[Standard]Survivor: TRTWIUAA {Final Tribal Council}

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by entreri »

To all of you:
What single play are you most proud of this game?
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Jamelia »

Ok hi! Zoraster I feel like you promised me a lot of things and said a lot of things to a lot of people in order to push your agenda further. Do you at any point believe you went too far? If so, when?

Bella - I want you to write a 500 word minimum essay about me. No loopholes, no work-around. I just want you to show me that you learned something about me during this game. How specific and accurate your essay is will determine if you can get my vote.

Scoots - Youre a great guy, and I wish you well in every aspect of life. But I can’t help but wonder if you’re asking us to give you extra points on your gameplay because you’re new. If we looked at everyone’s games on paper, and put yours next to Bella/Zoraster, do you believe you played better than them? If so, please specifically state why that is.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Jamelia »

I’ll also say that Bella/Scoots please be a lot more specific about what you did throughout the game because Zoraster just shat on y’all in his opening speech.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 623, PrivateI wrote:In fact, I spent so long getting the Kanye Zone immunity because I was worried that if you had immunity you’d use your idol on someone to idol me out. I was probably being paranoid, but you with an idol wigged me out.
he would have lol

anyway ill have some questions later
mafiascum is on life support
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 626, Jamelia wrote:Ok hi! Zoraster I feel like you promised me a lot of things and said a lot of things to a lot of people in order to push your agenda further. Do you at any point believe you went too far? If so, when?
I made a lot of promises to a lot of people. Many of which I broke. For the most part I felt that was necessary for me to go further and get here.

With you, I laid it on
really
thick at one point -- after the vote but before the challenge results were announced -- in large part because I knew you had an idol and might be inclined to use it to idol me out. At some point you were going to realize that people knew you had the idol, and you might want to get rid of it going into the merge so as not to be a target. Plus, I don't have you pegged as someone who is
shy
to use his advantages. I also knew that you were pretty dedicated to these types of immunities (i.e. do something a ton of times) because you had the idol and that wasn't easy to get (indeed, you were the second highest result in the end for the immunity). I also was not getting results that looked to put me in a place that I'd get immunity at that point (I think at that point I had like... 1.8m high score). So in my head I had to make sure you didn't want to idol me out if you got immunity. If I had known I was going to get as high a score as I did on the Kanye challenge I would have been more reserved in how I talked to you. But yeah, I laid it on
thick

Do I regret that? I wish I had dodged you for a little bit! But no, not really. I was playing what I thought might be a survival game on that vote, and you were naturally very suspicious of me.

But other times, when we talked together about your fears for getting to the merge, I told you I had every intention of us getting there. And I did. Rather than blindside you with the panth vote, which would have made the next round a lot less stressful, I didn't go for you. Part of that is that I thought panth was the better target for my game anyway, but I also intended to try to get back into your good graces and work with you. But no, I didn't intend to go to the end with you. For one thing, your style of play is amazing -- hot and bright -- and I suspect if you got to the end you would likely deserve to win unless you played markedly differently in the merge. For another, I believed you were going to cut me if I became a threat, and you would have been hypervigilant to sniff out when I was sneakily becoming one.

Additionally, and for what it's worth, I asked you pretty much point blank if you had an idol. You told me no. To me, that was the time that if our relationship was reciprocal you'd have come clean since I was pretty heavily implying I knew you had it. I don't blame you for not telling me at all! But I didn't think we had a huge amount of trust between us at that point, understandably.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 628, McMenno wrote:
In post 623, PrivateI wrote:In fact, I spent so long getting the Kanye Zone immunity because I was worried that if you had immunity you’d use your idol on someone to idol me out. I was probably being paranoid, but you with an idol wigged me out.
he would have lol

anyway ill have some questions later
oh yeah, I have a video confessional talking about how I wanted to idol you out that round specifically. !!!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by zoraster »

oh fuck
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by zoraster »

i thought i had convinced you to wait on that! ahh well, glad kanye was kind.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 629, zoraster wrote:Do I regret that? I wish I had dodged you for a little bit! But no, not really. I was playing what I thought might be a survival game on that vote, and you were naturally very suspicious of me
I think for me and some people, a lot of that was pretty unnecessary. You didn't really have to lay it on that thick especially with the firm control you had of the game (as you claim). You did me wrong, that was sorta the end of our relationship at that point.

