PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mirth wrote:Pokerface, what do you think of Iron Man?
I posted this quote earlier but didn't go deep into it:
PokerFace wrote:Other comments I'll make at this time Ironman should definatly be looked at for obv reasons others have brought up. I don't want him to claim more of his role I want him to read the thread when he votes.
How Ironman hopped on and from luigi's and DBE's wagons are reasons to suspect him in general.
Iron Man wrote:Ok, Luigi was definitly trying to fake a restriction. That calls for a
Unvote, Vote Luigi Gangsta
Iron Man wrote:
Unvote

Ok, I'm way too lazy to do a re-read, but apparently I'm getting the impression that Darla claimed and then got a counter, so I'll go ahead and do a
Vote: DBE
It isn't/wasn't definite that luigi was faking one then. I can see him just acting silly back then. At that time, it being a fake restriction, was only something people speculated on. He needs to read the thread and not just agree or jump to conclusions.

The early discussion that was about guessing ironman's role is bad in hindsight. I wish I hadn't contributed to it since that stuff has clouded up a bit of the thread. I brought up some stuff about my own flavor because i thought it would be useful to me and perhaps others in order to help figure some things out. Ironman brought up this guessing game of his for:
PokerFace wrote:
Iron Man wrote:To tell the truth, I was bored and was looking for some fun.

Since this is Monty Python mafia,
I thought a deviation from the norm was in order
So you claimed because you wanted to do something completely different?
That reason is rather bad since I see no good purpose in it. I am not about to ask him to full claim since it still may be best for him to keep it secret. I can see why you guys would like him to full claim, but I am rather against him telling us all everything at this point since the scum would hear it too.

This is of course assuming he is town. If he is scum, then they would already know what ironman knows. Should we all later come to the agreement that he has a good chance of being scum and needs to be lynched, then we should definatly hear what all he is then. I see reasons to suspect Iron man, but I'm not fully convinced he is scum since I need to see more content input from him. His lurking as of late is bad, but I don't think he is the lynch target for today. So I am rather hesitate to having him claim more and put more info out in the open. I think he should only claim further now if he feels the town would actually benefit from knowing more. If there would be no benefit, then I think he should keep such things quiet.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 am

Post by chenhsi »

Well... I just got prodded...
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Say something already chenhsi. It's tiring having to tell you.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: chenhsi

anti town as in not scum hunting.
Honestly I am (1) waiting for Iron Man to say something and (2) part of me is curious to see what DBE can say that either gives information that helps the town or digs a hole so deep the her lynch makes me feel less concerned.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

ME wrote:
@chenhsi and Killa7,
what do you two guys think of the recent claim vs claim situation that has been going on? Who do you believe is town and/or scum and why? Do you think it is possible both are scum? Do you think its possible both are town?
I don't feel either of them is the lynch today, but they should comment on the current situation. A wagon on one of them would be better saved for tomorrow since it can distract things from what I feel is more important.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:
ME wrote:
@chenhsi and Killa7,
what do you two guys think of the recent claim vs claim situation that has been going on? Who do you believe is town and/or scum and why? Do you think it is possible both are scum? Do you think its possible both are town?
I don't feel either of them is the lynch today, but they should comment on the current situation. A wagon on one of them would be better saved for tomorrow since it can distract things from what I feel is more important.
I'm looking for some answers right now, but I understand what you are getting at.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:56 am

Post by imaginality »

Even with my laidback Aussie philosopher outlook on life, I find myself becoming more and more tempted to take a fish in each hand and slap Bruce in the face with them until he starts contributing
something
to this game. I agree with Bruce that Bruce (and Bruce) aren't the lynch for today, but the longer Bruce's non-participation continues the more anti-town it becomes.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, I am now on record as having a big <3 for PokerFace. If you've got some smokes, give them to this man, lordy be.

(Needless to say I agree with everything you said above).

