farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:12 am

Post by farside22 »

SpyreX wrote:With imagine's thats hammer?
Looking at the vote count that puts DBE at 8 votes and imagine should make it 9 votes (if his votes counts). So no that isn't a hammer.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

No that just puts her at L-1 even with imaginality. It 9 to no lynch and 10 to lynch. Also I've read through the recent exchange with mirth and spyreX. I don't find mirth scummy. A couple of things SpyreX said were a bit off in context almost reaching, but nothing I'm greatly concerned with at the momment. A couple of the things he says pretaining to setup speculation also bother me, but i'm still convinced darla is the lynch.

1)
PokerFace wrote:At work. Going to word that a bit better since this is a point i want to make about darla's supposed PR. Rudeness =/= contentlessness. Can't you insult people and still give content?

Examples:
You worthless gits! I disagree with your opinion about _____ I think _____ etc.
OR
Copying Scumbags, you reek of flounder simply because you got to post that opinion first! My opinion is the same as yours and also _________
Remember this? I believe you could have posted content if you used this method. Correct?

2)Should the last idea fail in allowing you to give content, why didn't you think of using this simple idea before the wagon formed on you?:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
unvote vote: yourself

Hi, I believe (Insert Content here)
(End content)

unvote vote: someone else

Insults*
SpyreX wrote:Also, Poker, are you thinking what I am in response to DBE's warnings about her post restriction versus the number of posts she has without the PR? I have to assume thats why you asked and, of course, they dont add up.
I will reveal what I was thinking to that in my next post. I think its about time we end this waltz since I've seen enough discussion and I like the idea of a Darla, luigi, strappado, ?others? scumgroup. I got something that will further disprove the PR part of her claim. I'll write that part of this post up when I am not at work.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

No that just puts her at L-1 even with imaginality. It 9 to no lynch and 10 to lynch. Also I've read through the recent exchange with mirth and spyreX. I don't find mirth scummy. A couple of things SpyreX said were a bit off in context almost reaching, but nothing I'm greatly concerned with at the momment. A couple of the things he says pretaining to setup speculation also bother me, but i'm still convinced darla is the lynch.
Yes, in rereading for the most part I do not find mirth scummy as well.
What setup speculation have I talked about except them not having safeclaims?

I can see DBE, Luigi, but strap? I guess I just need to see the case again because I'm developing tunnel vision.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:46 am

Post by shaft.ed »

the colonel wrote:Now, who is this DarlaBlueEyes character and what makes you think she's being so silly? Now, we can't have silliness in our sketches we need clean wholesome fun. Now, you kids should all go outside and get some clean fresh air. Carry on then, ten, nine eight and all that.
Vote Count:

DarlaBlueEyes
(8) SpyreX, PokerFace, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi, Muerrto, Iron Man, JordanA24, farside22

chenhsi
(2) Mirth, killa seven
Luigi Gangsta
(1) elvis_knits
JordanA24
(1) The Internet
Bruce
(1) imaginality
Iron Man
(1) DarlaBlueEyes

Not voting
(Luigi Gangsta, chenhsi, strappado, Azimuth)

With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch and 9 to No Lynch.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

SpyreX wrote:Yes, in rereading for the most part I do not find mirth scummy as well.
What setup speculation have I talked about
except them not having safeclaims?

I can see DBE, Luigi, but strap? I guess I just need to see the case again because I'm developing tunnel vision.
Yay thats pretty much it and the whole bringing up jester and lyncher stuff. They could have claims, they could not have claims. Regardless with all the sketches there are in monty python I doubt it would be difficult for them to find something safe to claim.

As far as strappado goes I'll probably have to explain that all out another day its rather complicated. If you want you can look at my posts to see what it means based on her previous responses and what not, but I probably won't be going after her for awhile compared to luigi and should something come up that I believe proves my analysis to be wrong about her then so be it.

<<Waits on darla
<<waits on ironman
(I think he should only finish claim if it would benefit the town. What does everyone else say?)
<<gives lurkers time to say anything they want too

after i give the last part of the case I promised before, I will have no qualms with someone hammering.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

We've given him time. He needs to get moving already.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

We've given him time. He needs to get moving already.