I struggle to see where how you were able to just completely shut out your personal feelings to your gameplay feelings. It's impressive, but I think it makes your game look robotic and without a heart.

What is the drive to win? What is the point? Why did you do the things you do?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

aaaaa my browser has just eaten my questions three times.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 633, Jamelia wrote:
In post 629, zoraster wrote:Do I regret that? I wish I had dodged you for a little bit! But no, not really. I was playing what I thought might be a survival game on that vote, and you were naturally very suspicious of me
I think for me and some people, a lot of that was pretty unnecessary. You didn't really have to lay it on that thick especially with the firm control you had of the game (as you claim). You did me wrong, that was sorta the end of our relationship at that point.

I struggle to see where how you were able to just completely shut out your personal feelings to your gameplay feelings. It's impressive, but I think it makes your game look robotic and without a heart.

What is the drive to win? What is the point? Why did you do the things you do?
I'm sorry then. I don't think I played this game without a heart at all. Certainly some of the votes I made were gut-wrenching as I legitimately cared about the people in this game. I really loved playing with you and I'd love to see you in future games. So it does make me very sad to hear that I affected you that way. I did what I thought was necessary for my game at the time, and it resulted in me being able to have a game I am proud of. Yours in particular seems senseless because I won immunity later. But if you had won immunity and I had been idoled out, I would have kicked myself for not trying everything I could to prevent it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:06 pm

Okay let's see if the fourth time is a charm. Congrats to all of you, this is an accomplishment, etc, I don't feel like typing that whole paragraph up again. I have a ton of questions!

However, I'm not gonna ask most of them because I assume the other jurors will hammer those avenues of inquiry. Before we get to the meat of what I want to hear about, let's start with the obligatory selfish talk-about-me phase.

Bella - We worked well together on the second tribe, and when we reconnected we were both centered in rumors of us having an unbreakable F2 and leading a cabal. What were you plans on navigating those rumors when you heard about them, how did that compare to what you actually did, and did I leave the game before, after, or exactly when you wanted me out?

Scoots - I enjoyed (finally) meeting you and we had some good conversations! However, when I sent you a promposal, you threw the corsage I bought in the garbage. Was there ever a chance of us at least riding in the limo together? If yes, why didn't we? If no, when did you make that decision?

Zor - I concur 100% with your jury message to me. I loved getting to build a real friendship with you. The votes on Utah/Bro/Kilby were the most fun by far. And yes, I was indeed trying to force you closer to me by taking out your non-me allies. Good read and reaction there. I am a little confused by when I went out, though. I was trying to blindside Vash that round and had promised het that Entreri would be next. I got blindsided myself and then... you voted out Vash and then Entreri next. Why did I need to go right then, when the path I was trying to lead you down was the one you ended up walking anyway?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 625, entreri wrote:To all of you:
Sorry Ent, just saw this at the page top!

The panth vote, hands down. It required a lot of knowledge of the conditions, and predict that DK was going to tip you off beforehand (I would have tried to tell you to vote DV anyway, but this made it so that I wasn't the one who had to put you on the wrong vote). It required VERY quickly convincing Scoots and Brom to make a move. The clock pressure was immense.

And it was pivotal to my game because I viewed panth as really dangerous to me because of his relationship with DV, Ent, and DK. I'm unclear on this front, but it also seemed that Brom and maybe Bella were allied with him too.

It also and (and perhaps MOST importantly) saved DV's life, which was amazing. I thought I was going to have to let him go.

