RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12725 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:10 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 12713, Iconeum wrote:@MissLynch, I'm glad town prevailed over your gambit ^^

I understand you did what you did from your allignment and I'm really impressed how far you got!

Just I have to side with the homies x
+1

I don't like when pushes turn into personal seeming jabs so sorry if I came off that way when I pushed you.

But that aside I think it was a good play that almost paid off big.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12726 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:25 am

Post by chkflip »

Miss Lynch best losing effort gambit tbh
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12727 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:27 am

Post by chkflip »

Don't get me wrong. I was FURIOUS as the moderator when they claimed. A solid five to ten minutes of me storming around cursing the playerlist for giving me these headaches. Then... I thought about it. Then some more. Had there been another scum to lynch? Or just one more mislynch? Easily could've taken it home. So proud of that gambit. Sad to see it not pay off.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12728 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:30 am

Post by The Fonz »

Enjoyed everyone being like "Drew was a terrible lynch" when ML did the same and was an antitown role.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #12729 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:33 am

Post by the worst »

In post 12723, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 12721, The Fonz wrote:Reckon we could play an actual DND game in mish mash?
I'd be up for this to get my feet wet.
I have a lot of experience in this space and I'd recommend puddles more than the mish mash.

On all other fronts, I very strongly recommend the mish mash.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12730 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:33 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Can I get a little sneak peek on what actually happened to my lightning rod? I was kind of banking on getting culted when I faked the daycop.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12731 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:38 am

Post by chkflip »

I may be different, but my lightning rods go top down on the NAR scale. So you picked up zoraster's roleblock which made it stop there. I'll happily share all night actions at some point when it isn't 4am and I've slept.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12732 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:43 am

Post by chkflip »

Had you simply rodded everything, however, you would've stopped what? The six or so kills that happened that night?

Maybe I messed up. ;)
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #12733 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:48 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

I died N1 so I’m a double winner here :^)
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #12734 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:52 am

Post by the worst »

Teach me your ways Chemist :lol:
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #12735 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Titus »

Good game everyone. I hope all had fun. Sorry for not resisting my lynch as normal.

@chkflip, my lightning rod go

[Actions that impact them]
[All other actions]

A lightning rod that's started to act cannot be stopped. Nothing stops the storm in a true disaster movie.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #12736 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 12734, the worst wrote:Teach me your ways Chemist :lol:
1. roll bodyguard
2. target loud towny player
3. ???
4. profit
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12737 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:17 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Makes sense but I figured it was similar to Titus' interpretation. Rod activating draws all actions simultaneously.

Didn't mind the bloodshed. Mostly salty I didn't get picked for the cult team :(
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12738 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 12737, RCEnigma wrote:Mostly salty I didn't get picked for the cult team
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12739 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:28 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

Great job, everyone!

Special shout-out to chk for running this game! It was an absolute blast!!
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12740 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:40 am

In post 12714, the worst wrote:i still have no idea what happened for the last 508 pages but thanks for the carry!
nice work particularly with the flavour writing chkflip, scenes were really impressive

@espresso
sorry if it felt i was trying to pick a fight with your playstyle. in retrospect i just don't think the weight of flavour/mechanics in this game gelled with my vibe at all -- you are truly an exceptionally pleasant dude. thanks for handling that phase (and afaict, the entire game) with such grace.
I appreciate the kind words, the worst.

I can't remember who you played -- were you on an alt this game?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12741 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:48 am

In post 12710, Alisae wrote:hey dude, I'm glad your 40 player game is over.
He called me out, I'm just saying if he wants to take it out privately then he can do that.

I'm serious tho when it comes to your modding
It made me very angry and duckie/Jingle can atest to that since they were at the listening end of rants where I was babyraging and triggered.
Each to their own.

I just wanted to say I greatly enjoyed chk's modding. The informative flavour really gave the game a D&D mystery vibe, and it was fun trying to match all the claims to the flavour.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12742 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:53 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Yes! That was the highlight to me. It was fun working with you to sift through the flavor and look for characters that could fit and who they were. That's what really made me think this DND stuff could be fun.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12743 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I didn’t want to be converted Cult.
Does this count as a win or lose for me? I can’t tell.
I was Town who was converted the exact night I died.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12744 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Modding a serious 40 player game is a hard task, I thought this game wasn't serious when I inned 'cause it was too many people, so no matter what you think about what a mod should or shouldn't do, what chk did was impressive. I think it's the first cult game I see where everyone is so engaged (at least at late game) that no one cried "fuck this game I hate cults" (I did it once but who the fuck cares what I said in this game I wasn't paying attention).

So yes, congratulations chk, this was great, really great. It's obvious you took your job seriously and dedicated a lot of time and I hope you feel it finally payed off. I believe it did.

Thank you to everyone for being nice and good job town, we won a large game against three other factions, colab between town was ON POINT. Shoutout to EP, if I had to vote for a Cobble mayor I would totally vote for you.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12745 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Lol I said PAYED INSTEAD OF PAID HAHHAHAHAA FUCK ENGLISH
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12746 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:07 am

Post by chkflip »

EP, without players like you I don't think I would've enjoyed this as much. Thank you so much. True town mvp if I were to award such a thing. You, KidAmn, and RCE really ran through a lot of the muck. Not to say that anyone who survived through even most of the game didn't contribute or anything like that; however, had Easy Bake made different decisions early game this would've certainly gone another way easily.

I don't plan on running the Mainstream Finale for a little while (which is where this type of night-based flavor may stay), but I do plan on running a Skyrim warring factions large theme and perhaps a DnD II spin off with the survivors from this game taking different roles (not all 8, but at least five or so) before year's end. No more than probably 21 players each.

As fun as this was... it was also a Goddamn nightmare at first haha.

TSE, honestly, I could see you using this as a town win for your own personal stats. But I wouldn't point to this game from a meta standpoint unless you're using it to show how you're changing it (If that's what you're trying to do, you said as much in a sign up thread recently).

Pedit: Pink Ball appreciation page. I win, everybody else loses. <3
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12747 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 am

In post 12746, chkflip wrote:EP, without players like you I don't think I would've enjoyed this as much. Thank you so much. True town mvp if I were to award such a thing. You, KidAmn, and RCE really ran through a lot of the muck. Not to say that anyone who survived through even most of the game didn't contribute or anything like that; however, had Easy Bake made different decisions early game this would've certainly gone another way easily.
Loving the good vibes!
I don't plan on running the Mainstream Finale for a little while (which is where this type of night-based flavor may stay), but I do plan on running a Skyrim warring factions large theme and perhaps a DnD II spin off with the survivors from this game taking different roles (not all 8, but at least five or so) before year's end. No more than probably 21 players each.
[...]
Pedit: Pink Ball appreciation page. I win, everybody else loses. <3
I'd be soooooo down for a spin-off. We'll have to resurrect everyone's favourite zombie cult turkey + bring gobble, too!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12748 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 am

Post by chkflip »

I do want to say that any and all constructive criticism is more than welcome and aopreciated. You and I may not see eye to eye, I just want to be clear that I'd rather not see my hard work and 500 pages devolve into dissent and argument. I'm more than certain that there may be quite a few remarks as such and I just want to say they're welcome. All I ask is that we allow such things to be said and I'll handle them however I see fit.

I still love all of you even if we agree to disagree.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12749 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 12743, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I didn’t want to be converted Cult.
Does this count as a win or lose for me? I can’t tell.
I was Town who was converted the exact night I died.
Yeah it's normally considered good modding practice for people who are targeted by kills and cults the same night to die as town, since its super unfair to change someone's win condition in death to one they never played for.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”