Luddite

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Korts »

Greasy Spot wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Well I can't let all the other claimers have
all
the fun. I am the Mafia Godfather. I will always show up innocent. :D
Korts wrote:Actually, if some people would be willing to vote armlx, that'd be all kinds of great.
I will
vote: armix
. This is standard armix scum play.
The top part is clearly a joke. Period. Wagonning him on it makes no sense.

The actually interesting part of this post, which few people seem to have picked up on, is the second half. Given the amount of energy he's put into calling IAAUN scum so far, why is he unvoting him and going after someone else, with only one line's worth of explanation?

vote: Greasy Spot
And this is an even worse reason to vote someone.
unvote, vote: Greasy Spot

Say no to scumtells. That's the way to clear yourself.
scumchat never die
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Well obviously it seems like no one else holds the same feelings about iamausername as I do so my single vote won't do much good.

Which question was that?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

Name a specific instance in which you felt IAAUN distorted what you said.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Dude,
I'm not gonna reiterate the whole situation. Any post where he quoted me he misrepresented what I said or implied a different meaning to something I said or didn't say.

The case has been drug around enough, I'm not gonna rebuild it if your too lazy to review for yourself.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

I've read the case. I can't find a single instance where it seems obvious or even particularly likely that he misrepped you.

Look, you said there was no case on Strife. Then you said there was no difference between them. This, surely, means there was no case on armlx either? But then if that's what you thought, why didn't you say that? There is a contradiction there.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 9

BlakAdder
- (4) {iamusername, Muerrto, Lowell, forbiddanlight}

Greasy Spot - (3) {StrangerCoug, The Fonz, Korts}

Lowell - (2) {BlakAdder, strife220}

silence - (2) {Sun Tzu, -TinVision-}

Korts - (1) {armix}

StrangerCoug - (1) {JordanA24}

armix - (1) {Greasy Spot}

Muerrto - (1) {roflcopter}

Not Voting: {silence, Iron Man}.

With 17 left alive it will take 9 to lynch.

I'm looking for a replacement for -TinVision-.

Prods going out tonight on inactives.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by armlx »

armlx wrote:
I will vote: armix. This is standard armix scum play.
It is? What games are you basing this on?
GS, this question is unanswered. Please do so.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Korts »

The Fonz wrote:Name a specific instance in which you felt IAAUN distorted what you said.
This you haven't done in the whole game, I think, GS. It wouldn't be reiterating, it would be iterating. If I'm wrong, feel free to quote yourself.
scumchat never die
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Rogueben »

orangepenguin replaces -TinVision- as of this post.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:37 am

Post by strife220 »

Woah what happened to the Korts-wagon? Did I miss something?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

Korts never had more than three votes, and currently had one. So in short, a couple of people who were voting Korts voted someone else.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:46 am

Post by strife220 »

Suppose the BlakAdder wagon is fine too. Just re-read him, and found this:
BlakAdder wrote:EBWOP: Finally breached the massive wall of text. Great job there, Forbiddan. This just made scumhunting loads easier.
In regards to the content itself, you did a good job of keeping neutral, not painting anyone in a good or negative light.
I'll have finished going over my own notes in a minute, and I'll have a more game-related post.
This
BlakAdder wrote:Okay, I've been away for a while, but I should have no problems getting ahold of a computer now. I've reread and I'm finding StrangerCoug somewhat suspicious.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lowell wrote:I'll
FOS GS
for tunnel vision.
Explain, even if you just spit out post numbers.
Where have you been for the last ten pages or so? He's been OMGUSing Username repeatedly without good reason.
StrangerCoug wrote:
HoS: Lowell
for calling a powerful pro-town power role useless.
Wtf. That's all I have to say.

That, and all the bandwagoning and votehopping, not getting off of rofl's back even after he claimed mason, and everything else that's been brought up already.

Vote: StrangerCoug
and this
BlakAdder wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Why are we still debating on who we should lynch? Has anybody other than me read #507?
Something tells me this wasn't serious. Why would the Godfather out himself? If you think he was serious, Coug, just vig him tonight, and we can try to hit a goon today.

Also, while I'm at it,
vote: Lowell
for:
A. Demanding that the Masons claim
2. Lots of meaningless posts
D. Randomly trying to force a bandwagon on Sun Tzu
There are probably other reasons, but I'm kinda busy right now, and I'll list them later if I get the chance.

