Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 am

Post by remussaidow »

just a semantical point here grimmy. Wouldn't it be worse if we say, broke his legs instead of him dying, and then proceeded on like that?

also, your bold tags didn't come out right.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

I don't really see a true case against besides the fact that I'm lurking. There's also how I was pro-nameclaim, but that was because I really doubt the scum could benefit from learning the rolename of any town person.

Since, I softclaimed I will full claim right here. I am a One-Shot Pro-Town Reviver. I can also Cheat Death where if I'm killed in any way it is revealed as an elaborate ruse by the other players and I am not killed. However, I can only do this once.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:10 am

Post by iamausername »

OK,
Unvote
. Name claim would also be good. I would also suggest demonstrating this revival power on Korts, but the fact that he's "Erased From Existence", not "Fading Away" suggests that this may not be possible.

And then
Vote: MafiaSSK
[Battousai] based on his resistance to the logic that puts Yosarian as probable town, and more importantly, the total disconnect between these two posts:
Battousai wrote:You just roleclaimed MafiaSSK, and are now a target of the scum if you yourself are not scum. You could have EASILY avoided it by posting content or at least a player anaysis for the top 3 players you find scummy (if you don't find anyone scummy, a game analysis).
Battousai wrote:Iamausername, why do you want MafiaSSK to claim so bad? All he has to say is vanilla townie and we gather no information and MafiaSSK would continue to not contribute.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Macavenger »

MafiaSSK wrote:I don't really see a true case against besides the fact that I'm lurking. There's also how I was pro-nameclaim, but that was because I really doubt the scum could benefit from learning the rolename of any town person.
As I've said, there are different types of lurking. You've engaged in the worst type of it, which is posting just enough to avoid replacement, while contributing nothing. Not posting much doesn't mean you can't contribute. You, however, are explicitly refusing to contribute anything, which is completely unacceptable.

The fact that you have not scumhunted this game at all, and are blatantly refusing to do so when asked, is the biggest issue here.
MafiaSSK wrote:Since, I softclaimed I will full claim right here. I am a One-Shot Pro-Town Reviver. I can also Cheat Death where if I'm killed in any way it is revealed as an elaborate ruse by the other players and I am not killed. However, I can only do this once.
Convenient. Does this mean you can only cheat death or revive once, or can you do them once each? Did you try to revive Korts last night? Do you die if you revive someone? Name claim also.

iamausername's very quick disengagement from this wagon despite continued lack of contribution is noted.

I'd like to see more comment from Yos2 and Jex on this.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Battousai »

Iamausername: MafiaSSK's soft claim was this, "If I roleclaimed you'd understand a lot why you shouldn't lynch me. " To me this said that he had a power role, BUT it could also mean that we shouldn't lynch him because he is protown. My second quote in post 302 was meant for the later. How you see it as scummy is beyond me. That and the fact that I don't want people to automatically assume Yos is protown makes me scummy is also over my head here.

MafiaSSK: Does this mean you will continue to not contribute?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Macavenger wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:I don't really see a true case against besides the fact that I'm lurking. There's also how I was pro-nameclaim, but that was because I really doubt the scum could benefit from learning the rolename of any town person.
As I've said, there are different types of lurking. You've engaged in the worst type of it, which is posting just enough to avoid replacement, while contributing nothing. Not posting much doesn't mean you can't contribute. You, however, are explicitly refusing to contribute anything, which is completely unacceptable.

The fact that you have not scumhunted this game at all, and are blatantly refusing to do so when asked, is the biggest issue here.
MafiaSSK wrote:Since, I softclaimed I will full claim right here. I am a One-Shot Pro-Town Reviver. I can also Cheat Death where if I'm killed in any way it is revealed as an elaborate ruse by the other players and I am not killed. However, I can only do this once.
Convenient. Does this mean you can only cheat death or revive once, or can you do them once each? Did you try to revive Korts last night? Do you die if you revive someone? Name claim also.
I will try and improve my contributing.

