Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

PokerFace, hypocrite is correct. Chenhsi and Killa, get posting already.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

I have a thought. Just a thought mind you. Why don't we test DBE, PR. Let's unvote her (for the moment), she in turn must still talk without taughting to one person (just one post DBE) and tell us what happens if anything the Mod does for breaking the PR.
**Mind you this doesn't clear DBE, but the fact that she has be doing the PR since the game started makes me want to give her a bit of a chance.
If DBE agrees to these terms and everyone agrees it might help answer some questions.
unvote:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:24 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Catch-up post time, was unexpectedly pretty much afk for the past few days, eeeep at how fast the games moving lol. Typing as I read, apologies if I start parroting other people (pun intended).
strappado wrote:I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.
Having a PR is not scummy, therefore it's a terrible reason to lynch someone.
FOS: strappado

LATER AMENDMENT TO THIS POINT: Why target only Imaginality for your vote when others (eg. Lord Gurgi) also have PR's, especially since LG's PR is, if anything, more annoying and makes him less useful as Imaginality.
Mirth wrote:Iron Man: The announcer is not unique to that sketch. I don't think I buy your claim. Why did you feel the need to make us guess it?
Quite a lot of MP charachters are not unique to one sketch, even some one the more well known ones (eg. Mr.Praline, the dead parrot guy). If that's your only reason for not believing the claim, then it's not a very good one.
Iron Man wrote:To tell the truth, I was bored and was looking for some fun.

Since this is Monty Python mafia, I thought a deviation from the norm was in order.
*headdesk*

Congrats on making us waste 7 pages on a pointless quest to discover your role that only really gave an advantage to the scum by letting them know a town role (assuming you're not scum yourself, which wouldn't be too far-fetched considering you led us all on a wild goose chase for no good reason).

FOS: Ironman

The Internet wrote:If Iron Man's claim is sincere, then he is probably not a power role. Claiming this early exposes him to NKs too early in the game.
So I think the next action would be to ask about features
, but I'll let someone else do that. However, we must consider WIFOMs.
If you weren't rolefishing before, you sure are now (underlined part). And asking someone else to do the rolefishing for you makes you look even worse, since then if someone finds rolefishing scummy, the person who did it on your behalf will look scummy instead of you, even though you came up with the idea. Liking my vote very much atm.
SpyreX wrote:Ironman, what, if anything, do you do as the Announcer?
Why do we need to know this?
strappado wrote:Sure, I'd much rather vote someone because they said something like, "Oh, my role? I'm mafi--oops oops, I mean...errrrm...I'm a notorious silly walker, yes yes, nothing to see here, move along" ...but unfortunately nothing like that has happened so I'm going with the possible least helpful member of the cast, until something better comes along.
Just because nothing obviously scummy has happened yet doesn't mean that nothing scummy has happened at all, it is always better to vote for someone because they're scummy than for any other reason, and a PR is one of the worst reasons for voting someone. You're now my 2nd fave lynch target behind Internet
HOS: strappado

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
spyrex wrote: Ironman, what, if anything, do you do as the Announcer?
Unvote, vote spyrex.

Less power role speculation please.
Exactly what I was talking about before with TheInternet.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Strappado's actions seem more like bad play style than scumminess.
What makes you say this?
chenhsi wrote:This is really weird. That is the weirdest post restriction I have ever seen!
Content please
farside22 wrote:Hmm I saw Jordan online yet he didn't post in this game. I call lurker sh
en
anigans!
Judging by how the past couple of days have been, I was probs online only fleetingly. It's probs best to check if someone's online for a long time without posting before accusing me like you did.
Mirth wrote:Are we all going to start saying Bruce now? Sure, I can jump on this trend too.

Bruce, (the one with the scary dancing avatar) needs to post some bloody content too.
Lets not, that'll just be too confusing lol

elvis_knits wrote:
Luigi Gangsta wrote:Lol Iron Man, i looked at ur sketch, it's awesome, so what exactly do you do, as the anouncer?
Fishing and faking posting restriction?

You must die!

unvote; vote luigi gangsta
farside22 wrote:I agree. The posting of sketches in every post I could see, but a sudden backwards talking restriction. There should be no reason for it to happen out of nowhere

unvote:
vote: luigi gangsta
Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

Math check mod,
Unvote; Vote: Luigi
. Causing chaos is scummy.

