[OLD] Open Setup Discussion and Nominations

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2147 (isolation #0) » Sat May 24, 2008 8:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Scigatt wrote:
Gamma wrote:
Informed Minority

Mason group of 3
Mafia group of 2
Werewolf group of 2
5 Townies

Am I doing it right?
looks interesting

Nominate
xyzzy wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:You should call it
Friends and Enemies and Enemies
QFT, and
third
I agree. I would play that

Fourthing the Nomination
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2177 (isolation #1) » Tue May 27, 2008 8:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
Scigatt wrote:
Gamma wrote:
Informed Minority

Mason group of 3
Mafia group of 2
Werewolf group of 2
5 Townies

Am I doing it right?
looks interesting

Nominate
xyzzy wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:You should call it
QFT, and
third
I agree. I would play that

Fourthing the Nomination
The Friends and Enemies and Enemies setup is in the open queue
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2405 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

gorckat wrote:neighbors (unconfirmed masons)
Behold the power of my nameing skills! Heh heh. I'll see if I can think of a good way for this setup to work aswell.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2407 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ok I am no balance expert so feel free to shoot some holes in this as much as you want.

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cops
5 Vanilla townies with...

4 (2 sets of)
Anominous Amnesiac Neighbors
: Set 1 has GF and a townie, set 2 has two townies in it. They don't know who is who. They relay pms to each other through the mod or post under aliases on quick topic. I admit regulating this could be a bitch for the mod but since none of them knows they are the GF until all the mafia dies I doubt they'll be willing to use their real names anyway since they'd esentially be shooting themselves in the foot. Not sure if the mafia should be told who is involved in the neighbor group or not but the existance of multiple neighbors and them not knowing who each other is should regulate things somewhat. They can't claim and out each other for the win because they don't know who each other is 100% and they don't know if any of them are really scum. And having to figure out who your partner is can add to the fun while things will still come down to who is scum. Comments?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2409 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

...Not sure if the mafia should be told who is involved in the neighbor group or not but...
Mafia knowing who GF is, is debatable in my setup. Probably better they do know. The kill against him should probably fail otherwise I think.

The mafia knowing or finding out who the GF is can also add to the fun of the game because now the scum may need to change game plans. And having an aITP like element involved in the game would also be cool considering how scum connections are looked at both ways based on how and when players would need to distance and buddy up because alignments can change.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2412 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:Ok I am no balance expert so feel free to shoot some holes in this as much as you want.

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cops

4 (2 sets of)
: Set 1 has GF and a townie, set 2 has two 2 townies in it. They don't know who is who. They relay pms to each other through the mod or post under aliases on quick topic. I admit regulating this could be a bitch for the mod but since none of them knows they are the GF until all the mafia dies I doubt they'll be willing to use their real names anyway since they'd esentially be shooting themselves in the foot. Not sure if the mafia should be told who is involved in the neighbor group or not but the existance of multiple neighbors and them not knowing who each other is should regulate things somewhat. They can't claim and out each other for the win because they don't know who each other is 100% and they don't know if any of them are really scum. And having to figure out who your partner is can add to the fun while things will still come down to who is scum. Comments?
Another negotiable element would be 2 sets versus 4 members of one. I don't know which would work better, but I still think the animous idea would be rather useful in solving a few things especially with number of masons factoring into that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2458 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have an idea on how to solve the balance issues with "Texas Justice".

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1158626

Idea should be discussed before it is tested since I am no balance expert.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2459 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Ok I am no balance expert so feel free to shoot some holes in this as much as you want.

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cops

4 (2 sets of)
: Set 1 has GF and a townie, set 2 has two 2 townies in it. They don't know who is who. They relay pms to each other through the mod or post under aliases on quick topic. I admit regulating this could be a bitch for the mod but since none of them knows they are the GF until all the mafia dies I doubt they'll be willing to use their real names anyway since they'd esentially be shooting themselves in the foot. Not sure if the mafia should be told who is involved in the neighbor group or not but the existance of multiple neighbors and them not knowing who each other is should regulate things somewhat. They can't claim and out each other for the win because they don't know who each other is 100% and they don't know if any of them are really scum. And having to figure out who your partner is can add to the fun while things will still come down to who is scum. Comments?
Another negotiable element would be 2 sets versus 4 members of one. I don't know which would work better, but I still think the animous idea would be rather useful in solving a few things especially with number of masons factoring into that.
PokerFace wrote:
Twomz wrote:Does the mafia know which one is the GF? Or does the kill against him fail?
...Not sure if the mafia should be told who is involved in the neighbor group or not but...
Mafia knowing who GF is, is debatable in my setup. Probably better they do know. The kill against him should probably fail otherwise I think.

The mafia knowing or finding out who the GF is can also add to the fun of the game because now the scum may need to change game plans. And having an aITP like element involved in the game would also be cool considering how scum connections are looked at both ways based on how and when players would need to distance and buddy up because alignments can change.
bump! I think this should be discussed further too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2462 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

gorckat wrote:Nominate Pokerface: Not a balance expert

</title stalker>

I like the block and kill option if it holds up after a goon is lynched/killed and they face an even number of people.
heh heh,

And if you read the thread I said the scum group together can block and kill each night as long as there is at least 1 member left. Also if you don't feel like calling them all goons since they can sorta role block, you can give them the name: "Saloon Wench"(es). That will fit the texas theme and give reason as to why they can role block together to go along with the simple thought of them poisoning your drink too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2619 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got some setups I think should be run.

Setup 1:

Confirmed Mason group of 3 townies
Mafia group of 2
Werewolf group of 2
5 Townies

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1071626
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8537
(Since it will be the second running of Gamma's original setup, it may be interesting to see if its worth incorporating Day Talk among the scum and masons)

Setup 2: A modified version of Texas Justice that won't make a giant shoot out ending easily possible

Saloon Style Justice

9 1-shot town vigs
3 Mafia Saloon Wenches (Currently in search of better name(s). Suggestions?)
The Saloon Wenches can as a team choose to Block one target and Kill one target each night. They can do this every night as long as they have at least one member alive. They can choose to Block and Kill the same target if they wish. (Don't missread and think they can kill and block three each, they must select one target for each of those actions as a team each night)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1158626
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 71#1158671

Setup 3: Another Texas Justice Variant
Gamma wrote:
Texas Justice Nightless

4 Mafia
8 1-shot Dayvigs

I think this is a bit of a stretch though, it came from an IRC game I did on another site.
Setup 4: Yet Another Texas Justive Variant
Gamma wrote:
Texas Injustice

8 town vigs with one-shot un-nightkillability
4 mafia with one-shot unnightkillability for each member
Setup 5: A modified verision of Quamire's Revenge
(Name Suggestions?)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 65#1146265
PokerFace wrote:

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cops

4 (2 sets of)
This should be debated on some so that the best version can be run with no breakable elements.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3191 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

The only issue I sort of have with this is that the Mimes investigate innocent. Sort of makes it if you find one "innocent" between the two cops that they can't win. Plus three kills out there for effectively a lover-scum group, makes it seem like they're really underpowered.
I agree with this part but am uncertain of best fix

Mime's would be like a loser mafia group.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”