Now that its obvious that the town is not going to direct my night action, I'll freely admit I suggested it partially to see who would want to direct my actions (because, as is said, that's not the optimal play). I was hoping, on some level, it'd spark some more discussion but no scum bit. :(

Of course, in reading Pokerface's post (and clicking on the links) it led me to ANOTHER course of scummy behavior to REALLY look at.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: Mirth! (Not quoting posts unless necessary, but I'll reference based on HER post numbers).
12. Accuses Imagine of faking a PR (Joking?)
15. Shows, from a different thread, Imagines probable PM (Blah)
19. Asks more about Imagine's flavor.
22. Votes for Iron Man (4th Vote)
26. Votes for Strap because Iron Man didn't react.
34. Tempted to for for Chen for the "I'm confused" card (Understandable, but why not vote?)
36. Says a faked role will not be counterclaimed (this is important).
48. Votes for Chenshi, finally.
57. Doesn't like the speed about on Luigi
60. Says Darla is a French Guard (this is 4 hours BEFORE Darla finally claims)
62. Says she's not going to believe my claim right away.
64. Says almost all her posts have the French AND its too obvious a role to fake (says its too iconic)
65. Entertains the ideas of multiple taunters.
66. Asks what if we're both scum. Makes the statement: One dead as scum confirms the other.
67. Mentions we dont know if the scum have safeclaims (obviously)
75. Mentions wanting Darla to break her restriction.
76. In response to my FoS about her suggesting breaking restriction doubts the mod has different penalties for different players.
86. Suggests its good of Darla modkills herself and the day doesn't end.
87. Says she is willing to vote, but is waiting for the Claim.
89. Says she doubts a jester, but suggests I could be a lyncher.
90. Suggests if its a fakeclaim why not go for one better known.
91. Asks poker what he thinks of Iron Man.
The things that bother me about this whole deal:
1.) Mirth has had a fixation with the PR's in general; moreso than anyone else.
2.) Although I agree, Mirth has pushed and pushed for Ironman's claim. There's been a fixation there.
3.) Has a very high noise-to-signal ratio this game.
4.) Really, hasn't built a case.
5.) The early votejumping also seems odd.

6.) The whole DBE scenario:
a.) Mirth, before DBE claimed, claimed the French Guard for her.
b.) She says that, with all of the roles in MP, a faked role will not be counterclaimed.
c.) 64 and 90 are in direct opposition with each other (Taunter wouldn't be faked because it is too iconic, Taunter wouldn't be faked because it isn't iconic enough)
d.) Pushing for the modkill. I really, in retrospect, do not like this. It's not how mafia should be played AND, of course, in that unlikely scenario I'm wrong and we're both actually Taunters if the day doesn't end that'd probably be two Town power roles gone before night 1. Who does that benefit the most?
e.) Makes the same claim Luigi does earlier: we are both scum in a gambit and if one turns up scum both should be lynched (I've talked about this enough)
f.) Mostly ignores the arguments (mostly by me) showing the myraid of differences in DBE's restrictions and punishments versus the other PR players.
g.) Says she's willing to lynch Darla - however, and with everything else this bothers me, doesn't really give the exact reasons and, ultimately, doesn't say its because she thinks DBE is scum (alluding to the both of us scum strategy).
h.) Suggests I'm lyncher - again, pushing for a lynch on me tomorrow?

Ok, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the fact both LG and Mirth have ignored what, to me, feels like the Razor in this case bothers me. The fact that both have said, outright, if I am right then I am scum and should be lynched,
really
bothers me.

Again, I am not suggesting either Mirth or LG (or Chen) for lynches today. Its got to be DBE. I dont like this plan they have for tomorrow.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

LG means me or Luigi Gangster? Lynch planning is bad.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 am

Post by SpyreX »

Not you little Albatross. :) The Gangsta. I refer to you as Albatross and Imagine as Bruce for the most part. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by strappado »

oh dear, it appears I've been inactive...apologies. I've made some changes to living arrangements and I'm borrowing an uber crappy laptop at the moment. I should be back on my cushy desktop this weekend.
I'll see if I can do some reading and posting on this thing though.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by strappado »

ooohkay, like I said, crappy laptop, so I did my best on a re-read (navigation is tricky) and I'll do my best with this post (really teeny keyboard, ick)

So I did mistakenly (maybe, who knows) think that we were looking for the silliest players, but I realize or atleast think that we are just going for plain old scummy and silly was just flavortext.

I'm not sure about DBE, her posts and explanations seem sincere to me, but the counterclaim is odd and with as much fun as the mod probably had making roles, I just dont see him handing out two of the same character... it's possible though, so I'm holding off on a vote. I'd be comfortable with a counterclaim lynch today though.