Albatross!
I think he was joking with his backward post you three. I find your sudden jumping to conclusions and sudden vote a bit suspect (although I do concede that causing confusion like he did was scummy, LG's actions is less suspicious than the other two because of him pointing that out and not mentioning faking PRs either.)

AMENDMENT: Bruce, Azimuth, DBE and SpyreX have now also voted Luigi, so has Ironman, and I find his post the scummiest of everyone's (beating the first two):
Iron Man wrote:Ok, Luigi was definitly trying to fake a restriction. That calls for a
Unvote, Vote Luigi Gangsta
How do you know he was DEFINATLY trying to fake a restriction? He made one post that could have easily been a joke, way to try to fuel the rampant wagon with false statements, along with the goose chase you sent us on, you displace strappado into 2nd place on my scumlist.

Btw, for those curious, my scumlist atm is, in order: Internet, Ironman, strappado, chenshi, farside, Elvis.

I don't think Luigi is scum, mostly due to how fast the wagon on him grew for very little reasoning, I feel it is scum fueled, which is why farside and Elvis appears on my scumlist, among other reasons.
chenhsi wrote:Although I have nothing to say...
DING DING DING, there goes my scumdar!
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:you smelly elderberry.

I indeed have a restriction.

I am not a liberty to discuss it with the likes of you but you shall see a change in my play dependent on the amount of votes on the main lynch candidate.

That is all, you may return to your hamster mums.
I'm fairly certain of what your restriction is, and therefore who your charachter is. But I'm not sure I buy it, why would he appear in a Flying Circus Mafia game?

AMEDMENT: You've confirmed my suspicions, so again, why would a French Taunter, a Holy Grail charachter, appear in a Flying Circus game?
elvis_knits wrote:I think luigi should die. In a game where you are confused, why would you ADD to the confusion by typing backwards?
Poor posting, while Luigi may have made a mistake in adding confusion, I didn't find him too scummy, since we were all being silly at that point, everyone calling eachother Bruce, he made a reverse post for fun, going a bit over the top, but it wasn't scummy. Saying he should be lynched for it moves you past farside in my scumlist.
SpyreX wrote:Ohh it feels SOOO GOOD when they fall into it. SOOO GOOD

PLEASE ALL HEREIN READ THIS REVELATION:

Darla is full of it.

I, you silly eldeberry sniffers, am the http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=S1yjT8XsDI8 ONE TRUE French Taunter.

It sucks coming out like this for it, but I'm not going to beat around the bush with it. I have a night action as well. I didn't want to get into it day 1, of course, but when someone else claims my role I sure as hell am going to jump on it.

So, this makes me believe that the scum weren't given fake claims as well. That's delicious.

This day 1 will go down in memory.

HUZZAH.

Confirm: DarlaBlueEyes - Thou are NOTS the taunter.
AHA! Now here's where things get really interesting. I think we can safely narrow down the lynch target to between DBE and SpyreX for today, though I shall continue to point out scummy actions by other players.

SpyreX counterclaimed DBE, which makes me think SpyreX is the true French Taunter, scum would have to be extremely ballsy/mad to counterclaim a role that isn't theirs. Plus, DBE has been generally scummier than SpyreX I think so far this game, SpyreX has been fairly protown, while before this, I was leaning on the scum side for DBE. BUT, DBE did have a PR, while SpyreX didn't (as far as I can see). In a game that is meant to be silly, I'd imagine a role like a French Taunter would be more likely to have a PR, since it's a fun and silly PR to have in a game, which swings it slightly back towards DBE for me. Also, DBE made it a little bit obvious what role she has/would fakeclaim by how obvious her (possibly fake) PR was. If SpyreX is the true French Taunter, would he have spotted what she may have been planning earlier because of the PR, and thought "Wait, is she trying to suggest that she has the role I really have?". It's quite suspicious. I still feel DBE is the more likely scum, but it's worth keeping the PR thing in the forefront of our minds, and tbh if DBE turns out to be telling the truth if we lynch her and SpyreX is a very ballsy scum, I will be kicking myself for not think he was scum because of the PR thing.

