elsewhere...
And the people listing ANY of us could be scum or be wrong, that IS a given. This data in and of itself is a discussion tool. All information is beneficial to the town when parsed directly.

Shy Guy, I'm glad you're in and your one post already is well above and beyond your replacement.. but I hate the fact you're here on lylo. :P We're going to need a LOT of discussion because a read on you is going to be important to this whole process as well (I'll get to why later in the post).
Well, I disagree that speculating is a bad idea because when you do it the point is to figure out what the scum might be doing, and once you figure out what they are doing you can figure out how to stop them.
We can speculate ourselves into not doing the right thing or into doing nothing though. Everything in moderation.
For example, I suspect that you might be scum and trying to set us up for a mislynch somehow with this "list", so I speculated about it so that others can think about it instead of follow it blindly into a possible trap.
See, its quotes like these that are why I think you are the most town right now. YES, bring it up because we shouldn't fall blindly into a trap - but, it is still potentially a very useful tool to have when all the data is there.
Spyrex has stated that Zeek is likely townie, but if this "clears" Zeek, does it also clear his partner, whome I consider to be more scummy than Zeek, hence clearing the love pair?

BTW, Spyrex is the lover from your pair who has recieved the votes for "clearance" as you put it, so no, you dont have as much "pro town karma" as you think...
I do not know Adels plan specifically, but regardless I like it for just this reason: I say Zeek is the single
person
I find townie but, in every damn group this game, there's at least one player who's play I can find scummy. Tomorrow, if you want, I can give a quick breakdown on that whole thing (but I will wait if it will derail what my partner is trying to do).
That's OMGUS like hell Adel. While Firestarter's post left me uneasy, your post doesn't make me feel any better. Explain. You don't have to reveal your pro town choice like he's demanding, but honestly, votes without reasoning aren't good play. (Also, I think if you clear Spyrex, you as such clear Adel, and she does have a point with her attempt. I want to see where it goes.
She can't set up a mislynch if we pay attention)
Exactly! Please, everyone, pay attention to this. Information is good. It always is.
Well, this is difficult. If you were alone, Adel, I'd be voting you in a heartbeat. But you are with Spyrex, who's been pretty pro town so far...good mindfuck :S. Unfortunately, since I do believe Spyrex is town, I'm kinda in the let's see where this goes before I decide what to do next mood. I guess continue...but let it be noted that you have made my view of your pairing a bit tarnished.
That's every damn group this game. ;) I understand your feelings and, honestly, if I did not know my partners alignment I would understand your hesitation as well.
You just want to have a look at the list, work out some scheme, come up with a name that fits your scheme (as your choice) and then somehow set someone up as being the (mis)lynch. And since you only need 2/6 of us to vote with you (since surely your 3 scumbuddies will be right there saying "oh yeah, that's a great plan! let' do it!", you figure there will be two idiot townies that go along with you.
I do not understand moving on the attack like this. I am not pushing for votes and I do not think my partner is well. This is information, that's all.
Also, I dont understand the "idiot townies" bit: providing information isn't bad - however, I would be very, very suspect of anyone who just blindly voted based on it, whatever it is. There CAN NOT be bandwagoning at this point if we're going to win. It has to be a matter of discussion.
Heck, you and your partner just conspired to hammered a townie on Day 1 and now you expect us to just "trust you" with whatever you are concocting today without giving us any explanation at all?
What kind of conspiracy was there? Adel took her vote off, asked me to do the same and said she would vote back with me when I put it on. I announced, well ahead of time I would be putting my vote back on a specific day. No one on that wagon moved and, if you think we are scum which is what you've been eluding to that means that at MINIMUM four townies sat there with their votes on before we hammered. Not moving the votes knowing a hammer was coming is, implicitly, agreeing with the lynch. It can be a conspiracy if its laid out to everyone exactly what is going to happen.
And your whole "Chelsea clears Gimbo thing" - you keep bringing that up as such a "great idea" but do we all forget that you admitted to Nameless that it technically wouldn't even have cleared Gimbo if we did it?
For this to be a "great idea" you have to assume two things at the beginning:
1.) Adel said she was going to vote when I did.
2.) I was going to drop my vote (which at this point is two votes) and hammer if necessary at the time I said I would.

