Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

The Mod wrote: You are the
Celebrity

Once a day, you may choose somebody to sway the thoughts of, with your fame and fortune, and send in a vote to I, the mod, describing who you "influenced" and who you convinced them to vote for, and it will be as if the person you swayed voted for the person you say to they did. Although the vote will not be announced, it will be counted in vote counts and usable in lynching. It will not be changed by the person you influenced unvoting and revoting. However, if the person "comes to their senses" and notices the change in the vote count or from other players, they can notify me of the "mistake" and their vote will be reverted to what they actually vote themselves.

You win when ...
Hehehe...
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Gimbo »

Presidential Polygamist Style Game

You are
Hilary Clinton

You are a lover of
Bill Clinton
. if Bill Clinton dies you die too, however, when you die first Bill Clinton becomes the lover of
Monica Lewinsky
. Because of this, after you are lynched, you are allow one extra post in which you are given a One-Shot Vig to kill another player who you believe to be Monica Lewinsky.

If you successfully kill her, you win the game. Other wise, you win the game when both Monica and Bill gets NKed/Lynched/Modkilled.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Tombolo »

You are a
Secret Agent.
Being an elite spy, every night you can choose to either investigate a target or kill a target. However, this requires you to maintain your cover. If you post AT ALL during the day phase, you will not be able to use your powers the following night. You win with the town.

(Mod note: Scans all turn up innocent, kills have no effect)
##NL imo
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

You are a
Mafia Jester
, You win only when the town, and you, are dead.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Korts »

Lord Gurgi wrote:You are a
Mafia Jester
, You win only when the town, and you, are dead.
Does he have to be lynched, or does getting NK'ed work too? Also, do his scumbuddies know his full role?
scumchat never die
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Vi »

You are an
Internet Troll
. You must roleclaim that you are a Bulletproof Jester in your first (non-confirmatory) post. In addition, for all intents and purposes you ARE a Bulletproof Jester... with a secret ability. At night you may attempt to perform a Cop-style investigation on another player, but you will only receive a correct result 50% the time - the other 50% of the time, you will simply be told to make something up and see what people will believe.

You win when you are lynched and no other player or faction has satisfied their win condition at the time of your lynch. You cannot be night-killed.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Korts »

Vi wrote:
You are an
Internet Troll
. You must roleclaim that you are a Bulletproof Jester in your first (non-confirmatory) post. In addition, for all intents and purposes you ARE a Bulletproof Jester... with a secret ability. At night you may attempt to perform a Cop-style investigation on another player, but you will only receive a correct result 50% the time - the other 50% of the time, you will simply be told to make something up and see what people will believe.

You win when you are lynched and no other player or faction has satisfied their win condition at the time of your lynch. You cannot be night-killed.
That's not enough of a role for Internet Troll. He has to have a PR of, say, having to post single sentences with a 1:2 ratio of swearwords:other, or something. Also, will be modkilled if doesn't personally offend any player every two pages. Or something.
scumchat never die
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Vi »

Korts wrote:
Vi wrote:
You are an
Internet Troll

That's not enough of a role for Internet Troll. He has to have a PR of, say, having to post single sentences with a 1:2 ratio of swearwords:other, or something. Also, will be modkilled if doesn't personally offend any player every two pages. Or something.
Basically, as soon as he roleclaims, nobody will want to lynch him out of paranoia, and since he can't be NK'd, he can do
whatever he wants
. Or that's the plan. But I like the post restriction ideas.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Except that when someone claims jester day 1 you pretty much always want to lynch him right away, unless it's one of those games where if you lynch the jester everyone else loses.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Has to be lynched, and no. He might end up offering to be bussed. But then he has to hope that his allies win.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Vi »

You are a
Lemon Townie
. Sort of like a Vanilla Townie, but with less of the gooky white stuff and more citric acid.

You pride yourself on being rather sour and putting a kick into the mouth of the people who try to lick you. When you are killed, the person most directly responsible for your death (that is, the person who hammered you or the last person to send in a night kill request on you) will not be able to say anything other than "..." for the duration of the next day due to having their faces puckered into an hourglass figure. You win with the Town.
Well, it has been said that the role of a Vanilla is to get night-killed. This rewards people who play to that paradigm by giving the town an easy lynch the next day... and causing the afflicted killer to swear endlessly at their monitor as they are very obviously marked as scum.

An otherwise normal game that replaces all Vanilla Townies with these would be interesting... as far as games that never leave Day 1 or end in draws can be interesting.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, no; if there's more then one, it's a bad role.