To all be pretty scummy. The "wow good job" is so far overdone, and the votes on SC and Lowell both seem like forced cases. BlakAdder, Korts, and Lowell are all cool lynches by me. Joining the only bandwagon that has any steam:
Unvote, Vote: BlakAdder
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hey, when is deadline anyway? seems we kinda died.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:38 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:Hey, when is deadline anyway? seems we kinda died.
There isn't one... yet *shifts eyes*
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Korts »

I'm here. Still waiting on GS to answer.
scumchat never die
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Vote Count 8

Korts - (3) {iamusername, armix, strife220}

silence - (2) {Sun Tzu, -TinVision-}

iamusername - (1) {Greasy Spot}

StrangerCoug - (1) {JordanA24}

armix - (1) {roflcopter}

-TinVision- - (1) {forbiddanlight}

Lowell - (1) {StrangerCoug}

Not Voting: {BlakAdder, silence, Vamparific, Iron Man, The Fonz, Korts, Lowell}.

With 17 left alive it will take 9 to lynch.

To prevent this game from dragging I am setting a deadline. The deadline will be Tuesday 29th July at 2:00 am GMT.

The deadline lynch rules are that the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie the player who had the most votes for the longest amount of time. In the unlikely circumstance of no one voting the game will go to night without a lynch.

The player who would be lynched based on the current vote count will have their name bolded.

Prods have been sent to JordanA24, Greasy Spot and -TinVision-.

Yeah there is. Here.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

But, it's not for awhile. We're fine.
-StrangerCoug

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:54 am

Post by JordanA24 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:That's an opinion, Coug. It doesn't affect his alignment either way. And in the end, discuss it after game. Seriously, you seem to be panicking, throwing accusations around for such little things. If I weren't already voting you I'd vote you now. and an "I've got my eye on you" still indicates suspicion. If it's not scummy, why are you looking at him?
As I said, he wasn't polite in his post. I don't think IGMEOY was the best way to go about it, but I wanted to get his attention.
Don't bother trying to make up excuses, you said someone was scummy for a game theory opinion, nothing to do with his alignment, and your attempts to wriggle out of it just makes it look worse.
The Fonz wrote: For instance, if, say, armlx says that Greasy Spot would be a horrible vig choice, and the vig then kills GS, it's pretty obvious it isn't armlx, isn't it?
What if armlx the Vig (in this instance) is WIFOMing to try to avoid being suspected by the scum as the Vig?

Don't like GS's poorly disguised OMGUS on username for suggesting him as a good lynch target.
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote Sun Tzu
. If he's scum he'll come totally unglued. Let's try it.
What makes you say this, because he's a newbie? Well, no offense to Sun Tzu or other newbies btw, quite often inexperienced players, regardless of their alignment, panic when put under pressure, one of the main reasons why Day 1's so often end in a town lynch, coupled with lack of info. You as an experienced player should know this. I don't like at all how you picked on Sun Tzu simply for being a newbie, which doesn't at all affect his alignment, nor your fallacy that only newbie-scum panic when placed under pressure, it seems a lot like trying to set up an easy lynch.
HOS: Lowell
BlakAdder wrote:
Vote: StrangerCoug
Not liking how you decide to place your vote on the leading bandwagon when you start to come under pressure.
Sun Tzu wrote:
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote Sun Tzu
I'mnot making any jokes this game.
???
Lowell wrote:3) I'd like to see the vig hit a complete lurker. Big games like this make it a little too easy for people to just wait out the first 2 days or so. Let's put the fear of god in them.
Already discussed why I hate lurker-targeting...
StrangerCoug wrote:
Korts wrote:More votes on the SC wagon would be appropriate. He's still L-3.
Korts wrote:"shameless wagoning" hadn't been part of the case until now, interesting. And the vig issue is two-sided. And more.
You really had to make those two posts in close succession, didn't you?