It also required set up! I was the one who tipped off Brom and Scoots that DK/Panth were targeted him. Except because I wanted to work with DK and protect him, I told them panth had brought it up first and DK confirmed (it was the opposite). That naturally made them want to go after Panth, but when they switched their votes to Panth, it made DV back out and target Brom, which led to the chain of events that occurred. But if I hadn't done that setup, I couldn't have gotten in to do it.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 636, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Zor - I concur 100% with your jury message to me. I loved getting to build a real friendship with you. The votes on Utah/Bro/Kilby were the most fun by far. And yes, I was indeed trying to force you closer to me by taking out your non-me allies. Good read and reaction there. I am a little confused by when I went out, though. I was trying to blindside Vash that round and had promised het that Entreri would be next. I got blindsided myself and then... you voted out Vash and then Entreri next. Why did I need to go right then, when the path I was trying to lead you down was the one you ended up walking anyway?
The simple answer is I wouldn't have voted Vash when he went and wanted to work with Vash. But then the twist hit and I had to be adaptable. I think it's not immediately obvious just HOW game-changing the twist was.

The fundamental problem was that it put the SAME TWO people with immunity for TWO rounds. So at F8 it meant that 6 people didn't have immunity. One of those people has to be the person going home. So if the two people with immunity decide to vote one person, it takes EVERYONE to vote someone different. And they do so with the knowledge that the following round, ONE of them is going home. So it was going to be extremely hard at f8 to do anything other than what the people with immunity wanted.

That changed everything. Radja was GUNNING for Vash. He had been telling me about how dangerous Vash was since we were in that tribe together with kilby. Scoots was easy to please on that front, and that was history.

For what it's worth, it's very possible you could have won that twist challenge as it seems in your wheelhouse and would you have really gotten rid of Ent at f8 with two days of immunity?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by McMenno »

for me... for these three finalists, i said this in the jury but: it seemed like a race to the bottom for my vote. now that's fine but it leaves me with a bit of a dilemma.

i want to preface this that my vote is between bella and zor and im not really interested in voting ampaul - initially i was going to straight up vote bella but i see a possibility for a zor vote.

I am well... im a pretty selfish voter i would like to ask some maybe weird questions about... me.

this one's to bella, we were on several tribes together but we never really "clicked", we barely talked in fact I felt. why do you think this was? was it my alliance with panzer and me working with BRO/kilby? do you think at some point we didn't bother because we both had other allies already? do you think
you
could have done anything to fix our relationship?

here's for zor: im sure you didn't really expect to get my vote getting into this ftc, but I'm gonna ask you some q's anyway. okay so: what was up with that goodbye message literally three minutes before deadline? that really didn't sit well with me after you not talking to me for like the entire vote beforehand. yes I know you were working on getting me out, but still, could have not sent a message at all. did you do the same with other people?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by McMenno »

oh here's another question to bella: why did you choose to STEAL that CRUCIAL immunity from my hard-working hands?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:43 pm

In post 638, zoraster wrote:For what it's worth, it's very possible you could have won that twist challenge as it seems in your wheelhouse and would you have really gotten rid of Ent at f8 with two days of immunity?
I believe I actually would have because I was acutely aware that my public tunneling on het was making him waver on seeing me as a stable ally and I needed to mollify him.

At any rate, though, that's a completely fair answer. And it also serves as a nice segue to what I really want to know from people!

Bella joked about the Structural element in her speech, and explained it's a meme. I don't consider it a joke or a meme at all. All of you have been making great cases for why you deserve to win Survivor. What I want to know is why you deserve to specifically win Survivor: The Real Theme Was Inside This All Along.

Scoots, you focused on challenges in your speech. Zor, you talked about adapting to a game-changing twist. Bella, you talked about the non-anon nature of the game allowing you to focus your social game. Theses are all exactly the sort of things I want to hear about; I want to hear about how you used the structure of this game to your advantage. How did you handle swaps / the rate of swaps? Did you use group chats? Were you the one making the group chats? How did you handle being in multiple groupchats that overlapped members? Did you have plans in case it was an F2?

Those are just examples; you don't have to answer each of those questions if they don't apply to you. You're also not limited to those. Basically, if there is an aspect of your game that came from the way the mods set things up, I want to hear about it.
ScootsBaboo
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by ScootsBaboo »

Hi all! Just got out of the gym, going to make some dinner then get to typin.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 639, McMenno wrote:here's for zor: im sure you didn't really expect to get my vote getting into this ftc, but I'm gonna ask you some q's anyway. okay so: what was up with that goodbye message literally three minutes before deadline? that really didn't sit well with me after you not talking to me for like the entire vote beforehand. yes I know you were working on getting me out, but still, could have not sent a message at all. did you do the same with other people?
I didn't send them to everyone, but mostly I wanted to own my vote. I did it with a number of votes per-jury. I stopped doing it after Haschel I think. Vash and Ent got tipped off beforehand and I heard their pitches out, Radja I didn't, het I didn't. I told DV well in advance that I was voting him off at f4.