If there's only one, though, it's more interesting, since the Lemon guy clearly can't claim before getting nightkilled (if he claims, he obv won't get nightkilled), and without that, the town might go after the guy for lurking, or if they figure out he really can't say anything else, they might think he got post resticted by some other role.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by Tombolo »

The people I play with on AIM like Cow (can only moo- there are lots of even sillier variations) a lot. One night it was late and the games were getting progressively sillier, and there was a Cow Cult. >_> They recruited me after I ranted about being sick of Cows, and went on to win the whole game while producing probably the funniest private chat I've seen.
##NL imo
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Vi »

You are
Kermit the Frog
. It's not easy being green, is it? But you're a good guy at heart, even if you're a little... recognizable. You can only post in
green
throughout the game or face death by modkill. That's the only non-normal thing about you. You win with the Town.
Mod note: When explaining the rules, make clear that Green is the mod's color, and should never be used by players.

-------------------------------------------------------
You are an
Enraged Happy-Happyist
. You begin the game as a cultist under Cult Leader Mr. Carpainter (a.k.a. _____). You must post in
blue
throughout the game. You win when only members with the cult are left standing.
Mod note: The instant this person posts in red, modkill with much gusto. If this person posts in anything other than blue, modkill with normal levels of pleasure.

-------------------------------------------------------
You are a
radical atheist
. You are vehemently against beliefs in higher powers that preordain events, regardless of who holds them. You are also a member of the Mafia. You win when the Moderator is lynched, and your Mafian allies _____ and ______ have been informed of this as well. This win condition is in addition to the Mafia's existing win condition, as once the Town is subdued, the Mafia controls the lynch. However, at at least one point during the game the Moderator must have two votes against him/her at the same time; if this does not occur, the Moderator will reveal the names of each remaining Mafia player at LyLo. The Moderator cannot be targeted at night.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Korts »

Troll role PMYou are a
Troll

You are a very friendly guy really, only when the metaphorical sun comes up, you turn to metaphorical stone. Therefore you can't post in day phase. You could in night phase, but unfortunalely by then the thread's locked. Also, you don't have any partners to communicate with. Ah well. You can always hope you'll be recruited into a cult or something.

You win if the town doesn't lynch you until LyLo.
scumchat never die
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:07 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You are
Alberto Gonzales
. If anyone asks you a question you must answer "I don't recall." You win if you don't get lynched.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

shaft.ed wrote:You are
Alberto Gonzales
. If anyone asks you a question you must answer "I don't recall." You win if you don't get lynched.
I can already imagine Politics Mafia.
Potates
Potates
Townie
Potates
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Potates »

You are the
Whipping Boy
You are aligned with the town. Any no lynch vote or abstainment counts as a vote for you.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Dasquian »

Potates wrote:You are the
Whipping Boy
You are aligned with the town. Any no lynch vote or abstainment counts as a vote for you.
It is Day 1. There are 12 of you alive, so it will be seven to lynch.

By unanimous consent, including his own (lack of) vote, Potates is lynched!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Twomz »

That gives me an idea...

"At deadline, all people not voting for a player count as voting for you. When you die, you must chose a player to pass your role onto. You win when all the scum are dead."

Played in a game with 2 week deadlines for day and 3 day nights. 3 mafia, 1 sk, 1 doc, 1 cop, 5 townies, and the whipping boy. Being picked as the new whipping boy causes you to lose abilities but not alignment.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Korts »

Twomz wrote:That gives me an idea...

"At deadline, all people not voting for a player count as voting for you. When you die, you must chose a player to pass your role onto. You win when all the scum are dead."

Played in a game with 2 week deadlines for day and 3 day nights. 3 mafia, 1 sk, 1 doc, 1 cop, 5 townies, and the whipping boy. Being picked as the new whipping boy causes you to lose abilities but not alignment.
but make it a closed setup so that the town doesn't know about the whipping boy. it makes the claim so much funnier.
scumchat never die
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:13 am

Post by skitzer »

YOu are
The Encore
. If you are targetted, that person will keep targetting you without realizing it, even if you are dead. If you are alive at the end of the game, you win.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:16 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

You are
Schrödinger's Cat

You don't have an alignment unless someone is trying to check it. If you are investigated or killed there's a 50% chance of you being pro-town, and a 50% chance of being anti-town.

Once you die, if any player posts "open the box", your alignment will be randomly re-determined.

You win if you are aligned with the winning faction at the end of the game.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Twomz »

somestrangeflea wrote:You are
Schrödinger's Cat

You don't have an alignment unless someone is trying to check it. If you are investigated or killed there's a 50% chance of you being pro-town, and a 50% chance of being anti-town.

Once you die, if any player posts "open the box", your alignment will be randomly re-determined.

BEST ROLE EVER.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Korts »

Twomz wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:You are
Schrödinger's Cat

BEST ROLE EVER.
QFT
scumchat never die

Return to “Mafia Discussion”