hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Skruffs wrote:hasdfgh: Have you used your item yet? Was it useful?
I don't technically "use" it, it gets used without my knowledge, but I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been used yet, or I'd most likely be dead right now.

However, tonight I will probably be able to determine if there's another inventor floating around. No, I won't go more into it right now. If that makes a difference in any of today's decisions, I don't know, but it might be useful.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Mizzy »

Skruffs
, do you ever pay attention? Yosarian corrected himself and said he actually could NOT use the item to clear himself.

I don't think the chain letter was crafted by an inventor because it's not an invention. I also don't think that wolfsbane was crafted by an inventor because it's not an invention, either.

I don't believe Moonshine exists.

And did you ever think that maybe Yosarian could make more than 1 item per night? We don't know what his role entails. We can barely even speculate.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Ether »

Day 5, Votecount 7 wrote:2 TheSweatpantsNinja (Mizzy, Y)
2 Y (TheSweatpantsNinja, Skruffs)

2 Unvote (hasdgfas, Tiger Twins)

6 alive; 4 to lynch.
Deadline progress wrote:
6/4 - Tiger Twins, TheSweatpantsNinja, Y, Mizzy,
Skruffs, hasdgfas

7 hours and 17 minutes until the next block.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Y »

Skruffs, I'm not sure about the no-kills, but I see no good reason for the scum not to kill, and most people were active enough to assume they were active during the nights.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs: have you ever played with me as town on the forum? I believe you have. Did I not act in a similar manner?

Is my changing earlier stances really indicative of my alignment whatsoever?

Also: note the time similarity of those posts: they both happened before eldarad showed up as SCUM and Yos2 showed up as TOWN. Yos2 getting that right and being town helped sway me to his theories a bit :P.

I think I am OK with lynching Y, since I think {TSPN, Y, hasdgfas} contain all our remaining scum, and that Y is TSPN's most likely partner.

(Shrug)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Mizzy wrote:
Skruffs
, do you ever pay attention? Yosarian corrected himself and said he actually could NOT use the item to clear himself.

I don't think the chain letter was crafted by an inventor because it's not an invention. I also don't think that wolfsbane was crafted by an inventor because it's not an invention, either.

And did you ever think that maybe Yosarian could make more than 1 item per night? We don't know what his role entails. We can barely even speculate.
He still received an item, though, regardless of it's usefullness.

Removing all of Eldarad's claimed items as scum's lies, you still have at LEAST five items. TSPN is partially being strung up for having 'too much info' as to wether or not eldarad received an item; part of the reason that you are voting him is because you think that he 'knew' eldarad received an item and that he 'knew' that eldarad was reacting as scum would if scum had received that item.

Correct?

To now say that you do not think that eldarad even had an item means that TSPN's "knowledge" scum tell is in fact a null tell based off his own speculation, and not based on knowledge, because there was no 'knowledge' of those items to pick up on.

See? I am paying attention.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Guardian:
We played in Ork mafia where you pushed a very town mass claim day one, and then turned out to be a miller and got lynched, and we played in Big Love, but you replaced out of it. Regardless, as town, from my own experience, you follow your OWN hunches, because you like tot alk about how you were right at the end of the game. So going after a dead town player's theories because he was right about one person - and I still don't even see where you get that Yos has them all situated like that - and adopting them as your own IS out of character for you.

Also remember that Zindaras also played in a way that I associated with scum-Zin. I'm not going after you because I am guessing that the wolfsbane was real and would have killed you if you were a werewolf; if it turns out that the item wasn't trustworthy I'm unloading on you.

Also, your response almost seems to be you giving credence to my suspicions.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Skruffs wrote:
Mizzy wrote:
Skruffs

He still received an item, though, regardless of it's usefullness.

Removing all of Eldarad's claimed items as scum's lies, you still have at LEAST five items. TSPN is partially being strung up for having 'too much info' as to wether or not eldarad received an item; part of the reason that you are voting him is because you think that he 'knew' eldarad received an item and that he 'knew' that eldarad was reacting as scum would if scum had received that item.

Correct?

To now say that you do not think that eldarad even had an item means that TSPN's "knowledge" scum tell is in fact a null tell based off his own speculation, and not based on knowledge, because there was no 'knowledge' of those items to pick up on.

See? I am paying attention.
Wait...why would Yosarian say anything other than "I got an item" if he was trying to
hide
being the Inventor? He very well could have made the item himself and kept it, or he could have sent it out and randomly gotten it back. And he ONLY said he "got" one in the Chain Letter which cannot be confirmed as truth one way or another. When he mentioned it in thread he only mentioned having it; not how he got it. So that whole point is null.