Unvote Vote: DBE

BUT, I actually have another theory in mind as well in this regard.
What if they are BOTH scum?
My alternative theory is that during Night 0, the scum, which include both DBE and SpyreX, came up with a mastermind plan to make one of them (SpyreX) a very trusted member of the town by setting up one of their own (DBE) to fakeclaim a role, then have SpyreX counterclaim that role, have DBE lynched, and when she comes up scum, BOOM, SpyreX becomes very trusted, maybe even confirmed as town. I'm actually reasonably confident that this theory may be true for two reasons:

A) SpyreX not counterclaiming the French Taunter role earlier. Really, with how obvious it was that DBE was going to claim that role because of the PR she may have been faking, I'd really think, if SpyreX is really a French Taunter, he'd have noticed this earlier and claimed that he thinks DBE is scum because of it. The PR made the charachter associated with it fairly unmistakeable.

B) I feel this one is the more compelling reason: Ealier I asked,
why would the French Taunter, who is a Holy Grail charachter, appear in a Flying Circus Game?
My answer: There is a Monty Python Movie Mafia Team. I feel this makes sense, I can't think of many groups of people who would have reason to start killing Flying Circus charachters, but the flavour may be that the movie charachters may be sick of Flying Circus charachters stealing part of the MP limelight, especially since MP discontinued the Flying Circus, and THEN went onto making movies. The movie charachters may feel the Flying Circus should be killed off because it is unfairly still stealing MP limelight even though it has been discontinued, so they may feel it is time to finish them off. Further evidence of this is that if this is true, and SpyreX is really the French Taunter and is in such a scumgroup, he will never be counterclaimed because he has that role.

AMENDMENT: Noticed that a couple of other players have also come up with a similar idea, kudos to them! Alsom I don't think that two players will be Taunting Frenchmen, since even though there was more than one Frenchman in the Movie, only one was really vocal.
Mirth wrote:I also don't like how fast this wagon on Darla is growing. I would like to hear her answer my question. I also don't think I'm going to believe Spyrex's claim right away. (Honestly, Darla's actions seem congruent...the French don't actually answer Arthur's questions...don't know if I believe her though.) So I ask that y'all hold off voting until both Darla and Spyrex talk more.
Seeing a town player play this cautiously is unusual
FOS: Mirth
, go to the back of the scumlist, though this could be a playstyle thing.

Scumlist atm: DBE, SpyreX, Internet, Ironman, strappado, chenshi, Mirth. farside and Elvis I'm letting off for now since the only real suspicion I had on them was my suspicion that the Luigi wagon was scum driven, and now that we have seemingly caught one scum at the beginning of the wagon, I'm not ready to buy that 2 or more scum would connect themselves by being the first 2 or especially first 3 on a wagon.
Mirth wrote:I also want a full claim from Iron Man who has ignored the calls for him to claim and put an illfounded L-2 vote on Luigi.
Why???

Read both Taunter claims, definatly more willing to believe SpyreX over DBE now, though I still think both may be scum.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:25 am

Post by killa seven »

happy witrh my vote on the noob scum.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Mirth »

JordanA24 wrote:
Mirth wrote:Iron Man: The announcer is not unique to that sketch. I don't think I buy your claim. Why did you feel the need to make us guess it?
Quite a lot of MP charachters are not unique to one sketch, even some one the more well known ones (eg. Mr.Praline, the dead parrot guy). If that's your only reason for not believing the claim, then it's not a very good one.
Other reasons: hes not playing, hes not completing his half-claim, hes opportunistically wagon hopping, no one asked him to claim. Now you give me a reason to believe him.
Jordan wrote:
Iron Man wrote:To tell the truth, I was bored and was looking for some fun.

Since this is Monty Python mafia, I thought a deviation from the norm was in order.
*headdesk*

Congrats on making us waste 7 pages on a pointless quest to discover your role that only really gave an advantage to the scum by letting them know a town role (assuming you're not scum yourself, which wouldn't be too far-fetched considering you led us all on a wild goose chase for no good reason).

I dont much like the phrasing of this where he says "town role" and then backtracks.
Jordan wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Ironman, what, if anything, do you do as the Announcer?
You should know better than to ask. To see if there's a way to test him.