I'm not sure about Mirth, I've been suspicous, I still am a little bit, but she's safe from me today 'cuz there's bigger fish out there. Chenhsi has been a lurker, big time. No content, no opinions either way, nothing...and I know he's capable, Ive read his posts in other games.

I'd honestly feel more comfortable with a chenhsi lynch than a DBE lynch. Atleast with DBE, she's given me some points to ponder, she's been active, she's posted different possibilities. I think chenhsi's lack of contri is on the verge of treason towards the town.

Also - while reading Jordan's post, kinda rolled my eyes a bit and skimmed...I get a big scum vibe from him. He came in and quoted some stuff I said early on and agreed with Mirth...but I guess he either didn't read further for my explanations, or he just thought he could ride along on her coattails... I guess I could be biased though cuz I dont think I've been scummy at all. This is my first theme so it's a learning process (thought we were lynching sillies vs. scum) but honest mistakes and learning process...nothing scummy to further a scum cause. If it wouldn't help the scum in anyway, its probably not scummy, so quit latching on to my "bad play" and look for scummy stuff. I may not have the game mechanics down 100%, but I'm learning and I'm trying and, atleast in my humble and obviously unbiased opinion, I'm doing pretty decently.

The End.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Why is a counterclaimed person less lynchable than a lurker?

Albatross!
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by strappado »

well, it's not a cut and dry counterclaim. It's not like a newbie game where you KNOW there's only one doc or one cop and if someone counterclaims than one of them HAS to be scum. We dont know what roles there are, it's possible (although as I stated, not incredibly probable) that there are two french taunters. Add to that DBE's activity and actual contribution..and I although something seems off, some of her posts sound really sincere. I'm just not 100% sure on her.

lurker is much more lynchable to me because he's being obvious and unhelpful. He's posted solid content in other games so I know he's capable, but for some reason this game has been his readheaded stepchild. He's not putting any effort into it, he seems skittish at best...he's not helping us at all and the whole thing reeks of scum.

If he begins posting some content, maybe says who he thinks is scummy or posts an opinion on the DBE Spyrex stuff...or anything, just some sort of content - then he could pretty quickly drop off my list.

But as it is, I'd feel more comfortable with him because nothing makes me waiver or tell myself "Hey, self, am I being to rash here?" Whereas with DBE, there is doubt.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

DBE doesn't help under the protection of her PR. Comments?

Albatross!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So, you're proposing a lurker versus someone with an actual case?

Yes, I agree that lurkers will have to be dealt with but I DO NOT think they are a valid day 1 lynch - for a myriad of reasons.

As we move forward, yes, chen will either have to contribute, get replaced or get lynched. Today is not the day to do that.
Show

Proud member of BaM
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by strappado »

Hey, I'm just saying what I feel more comfortable with. It's how I feel and what I think. You can think whatever you want is valid or invalid, doesn't matter much to me. I'm just saying it as I see it.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

PokerFace wrote:

@Darla,

How many warnings have you recieved so far?
Also please do tell me if you have gotten anything besides warnings as of late?
I'm at work and unable to find exact post on this part. I want only Darla to answer both of these for me.

I recieved only the one warning, as i stated before as long as there is a vote on me, I don't have to be deliberately detourent from questions.

I PM'd the mod about my punishment, and I at least got that my next offense wouldn't be a mod-Kill so thats good to know.

If I somehow manage to survive this day (doubting it) as long as one person keeps a vote on me I will be able to contribute sans PR.

@ the person who asked why i claimed at all:

MY PR was finally halted due to a vote on me, and I wanted to get as much out as I could in that post on the chance they unvoted me, so that people would know why I was acting the way I was.

Is there anything else?

also about the content; when your PR requires you to insult, dodge questions, and be annoying in general its not exactly easy to add content and do all those things without breaking the PR.

I suppose people could refrain from asking me questions directly when there are no votes on me, then I would be able to add my thoughts whilst insulting and being annoying.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Mirth »

Thank you Spyrex for taking me *completely out of context.* My comments in bold.
SpyreX wrote: 12. Accuses Imagine of faking a PR (Joking?)
Not joking. I remembered seeing the Bruce PM in the Worst Roles thread. Couldn't remember who posted it. Also remembered seeing Imaginality in said thread.