Just because I don't think the item existed doesn't mean that I can't find TSPN's reaction to the item/item claim/item claim results after the fact scummy. I feel like TSPN is feeling hesitant about attacking a scumbuddy's potentially-fake item claim.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs, you seem to be basing your pseudo-suspicion of me based on the notion I'd rather brag at the end of the game rather than lynch correctly. Honestly... piss off. In both Ork and especially in Big Love, no one else had any idea of what was going on. I replaced out of BL because half the people were playing like idiots, and in Ork I led the only lynch of scum until we lynched the last scum because we had a guilty on them/innocent on everyone else.

And as for 'giving credence to your suspicion'... you're
not
trying to pull the 'scummy for overdefending' card are you? Because we all know that's a load of whooey. What was I meant to do -- blissfully ignore you?

Also, Skruffs, if you did receive wolfsbane and it was actually useless, how might you possibly come to find that out, short of Ether PM-ing you and telling you it was so?

Where's this all coming from Skruffs, and what's the point? It seems like you are pulling it out of thin air... and you yourself cleared me as not scum..
Do not lynch me.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

skruffs wrote: TSPN: You think a lynch is good for town, but you seem resigned to being lynched yourself. What's your deal?
I'm not resigned, so much as I have very little to say about myself, since the majority of the case of me is based on what a dead guy had to say about the guy i replaced (ok, i exaggerate, but the only person attacking me based on my play is mizzy, and her case on me still doesn't make any sense).

I support either a Y or a mizzy lynch, because I'm almost sure that they're the two remaining scum.
mizzy wrote: Just because I don't think the item existed doesn't mean that I can't find TSPN's reaction to the item/item claim/item claim results after the fact scummy. I feel like TSPN is feeling hesitant about attacking a scumbuddy's potentially-fake item claim.
I didn't feel too hesitant about it yesterday. While you were busy waffling, I was busy actually attacking scum.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Mizzy »

TSPN:
Offense is not a defense.

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:36 am

You are incorrect, particularly in a situation where one of us is almost certainly scum. Also, as we've both agreed, I don't have much to defend, so really, offense is all I have.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Skruffs »

Guardian wrote:Skruffs, you seem to be basing your pseudo-suspicion of me based on the notion I'd rather brag at the end of the game rather than lynch correctly. Honestly... piss off.
This is completely incorrect. My pseudo-suspicion is based on how you would rather be right than to let someone else make a decision for you. You have strong faith in your own gut, so relying on someone else's is out of hte ordinary for you.
In both Ork and especially in Big Love, no one else had any idea of what was going on. I replaced out of BL because half the people were playing like idiots, and in Ork I led the only lynch of scum until we lynched the last scum because we had a guilty on them/innocent on everyone else.
Does this mean that you feel that we have an idea of what is going on? Because honestly until we lynched eldarad, I had no clue what the scum were, or even if there were any.
not
trying to pull the 'scummy for overdefending' card are you? Because we all know that's a load of whooey. What was I meant to do -- blissfully ignore you?
No, I didn't say you were overdefending. I was suggesting that the way you defended implied that you gave credence to my suspicions. Bascially saying "Well I do that as town too!" (as I interpretted it) is subconciously agreeing that I am right about you doing that as scum.
Also, Skruffs, if you did receive wolfsbane and it was actually useless, how might you possibly come to find that out, short of Ether PM-ing you and telling you it was so?
If a mafia-inventor is lynched, there might be cause to think that some of the items were sent out with the intentions of misleading town. Think abo uit this way; if wolsbane was intentionally given to me by an inventor, the inventor had to know I Would target either Y or Zindaras with it, because I was most at odds with both of them (and mizzy to a smaller extent) through the first three days of the game. I was against Zindaras from his first post, where he did exactly what he did in Dantes In Fresno, start a wagon on e then quasi defend me. So if the inventor who gave it to me was town, they wanted me to potentiallly vig someone, which means that they did not think that Y or Zindaras were scum (the most likely targets to be vigged by giving it to me). (If they were scum and knew the item was false or bad, they would know that me using it would partially 'clear' zindaras/you.
Where's this all coming from Skruffs, and what's the point? It seems like you are pulling it out of thin air... and you yourself cleared me as not scum..
What I Do like is how you are deflecting attention away from Y right now.
Wait...why would Yosarian say anything other than "I got an item" if he was trying to hide being the Inventor? He very well could have made the item himself and kept it, or he could have sent it out and randomly gotten it back. And he ONLY said he "got" one in the Chain Letter which cannot be confirmed as truth one way or another. When he mentioned it in thread he only mentioned having it; not how he got it. So that whole point is null.