Albatross!
QFT. Like I said I don't want this game to die on waiting for one person. I think we can get some pressure when if you look at the past 4 post all said I'm good and waiting on IM. Kind of a crap thing to do for this game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

I knew bringing Jester up would be a mild storm of fail, but the only reason I did is that, to me, it fit the play. I apologize for that especially since I wasn't planning on moving my vote. It was mostly conjecture.

As for the safeclaims, you understand why I would think the way I do with it, right?

The Ironman debacle has pushed itself to the point where he is going to have to give a fullclaim.

And, on that note, maybe its just me being paranoid, but I would have expected the announcer to have a PR. Again, just me, but hell thats ALL the announcer does is an inherent PR.
Show

Proud member of BaM
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:44 am

Post by imaginality »

I was expecting the announcer to be one of the mod's personae. "Day 2, and now for something completely different..."
Bruce wrote:<<waits on ironman
(I think he should only finish claim if it would benefit the town. What does everyone else say?)
I agree with you Bruce; at least, I'm not sure that it is to our advantage if Bruce completes his claim
now
, compared to at the start of day 2. If he completes his claim now, that might just help the mafia with their night choices (e.g. target him if he has a useful power role)? He should at least respond though and say something on the matter either way.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

ahhhhhh

I keep forgetting to check here cos I think I'm dead already :/

Is there anything I need to answer? I will start re-reading now. Still not happy about Iron Man pulling his thing, but like i said I suppose thats just OMGUS.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Mirth »

Darla, who do *you* think is suspicious and why?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:06 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I've not liked Iron Man since he began Trying to get us to guess his role so early on, I found that Scummy, and his voting record is scummy to say the least.

I would like a lot more content and participation from Chenhsi as well, I don't think that just making one line posts about how you're confused or the game is silly is beneficial to the town in the least.

Those are the only two that stick out for me.

Mirth I don't see, but I wont null it as a possibility certainly not D1 material in the least bit.

Kinda not much fun to add all this content when you're about to be lynched so please forgive my lack on enthusiasm
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Iron Man has been posting elsewhere. High on my list.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Mirth »

Yes, that he has. Another reason I'm not happy with him.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I am at home and its time I bring this up.
PokerFace wrote:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:AH HA!

I have votes now!

Thank you for freeing me.

Yes I am a French Taunter. I must be annoying and insulting to anyone who asks me a question or asks me to do something. (as a Posting Restriction) Also, I may only break character if you will to announce v/al or that my status whilst being away (I checked ^^)

also I must be insulting to anyone once a substantial Bandwagon has formed.

Now That there is a vote on me (or two?) I am allowed a nice post.
So Let me say that I do not like luigi's play with the seemingly fake PR. (Mine's quite fun but can seem to get me into some trouble xD)
And let's see. First you insult and then you nice and then you must insult again because there is a substaintial wagon is on you. That just don't look right. I'm guessing this may be what mirth meant by senclessness
You are curently at L-1.
8 + Bruce = 9, lynch is at 10.
I would certainly call this a substantial wagon on you and yet you responded nicely to farside without insulting her while you were at L-2.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 58#1153358
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 95#1153695
You also just responded nicely to me about penalties. And your last post while you were at L-1 was also insult-free. Explain why you didn't insult me? Your claim says you got to insult when there be a big wagon out there. Unless I be misreading, I highly encourage someone hammering. And the best part is, you can't back track and say you got more than one penalty for these actions that I believe break your PR. Think you can explain yourself out of this Darla?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Wow, I wasn't even looking at it from that view - I was thinking about the early game posts without insult. So, we've got PR breaks on the front and the back.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, I am suggesting someone hammers if within 12 hours IM hasn't responded. If he hasn't I will be voting for him tomorrow because this is ridiculous.
Show

Proud member of BaM
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by killa seven »

unvote vote DBE
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:34 am

Post by shaft.ed »

As soon as killa seven casts his vote you hear the rhythmic clanking of metal. It's not a mechanical sound similar to gears dragging a 16 ton weight into the air, although you may hear that in the distance. It's much more like someone clad in Medieval armor sprinting from a lynch mob. When you notice Darla's absence that quickly explains the audio input. I don't really know how everyone else failed to notice but she had been wearing chain mail, guantlets and a sallet for the entire day. It was quite obvious that she was a
French Taunter
as she claimed to be.