Jordon wrote: B) I feel this one is the more compelling reason: Ealier I asked,
why would the French Taunter, who is a Holy Grail charachter, appear in a Flying Circus Game?
My answer: There is a Monty Python Movie Mafia Team. I feel this makes sense, I can't think of many groups of people who would have reason to start killing Flying Circus charachters, but the flavour may be that the movie charachters may be sick of Flying Circus charachters stealing part of the MP limelight, especially since MP discontinued the Flying Circus, and THEN went onto making movies. The movie charachters may feel the Flying Circus should be killed off because it is unfairly still stealing MP limelight even though it has been discontinued, so they may feel it is time to finish them off. Further evidence of this is that if this is true, and SpyreX is really the French Taunter and is in such a scumgroup, he will never be counterclaimed because he has that role.
I don't like this assumption. We won't know anything without dead scum.
Jordon wrote:
Mirth wrote:I also don't like how fast this wagon on Darla is growing. I would like to hear her answer my question. I also don't think I'm going to believe Spyrex's claim right away. (Honestly, Darla's actions seem congruent...the French don't actually answer Arthur's questions...don't know if I believe her though.) So I ask that y'all hold off voting until both Darla and Spyrex talk more.
Seeing a town player play this cautiously is unusual
FOS: Mirth
, go to the back of the scumlist, though this could be a playstyle thing.
Seeing town cautious is unusual? Since when? This is a crap reason. Everyone needs to be cautious.
Jordan wrote:
Mirth wrote:I also want a full claim from Iron Man who has ignored the calls for him to claim and put an illfounded L-2 vote on Luigi.
Why???
He's been the L-2 vote on 2 wagons now, both premature, he hasn't contributed past revealing his role without reason, and his votes are reasonless. I think he is scum. and I don't like halfclaims because they are easy to revise when the wind is southerly.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:32 am

Post by SpyreX »

I have a thought. Just a thought mind you. Why don't we test DBE, PR. Let's unvote her (for the moment), she in turn must still talk without taughting to one person (just one post DBE) and tell us what happens if anything the Mod does for breaking the PR.
**Mind you this doesn't clear DBE, but the fact that she has be doing the PR since the game started makes me want to give her a bit of a chance.
My biggest problem with this is, DBE has eluded to it being a modkill. So,

1.) She wont agree.
2.) She'll agree and it doesn't happen.
3.) She agrees and gets modkilled.

None of these really help us. I think DBE is scum, but either way solving it by a modkill isn't a good idea.
I thought I was pretty clear. Claiming like that is bad. Softclaiming without divulging all the details is, well, worse. If they're going to go half-way, might as well finish the job and give us some information and a tool to use.

Now, onto the both of us scum case:
A) SpyreX not counterclaiming the French Taunter role earlier. Really, with how obvious it was that DBE was going to claim that role because of the PR she may have been faking, I'd really think, if SpyreX is really a French Taunter, he'd have noticed this earlier and claimed that he thinks DBE is scum because of it. The PR made the charachter associated with it fairly unmistakeable.
1.) The French Taunter's quotes are very obvious python. I could have seen people putting them in their posts for a myriad of reasons.
2.) I dont have a PR, so I wanted to see if/when she would do it.
3.) I, of course, thought maybe there was a CHANCE of a similar role or something of the like. She could have been "French Leader" or something that would have had the PR but not been my EXACT role.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm Post subject: 477
Catch-up post time, was unexpectedly pretty much afk for the past few days, eeeep at how fast the games moving lol. Typing as I read, apologies if I start parroting other people (pun intended).

strappado wrote:
I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.

Having a PR is not scummy, therefore it's a terrible reason to lynch someone. FOS: strappado

LATER AMENDMENT TO THIS POINT: Why target only Imaginality for your vote when others (eg. Lord Gurgi) also have PR's, especially since LG's PR is, if anything, more annoying and makes him less useful as Imaginality.

Mirth wrote:
Iron Man: The announcer is not unique to that sketch. I don't think I buy your claim. Why did you feel the need to make us guess it?

Iron Man wrote:
To tell the truth, I was bored and was looking for some fun.