15. Shows, from a different thread, Imagines probable PM (Blah)
19. Asks more about Imagine's flavor.
22. Votes for Iron Man (4th Vote)
26. Votes for Strap because Iron Man didn't react.
34. Tempted to for for Chen for the "I'm confused" card (Understandable, but why not vote?)
Because I wanted to hear from Strapp who was bloody ignoring me

36. Says a faked role will not be counterclaimed (this is important).
No, I said "I highly doubt even a faked role would be counterclaimed" How is this important exactly? One would assume that were scum going to fake claim theyd claim something obscure.

48. Votes for Chenshi, finally.
57. Doesn't like the speed about on Luigi
Especially I brought up the possible faked PR issue and wanted him to answer if it was. The rest of y'all jumped on it.

60. Says Darla is a French Guard (this is 4 hours BEFORE Darla finally claims)
Actually if you were paying attention, in post 58 I said that if her post restriction was what I thought it was, I demand to see the lord of the castle and the grail since Darla's breadcrumbs were glow in the dark. Her response confirmed that she was in fact claiming French Taunter even before she officially claimed

Sooooo I'm suspicious for not believing you right away? how is this a good reason?

64. Says almost all her posts have the French AND its too obvious a role to fake (says its too iconic)
It is. If scum is going to fake claim, theyre going to claim something not immediately recognizable by everyone.

65. Entertains the ideas of multiple taunters.
66. Asks what if we're both scum. Makes the statement: One dead as scum confirms the other.
This is conjecture. Why do you find this suspicious?

Not obviously since you kept saying you know cum don't have fake claims

75. Mentions wanting Darla to break her restriction.
76. In response to my FoS about her suggesting breaking restriction doubts the mod has different penalties for different players.
Reasonable doubt

It is. Darla dies, we save a lynch, and can use that lynch on someone else. Like Iron Man.

87. Says she is willing to vote, but is waiting for the Claim.
89. Says she doubts a jester, but suggests I could be a lyncher.
90. Suggests if its a fakeclaim why not go for one better known.
Again, out of context. If Darla is a Jester trying to get herself killed and not scum trying to survive, she'd need to go for something that is really really really obvious. While French Taunter is far more iconic than something like Mr. Hilter, he's no where near as iconic as Dead Parrot Guy.

91. Asks poker what he thinks of Iron Man.
The things that bother me about this whole deal:
1.) Mirth has had a fixation with the PR's in general; moreso than anyone else.
2.) Although I agree, Mirth has pushed and pushed for Ironman's claim. There's been a fixation there.
I think he's the single scummiest person here. Darla is primarily scummy because you counterclaimed her, he is scummy of his own accord.

3.) Has a very high noise-to-signal ratio this game.
On whom do you wish me to build a case? I think I've been pretty clear in my Iron Man hate. I do not see lynching him as smarter than lynching Darla.

5.) The early votejumping also seems odd.
I always vote jump day 1. It is what day 1 is for. Why are you attempting to make an issue out of this

6.) The whole DBE scenario:
a.) Mirth, before DBE claimed, claimed the French Guard for her.
See Above

b.) She says that, with all of the roles in MP, a faked role will not be counterclaimed.
I did not say that. Again, see above

c.) 64 and 90 are in direct opposition with each other (Taunter wouldn't be faked because it is too iconic, Taunter wouldn't be faked because it isn't iconic enough)
Again, you are twisting my words around, see above

d.) Pushing for the modkill. I really, in retrospect, do not like this. It's not how mafia should be played AND, of course, in that unlikely scenario I'm

wrong and we're both actually Taunters if the day doesn't end that'd probably be two Town power roles gone before night 1. Who does that benefit the most?
Except I'm not pushing for a modkill. I'm weighing whether a modkill would be a good play. You yourself don't believe there are two taunters, this argument rings hollow

e.) Makes the same claim Luigi does earlier: we are both scum in a gambit and if one turns up scum both should be lynched (I've talked about this enough)
I have not made this claim. Please show me where I made it. I suggested that one dead scum confirms the other as town, but I did not say anywhere you both should be lynched

f.) Mostly ignores the arguments (mostly by me) showing the myraid of differences in DBE's restrictions and punishments versus the other PR players.
What is there to comment on? Darla has been counterclaimed. Two Taunters are not likely. I'm not going to beat the dead horse anymore. I don't like how Darla centric this game is with plenty of other people acting scummy.

g.) Says she's willing to lynch Darla - however, and with everything else this bothers me, doesn't really give the exact reasons and, ultimately, doesn't say its because she thinks DBE is scum (alluding to the both of us scum strategy).
I never said this. You are putting words in my mouth. I am willing to lynch Darla because I do think one of you is scum.