With those things in mind:
1.) Only one group did not have at least one member voting Gimbo.
2.) The hammer was, in fact, poised.

If Gimbo was scum, his partner could not possibly vote for him in some kind of gambit - the hammer was too looming for that to be a real avenue. In fact, they had to somehow remove a vote.

There was only one group NOT voting for Gimbo, Chelsea and Chenshi. Therefore, they could really only be the potential scum partner.

Hence, to test Gimbo, lynching the only group not voting for him would have been a valid choice. Of course it would not have totally cleared him but everyone else had voted and to keep their votes on like that would have taken iron-hard guts. So, the lynch of them would have, for all intents and purposes, cleared Gimbo and given us a better position on today.

Also, as an aside, I made my standpoint on the Gimbo issue very clear: his gambit left only two options. Believe him to be town and not lynch him or remove the gambit and lynch him day 1. A Gimbo Day 2 lynch was never a real possibility. I did not want to take the chance with this setup the way it is because yes, although risky, if they were scum and didn't lose off the bat the chances of success became much higher.

But, honestly, after this last post I dont know what to make of you at all Zeek. This really seemed like attacking for the sake of attacking and bringing up the Gimbo issue was, from very early on, going to be a huge flag on Day 2 for me.

I want to see the fruits of Adels work before ANY kind of wagon gets moving in any direction. We still have a good shot at this (far better than 50-50 in my opinion) if we use all the information at hand and move from there.

Night all. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:33 pm

Post by Adel »

What Zeek would bothered to actually read day 1 of newbie 540 he would've found me acting in a very direct manner that he would consider to be pro-town. That he isn't actually doing his research (unlike what I've done with forbiddenlight) he wouldn't be making this case. He is pretending to scumhunt, and attacking me for doing actual scumhunting.
ZeekLTK wrote:And your whole "Chelsea clears Gimbo thing" - you keep bringing that up as such a "great idea" but do we all forget that you admitted to Nameless that it technically wouldn't even have cleared Gimbo if we did it?
I encourage other players to carefully reread day 1 and consider this comment. Is it sincere?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:
I encourage other players to carefully reread day 1 and consider this comment. Is it sincere?
There's no certanties in mafia was what you said if I remember correctly, which is of course true.
There's no way Gimbo would'vee been 100% cleared as was said. But he would have been looked on as extremely town like as it would have been far less likely for him to b scum.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Post by eldarad »

Vote Count

Chelseafan (1) -
Harvey Pew

Firestarter (1) -
Adel

Not voting (8) -
Firestarter, chenhsi, SpyreX, ZeekLTK, Shy Guy, forbiddanlight, Chelseafan, Nameless

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Last edited by eldarad on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:@Firestarter: please provide the name of your non-suspect so that we can carry on with this process.
Ive done so already, you also missed my choice. Go back 2/3 pages and you'll find it.
Adel wrote:
Firestarter wrote: My problem is that although compiling a list like this can be helpful to town (I cant see it in this case at the moment), it can also help scum to narrow down a target that would seem convincing to the rest.
ah, but I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect.
You wanting to be the last to name your suspect would fit in nicely if you are scum.
I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect. If I was trying to identify a safe person to push a mislynch on,
and
I was asking for most-suspicious person, your theory would make sense.
This is a possibilty that town would be foolish to rule out given we're at lylo.
In saying that, Im happy to see your conclusions at the end of this, but you do not need this list to name your top suspect(s) at this time.
So you are asking for me to list my top suspects? WTF! Are you really making the supreme scum blunder of doing exactly the scummy thing you are accusing your targeted townie of doing? What luck!
In response to this last post...
By you deducing from your list who is more townie, you can also deduce who is more scum..
You know well what I meant, and to twist my words like that is not good.

You are deliberatly and completely missing what Im getting at,
I have asked you who you think is the most townie...
Firestarter wrote: Who do you think is/are the the most townie?
How you can deduce from the above quote that I was asking you for your suspect is beyond me....