*headdesk*

The Internet wrote:
If Iron Man's claim is sincere, then he is probably not a power role. Claiming this early exposes him to NKs too early in the game. So I think the next action would be to ask about features, but I'll let someone else do that. However, we must consider WIFOMs.

If you weren't rolefishing before, you sure are now (underlined part). And asking someone else to do the rolefishing for you makes you look even worse, since then if someone finds rolefishing scummy, the person who did it on your behalf will look scummy instead of you, even though you came up with the idea. Liking my vote very much atm.

SpyreX wrote:
Ironman, what, if anything, do you do as the Announcer?

strappado wrote:
Sure, I'd much rather vote someone because they said something like, "Oh, my role? I'm mafi--oops oops, I mean...errrrm...I'm a notorious silly walker, yes yes, nothing to see here, move along" ...but unfortunately nothing like that has happened so I'm going with the possible least helpful member of the cast, until something better comes along.

Just because nothing obviously scummy has happened yet doesn't mean that nothing scummy has happened at all, it is always better to vote for someone because they're scummy than for any other reason, and a PR is one of the worst reasons for voting someone. You're now my 2nd fave lynch target behind Internet HOS: strappado

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
spyrex wrote:
Ironman, what, if anything, do you do as the Announcer?

Unvote, vote spyrex.

Less power role speculation please.

Exactly what I was talking about before with TheInternet.

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Strappado's actions seem more like bad play style than scumminess.

What makes you say this?

chenhsi wrote:
This is really weird. That is the weirdest post restriction I have ever seen!

Content please

farside22 wrote:
Hmm I saw Jordan online yet he didn't post in this game. I call lurker shenanigans!

Judging by how the past couple of days have been, I was probs online only fleetingly. It's probs best to check if someone's online for a long time without posting before accusing me like you did.

Mirth wrote:
Are we all going to start saying Bruce now? Sure, I can jump on this trend too.

Bruce, (the one with the scary dancing avatar) needs to post some bloody content too.

Lets not, that'll just be too confusing lol

elvis_knits wrote:
Luigi Gangsta wrote:
Lol Iron Man, i looked at ur sketch, it's awesome, so what exactly do you do, as the anouncer?

Fishing and faking posting restriction?

You must die!

unvote; vote luigi gangsta

farside22 wrote:
I agree. The posting of sketches in every post I could see, but a sudden backwards talking restriction. There should be no reason for it to happen out of nowhere

unvote:
vote: luigi gangsta

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Albatross!

Math check mod, Unvote; Vote: Luigi. Causing chaos is scummy.

Albatross!

I think he was joking with his backward post you three. I find your sudden jumping to conclusions and sudden vote a bit suspect (although I do concede that causing confusion like he did was scummy, LG's actions is less suspicious than the other two because of him pointing that out and not mentioning faking PRs either.)

AMENDMENT: Bruce, Azimuth, DBE and SpyreX have now also voted Luigi, so has Ironman, and I find his post the scummiest of everyone's (beating the first two):

Iron Man wrote:
Ok, Luigi was definitly trying to fake a restriction. That calls for a Unvote, Vote Luigi Gangsta.

How do you know he was DEFINATLY trying to fake a restriction? He made one post that could have easily been a joke, way to try to fuel the rampant wagon with false statements, along with the goose chase you sent us on, you displace strappado into 2nd place on my scumlist.

Btw, for those curious, my scumlist atm is, in order: Internet, Ironman, strappado, chenshi, farside, Elvis.

I don't think Luigi is scum, mostly due to how fast the wagon on him grew for very little reasoning, I feel it is scum fueled, which is why farside and Elvis appears on my scumlist, among other reasons.

chenhsi wrote:
Although I have nothing to say...

DING DING DING, there goes my scumdar!

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
you smelly elderberry.

I indeed have a restriction.

I am not a liberty to discuss it with the likes of you but you shall see a change in my play dependent on the amount of votes on the main lynch candidate.

That is all, you may return to your hamster mums.

I'm fairly certain of what your restriction is, and therefore who your charachter is. But I'm not sure I buy it, why would he appear in a Flying Circus Mafia game?

