farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:19 am

Post by farside22 »

With a little less then 24 hours left in the day, what will happen? Who will go?

vote count

Doktor Per 3 votes: (Greasy Spot, Light-Kun, Elvis_knits)

Lord Gurgi 2 votes: (icemaneE, Cephrir)
IcemanE 1 vote: (Doktor Per)
Cephrir 1 vote: (Lord Gurgi)

Not voting:

thinktank
Killa Seven

9 people means 5 votes for a lynch.
Deadline July 18th 12:00pm PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

EK wrote:Cephrir didn't jump on DP for his slip right away. He only votes DP when dcorbe won't let it drop and the town is looking like it will definitely lynch DP. That is the time when a scum buddy has to buss. The fact that he busses DP and chooses to tie DP to SC at the same time is very suspicious. It was like "If I have ot buss my buddy I am at least going to set up a mislynch for tomorrow."
You certainly sound like you know DP to be scum. And like I said, were I bussing DP I would not have moved to SC.
EK wrote:Oh I also forgot to say that DP should not know if there is a cop in the game or if there is not a cop in the game. It makes me think that DP is a godfather, or he know that one of his buddies is a godfather. And a godfather in the game usually indicates a cop.
Good point.

[quoteI realize the number of scum in a mini is usually 3-4. But those are two different numbers. Why did DP pick 3 over 4?[/quote]
Because 3 is more common. Also, 4? Like, 4 mafiates? Has that ever happened? I'd say 2 is more likely than 4, given the probable SK.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:34 am

Post by thinktank »

I've seen enough evidence. It's go time.

vote: Doktor Per

Thats lynch-1 Dok. I think its time to claim or die.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

elvis_knits wrote:Greasy Spot, I believe you are voting DP. Do you disagree with me that DP is scum? Because you're attacking one of the scum tells that incriminates DP and Cephrir.

If you think DP and Cipher are scum then why are you voting Lord Gurgi?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

elvis_knits wrote:
unvote; vote DP
She isn't. The mod must have missed it.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

EBWOP: No, mod didn't. Just you.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Doktor Per »

thinktank wrote:I've seen enough evidence. It's go time.

Already did that? What do you want me to do, claim again?

Your post reeks of inconfidence and desire to sound as town as possible. What do you have to hide, thinktank? Never mind that. I expected this somewhat to happen, as there was no good consensus on anyone so everything will be reverted back to day one "he made joke votes and assumption about the town-mafia ratio and then said that he was a vanilla townie. Therefore he must be scum!" What this is, is a case of the Wine in front of me. Someone must be scum/SK/whatever so you go out of your way to over read and interprit everything. You make assumptions, since you have little else to go on. And this leads you into circles and circles and circles of stupid discussion about some guy being funny, this guy not being apparent enough or this vote phase going through too quickly. You have all shown a part of this mindset playing, you marvelous Machiavellian Masterminds. Truth is, all you say and do is for naught since anyone who is remotely intelligent and can take ten minutes away from his initial response can ultimately utterly and completely devestate this game by just thinking and doing minimal planning.

I however decided to be fair and come out of whack.

Have fun lynching more town.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Doktor Per »

I would like to add, that this bussing me stuff has had no fruit at all, none what so ever, because in the end you will have learnt nothing when I die.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Light-kun, you drank the poison goblet.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 am

Post by killa seven »

Doktor Per wrote:I would like to add, that this bussing me stuff has had no fruit at all, none what so ever, because in the end you will have learnt nothing when I die.
Isnt bussing usualy refered to what scum do? i thought town was called wagoning?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Light-kun wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:

Your post reeks of inconfidence and desire to sound as town as possible. What do you have to hide, thinktank? Never mind that. I expected this somewhat to happen, as there was no good consensus on anyone so everything will be reverted back to day one "he made joke votes and assumption about the town-mafia ratio and then said that he was a vanilla townie. Therefore he must be scum!" What this is, is a case of the Wine in front of me. Someone must be scum/SK/whatever so you go out of your way to over read and interprit everything. You make assumptions, since you have little else to go on. And this leads you into circles and circles and circles of stupid discussion about some guy being funny, this guy not being apparent enough or this vote phase going through too quickly. You have all shown a part of this mindset playing, you marvelous Machiavellian Masterminds. Truth is, all you say and do is for naught since anyone who is remotely intelligent and can take ten minutes away from his initial response can ultimately utterly and completely devestate this game by just thinking and doing minimal planning.