My questions, that you have failed to answer several times, still stand...

In response to Spyrex' post...

I am also waiting for a conclusion to Adels compiling, and I agree wholeheartedly that discussion is good... but this list is stalling discussion, period...

And when Adel gets back to us with her conclusions, should we be basing our discussion around who she thinks is Scum.. only?

Ive said it before, Im intrigued as to what Adel is doing, but Im also confused... I have not asked her for any info regarding that list, simply who she thinks is town before she finishes...
The overreaction and vote in relation to my post reeks of scum, there is no denying that, especially when she has not addressed whats been put in front of her, and a lack of a coherent case to vote for me in the first place.

Her vote on me, imo, is to silence me.. I will not be silenced from posting my thoughts

Adel, either give me reasons and answer my questions, or remove your vote from me...
('') (':') ('')
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Shy Guy »

forbiddanlight wrote:Alright love, so, after your initial facepalm at me and Knight's combined play, do you have any good ideas of how we might be able to pull a town win out of this?
Yes dearest, I believe I do :).

First, hello again, everyone.

There has been quite a flurry of activity while I was gone, and I'm pleased at replacing into a game and it being active. However, I sense emotions flaring, and I caution against rash votes. Thinking through actions before taking them is always a sound policy in mafia, and moreover I believe I have a pretty good read on this game and have narrowed down who the scum are, and so I personally would hate for us to lynch quickly without at least allowing me to share my insights.

I read the game and then re-read some crucial parts, and feel fairly strong about my conclusions.

I believe Adel & Spryex, Chelseafan & chenhsi comprise the scum team.

Ergo, at this point I believe ZeekLTK & Harvey Pew, Nameless & Firestarter are both town pairs.

I have what I believe to be fairly compelling arguments for this, and at this point would be fine with lynching any one of the four players I believe to be scum, though if hard pressed I'd rather lynch Adel's group.

Before I delve into my analysis though, I wish to ask Nameless, and my lover, forbiddenalight, why they chose to clear Spryex?
Indeed, Spryex has not acted nearly as suspiciously as Adel, but I do not have a town-read on him, only a neutral/slightly scummy read, and I have yet to re-read his posts individually for consistency.

I am not infallible, and if you two have good reasons for saying he is the most townlike player in the game, I'll take them into consideration and try and rethink things. However, I do have a pretty good track record in determining who scum are, and if this is more of a "gut" reaction I'd like you to acknowledge that as well so I can continue with my analysis.

I believe this listing of "cleared" groups by Adel is an information gathering attempt by her with a two-pronged purpose. She wishes to determine which groups she should not bother attempting to mis-lynch, and she also wishes us to (hopefully) enter a situation where one or both halves of the scum group is cleared, and us attacking that group later will be criticized heavily by her as hypocritical. I think that clearing anyone at any point in this game is foolish.

If I absolutely had to clear anyone (other than my partner) it would be MafiaSSK's group (Havery Pew/ZeekLTK), in great part to MafiaSSK's action in the first few pages (and lack of anything that caused me to suspect those two later on). However, I am much more interested in finding scum than clearing townies at this point, and if later evidence encountered by me or introduced by others convinces me away from my current read on those two, I would be open minded to it.

I await the reply of Nameless and especially of forbiddenalight (because I know her to be town) about why they have chosen to "clear" Spryex. After I have it, I will consider it. If I am convinced by their clearing Spryex, I'll re-read the game and rethink. If I am unconvinced, I'll explain why and launch into my analysis.

Again, I am fairly confident my analysis of this game is accurate, and that we can bring this game to a positive conclusion for the town, eliminating those dastardly polygamists and living, monogamously, in peace :D.
I won't say much.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Nameless »

(Oh godDAMNit, random crash. I had a moderate sized post too. I no longer trust Firefox. >_< Key points it is:)

@Firestarter: You're overreacting (and melodramatic, OMG) - Adel's list isn't going to give the mafia anything they couldn't have figured out by carefully reading the thread anyway. Unless you've got any better ideas, etc.

@Adel: I really don't like the way you've voted twice in LyLo without immediate reasoning and once only minimal. Either you are bad, or your overconfidence is.