AMEDMENT: You've confirmed my suspicions, so again, why would a French Taunter, a Holy Grail charachter, appear in a Flying Circus game?

elvis_knits wrote:
I think luigi should die. In a game where you are confused, why would you ADD to the confusion by typing backwards?

Poor posting, while Luigi may have made a mistake in adding confusion, I didn't find him too scummy, since we were all being silly at that point, everyone calling eachother Bruce, he made a reverse post for fun, going a bit over the top, but it wasn't scummy. Saying he should be lynched for it moves you past farside in my scumlist.

SpyreX wrote:
Ohh it feels SOOO GOOD when they fall into it. SOOO GOOD

PLEASE ALL HEREIN READ THIS REVELATION:

Darla is full of it.

I, you silly eldeberry sniffers, am the http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=S1yjT8XsDI8 ONE TRUE French Taunter.

It sucks coming out like this for it, but I'm not going to beat around the bush with it. I have a night action as well. I didn't want to get into it day 1, of course, but when someone else claims my role I sure as hell am going to jump on it.

So, this makes me believe that the scum weren't given fake claims as well. That's delicious.

This day 1 will go down in memory.

HUZZAH.

Confirm: DarlaBlueEyes - Thou are NOTS the taunter.

AHA! Now here's where things get really interesting. I think we can safely narrow down the lynch target to between DBE and SpyreX for today, though I shall continue to point out scummy actions by other players.

SpyreX counterclaimed DBE, which makes me think SpyreX is the true French Taunter, scum would have to be extremely ballsy/mad to counterclaim a role that isn't theirs. Plus, DBE has been generally scummier than SpyreX I think so far this game, SpyreX has been fairly protown, while before this, I was leaning on the scum side for DBE. BUT, DBE did have a PR, while SpyreX didn't (as far as I can see). In a game that is meant to be silly, I'd imagine a role like a French Taunter would be more likely to have a PR, since it's a fun and silly PR to have in a game, which swings it slightly back towards DBE for me. Also, DBE made it a little bit obvious what role she has/would fakeclaim by how obvious her (possibly fake) PR was. If SpyreX is the true French Taunter, would he have spotted what she may have been planning earlier because of the PR, and thought "Wait, is she trying to suggest that she has the role I really have?". It's quite suspicious. I still feel DBE is the more likely scum, but it's worth keeping the PR thing in the forefront of our minds, and tbh if DBE turns out to be telling the truth if we lynch her and SpyreX is a very ballsy scum, I will be kicking myself for not think he was scum because of the PR thing.

Unvote Vote: DBE

BUT, I actually have another theory in mind as well in this regard. What if they are BOTH scum? My alternative theory is that during Night 0, the scum, which include both DBE and SpyreX, came up with a mastermind plan to make one of them (SpyreX) a very trusted member of the town by setting up one of their own (DBE) to fakeclaim a role, then have SpyreX counterclaim that role, have DBE lynched, and when she comes up scum, BOOM, SpyreX becomes very trusted, maybe even confirmed as town. I'm actually reasonably confident that this theory may be true for two reasons:

B) I feel this one is the more compelling reason: Ealier I asked, why would the French Taunter, who is a Holy Grail charachter, appear in a Flying Circus Game? My answer: There is a Monty Python Movie Mafia Team. I feel this makes sense, I can't think of many groups of people who would have reason to start killing Flying Circus charachters, but the flavour may be that the movie charachters may be sick of Flying Circus charachters stealing part of the MP limelight, especially since MP discontinued the Flying Circus, and THEN went onto making movies. The movie charachters may feel the Flying Circus should be killed off because it is unfairly still stealing MP limelight even though it has been discontinued, so they may feel it is time to finish them off. Further evidence of this is that if this is true, and SpyreX is really the French Taunter and is in such a scumgroup, he will never be counterclaimed because he has that role.
You know, this case oddly has some merit considering. All I know is my role.
I'll ask this one question though:
(Without saying what or from what) Does ANYONE else have roles from any of the movies (not FC).
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh my god. I had some kind of quote issue. :(

DISREGARD ABOVE I'll POST IT AGAIN
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

My biggest problem with this is, DBE has eluded to it being a modkill. So,

1.) She wont agree.
2.) She'll agree and it doesn't happen.
3.) She agrees and gets modkilled.