After reading the past few posts, it appears that Dok is sk. I dunno, but that is the feeling I get. btw, anyone else think that we don't have a cop? I mean, I would have inveestigated Dok, so the lack of a claim surprises me...

@work... later

There is something weird with lights post. So I deleted it and quoted here. Hope this doesn't confuse people
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Greasy Spot wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Greasy Spot, I believe you are voting DP. Do you disagree with me that DP is scum? Because you're attacking one of the scum tells that incriminates DP and Cephrir.

If you think DP and Cipher are scum then why are you voting Lord Gurgi?
Why are you fighting this as you vote DP???
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by icemanE »

Doktor Per wrote:

I don't get the feeling that Dok is scum. Tomorrow is our deadline for deciding on a lynch. It appears that the town has decided upon Dok. It's unfortunate that we're being rushed into it - I thought the deadline being pushed back once was enough, and I'm not going to ask for an extension, but it appears we could have used more time.

I really don't like Light's last post - it sounds like rolefishing. I am going to try to look into Light's posts before the lynch deadline hits, but I may not have time.

I'm going to leave my vote on LG for now. I recall being asked for a case on him - I'll do a reread on LG as well to make sure I'm still confident in my vote on him, and to explain my vote.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Please do. And I was at work using a touch screen.

Am I fishing for roles? No. Cop, DO NOT CLAIM as of now. My point is, however, is this:

If Dok is townie and there is a sk: we can assume there is 2-3 mafia (as per the norm), then that means that tomorrow, we will have 6 people -2 people that sk/mafia kill.
I am thinking that mafia and sk are probably not going to crossfire completely. *I assume vanilla for easy presentation) So:
Worst case: (assuming 2 mafia for mild hope)
2 mafia, 1 sk, 1 townie.
Town has (probably?) lost.
Next:
1 mafia, 1 sk, 2 townies. 50%, not too bad.
Next:
2 mafia, 2 townies: Town loses. (Or is it 2 mafia 3 townies...? Does mafia get priority over sk? Or is it a tie, and this result is possible.)
Best: (and least likely?)
1 mafia, 3 townies.

Okay, so, this is assuming we mislynch. If we lynch correctly, we have a better chance. (And at this point, I had rather wipe out serial killer to stop one night kill tonight than stop a sigle mafia.)
If we lynch a mafia, however:
Worse:
1 sk, 1 mafia, 2 townies. Not worse case ever....
Next:
1 sk, 3 townies
Next:
1 mafia, 3 townies
Next
4 townies.

So, it is my opinion that we make the best possible lynch. So, if this thought process hadn't hit the cop, and he knows that Dok is innocent, I really think now is just an ideal time to save him.

Now, I *am not* rolefishing. I can see how it looks that way, but I am just posting this as a possibility for *ANYONE* we lynch, assuming that they are townie or mafia. IMO, I think that best case right now is to lynch a mafia member. (Note, before typing this, I thought eliminating the possibility of losing two townies in one night was, but that isn't game ending if we kill a mafia member so... maybe.)

The only case, if we hit a sk is this:

3 townies, 2 mafia. (again, I am assuming two mafia because it is the only hope town has, *I think*)

If there is 3 mafia, we *have* to hit a mafia, and really pray for some crossfire, or I *think* we lose.

And, in typing this, I just realized the sk is third party, so if cop investigated serial killer, would he appear town? If so, forgot everything I said about the cop thing.

*I was thinking that a serial killer is "anti town" and would come up as such. But the report could say, "appears to be with the town," and that would send my entire theory straight to hell...

Anyway, just to clarify: Not fishing for roles. Just a rushed post, and apparently, a stupid one. I am posting this anyway to let my thought process be seen...
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Light-kun »

PLEASE READ MY
WHOLE
POST, OR IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DAMN SENSE!!!

Btw:
Unvote

I will try and stay up a little longer to see Ice's post on LG.
And before I go to sleep, I *will* have a vote, just so everyone reading this knows.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by icemanE »

unvote

In reviewing the decision I made on RS (now LG) it appears I was swayed too much by StrangerCoug's comments - Stranger was very suspicious of RS, so the day after we lynched Stranger and he turned up town, I immediately jumped on RS without much thought. Honestly though, after a thorough reread, RS was not only protown yesterday, but he also acted quite similar to myself.