@Adel (again): It would be pretty obvious if somebody changed their minds just because you believe a player innocent. Since the list was your idea the fact you intend to "clear" somebody last is suspicious and who is to say YOU aren't going to do the exact same thing?

@Shy Guy: I "cleared" SpyreX moreso because of Adel's actions D1, but I'm starting to like them less D2. :-/
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Firestarter »

I dont think I over reacted honey...

Shy Guy, you make some sense about Spyrex...
The more I think about him, the more I would consider him to be neutral, but this is all based on Adels's recent actions, who has been way more scummier than her partner.

I chose Spyrex for the fact that he has not given me any reason to think he's scum..
That said, there is no overwhelming evidence to think that he is town...
But when I apply that thinking to everyone, Spyrex is the most townish imo.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:27 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I chose Spyrex for the fact that he has not given me any reason to think he's scum..
This is pretty close to my reasoning. I mostly just felt that Spyrex was interesting in keeping the town honest. During the Gimbo debate, he wanted us to hold off on voting til he could figure things out (though he did hammer, so I guess maybe that's not so great). Today, he has been encouraging discussion and lambasting voters. He also seemed willing to give me a chance to prove myself, and was trying hard to. But, anyway, in the end, it's all subjective, and I'm really interested in seeing your case...because honestly, today my gut has been telling me something is off about Spyrex/Adel. I guess...I dunno...this game was really weird for me. I hope we find a solution soon that causes a town win.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:02 am

Post by SpyreX »

No one told me how to quote names. :P Boo on you all.
And when Adel gets back to us with her conclusions, should we be basing our discussion around who she thinks is Scum.. only?
Of course not. That would be bad town play to just follow anyone at lylo when none of us are confirmed. It does serve to give us another source to look at for potential matchups, etc. I said it before, I'll say it again: I would be very, very suspect of anyone who just followed along with whatever her final analysis is.
I believe I have a pretty good read on this game and have narrowed down who the scum are, and so I personally would hate for us to lynch quickly without at least allowing me to share my insights.
I really doubt there is going to be a quick lynch, but I wholeheartedly agree. I want to see your analysis before anything rash happens.
I believe this listing of "cleared" groups by Adel is an information gathering attempt by her with a two-pronged purpose. She wishes to determine which groups she should not bother attempting to mis-lynch, and she also wishes us to (hopefully) enter a situation where one or both halves of the scum group is cleared, and us attacking that group later will be criticized heavily by her as hypocritical. I think that clearing anyone at any point in this game is foolish.
No one is "cleared" - I said when I made my contribution that my clearing was very hesistant. This game, for me, I've seen reasons why almost everyone could be scum at some point.

@Shy Guy - why SSK? Now, I've said I thought Zeek was the most town (which, currently, I'm having some reservations about), but I dont see a whole lot in Mafia's 5 whole posts (two of which are before the game even started) that make me really get a town feel. Also, I thought Harvey was very town early on but his play become more erratic as it went and that vote early day 2 really bothers me.

Now, as for Adel - I'm seeing that a lot of the questions about us are coming from her play. Honestly, I can understand that. Before the game started in our little chat she sent me the link to the first game. I didn't read the OP and just delved in. About half way in I was CONVINCED she was scum - I even mentioned it to her. I thought she was scum for just the same reasons a lot of people think she is now. Although I'm not shouting "meta, meta, meta" take a read of that game as well. Maybe it'll help shed some light on this.

@Adel - you've missed two people I think on the list. Harvey and Firestarter both chimed in saying I'm the most town.

Who are we missing from the list? I think thats damn near everyone, right?
Show

Proud member of BaM
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:22 am

Post by eldarad »

SpyreX wrote:No one told me how to quote names. :P Boo on you all.

Code: Select all

[quote="eldarad"]quote people like this[/quote]
eldarad wrote:quote people like this
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sweet. Eldarad is obviously town. ;) Thanks.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Shy Guy »

Nameless wrote:@Shy Guy: I "cleared" SpyreX moreso because of Adel's actions D1, but I'm starting to like them less D2. :-/
Why clear him because of Adel's actions? Why not clear Adel, in that case? You've given me nothing specific I can consider here, and I for one find Adel's actions highly suspicious.
Firestarter wrote:Shy Guy, you make some sense about Spyrex...
Oh? In what sense did I 'make sense'? I didn't provide any argument for my conclusion that I can see.