Yes, I suggested this. Just like you suggested Darla is a Jester. Both of these are far fetched and ridiculous. Even though you are clearly twisting my words around, I don't actually want you lynched tomorrow unless Darla comes up town.

Ok, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the fact both LG and Mirth have ignored what, to me, feels like the Razor in this case bothers me. The fact that both have said, outright, if I am right then I am scum and should be lynched,
really
bothers me.
Again, I DID NOT SAY THIS. I said one dead scum confirms the other. As town. Learn to read.

Again, I am not suggesting either Mirth or LG (or Chen) for lynches today. Its got to be DBE. I dont like this plan they have for tomorrow.
What plan? Where did I ever suggest lynching you if Darla came up scum? No where.
[/quote]

Strap: I agree Chenhsi is being useless. I don't think he's a good day 1 lynch though. He ranks around a number 3 on my scum list.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Mirth »

Bah. messed up quote tags. Whater. I think y'all can get that everything except the last sentence and the stuff in bold is Spyrex.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:Also I agree with practically everything SpyreX said in posts 506 and 514...
No longer at work so i think I shall clarify this better then just using the word "Practically".
SpyreX wrote:Ok, my case on DBE:

1.) You didn't ever address my question about providing content.
2.) You claimed the exact same role as me, but with a different function.
3.) You somehow have a PR when I do not.
4.) You make suggestions that there are two of the exact same role, yet you ask me questions implying that there isn't (why didn't I say something sooner)
5.) Your flavor regarding breaking your PR is not the same as everyone else.

Why these bother me:
1.) A PR is no excuse to not provide content.
2.) I'm still new, but the only time I've seen the same role is when it is the EXACT same (I've read a lot of games not on here too).
3.) Why would you have a PR and I not if we are the same role?
4.) You play both sides of the fence on this issue: I do not think there are two French Taunters, period.
5.) Why is this different from the other townsfolk that have PR's? In fact, why is most things about your claim different from the other people? I don't think the mod would actively be screwing with us, so.
SpyreX wrote:
I have said clearly that i don't believe it would make any sense for Darla to fake a PR right from her first post if she was scum by herself, it could possibly help her lynch the true french taunter but more than likely get her lynched so she would have no reason to do it. And how would she even think that up from the start of the game along with the PR?.
I've got the main assumption for my arguments: The scum were not given claims.

So, with that in mind, lets look at the game. Before DBE posts AT ALL Albatross and Bruce come into it with their post restrictions. Hell, at that point even I could be said to have a PR (I was joking with the something completely different).
Lets look at her first two posts, as well:
ahh, we have begun!!!
Voteth:Iron Man
what be this man made of Iron? Surely it is the work of evil.
How darest thou correct a lady!!
vote: mirth for disrespect!
SHAME!!
Neither of those really show the PR. Hell, her 2 and 3 posts ALSO dont. So, lets not say from post 1.

Now, as scum, why fake a PR?
Its a shield. Especially one like the one she's claiming (a method to avoid delivering content).

Also, with multiple PR's it would make sense to do one...