Just because I don't think the item existed doesn't mean that I can't find TSPN's reaction to the item/item claim/item claim results after the fact scummy. I feel like TSPN is feeling hesitant about attacking a scumbuddy's potentially-fake item claim.
This is not a very logical assumption. If Yosarian2 was an inventor who could make and use his own items, why would he give them out to other players at all? How would he have 'gotten it back'? Why do you think he would claim to have received an item as a pro-town player? If he was an inventor and was potentially sending information about items he received (Which could make him a threat) why would he draw attention to himself by saying it? Why wouldn't he just say something like "This is the only item I received, it sounds like the items are useless, blahblahblah" to detract attention away from himself?

You can feel TSPN's reactions pro-town or scummy if you want, but if you are basing his reactions on the idea that as his scum partner he 'knew' eldarad received the item and reacted according to that versus he 'knew' eldarad didn't receive the item and was just bussing him, it's completely different reasons to be attacking him. What you are accusing people of and what you are saying you believe are different things altogether, and they are not adding up.

TSPN:

Why Mizzy and/or Y, and not Hasdfgas? Are you basing it on numbers? If so, did you take into account that it takes four to lynch, and not three?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am

My case on Y is based on scumminess, his attitude toward eldarad particularly, and my case on mizzy is based (mostly) on numbers.

That is, Mizzy is almost definitely scum, because if it was Y and hasdfgas, or, I suppose, Y and you, or some other increasingly less likely combination, you could hammer, even with four to lynch. I think Y is more likely scum with mizzy than hasdfgas. . . and now considering that Y also has two votes, that also pretty well knocks out a mizzy-hasdfgas combination.

So I'm down for lynching either of them, but Y seems to be the more lynchable player today.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs wrote:
Guardian wrote:Skruffs, you seem to be basing your pseudo-suspicion of me based on the notion I'd rather brag at the end of the game rather than lynch correctly. Honestly... piss off.
This is completely incorrect. My pseudo-suspicion is based on how you would rather be right than to let someone else make a decision for you. You have strong faith in your own gut, so relying on someone else's is out of hte ordinary for you.
I would rather be right than X, X being anything else. I think Yos2 made a lot of sense, and I think listening to him gives me a great chance at being right. Not to mention my gut is telling me you and Mizzy are town.
Skruffs wrote:
In both Ork and especially in Big Love, no one else had any idea of what was going on. I replaced out of BL because half the people were playing like idiots, and in Ork I led the only lynch of scum until we lynched the last scum because we had a guilty on them/innocent on everyone else.
Does this mean that you feel that we have an idea of what is going on? Because honestly until we lynched eldarad, I had no clue what the scum were, or even if there were any.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves... lol. I thought and still think Yosarian2 had an idea of what was going on. Like I said, him being town and eldarad being scum gives more credence to this.
Skruffs wrote:
not
No, I didn't say you were overdefending. I was suggesting that the way you defended implied that you gave credence to my suspicions. Bascially saying "Well I do that as town too!" (as I interpretted it) is subconciously agreeing that I am right about you doing that as scum.
Well I try and play the same was as town and scum, so maybe your arguments are null tells. In any case, I don't see why you see me saying "as town too" rather than "as town also", other than your desire to see it that way.
Skruffs wrote:
If a mafia-inventor is lynched, there might be cause to think that some of the items were sent out with the intentions of misleading town. Think abo uit this way; if wolsbane was intentionally given to me by an inventor, the inventor had to know I Would target either Y or Zindaras with it, because I was most at odds with both of them (and mizzy to a smaller extent) through the first three days of the game. I was against Zindaras from his first post, where he did exactly what he did in Dantes In Fresno, start a wagon on e then quasi defend me. So if the inventor who gave it to me was town, they wanted me to potentiallly vig someone, which means that they did not think that Y or Zindaras were scum (the most likely targets to be vigged by giving it to me). (If they were scum and knew the item was false or bad, they would know that me using it would partially 'clear' zindaras/you.
How would you ever know that they gave it to you as opposed to Yosarian2?
Skruffs wrote:Where's this all coming from Skruffs, and what's the point? It seems like you are pulling it out of thin air... and you yourself cleared me as not scum..
What I Do like is how you are deflecting attention away from Y right now.
What makes you say that?

I unvoted TSPN to consider voting Y. How is that deflecting attention away from him?
Do not lynch me.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:My case on Y is based on scumminess, his attitude toward eldarad particularly, and my case on mizzy is based (mostly) on numbers.