I am the vigilante,
and I killed dcorbe Night 0. Granted, I did it out of spite and I probably could come up with better reasons, but that's who and why.
Unvote

Muertto, why the hell vig IM? Surely the Vig kill should be reserved for someone who the town generally find scummy (who we didn't lynch)
Korts wrote:I analyzed you. I didn't get proof.
So if you didn't find anything that was scummy about him, why do you suspect him? There's no grounds to suspect him is there? What you could do instead is show us what posts give you the gut feeling against him and post reasons why this makes you feel uneasy about him.
Muerrto wrote:Shrug you guys wanna lynch me, lynch me. But do it for REAL reasons not this mason crap. I still say if the masons live to LYLO it's insanely dangerous.
Do you really think that if they were fakeclaiming the real Masons wouldn't have counterclaimed them by now? Not going to vote you, since there are better targets, but
FOS: Muerrto

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote blakadder
. I'm ready to jump on board.
What made you suddenly decide to abandon your drive against Sun Tzu?

I feel that there is almost certainly a connection between Blakadder and Tin (now Orangepenguin), and it's not particularly likely to be a Mason Connection... Tbh, I actually feel Penguin is a better place for my vote, despite the bandwagon on Adder, I'm more sure on Penguin being scum.
Vote: Penguin

Lowell is also looking fairly scummy to me atm.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Korts wrote:I'm here. Still waiting on GS to answer.
iamausername wrote:OK, so let's get back to the original point; why say you can't decide between armlx and strife when you did, in fact, think armlx was scummier?

Alternatively, if you didn't think either was scummier than the other, why specifically say that there was no case against strife?

PS, thanks for the OMGUS, I shall treasure it always.
I never said armix was scummier. What I said was at the time there wasn't even a case against strife so how could I possibly choose.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I feel that there is almost certainly a connection between Blakadder and Tin (now Orangepenguin), and it's not particularly likely to be a Mason Connection... Tbh, I actually feel Penguin is a better place for my vote, despite the bandwagon on Adder, I'm more sure on Penguin being scum. Vote: Penguin
I agree with this, but I want to see Penguin attempt a defense before I hop back to him. The Tin wagon didn't gain much steam, and since I also kinda felt there was a connection between Tin and Blak, I'm fine with lynching either of them.
-StrangerCoug

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Korts wrote:I'm here. Still waiting on GS to answer.
iamausername wrote:OK, so let's get back to the original point; why say you can't decide between armlx and strife when you did, in fact, think armlx was scummier?

Alternatively, if you didn't think either was scummier than the other, why specifically say that there was no case against strife?

PS, thanks for the OMGUS, I shall treasure it always.
I never said armix was scummier. What I said was at the time there wasn't even a case against strife so how could I possibly choose.
But if there's no case on Strife, either there's no case on armlx, or armlx is scummier, yes? someone who there is a case on is scummier than someone there is no case on, right? But you didn't say 'there's no case on either' you said 'There's no case on Strife.' But you also said there was no difference between the two. Ergo, you have contradicted yourself.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Because there were some stuff building on armix at the time but absolutely nothing on strife. At the time I didn't think either was acting scummy.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:09 am

Post by iamausername »

JordanA24 wrote:
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote Sun Tzu
What makes you say this, because he's a newbie? Well, no offense to Sun Tzu or other newbies btw, quite often inexperienced players, regardless of their alignment, panic when put under pressure, one of the main reasons why Day 1's so often end in a town lynch, coupled with lack of info. You as an experienced player should know this. I don't like at all how you picked on Sun Tzu simply for being a newbie, which doesn't at all affect his alignment, nor your fallacy that only newbie-scum panic when placed under pressure, it seems a lot like trying to set up an easy lynch.
HOS: Lowell
Why do you assume that Lowell is doing this because Sun Tzu is a newbie? This is a pretty long rant to come out with based entirely on fabricated motives that you've attributed to Lowell.
JordanA24 wrote:I feel that there is almost certainly a connection between Blakadder and Tin (now Orangepenguin), and it's not particularly likely to be a Mason Connection... Tbh, I actually feel Penguin is a better place for my vote, despite the bandwagon on Adder, I'm more sure on Penguin being scum.
Vote: Penguin
Could you explain why Tin/penguin seems scummier than BA? Because I'm not seeing anything much against Tin that doesn't entirely depend on BA being scum.
Greasy Spot wrote:Because there were some stuff building on armix at the time but absolutely nothing on strife. At the time I didn't think either was acting scummy
What do you mean by 'stuff building on armlx'?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

iamausername wrote:What do you mean by 'stuff building on armlx'?
Go read it yourself. It was on the first 17 posts.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah, just noticed I am the replacement. I will read through the entire thread when I have time. Expect a comment from me either later today or tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”