Another interesting point, what are the chances that of all the Monty Python characters, she fakes your one, and upon seeing the character in the Holy Grail sketch give it the same name the mod gave it? The chances are that if she was on her own and faking a Monty Python character that from all the characters in all the Monty Python movies and TV shows, she would pick one that was not given to one of us.
Assuming a passing knowledge of Monty Python, pretty high, actually. The taunter is one of the most remembered roles of Holy Grail which is, of course, the most well known Python movie.
The flipside to this, and what I've been saying: Given all the characters and roles and everything else, why would we have TWO french taunters? Why?
I believe that if she is faking the French Taunter, you guys would be in it together, a clever strat that would require planning from before the game started. This would benefit the scum of this game because you would be cleared of suspicion for the rest of the game, if Darla was scum by herself she would have nothing to gain from faking French Taunter, the risks would outweigh the benefits.
I believe she's a roleblocker faking the taunter because she had no real role to give in a flavorful situation. Again, I should not and will not be freed of suspicion by a good town by this.
How am I next if Darla is found to be scum? It would make far more sense that you are in it with Darla than me.
The fact you've been scummy this game independently of this issue and the fact you said to hang me if I'm scum? Yea, thats pretty good day 1 if I'd say so myself...

If neither of you are scum, which i believe is the most likely option:
These previous arguments are irrelevant, Darla will be proved innocent.
The mod will be having a laugh, he will have made both the French Taunters have different abilities to create suspicion and get them both lynched. This would have been easy for the mod to do, would require far less planning than you two faking it together and make far more sense than Darla faking it herself.
Why would the mod give two power roles that are, of course, going to get each other hung if the alignment is the same? I haven't played in games with shaft.ed but that seems like a very bizarre play to me.
I dont know why "the mod fucking with us" is your most likely case.
I never said that, and never will. That would be an easy case to make considering how quickly everyone hopped on the Darla wagon, and how everyone believes that one of you is scum, so that if she is innocent they will immediately suspect you. However, if Darla is proven innocent, I will defend you and follow other leads, and if i don't you can make a case against me for lying. If Darla is innocent, which i believe will happen, us 2 will stop accusing each other and both have to fend off the massive band wagon that will probably start against you.
But let's save most of the 'if Darla is scum then you are in it with her' arguments for when Darla gets lynched, because if she gets proven innocent all those arguments will be irrelevant and we will have wasted a whole lot of time arguing a moot point.
I'm not saving it. I'm making it clear right now based on your play. Yes, it is going to be an easy push to get me lynched if Darla is innocent AND yes, I expect it to happen if she is. However, the way it goes will give some definite benefit to the town AND, of course, I'm not going to buddy up to you because you're defending me. You've been behaving scummy and this doesn't change that to me.
Another thing about this post, you seem overly confident that she will be proven guilty, i.e you are telling us to kill you if she doesn't. This futhers my belief that you are both in the same boat, i.e you are either both scum so you know she will be found guilty and can safely make point number 2 without being lynched the next day. Or you are both innocent and neither of you can believe that the mod would have given you the same role with a different ability so you both genuinely believe that the other is scum so you are throwing it all on the line to get her lynched.
I'm not telling the town to kill me - it is a logical conclusion. In a game with this many roles assuming two power roles with the same name exist and are the same alignment (P.S. this is what you've said) is nowhere near Occam's Razor. I dont think the mod is screwing with us, I think we've hit a definite lynch-worthy issue day 1 and if I am wrong (the mod is screwing with us) I honestly dont expect the town to believe me - part of why I'm being this direct now is because on that offchance I am wrong I want the town to read this after I am lynched; namely, hanging you.

Why you said what you said isn't the crux. It's the end results of it.
If I am right, I'm killing a scum and your response is to kill a claimed power role.
If I am wrong, I've killed a power role and your response is to let me (who would be very suspicious at that point) live.

That plan makes a lot of sense as scum. Not so much as town.

(Yes I am irritated because I was floored by your statements - if, between the two of you, there isn't scum I am going to get a shafted voodoo doll AND cry myself to sleep)
The parts I've quoted here on Darla and luigi are good and I did say some of these points earlier. These are what I am mainly agreeing with.

Also
SpyreX wrote:Now: Luigi Gangster - When DBE does flip scum, you're next.
1.) You setup a case where if I am right, you want me hung.
2.) Your other alternative is easy enough to say - if I'm wrong, the town WILL and SHOULD probably hang me because, yes, the chances of two of the same role are low and you could distance yourself from it.
3.) You, too, haven't provided much content (and most of your content has revolved around faking a PR).

4.) The majority of your other posts are noise with no signal.
I don't agree with point 3. I can see how that might have all been "Let's be silly". I don't see point 4 as a great bit of evidence, because I'm not certain how he is applying it to Luigi. Luigi's post #512 has relevant content despite me not agreeing with it.

