Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Twomz »

EBWOP: Need to start previewing more >.<

Hmmm if that is truly Fonz's role, then there is no F'n way he's scum... I mean seriously, that just wouldn't work balance wise.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 am

Post by armlx »

Stark got my role right (triple doctor), so I can't see him as scum unless he knows something I don't about my role (ie. quack).

Fonz, the issue now is not that I don't think your role auto pro-town, but the additional parts of it seem very contrived and unbelievable IMHO. Still rather lynch SSF first.

Targets:

N1: Shanba, Jdodge, Twomz

N2: Shanba, Oman, Kison

N3:Twomz, TSS, and Stark

N4: Twomz, TSS, Sir T

N5: TSS, Nocmen, Stark

Twomz's death N1 is odd given this, but to be honest there is no way I would expect a 3x doc to be 100% protection anyways. Broken and what not.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 am

Post by mneme »

Hmm. Debated doing a (mostly) full claim, but I think I have to.

I can't be killed, targeted, or lynched. I can only win if the town wins -- but my win requires another condition as well (but I'm not going to state that or even hint at it unless I have a good reason -- and I don't; it just opens up the possibility of someone spitefully denying me my shared win as I selflessly work toward ensuring the town (and my own) win).

I didn't want to claim because every kill attempt on me is a wasted kill, but it's not unlikely that they already know this -- I'd guess that the second night of no-kill was because the mafia tried to kill me, which was why I took armlx's targeting of me day 4 as a possible scum indicator before I realized he'd promised a case on me the previous day.

I believe there was an investigation on me that failed earlier -- that would be because of my targeting protection.

Now all this said...does anyone think we have too many claimed protect roles? I mean, we have my self-protect, Doc Senses' known protect+investigate, Fonz's claimed unreliable self-protect, ckd/bel's two lives, sir t's copy ability (which is more or less garunteed to turn into another doc or a supervig at some point during the game), simenon's one-night all-protect and one-night all-fail, and now armlx and stark's claimed abilities?

unvote
vote: armlx

Occam says: disbelieve the most complicated role. I say: armlx and stark are most likely gambitting, and if armlx is telling the truth, we don't lose that much from lynching him.

re me/Zone: yes, it's entirely possible that we're both telling the truth. The mod's answer when I asked him over the weekend was to firmly refuse to give useful info (ok, he did say that I prevent a scum win at 3 town + me + 3 scum, which one reading of my PM would indicate I didn't, but he didn't give useful info on me + lyncher aside from a lack of an answer), which I take it means that it's concievable that a random lyncher could get stuck with me for a day's target, if one were in the game. But I wouldn't worry about giving Zone a win by lynching me; I -can't- be lynched, so I'm pretty sure that means he wouldn't win if we nolynched by lynching me. I'm not completely opposed to this ("lynching" me is worse than lynching scum, but better than a no-lynch and probably better than a mislynch), but since I think the massclaim has given us some places (which oddly enough, matched our previous places) to look for scum, so I'd rather do that.
Did I say too much?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 am

Post by stark »

Twomz wrote:That's... ridiculous. In a designer game you could have stripped 6 players of their roles in the first 3 nights (theoretically)?

If multiple bodyguards target the same person do they all die, or just the first one to send it in?
Well, I'm thinking that
I
am the ballance for alot of extreme roles that Mos might have put in :P. That's why I got into that whole argument with thyroid/sim.

I'm not exactly sure on the details, but I'm pretty sure for ballance it would be the first person to submit.

More claims!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:45 am

Post by mneme »

Oh, re submitted roles, I've seen no evidence that either of mine were used. Though one of mine was unkillable, so it might have been worked into my own role.
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:47 am

Post by mneme »

mneme wrote: I didn't want to claim because every kill attempt on me is a wasted kill, but it's not unlikely that they already know this -- I'd guess that the second night of no-kill was because the mafia tried to kill me, which was why I took armlx's targeting of me day 4 as a possible scum indicator before I realized he'd promised a case on me the previous day.
Just to clarify, yes, I know Night 3 was the first night of no-kill -- but armlx's attack was before thyroid/Simenon revealed that he had, in fact, blocked scum actions that night.
Did I say too much?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Nocmen »

mneme, I dislike strongly how others are claiming but in retrospect you still have not, as you say it is a mostly full claim.

armlx's and stark's powers worry me the most, they both seem very, very strong. And with this many powers for the town, I could see them being scum to balance them out. Also, anyone claim to making either role?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:38 am

Post by stark »

Nocmen wrote:mneme, I dislike strongly how others are claiming but in retrospect you still have not, as you say it is a mostly full claim.

armlx's and stark's powers worry me the most, they both seem very, very strong. And with this many powers for the town, I could see them being scum to balance them out. Also, anyone claim to making either role?
A) This is a designer game, Nocmen, so there obviously won't be any townies.

B) Because this game was constructed on player submissions, unless someone took it upon themselves to submit a myriad of unimpressive mediocre roles, we are all going to have a good bit of power.