None of these really help us. I think DBE is scum, but either way solving it by a modkill isn't a good idea.
I thought I was pretty clear. Claiming like that is bad. Softclaiming without divulging all the details is, well, worse. If they're going to go half-way, might as well finish the job and give us some information and a tool to use.

Now, onto the both of us scum case:
1.) The French Taunter's quotes are very obvious python. I could have seen people putting them in their posts for a myriad of reasons.
2.) I dont have a PR, so I wanted to see if/when she would do it.
3.) I, of course, thought maybe there was a CHANCE of a similar role or something of the like. She could have been "French Leader" or something that would have had the PR but not been my EXACT role.
B) I feel this one is the more compelling reason: Ealier I asked, why would the French Taunter, who is a Holy Grail charachter, appear in a Flying Circus Game?
You know, this case oddly has some merit considering. All I know is my role.
I'll ask this one question though:
(Without saying what or from what) Does ANYONE else have roles from any of the movies (not FC).
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

L-2 now. Killa, why chenhsi. Farside, why risk a modkill?

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Albatross!
She never said modkill, she stated bad things. I just wanted to see if she was going to back track. If everyones read that as modkill then I will nix the idea.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:06 am

Post by imaginality »

It's good to see Bruce posting again. He raised some interesting points in his comments on the quoted posts from Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, Bruce and Bruce. (Oh, and Bruce. :wink: )

In the Bruce versus Bruce, claim versus counterclaim debate, I'm now willing to vote for lynching Bruce today, because after thinking about it from Bruce's perspective, his decision not to counterclaim earlier makes more sense than I first thought, making me more convinced that if one of the two is scum, it's Bruce (whether or not Bruce is also scum remains an open question).

Also, further justifying seeing Bruce as the scummier of the two: Bruce's claimed post restriction, which amounts to "I have to contribute nothing much most of the time, but if I come under suspicion I can defend myself properly," seems like the kind of post restriction a non-town player would be more than happy to fake for herself.

Unvote; vote Bruce
- I know this places her at L-1 (eek, the first time I've voted someone to L-1! :| ) but someone has to... and I think lynching her today is more than justified given Bruce's counterclaim; none of the discussion since has changed that basic fact. We've also stirred up a lot of questions and talking points about other players, none of which will vanish overnight, so I don't think we'd be ending the day too early.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 am

Post by imaginality »

Wait.. Bruce, are you sure she was at L-2? (Bruce unvoted a few posts ago).. I think she may be only at L-2 again now.

Mod: can we have a vote count please?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:23 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

wow...catching up....Obv. I've already claimed so thats not gonna prevent the lynch, but it would be just dandy if you didn't lynch me till i got to read and reply.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:30 am

Post by shaft.ed »

the colonel wrote:Now, I heard someone has been acting very silly. Now, we can't have things getting all silly, this is serious business. Now, once I figure out who it is, I'll deal with them. Back to the game then. Ten, nine, eight and all that.
Vote Count:

DarlaBlueEyes
(7) SpyreX, PokerFace, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi, Muerrto, Iron Man, JordanA24

Luigi Gangsta
(2) elvis_knits, DarlaBlueEyes
chenhsi
(2) Mirth, killa seven
JordanA24
(1) The Internet
Bruce
(1) imaginality

Not voting
(Luigi Gangsta, chenhsi, strappado, Azimuth, farside22)

With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch and 9 to No Lynch.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:32 am

Post by killa seven »

Albatross!
im not likin him pullin the noob card.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Mirth »

farside22 wrote:

Albatross!
She never said modkill, she stated bad things. I just wanted to see if she was going to back track. If everyones read that as modkill then I will nix the idea.
I didn't but
Mod: if you were to modkill someone for whatever reason, would the modkill count as the lynch for the day?

Bad behavior modkills will be handled on a case by case basis. I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of post restriction modkills.

Killa Seven, I'm not liking you not playing.

And now I'm going to ask the town something
before anyone hammers DBE, remember, she's at L-1 now as the Bruce vote is on her, can we please wait for a full claim from Iron Man

I do not want to go into night with a soft claim he can later fake.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:17 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Alright this is rushed because its storming and my lap top is about to die.