I think the weak possibility of them both being scum is merely just an idea to keep in the back of your mind. It is possible, but i find it highly unlikly. IMO should this claim war end with the result Darla = scum, I will simply be going after someone else I find scummy. Since I see no greatly individually scummy behavior coming yet from spyreX, i won't be going after him then. With that in mind I see the possibility of them both being scum just as a conspiracy theory. Unless I later find a reason to see him as scum, i won't be looking into that theory. So I see no point in a player greatly stressing that theory as Luigi has done. He is stressing it so much I am starting to wonder if he already knows Darla is scum, and he wants to setup a case for tomorrow on SpyreX in advance.

Also there is one problem I do see with post 506.
SpyreX wrote:If DBE is scum, I'd request a doc tonight. ;)
Never ask for this. No matter what your role is, no matter what it is you do, never ever direct the doc in any setup. Let any possible doc(s?) choose who they want to protect by themselves.

As it stands, i have not read deeply into this recent case on mirth, I don't recall finding her all that scummy earlier. I'll read the recent postings, and if there is something I feel like commenting on I'll bring it up.

It would be nice if shaft.ed fixed some of the tags in posts #543

(maybe also even the tags in #480 asuming that is remotly savable and not all contained in spyreX's later posting)

<<Still needs cigs and thinks mirth's alergies to smoke must suck. I like fish and I laughed very hard at imaginality's recent "bruce" post.
imaginality wrote:Even with my laidback Aussie philosopher outlook on life, I find myself becoming more and more tempted to take a fish in each hand and slap Bruce in the face with them until he starts contributing
something
to this game. I agree with Bruce that Bruce (and Bruce) aren't the lynch for today, but the longer Bruce's non-participation continues the more anti-town it becomes.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Forgot to re-mention this in respect to luigi
PokerFace wrote:There is also something I want to note. I mentioned the possibility of Darla setting up a scapegoat for herself. I saw this post a little while ago and I wonder if this is her setting up a scapegoat for a cronny.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Luigi, I am assuming you MUST post a link every post?

and hat do you mean by 'Must be Fake?'
Its a general thought I have. I also would like some time to get a look at what strapado has been saying since her early let's lynch the silly thing makes me wonder about her and her recent comments. I am at work right now so doing deep analysis on a player is not easy, but I'd like to check a couple of theorys I have in my head out if you guys would be willing to give me the time.
Considering all that I've said and the recent exchange between Gurgi and Strappado I really like the idea of a Darla, luigi, strappado, ?others? scumgroup. I am fairly ready to end the day at this point as long as we give people one last chance to check in and say anything pretaining to wagons and cigs. Going to read all that stuff on mirth now and will comment on that should I feel its necessary.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Mirth »

There is no recent case on me. It's Spyrex taking a bunch of what I said completely out of context and trying to pair me as scum with Luigi. Doesn't really matter if the quote tags are fixed, since everything but the last comment to Strap that isn't in bold is Spyrex, the bold is me.

And yes, being allergic to cigarettes sucks. Not as much as being allergic to perfume/cologne though since that's even harder to get away from when people are wearing it.

And I'm getting really really sick of Iron Man's lurking.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Patience Mirth, not long to replacement. DBE, still not contributing.

Albatross!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

God, I thought walls of text were hard to read. The bold makes my eyes shift all over.

I'm gonna bounce around, but:
He is stressing it so much I am starting to wonder if he already knows Darla is scum, and he wants to setup a case for tomorrow on SpyreX in advance.
This is what I expect. That is why, ultimately, I said if DBE is scum (like she will be) he's next.
Never ask for this. No matter what your role is, no matter what it is you do, never ever direct the doc in any setup. Let any possible doc(s?) choose who they want to protect by themselves.
Fair enough. ;)

Also, Poker, are you thinking what I am in response to DBE's warnings about her post restriction versus the number of posts she has without the PR? I have to assume thats why you asked and, of course, they dont add up.

Mirth,

First off, I'm not sold on you being scum (like I am DBE and Luigi if DBE is). I posted WHY I feel like you're being scummy.