Light, thank you for the clarification, that helps.

I feel that attempting to find and kill the
SK
today is our best bet, to prevent the situations you describe above - things will be much, much easier for us if we only have one kill tonight instead of two. However, hitting scum of either variety is obviously a good thing, and rooting out the SK is more difficult than nailing a mafia - not to mention that we're essentially out of time.

I will hopefully be able to return and vote tomorrow before the deadline - if Dok is what the town decides is the right play, and dok turns up town, I will look very closely at those on his wagon tomorrow. I get a very strong feeling that Dok is noobtown from his response to pressure - I can tell you that if I were put under any kind of pressure in my first game my first instinct would be to claim as well. So I throw that out as a scumtell - I agreed with Elvis that it's strange we didn't lynch Dok yesterday, but only because it looked like that was the way it was going to go, and we suddenly shifted gears - I'm going to try to look back at that shift, hopefully before deadline. I definitely want to have a vote in by then if at all possible. :shock:
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

Iceman wrote:I get a very strong feeling that Dok is noobtown from his response to pressure
Exactly.

Honestly, I would not be opposed to a cop with a result on DP claiming right now. This could potentially be LyLo, and it's definitely lynch-or-be-in-a-pretty-bad-situation. Lynching the SK would be nice, but IMO a mafiate would be almost as good, just because there could potentially be three mafia, and getting rid of one of them would make the threat of auto-loss overnight much less. Then again, if we lynch the SK, we're basically guaranteed to get a Day 3.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

k7, contribute more.
Bartleby the Scrivener
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:26 am

Post by farside22 »

With less then 4 hour left many a vote is changed, but DP still has the most votes. With fear of the SK and the number of scum that could be on their moon. The explorers ask themselves are we right?

vote count

Doktor Per 3 votes: (Greasy Spot, Elvis_knits, thinktank)

Lord Gurgi 1 votes: (Cephrir)
IcemanE 1 vote: (Doktor Per)
Cephrir 1 vote: (Lord Gurgi)

Not voting:

Killa Seven
Light-Kun
icemaneE
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Light-kun »

Dammit, the deadline is in about 40 minutes and it appears that we have no better choices than Dok? I will check back in 20 and get in a last minute vote, just to give Ice a final chance to review. otherwise, I may have to go with my first thought.

Or... I might vote whoever has posted virtually nothing lately. Try to review and vote...
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Light-kun »

Based on voting patterns and the possible semi bandwagoning on Stranger, I can see this as a potential lead, but this is kind of a half baked thought:

Vote: Greasy Spot

I just see this based on some voting patterns and his absence of reasoning behind them.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Light-kun wrote:Based on voting patterns and the possible semi bandwagoning on Stranger, I can see this as a potential lead, but this is kind of a half baked thought:

Vote: Greasy Spot

I just see this based on some voting patterns and his absence of reasoning behind them.
What voting patterns? I made a case against Stranger and stuck with it. It turned out I was wrong but I wasn't the only one that voted him.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your case against Greasy Spot is the same as my case against Cephrir?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Light-kun »

Actually, you had more on Cephrir. I really didn;t have anything, picked out someone who seemed a little odd and voted them. *shrugs* Since I didn't get anything out of that reaction, I am just going back to Dok.

[b]unvote, Vote Dok[/b]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:00 am

Post by farside22 »

The 3 of you GS, EK and TT all go to grab Doktor.
Doktor Per say: "I know the way out thank you very much."
You close the air lock door and pressue the button. The door to the moon opened up he flung himself onto the surface of the moon gasping for air with his eyes bugging out.

You run to his place. Everything is so nice and clean. His bed his made and look he was nice enough to leave his role laying around for all to see.
The note reads. Please don't mess up my room after my death. I would like to have everything shipped back home. Thanks.

Townie:

You are special in the fact that you were selected to help make the moon home. Other then that all you can do is vote.
You have no special ability but your vote.
You win when all dangers around you are lynched.
Looks like
Doktor Per was just a townie

You head to bed with a heavy heart and wonder "will I survive?"

Night action deadline are due
Monday July 21st 12:00pm PST

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”