I don't know. My role wasn't really that specific whether I could do both. And no I forgot to try and revive Korts last night. I don't know if I die if I revive someone. I am Number 6 (from The Prisoner).
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Macavenger »

MafiaSSK wrote:I will try and improve my contributing.
Now would have been a good time to start.
MafiaSSK wrote:I don't know. My role wasn't really that specific whether I could do both. And no I forgot to try and revive Korts last night. I don't know if I die if I revive someone.
Awfully convenient.
MafiaSSK wrote:And I also don't have a name in a parenthesis.
MafiaSSK wrote:I am Number 6 (from The Prisoner).
Explain.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Anyone in the game particularly familiar with The Prisoner? I've looked over the wikipedia article on his claimed character, and I can sorta maybe get the Cheat Death ability out of that (very sketchy), but not a reviver in any way.

An elaboration on my previous post:
MafiaSSK wrote:And no I forgot to try and revive Korts last night.
This is not an answer I would expect from a real reviver. Things that would seem reasonable to me include, but not necessarily limited to, "I wasn't sure he was the best choice and didn't want to use it yet," "I can't because he was modkilled," "I tried, but failed because of the target changing rule." "I forgot" seems like a cop out. I'm not impressed with SSKs claimed level of knowledge of his own role.

Also, since it appears I forgot to do this a couple posts ago,
FoS: iamausername
for the quick hop off the wagon, and because I agree with Battousai that those posts aren't particularly contradictory.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Macavenger wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:And I also don't have a name in a parenthesis.
MafiaSSK wrote:I am Number 6 (from The Prisoner).
Explain.
I seriously forgot that from The Prisoner was in parenthesis.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Macavenger wrote:Anyone in the game particularly familiar with The Prisoner? I've looked over the wikipedia article on his claimed character, and I can sorta maybe get the Cheat Death ability out of that (very sketchy), but not a reviver in any way.

An elaboration on my previous post:
MafiaSSK wrote:And no I forgot to try and revive Korts last night.
This is not an answer I would expect from a real reviver. Things that would seem reasonable to me include, but not necessarily limited to, "I wasn't sure he was the best choice and didn't want to use it yet," "I can't because he was modkilled," "I tried, but failed because of the target changing rule." "I forgot" seems like a cop out. I'm not impressed with SSKs claimed level of knowledge of his own role.
I'm sorry if I actually forget to do things, yet I do. If could quote my role, I would.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

Revival is a wholly testable ability, and one which I think is highly unlikely to be in the hands of scum. Why wouldn't I unvote?

Also, not particularly important, but I was thinking of reviving as being a day power, due to something in another ongoing game of mine. Either way, we can find out for sure if he has this power, and lynch him later if he's lying.

As far as Battousai's inconsistency goes, I'm not seeing how "you are now a target of the scum if you yourself are not scum" is something you'd say if you thought he was just saying "you shouldn't lynch me because I'm town!", because if that was all he was saying, then how would he be making himself a target? Scum would already know he was town.
Nor am I seeing how you'd take "if I roleclaimed, you'd understand a lot why you shouldn't lynch me" as in any way likely to be a vanilla townie softclaim. It just doesn't sit right with me.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Espers, aliens, time travelers... okay, where's the slider and what is he up to?"

The Twenty-Eighth Vote Count (aka the "Lucky?" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (2)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (2) - Cavebear with a toothache, iamausername
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (0)
Macavenger (0)
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
Jex (0) - Macavenger, Battousai
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (6): MafiaSSK, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Jex, Nocmen, Yosarian2, remussaidow

Votes required to lynch: 6

FoS Count:

Battousai (1) - Yosarian2
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (1) - Battousai
Macavenger (0)
Cavebear with a toothache (1) - Battousai
Jex (2) - Battousai, Nocmen
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (1) - Macavenger

Current Deadline:
July 25, 2008
Second and Final Mod Deadline Review:
July 18, 2008
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Battousai »

The scum would not know his powers, thus a fake softclaim would lead them into NK'ng him (which makes him a target). If you take MafiaSSK's playing style for this game (hasn't contributed much) it makes it a possibility that softclaiming was his way to continue to not contribute even though he did not have a powerrole.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Macavenger »

iamausername wrote:Revival is a wholly testable ability, and one which I think is highly unlikely to be in the hands of scum. Why wouldn't I unvote?
I'm not so sure how testable it is right now. As I kind of hinted earlier, it wouldn't surprise me if Korts is not revivable since he was modkilled. Obviously we don't want to revive Jenter. So you want to wait until N3 to test the ability of someone who has demonstrated weak knowledge of and attention to their roleclaim, which doesn't really appear to fit their claimed name, while steadfastly refusing to contribute anything to the scumhunt? I'm not so inclined to wait that long, myself.