Firestarter wrote:I chose Spyrex for the fact that he has not given me any reason to think he's scum..
That's a sad commentary on the quality of town play in this game, if true -- that a neutral looking person is the most town-like because they haven't looked scummy. I disagree at least where MafiaSSK is concerned, and will endeavor to explain why when I get a chance to do a more thorough post.
forbiddenalight wrote: I mostly just felt that Spyrex was interesting in keeping the town honest. During the Gimbo debate, he wanted us to hold off on voting til he could figure things out (though he did hammer, so I guess maybe that's not so great). Today, he has been encouraging discussion and lambasting voters. He also seemed willing to give me a chance to prove myself, and was trying hard to.
I agree about his actions, but not necessarily about your conclusions about his intentions.

As you said, during Gimbo he championed caution but eventually made sure the lynch happened. It seems that his actions conflicted with his words there, in the end -- he looked good for defending Gimbo, the easy target, and then proceeded to lynch Gimbo, the easy target.

Today he is encouraging discussion yes, but the main vote I saw him criticize was Harvey's vote on Chelsea -- who according to me would be his scumpartner. If I can argue persuasively for this, it would only follow that he'd want us to discuss voting his scum partner so he could steer us to lynching someone else.

As for letting you prove yourself, the scum only need to trip up one townie pair to get a game ending mislynch now. I think that we should be mindful of buddying at least as far as that action is concerned.

I am grateful for everyone's promptness and candor in responding to my questions, and Nameless & Firestarter, I would most appreciate it if you answered my follow up questions as well.
forbiddenalight wrote:'m really interested in seeing your case...because honestly, today my gut has been telling me something is off about Spyrex/Adel. I guess...I dunno...this game was really weird for me. I hope we find a solution soon that causes a town win.
All in due time -- I should have the spare time needed (I'd say an hour or so) to fully explain my thoughts about this game within the next few days, and I'll do so at my next convenience. When I do so I'll express my current thoughts about every player in the game (excepting my predecessor/myself and my partner, as I spent no time analyzing them, knowing their alignment :)).
I won't say much.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

Shy Guy wrote:That's a sad commentary on the quality of town play in this game, if true -- that a neutral looking person is the most town-like because they haven't looked scummy. I disagree at least where MafiaSSK is concerned, and will endeavor to explain why when I get a chance to do a more thorough post.
Yep, every group has had some seriously scummy behavior. That's what is, partially, making this hard. There's no one group I can look at and say "yep, they're playing like solid town." I, personally, would like to think I've done what I can to help and in this setup thats discussion.
Shy Guy wrote:As you said, during Gimbo he championed caution but eventually made sure the lynch happened. It seems that his actions conflicted with his words there, in the end -- he looked good for defending Gimbo, the easy target, and then proceeded to lynch Gimbo, the easy target.
Yes, I championed caution - I championed discussion. The more the better. You need to show me where I defended Gimbo because sure as hell I thought his play was scummy and I thought he was scum enough to, of course, make sure he didn't make it to day 2 where, as I've said a million times, he could not be a lynch target.
Shy Guy wrote:Today he is encouraging discussion yes, but the main vote I saw him criticize was Harvey's vote on Chelsea -- who according to me would be his scumpartner. If I can argue persuasively for this, it would only follow that he'd want us to discuss voting his scum partner so he could steer us to lynching someone else.
After Zeek's very agressive attack on Adel coupled with Harvey's erratic behavior day 1 and that no-explanation vote day 2 bringing what could be one step closer to town loss, YES I am going to bring that up. I said I "cleared" zeek but that was tentative then and its become more tentative since.

As for the other half. How can I steer anyone? Hell, I dont even steer my partner much - she's been doin her own thing most of this game. I think I should be flattered that you think I'll have this much effect on the overall consensus of the town. I say discussion makes sense because well, discussion is going to give us the best chance to win this game.