That is, Mizzy is almost definitely scum, because if it was Y and hasdfgas, or, I suppose, Y and you, or some other increasingly less likely combination, you could hammer, even with four to lynch. I think Y is more likely scum with mizzy than hasdfgas. . . and now considering that Y also has two votes, that also pretty well knocks out a mizzy-hasdfgas combination.

So I'm down for lynching either of them, but Y seems to be the more lynchable player today.
Were you at three votes? I know Mizzy was voting you, which means that two townies would also have to be voting you for a second 'scum' to hammer for the win.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:41 am

Mizzy and guardian were. So if the two scum were not mizzy and guardian, they would be able to hammer.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Mizzy »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Mizzy and guardian were. So if the two scum were not mizzy and guardian, they would be able to hammer.
Don't forget to include yourself, dear. You know your role, but we don't. So there is at least one scum in [Y, TSPN, Guardian, Mizzy] and I feel the scumpair is TSNP and Y. Would still prefer a TSPN lynch first because seriously, two bad hammers? If he survives to win this, he needs a SM badge of honor for being drop dead scummy with no repercussions.

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 pm

mizzy wrote: Don't forget to include yourself, dear. You know your role, but we don't.
Thanks for that. I'll keep playing from my perspective.

Regarding the hammers, even though I didn't make them. . . is it specifically worse to hammer than any other vote on the wagon? If so, why? If not, well, skruffs, yosarian, and Y were on both of those wagons also. So I think "drop dead scummy" is a bit of a stretch.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Mizzy »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Regarding the hammers, even though I didn't make them. . . is it specifically worse to hammer than any other vote on the wagon? If so, why? If not, well, skruffs, yosarian, and Y were on both of those wagons also. So I think "drop dead scummy" is a bit of a stretch.
A hammer is always the most scrutinized vote on a lynch because it is the deciding factor. It wasn't that Andy hammered, it was
how
Andy hammered, and when, that I find scummy. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt the first time, but after that second questionable hammer, I can't really do that again.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by Guardian »

post.

would be great if Skruffs responded to my post since now I'm interested.

I'm in much the same boat as Mizzy; I think Y & TSPN are scum but I prefer lynching TSPN.
Do not lynch me.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:35 am

mizzy wrote: A hammer is always the most scrutinized vote on a lynch because it is the deciding factor.
But should it be the most scrutinized vote? Is it more scummy to lead a bandwagon on a townie or to finish it?

Anyway, guardian, I'm going to make a similar proposal to you that I did to hasdfgas: The consensus seems to be that Y is scum with either me or mizzy. If Y were to come up scum, after I spent all day going after him, while mizzy went after me, after yesterday immediately going after eldarad, while mizzy hemmed and hawed over the hammer, might that change your opinion a little?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Guardian »

TSPN wrote: Anyway, guardian, I'm going to make a similar proposal to you that I did to hasdfgas: The consensus seems to be that Y is scum with either me or mizzy. If Y were to come up scum, after I spent all day going after him, while mizzy went after me, after yesterday immediately going after eldarad, while mizzy hemmed and hawed over the hammer, might that change your opinion a little?
Probably not, but maybe.

vote: Y

The above post makes it such that I don't think TSPN is likely scum unless Y is scum, so... yeah.
Do not lynch me.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Mizzy »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:But should it be the most scrutinized vote? Is it more scummy to lead a bandwagon on a townie or to finish it?
Now is not the time to discuss mafia theory...this doesn't help the game at all right now. It's a commonly held belief; good luck changing that.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Anyway, guardian, I'm going to make a similar proposal to you that I did to hasdfgas: The consensus seems to be that Y is scum with either me or mizzy. If Y were to come up scum, after I spent all day going after him, while mizzy went after me, after yesterday immediately going after eldarad, while mizzy hemmed and hawed over the hammer, might that change your opinion a little?
Whew, WIFOM at its finest. Scum frequently sacrifice one another in the endgame in order to make one of them look townie enough to survive for the win. So one could say that my hesitancy to hammer was because I'm his scumbuddy, but why would I hesitate if it would make me look more townie to
not
hesitate? Wouldn't the easier thing for me to do as scum be to just hammer and not pull any scrutiny onto myself? Or, conversely, perhaps you are a scum power role and would rather Y hang than yourself, again trying the "kill scum so you look like town" ploy?

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Guardian »

Mizzy's lack of instant hammer is encouraging.

Mizzy, whatcha think about hammering Y?
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”