Obviously if SSK starts scumhunting, things change. But for the moment, I see no compelling reason not to be voting him. I don't buy the claim at all.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Okay, went back and reread this thread to see what is going on here.

First thing - Battousai's question abotu receiving a rule in the roles...well, just seems a bit like fishing for information about his PM. And when he goes to explain it more, that seems like he is trying to set something up, but I don't know if its for benefit of town or scum.

Then we have a bunch of trying to figure out what is going on with the votes, until we realize that it just moves down one in the list.

Macavenger's post 99 makes me uneasy...not sure what, but just one of those small gut instincts.

Just realized what was said in Battousai's post 112...the mod is a player...now thats getting me curious. If we go after the mod, will this fix things up a bit?

iamusername's post 124 I don't understand why he wanted to be voting SSK at that point, doesn't seem that great. But his logic later, I seem to have accidnetally have skimmed over it.

I agree with how SSK thinks we should try new stratigeies...but I sort of want to see if we can solve this stuff a bit, easing it up. As hypocritical as it is, i think we might want to see if we can lynch the mod and what happens then.

The thing I suggested with the name claim earlier...while I admit it may or may not be a good idea, I see a few possible benefits with like the names and the sources of where they are from. But if no one else wants that, fine. Actually, with Jenter's source being from a card game...were there any quotes from Mao...if any quotes from that exist?

though after that, I see where SSK is being a bit inactive and not helping out.

FoS:Remussaidow
for jumping on a Batt wagon so fast like that.

but yea,
Vote: Jex
(SSK), he seems to be not helping out the town at all.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE, VOTE: Tar
. I want to see if Tar is still a player since Korts is dead.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Never going to happen!"

The Twenty-Ninth Vote Count (aka the "MafiaSSK Currently Takes 1 Fewer Vote to Lynch" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (2)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (2) - Cavebear with a toothache, iamausername
Macavenger (0)
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
Jex (0) - Macavenger, Nocmen
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)
Tarhalindur (1) - Battousai

Not Voting (6): MafiaSSK, Grimmy (rep. Musher333), Jex, Yosarian2, remussaidow

Votes required to lynch: 6 (5 for MafiaSSK)

FoS Count:

Battousai (1) - Yosarian2
remussaidow (1) - Nocmen
MafiaSSK (1) - Battousai
Macavenger (0)
Cavebear with a toothache (1) - Battousai
Jex (2) - Battousai, Nocmen
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (1) - Macavenger

Current Deadline:
July 25, 2008
Second and Final Mod Deadline Review:
July 18, 2008
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Battousai wrote:
UNVOTE, VOTE: Tar
. I want to see if Tar is still a player since Korts is dead.
Why would Korts have made a difference to whose a player?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Macavenger wrote:
iamausername wrote:Revival is a wholly testable ability, and one which I think is highly unlikely to be in the hands of scum. Why wouldn't I unvote?
I'm not so sure how testable it is right now. As I kind of hinted earlier, it wouldn't surprise me if Korts is not revivable since he was modkilled. Obviously we don't want to revive Jenter. So you want to wait until N3 to test the ability of someone who has demonstrated weak knowledge of and attention to their roleclaim, which doesn't really appear to fit their claimed name, while steadfastly refusing to contribute anything to the scumhunt? I'm not so inclined to wait that long, myself.

Obviously if SSK starts scumhunting, things change. But for the moment, I see no compelling reason not to be voting him. I don't buy the claim at all.
I personally don't want to use my role power, unless a doctor dies. I also believe I can only revive pro-town roles.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Mod- If Mafiassk truly does need one fewer vote to be lynch than standard, shouldn't he have a number of posts labeled rules infraction?

I cannot answer this question. - Tar
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

remussaidow wrote:Mod- If Mafiassk truly does need one fewer vote to be lynch than standard, shouldn't he have a number of posts labeled rules infraction?
Tar's a bastad mod.
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

I've got some spare time here and net access, so I'm checking in. (Still out of town though.) Also, welcome, Grimmy!