If my hammering of Gimbo is going to be the great point in which the crux of this is brought up I am going to be sad. Hell, if I was truly a prophet day 1 and this goes down the way its shaping up to I am going to be sad.

But, I look forward to your analysis. Hopefully others start chiming in more too. :P

fixed quote tags. Don't put spaces after the "=" - mod
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sigh, screwed up my quotes again.. teach me to try and learn new things.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

Shy Guy wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Shy Guy, you make some sense about Spyrex...
Oh? In what sense did I 'make sense'? I didn't provide any argument for my conclusion that I can see.
Shy Guy wrote:Before I delve into my analysis though, I wish to ask Nameless, and my lover, forbiddenalight, why they chose to clear Spryex?
Indeed, Spryex has not acted nearly as suspiciously as Adel, but I do not have a town-read on him, only a neutral/slightly scummy read
, and I have yet to re-read his posts individually for consistency.
@Shy Guy..
I believe this is your first post on this page...

My comment on Spyrex was not based on anyones conclusions.
The bolded part got me thinking about the scum to town behaviour of Spyrex, The hammer on Gimbo v his wanting discussion/time/questioning voters. At this moment, Im siding with a neutral read on Spyrex, which happens to be the most townish read from anyone im getting.

Ive already given my thoughts on the hammer of Gimbo, and where I see the jot on the copybook of Adel & Spyrex as a pair.
My concern with Spyrex is the actual commitment to voting Gimbo, while leaving room for discussion, hammer or not.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

My concern with Spyrex is the actual commitment to voting Gimbo, while leaving room for discussion, hammer or not.
Can you explain the concern, please?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Firestarter »

I could, but I'd rather your partner answer my questions first.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

Fair enough. I'm willing to wait for Adel & Shy Guy to do whatever they're going to do. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:
Firestarter wrote: My problem is that although compiling a list like this can be helpful to town (I cant see it in this case at the moment), it can also help scum to narrow down a target that would seem convincing to the rest.
ah, but I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect.
You wanting to be the last to name your
suspect
Most townish-like player
would fit in nicely if you are scum,
so you could choose the least townish player, who is town, for lynching
I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect. If I was trying to identify a safe person to push a mislynch on,
and
I was asking for most-suspicious person, your theory would make sense.
This is a possibilty that town would be foolish to rule out given we're at lylo.
In saying that, Im happy to see your conclusions at the end of this, but you do not need this list to name your top
suspect
Most townish-like player at this time.
So you are asking for me to list my top suspects? WTF! Are you really making the supreme scum blunder of doing exactly the scummy thing you are accusing your targeted townie of doing? What luck!
Looking back through earlier posts, Ive realised I did place "suspect" in instead of "Most townish-like player."
I was focused on who Adel may choose as her lynchee in the first part of my post, and continued on in that vein.
Ive edited those posts in the quote, and inserted what should have been there.

@Adel, can you now address this, and the other questions that are outstanding please.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Adel »

Firestarter wrote:Her vote on me, imo, is to silence me..
or was it to get a response out of you?
and a lack of a coherent case to vote for me in the first place.
absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I have not publically posted my case against you.

~~~

Chelseafan is my name, but I wanted chensi to get replaced before I went on the record as saying that. Replacing into pressure is much harder than replacing into zero-pressure.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Adel »

Nameless wrote: @Adel (again): It would be pretty obvious if somebody changed their minds just because you believe a player innocent. Since the list was your idea the fact you intend to "clear" somebody last is suspicious and who is to say YOU aren't going to do the exact same thing?
see my last post
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Adel »

forbiddanlight -> clears -> Spyrex
Chelseafan -> clears -> Firestarter
ZeekLTK -> clears -> Firestarter
Spyrex -> clears -> ZeekLTK
Nameless -> clears -> Spyrex
Shy Guy -> clears -> Havery Pew
Adel -> clears -> Chelseafan

which ones did I leave off, and where would they fit in the list by chronological order?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

Firestarter and Harvey right after nameless did. 414/415 respectively (both on me)
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”