Yours in particular was probably inartful as we didn't have much of a relationship otherwise. I started doing it pre-jury because in the only other game I've been active in (Ned's in 2016) I was voted out and basically heard nothing or anything, and it was very isolating, and I would have appreciated someone owning their vote. But I definitely see how it could be seen as dunking on someone or something. That definitely wasn't my purpose.
ScootsBaboo
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by ScootsBaboo »

In post 626, Jamelia wrote: Scoots - Youre a great guy, and I wish you well in every aspect of life. But I can’t help but wonder if you’re asking us to give you extra points on your gameplay because you’re new. If we looked at everyone’s games on paper, and put yours next to Bella/Zoraster, do you believe you played better than them? If so, please specifically state why that is.

Thank you, you as well.
I didn't mean for it to come off that way. It's not "I played a great game
for a new player
. I played a great game period. I'm just saying I'm proud of myself.

Though I definitely played it up throughout the game to cozy up to people and gain information, I'm not trying to go for pity points now.
ScootsBaboo
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by ScootsBaboo »

In post 639, McMenno wrote:i want to preface this that my vote is between bella and zor and im not really interested in voting ampaul - initially i was going to straight up vote bella but i see a possibility for a zor vote.
Is it because of my broken Dutch?!?!?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Radja »

I'm old school.

1 question, 1 chance to win or lose my vote. Make sure you get everything you want to say to me in there because this is all I'm going to ask.

Bella:
You said in your speech that I made waves that made you look at other people. To me, after we got separated on one of the first tribes we were on, you never seemed interested in working with me. As someone who relies on her Social game, please explain what I did to deserve that.

Scoots:
Explain to me why your game is superior to Bella and Zors game.

Zor:
Betrayal is a pretty good reason not to vote someone. I shared everything with you. And still you dumped me like a piece of garbage when you didn't need me anymore. Explain to me why I should reward you for this.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 645, ScootsBaboo wrote:
In post 639, McMenno wrote:i want to preface this that my vote is between bella and zor and im not really interested in voting ampaul - initially i was going to straight up vote bella but i see a possibility for a zor vote.
are you sure you want to know
ScootsBaboo
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by ScootsBaboo »

In post 647, McMenno wrote:
In post 645, ScootsBaboo wrote:
are you sure you want to know
I was joking
ScootsBaboo
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
ScootsBaboo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by ScootsBaboo »

In post 625, entreri wrote:To all of you:
I have a few moments I'm proud of, but the thing that I hang my hat on is the Jamelia Saga. Wayyyyyyy back during the idol hunt, I was (i think) the only one he trusted to let in that he had an idol, and I kept that secret for him because I wanted him onside. During the last swap before the merge, we finally came back together and things were different. My vibes were pinging wrong. I realized, how nice would it be fore Jamelia to go to the merge with no one knowing he has an idol? That was a huge incentive to vote me out. I told my alliance as soon as I knew that he had even floated my name out there. This changed the course of things entirely, basically forcing him to flush the idol at the last vote before merge and opening him up to be the first juror.
Even though after the merge, he tried to build a bridge with me, (I'm sorry Jamelia but I still don't believe you when you said you targeted me
after
I spilled the beans), again, the vibes were wrong. I did what I could to ensure that the vote remained on him. One of the ways was elevating his threat level, making people scared of him. He's a very good player, but I wanted to make him seem like and urgent threat. (DK, when you asked me why I told Bella I was "terrified" of you and I said I wasn't, I was telling the truth. I wanted other people to jump at the mysterious player who "apparently they've had to cast around in other ORGS.")

So from being seen as trustworthy enough to share info of an idol with, to reading the room correctly, to spilling the info at the right time thereby flushing an idol, to successfully pushing his vote, I'd say that is the move(s) I'm most proud of.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”