Mod Watch™
"Escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it, and you with it."
- Number 6,
The Prisoner
. Note: This was before MSSK claimed.
"Rise, and measure the Temple of the Five."
The Temple of Five is from
Battlestar Galactica
"So, instead of killing them all he goes and turns everyone into Tang? That doesn't make sense."
As far as I can tell, this is a comment (not a quote) about a scene from
Neon Genesis Evangelion
"Oh, but I
am
that perverted."
This I don't know.
"Espers, aliens, time travelers... okay, where's the slider and what is he up to?"
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
. This also seems to be a comment about the show, not a quote from it.

And, since Tar made a point of pointing it out...
  • The Twenty-Fourth Vote Count (aka the "Hey, Aren't Some of These Vote Count Names References Too?" Vote Count)
    The Twenty-Fifth Vote Count (aka the "Hot Springs Episode?" Vote Count)
    The Twenty-Sixth Vote Count (aka the "I See Encouraging Signs of an Actual Mafia Game" Vote Count)
    The Twenty-Seventh Vote Count (aka the "How Are You Gentlemen. All Your Base Are Belong To Us." Vote Count)
    The Twenty-Eighth Vote Count (aka the "Lucky?" Vote Count)
25 could be pretty much any number of anime shows, 27 refers to the (in)famous game Zero Wing (somebody set us up the bomb!).

Okay then. MafiaSSK's claim is clumsy, so to speak. The forgetting of things, the claimed willingness to hunt scum but not actually doing so... I don't really know about the role name (more than a quick check on wikipedia), but it doesn't really seem to fit, no. MSSK, could you provide some fluff reason why you should be able to revive anyone? Paraphrased, of course, no quoting the PM. Also, if he's going to be able to prove himself, he can't just wait for a doc to die. There might not even be one. If he's willing to do this (and actually start hunting some scum, not just saying he's willing), I see no reason to not give him a chance to prove himself. The role IS provable, even if we might have to wait a day longer (and if there's no-one town-aligned to revive, we're winning anyway).
Mod Watch wrote:
"Escape, come back,
wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it
, and you with it."
- Number 6,
The Prisoner
. Note: This was before MSSK claimed.
Tarhalindur wrote:
A nuclear launch.
A shot in the dark.

Two projectiles converge on their mark.

A change of world. A blinding flash.

And Jenter Brolincani is brought unto ash.
My bolding. I think I said I'm not going to lynch anyone based on rolename, and I'm not, but this is mildly unsettling and seemed noteworthy.

Unvote, vote Jex (MafiaSSK)
. Unless MafiaSSK agrees to the above (willingness to revive any pro-town player, justifying his ability (if possible, but it should be) and writes something more useful), this is probably the best place for my vote right now.

It's a bit peculiar that we're still able to vote Tar after Korts (playing Tar) was removed, but since we apparently can vote just about anyone (or at least we could vote Battle Mage earlier), trying to lynch Tar might not do very much anymore.
Battousai wrote:FOS: Cavebear I thought FOS's didn't fall under the same category as the vote count ( I FoS'd Jex earlier and MafiaSSK recieved a FoS I think)
I think you're right about your FoS on Jex not working, but you're now definitely FoS:ing me. Also, FoS:ing worked when I tried it day one.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:43 am

Post by iamausername »

MafiaSSK wrote:I personally don't want to use my role power, unless a doctor dies. I also believe I can only revive pro-town roles.
No. You're using your power on the first pro-town player you get the chance to, because we want proof that you actually have this power, and when we reach endgame, it doesn't matter what other powers they have; confirmed town status is incredibly useful in itself.

And, yeah, I'd like to see a flavour explanation for why you can revive people. And if you're not sure about exactly how your role works (like, whether you can use both your powers in one night), then PM the mod and find out. You should do that as soon as you read the role PM.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

remussaidow wrote:Mod- If Mafiassk truly does need one fewer vote to be lynch than standard, shouldn't he have a number of posts labeled rules infraction?
Eh? Why is that? He should be fine so long as he paraphrased it properly.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:25 am

Post by remussaidow »

and yet the vote count claims he needs less to be lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”