Yes, Farside, I would be willing to do so, It seems I am going to be lynched anyways so risking a modkill to prove that I am the french taunter seems to be the best route for me.

Other points:

I still really do not like Iron Man, infact,
unvote vote Iron Man

If I am still alive when the storms stop tonight I will post more indepth, have to go now.
Show
you done goofed.

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Mirth »

Hmmm that's really not an answer...if Darla has a modkillable post restriction and she got herself modkilled on purpose without ending the day, that would make things easier...hmmm....
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mirth wrote:Hmmm that's really not an answer...if Darla has a modkillable post restriction and she got herself modkilled on purpose without ending the day, that would make things easier...hmmm....
That was what I was hoping. However some mod's end the day when they mod kill someone and some don't. I kind had hoped to find out myself if the mod would end the day that way.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by imaginality »

If we take that option, I think there are three possibilities:

1. Bruce is modkilled and day ends

Net result - this is slightly worse than lynching Bruce, because we don't get to see who casts the L-1 and hammer votes.

2. Bruce is modkilled and day doesn't end

Net result - this is good if Bruce's alignment is confirmed: if Bruce was townie we can lynch Bruce for counterclaiming her, if Bruce was scum we can lynch another scum. (However, this is pretty bad if alignment isn't confirmed; I assume mods usually confirm players' alignments when modkills are made, but is that always the case?)

3. Bruce isn't modkilled, but claims to have received some other penalty

Net result - this depends on what she claims the penalty is; it's possible that the penalty might be somewhat confirmable, but also highly possible that it isn't easily confirmable (if it's loss of night action, for example), in which case we'd be no further forward than we are now. So overall, this is probably no better or worse than lynching.

Personally I think that 1 is the most likely option by a fair way, followed by 3, so I think we're more likely to lose slightly rather than gain from testing her claim, but how do others see it?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by imaginality »

EBWOP: I meant to say, "Personally I think that 3 is the most likely option by a fair way, followed by 1 (if Bruce
does
have the post restriction), so overall I think we're more likely to lose slightly rather than gain from testing her post restriction"
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I am willing to risk a modkill but while i have votes on me, my PR is nulled.

I
am
a french tauner (this may sound super wifom-y but its the truth)

Why would i fake claim on day one with 2 votes on me? Why would I keep a consistent flavor in my posts, (thats a lot to keep up with in a large game especially once you start getting past day 1. )

The fact that no one seems able to consider that there could be TWO french taunters is really strange, I'm starting to think shaft wanted to have a bit of fun, and create a bit of mischief.

Its not like i randomly pulled something out of a hat at L-1, I claimed what I was, and tried to get out what I was in my post sans the restriction, on the chance anyone un-voted and i had my PR re-instated.

Also its been asked by others but seems to be avoided by spyrex:

Why did you not say something before hand when you saw a consistent French Taunter flavor in my posts? Did you not get suspicious?
Show
you done goofed.

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Mirth »

I was toying with the idea of getting Darla to get herself modkilled for rulebreaking (Regardless of whether this would be the post restriction or not) but the mod's answer makes me think that if we engineer a modkill, he'd probably end the day, which would not be the great.

I'm perfectly willing to vote Darla, but I'm not going to and I ask no one else does until Iron Man claims.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Why did you not say something before hand when you saw a consistent French Taunter flavor in my posts? Did you not get suspicious?
There could be dozens of reasons for putting in flavor. Its a MP game, for petes sake. Until the moment you claimed my exact role, I was willing to let it slide.

You never answered this question, if we're playing this game:

Why, PR aside, didn't you come up with meaningful content on your own? That sure seems like a pretty good way to be helpful town without breaking the PR.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

jordan wrote: You've confirmed my suspicions, so again, why would a French Taunter, a Holy Grail charachter, appear in a Flying Circus game?
Let me confirm that its not a Flying Circus game. Spyrex, this goes to you too. Of course, if you are a French Taunter, then you already know that.

The forcing-a-modkill gambit, regardless of its effectiveness, makes me feel dirty. I don't feel like forcing potential modkills ought to be an ethical game mechanic.

I'm down for lynching DBE, but I (morally) oppose the modkill plan.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”