But, since you took the time to respond point by point, I will gladly respond (believe it or not I'll give you the point on most of the things I said).
Sooooo I'm suspicious for not believing you right away? how is this a good reason?
Of course its not because you didn't believe ME. That, implicitly, means that you DO believe DBE's claim (else it would be I dont know who to believe, or I don't believe either of them, etc).
64. Says almost all her posts have the French AND its too obvious a role to fake (says its too iconic) It is.
If scum is going to fake claim, theyre going to claim something not immediately recognizable by everyone.
Possibly. However, part of this isn't the issue of the fake claim - it is you're giving credence again to DBE telling the truth and me being the liar or there being 2 taunters. Considering how this is going, it bothers me.
This is conjecture. Why do you find this suspicious?
I misread this (I blame Luigi). I read it as one dead as scum confirms the other (as scum)
I think he's the single scummiest person here. Darla is primarily scummy because you counterclaimed her, he is scummy of his own accord.
You see nothing scummy in DBE's play aside from me counterclaiming her? I'm not arguing the IM point (his play has been atrocious) but I've said that DBE has had some scummy behavior most of this game.
Not obviously since you kept saying you know cum don't have fake claims
My obviously was supposed to be on the fact we dont know. :) Obviously we dont, only they would. :P
It is. Darla dies, we save a lynch, and can use that lynch on someone else. Like Iron Man.
This one I'm not going to budge on. Asking to have someone modkill themselves is never a good idea. On top of it, I honestly feel it is very scummy behavior:

I feel the following statements are very true:
1.) Scum are, individually, more important for the scum's success than townies are because there are fewer of them.
2.) Scum are, definitely, going to want to obfuscate and keep information hidden from the town.
3.) Scum are not going to help the town.

Therefore, in requesting for a player to modkill themselves:
1.) They have to be willing to sacrifice themselves to help the town.

Thus, ultimately, only a townie will actively modkill themselves. Scum have no reason to give the town an extra lynch between cycles.

So, in asking for a modkill, you are presenting a situation where only a townie will do it. Also, it doesn't serve as a decent gambit because there are many reasons why a townie wouldn't do it as well. Modkills, ultimately, benefit the scum.
90. Suggests if its a fakeclaim why not go for one better known. Again, out of context.
If Darla is a Jester trying to get herself killed and not scum trying to survive, she'd need to go for something that is really really really obvious. While French Taunter is far more iconic than something like Mr. Hilter, he's no where near as iconic as Dead Parrot Guy.
On a fundamental level, you've said both sides of the same coin. If a role is to iconic for scum to claim, it is iconic enough for a jester to claim. I dont see a difference here.
On whom do you wish me to build a case? I think I've been pretty clear in my Iron Man hate. I do not see lynching him as smarter than lynching Darla.
I dont CARE who you build a case on. I just like having the cases. Hell, it could be on me, but the points and logical conclusions that lead you to it is very important to have. I know your stance on Ironman and you've said it in some places, but a point by point never hurts. (because maybe we see different things, or different takes, etc).
Yes, I suggested this. Just like you suggested Darla is a Jester. Both of these are far fetched and ridiculous. Even though you are clearly twisting my words around, I don't actually want you lynched tomorrow unless Darla comes up town.
Honestly, I dont think Lyncher OR Jester are as rediculous flavorwise in MP as other things and, to me, DBE's play considering I do not believe there to be two taunters it would make sense. But, this latter part clears up some confusion (as I've said before).
Ok, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the fact both LG and Mirth have ignored what, to me, feels like the Razor in this case bothers me. The fact that both have said, outright, if I am right then I am scum and should be lynched, really bothers me.
Again, I DID NOT SAY THIS. I said one dead scum confirms the other. As town. Learn to read.
The AS TOWN was not there. I accept I made a mistake but "learn to read" sure doesn't do anything at all. Your original statement, obviously, could be construed both ways.

However, that was a big part of my WTF, so with that cleared up I am much less suspicious. You are saying what the obvious Razor is and I am fine with that.

So, with that misconception out of the way not everything was building a OMG scum case, most were just key points in your posting either way. I posted it partially to get some clarifications and I got it.

So, yep, I can read. Nope, I sure wasn't trying to pull you out of context. Notice I didn't even vote for you - but those things struck me as odd so I addressed them. Thank you for clearing a lot of them up.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”