Final Day 1 Vote Count:

DarlaBlueEyes
(9) SpyreX, PokerFace, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi, Muerrto, Iron Man, JordanA24, farside22, killa seven

chenhsi
(1) Mirth
Luigi Gangsta
(1) elvis_knits
JordanA24
(1) The Internet
Bruce
(1) imaginality
Iron Man
(1) DarlaBlueEyes

Not voting
(Luigi Gangsta, chenhsi, strappado, Azimuth)

the colonel wrote:Now, where did this DarlaBlueEyes person run off to? Now, we can't have silly people hiding throughout the studio.
After searching the sest for a few minutes the colonel found Darla hiding behind a giant robot penguin.
the colonel wrote:Now, Darla come on out, I just need to revoke your union membership. That's right, just stand on that X over there and I'll be over to get it.
Once Darla was positioned on the "X" sloppily painted on the floor the colonel pulled the lever dropping the 16 ton weight. Blood seeps from below its base, and you hear that distant wratcheting of the gears. The flattend mess of blood, tissue and metal that used to be Darla sticks to the bottom of the weight. The colonel searches for some time, but cannot find her union card.
the colonel wrote:Now, she must not be part of the union. Now, I guess she's one of those Evil Egocentrict characters.
DarlaBlueEyes
Evil Egocentric Character
has been lynched.

the colonel wrote:Now, everyone better run along. Now, you should all perform your night actions promptly because of the...the..ah game mechanics, yeah that's what we'll call them complicated game mechanics. All right get along then, ten, nine, eight and all that.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:22 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Night Phase got you down Mrs. Brown?
Well check out an
entire Python Movie
then!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:01 am

Post by shaft.ed »

the colonel wrote:Now, I'm awake but it seems a few of you are still sawing it off. Now, I'll give you slackers 24 hours to have completed your night actions before I wake everyone up. Get along then, ten nine, eight and all that.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:32 am

Post by shaft.ed »

the colonel wrote:Now, why can't you people get here on time. Now, I give you an extra 24 hours and still one of you is missing. Now, it seems Luigi Gansta isn't here would someone please fetch him out of bed.

After you realize he is not in his trailer, most of you go out searching for him. Eventually you find a grizzly site on one of the lesser used sets. Luigi Gangsta has been slain and a circle of bodies lay around him. Strangley enough it seems that Luigi was the only one to have met foul play. The rest of the victims look to have died by their own hand. They must have been part of the Suicide Squad, which would make our victim Luigi Gangsta actually Brian. Upon inspection of his body you find his Union ID, and a book titled "Convincing People to Leave a Cult For Dummies." Luigi Gangsta, Brian the Cult Unrecruiter is dead.

As sad as it was to lose part of the Union you are all a bit happy that the carnage of last night was not matched where the entire cast of Salad Days was massacred. However, when chatting about this you notice something the matter with imaginality. He wasn't moving one bit. The corks hanging from his had were amazingly still. At first you assumed it was because the bastard had come in and taken the comfy chair, but it was a bit odd that he would be tied to it. His body is covered with bruises. It appears he was poked to death with soft cushions during the night (which may explain what took so long). You also notice that his Union ID has been mocking stapled to his forehead. Riffling through his pockets you find his work ID from the University of Walowaloo. It say he was a professor of criminalogy. imaginality, Bruce the Cop is dead.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:35 am

Post by shaft.ed »

the colonel wrote:Now, it appears we still have a significant bit of evil among us. Now, we'd best get cracking on finding these silly characters that insist on killing everyone. Run along then, ten, nine, eight and all that.

Day 2 begins. Deadline is precisely 5 weeks from this post.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch or No Lynch.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:13 am

Post by strappado »

yesterdays lynch happened kind of unexpectedly, I thought we'd get more time to discuss. I hope chenhsi either starts posting or gets replaced today, those would be the polite options.
Maybe some pressure would help
vote: chenhsi

I'm confused by the Spyrex counterclaim because with the wealth of characters in Monty Python, I doubted there would be two of the same role - but I think it's possible. I think it would be a dangerous gambit for him to counterclaim as scum, I also think he seems pretty town-ish so far, although my mind could change given more time.

So in these theme games with so a vast array of characters and abilities, is it common to discuss all night actions, or play it close to the vest? What's the custom?
http://strappado.mybrute.com

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”