C) My role may be a bit powerful, but as armlx said, his protective powers may not be 100%. I don't really see what you're worrying about.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

armlx is telling the truth. I made the role. 1 functions as a real doc, another functions as a roleblocker, the other doesn't work. Which one does what is randomized during the night. I doubt the role is given to a scum person, so I think lynching him is a bad idea.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:15 am

Post by mneme »

unvote

Kalie, your vouching I'll accept.
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 am

Post by mneme »

Nocmen wrote:mneme, I dislike strongly how others are claiming but in retrospect you still have not, as you say it is a mostly full claim.
I'm comfortable with this.
Nocmen wrote: armlx's and stark's powers worry me the most, they both seem very, very strong. And with this many powers for the town, I could see them being scum to balance them out. Also, anyone claim to making either role?
While that was my inclination, Kali vouching for their roles does swing things in the other direction -- though, of course, they could have had their alignment switched.
Did I say too much?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Nocmen »

Right now, I'm willing to accept mneme's and armlx's claim...mneme's not as much. But I think the lynch today should be zoneace or stark. Stark's claim doesn't seem as good for us, I feel it is either lying or a bit too strong for these town roles.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:18 am

Post by ZONEACE »

THE LYNCH TODAY SHOULD NOT BE ME, STILL.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Kison »

*sigh*

This is really weird. I'm not sure why there are all these protection roles, but my claim's going to stir the pot even more.

I'm the Second Hand Doctor. I'm not told whether my protections even work, or very much of what they do. I just know that I need to use my doctoring abilities. My role PM is extremely vague.

Actions so far :

Night Zero : ???Not sure if I had a night action, or if anyone did. I asked the MOD to send me a list of my protections, and am awaiting the response. Recall that I replaced in during Night One. I still possess the PMs for the night actions _I_ made, however.
Night One : Mneme
Night Two : Shanba
Night Three : Sir Tornado
Night Four : Sir Tornado
Night Five : Twomz

So, yeah. Not sure what's up. I'm going to try to compile a list of all these claims to have an easier time sorting through this chaotic pandemonium of a game. Something is up with all these protection roles.

Zoneace : CAPS LOCK IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:31 am

Post by armlx »

armlx is telling the truth. I made the role. 1 functions as a real doc, another functions as a roleblocker, the other doesn't work. Which one does what is randomized during the night. I doubt the role is given to a scum person, so I think lynching him is a bad idea.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep that in mind when I target as I think it has caused some issues (namely the lack of ressing from TSS).

Mneme's claims still needs to be tested as if he is telling the truth we can at 0 cost.

Mneme: Just to make sure, will "lynching" you not end the day?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:02 am

Post by mneme »

armlx: lynching me -will- end the day. As I said in my half-claim, lynching me counts as No Lynch.

So no, it's not 0 cost.
Did I say too much?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 am

Post by ZONEACE »

how convenient.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Simenon »

Kison's role is bizarrely scum-like.

How many extra days do you need, Kscope?
Vote SSF
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Nocmen »

I agree with Simenon on the details about his role being vague and unsure of what he knows is really going on. Though I would think his claim is somewhat real, I don't see the logic behind claiming yet another doc role.

Though why do you ask Kscope about these "extra days do you need", and vote SSF in the same post, Simenon?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Nocmen »

EBWOP: I agree with the details of Kison's role being vague*
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Kison »

That's because there are next to none in my role PM... Hopefully someone will claim to have made it. Otherwise, *shrug*
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by SSF352 »

At this point, I think claiming should be helpful. My role directly relates to nightchoices, and since we have so many claimed, we should be able to start confirming people's claims.

I'm Dr. Brown, from Back to the Future. My role is pretty much as Zoneace previously described, I can travel back to a past night and watch someone to see both who they target, and who targets them. However, I have one catch. If I target someone I was targeted by that night, I die. Also, if for some reason I target someone I previously targeted on that night, I die. So, for the record, if I turn up die during a night, I may not have been NKed.

My results, night by night:

Night 1: no past night, so no choice
Night 2: Shanba on Night 1
Shanba targeted TSS and Simenon targeted Shanba
Night 3: Stark on Night 1
Stark targeted no one and no one targeted him
Night 4: Twomz on Night 1
Twomz targeted Simenon and JDodge and Jediknight targeted Twomz
Night 5: TSS on Night 4
TSS targeted Shanba, and PBug and armlx targeted TSS

Therefore, it seems that armlx is lying. Since armlx and stark seem to be linked, the question is do we lynch armlx, and risk activiating stark's ability, or do we lynch stark, and save armlx for later? I do think we need to lynch one of them above ZONEACE.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

He's telling the truth. He revealed a piece of the role i didn't reveal when i mentioned i submited that role and that was the the fact that if it targeted someone that targeted them on that specific night it dies (that was a flavor bit related to the movie)
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

If we go for one of Stark and armlx, armlx targeted me the same night known scum did. I go back and forth whether that's in his favor or against him. (The contradiction N1 is big big against him, of course.) I still think Fonz is worth poking at, but he can at least be retrospied tonight.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

well it woul dseem that the only thing that could lead to the night 1 contradiction is a role redirector.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”