Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Stop making me paranoid about cult having chances to win for fucks sake I'm lynching everyone
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #12551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Except me and my monkey
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:46 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 12548, Pink Ball wrote:ML tomorrow, he can't win tomorrow with so many alive, that would be stupid.
If the <10 is exclusive, we can't lynch ML and Elements before we go under 10.

If we do ML, Elements, Gobble, that'll eliminate the SKs before we're sub 10 and leave us enough room to kill cult after.
In post 12549, Cephrir wrote:This is a bad move. If ML's win condition is exclusive, that is just poor modding and I don't care if I lose to it.
Maybe you're right. But at the same time, the flavour has been pretty clear about sacrifices to Orcus. That doesn't sound like they'll just go away after they're done.

I'd really like to know Elements' character name.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

I guess it's a philosophy thing but I refuse to play around stupid what-ifs that are only possible if the mod hates fun and wants everyone to feel cheated.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

Like, if ML didn't claim this for no reason, imagine how shitty it would feel for town, scum and cult to be playing a solid game and then lose because lol.
Bartleby the Scrivener
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 am

In post 12554, Cephrir wrote:Like, if ML didn't claim this for no reason, imagine how shitty it would feel for town, scum and cult to be playing a solid game and then lose because lol.
Fair point, but does lynching ML>Elements>gobble negatively impact anything?

I'm not feeling the cult paranoia as much, so I'm treating gobble as the last cult. You could even argue that the cult paranoia is as much a "lol we lost" concern as my SK concern right now.

If I had to pick one lolrandom thing to lose to, I'd pick the cult over the SKs.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:03 am

I'm pretty sure the flavour in MM1 told people that a cult recruiter was still at large. We haven't seen anything like that here.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 am

Post by RCEnigma »

The salt to flipped scum ratio is crazy high this game.

VOTE: Gobble finish cult. IDC if I'm in the poe, it's not really a losable game.

Famous last words.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:15 am

Post by KidAmn »

Vote: Gobble
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #12559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

vote ML
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #12560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Cephir is right, boys. Cephir is town and that's great
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #12561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Pink Ball »

The anti town factions should do us a solid and just surrender
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #12562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Pink Ball »

How cool would it be if I was actually culted and you're never expecting it huh
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 12555, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 12554, Cephrir wrote:Like, if ML didn't claim this for no reason, imagine how shitty it would feel for town, scum and cult to be playing a solid game and then lose because lol.

I'm not feeling the cult paranoia as much, so I'm treating gobble as the last cult. You could even argue that the cult paranoia is as much a "lol we lost" concern as my SK concern right now.

If I had to pick one lolrandom thing to lose to, I'd pick the cult over the SKs.
If there is a mafia, it would be a waste of a lynch
Bartleby the Scrivener
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12564 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 am

In post 12563, Cephrir wrote:
In post 12555, EspressoPatronum wrote:

If there is a mafia, it would be a waste of a lynch
Right, but I'm also saying that ML has potential to be mafia.

The kill flavour for dave's death was fire-related. That's either ML's kill or it was A50 using a bookie reward. I'm not sure which.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12565 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:42 am

It's not the end of the world if we lynch gobble first. There's a chance I get another dayvig or something similar as a reward for booking him.

I now think ML is the safer kill today, but I'll still go gobble if need be.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #12566 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Gobble gobble
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12567 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Miss Lane »

THe dragon thing is pretty bullshit.
The last time I looked at my Role PM was when I had access to it on my Enter account, and if you recall, I didn't pay much attention to the flavor hence the slip.

Oh, by the way, go look at the last time I posted as Enter. That's also the last time I was able to log into that account.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 12535, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 12533, Miss Lane wrote: I think this point only goes to show that you not only don't believe your push on me as a runelord, but you additionally are likely to be one yourself (making up bullshit for why I should be lynched is something scum have repeatedly done before death. When I get back from work, I can point them all out for you, but either way, lynching me before <10p is straight dumb.
Since you apparently want to ignore the fact that I'm a mason with consistent mason behaviour with gobble and BB, you may also look to the flavour to see several confirmations of my role as a bookie. I can also point you to the dayvig on pisskop of you're so inclined.

None of that is even necessary to your rebut your post here though bcz corellation =/= causation. You are welcome to point all of those pushes out for me, but scums's use of them in the past does not make me scum now. None of them preclude town from making the same type of push.
Sorry, you'll have to forgive me if I stopped paying attention to your slot after that bullshit push on why Wooper was scum and Zoraster was town. Some of the most garbage arguments I've seen made in a while.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 12545, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 12542, Pink Ball wrote:ML's behavior towards his flavor yesterday was ridiculous. "I'm not a dragon. Oh wait I'm half dragon my b".

Let's quicklynch gobble and ML and if the game keeps going we solve it like champs. Even if ML is third party I'm ok with him not winning,
this game has turned nightless long ago so lynching him is neutral to our wincon
. Don't lose time discussing until both gobble and ML are dead.
This is a good point. Might as well pivot onto ML today and get rid of the 3p threat.
In post 12544, Pine wrote:
In post 12540, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm confused. Why would you want to leave the SK and backup SK alive right now? The cult isn't a threat. The recruiter is dead.
I mean...this is a fair point. I’m more or less convinced that my xofelf paranoia was just that - paranoia.

I don’t think we can risk the possibility of an exclusive 3P (fourth party?) win. Sorry ML

VOTE: Miss Lynch
Good call. The greedy part of me wants to kill gobble for the sweet sweet bookie power, but the safe side of me says we should kill ML just in case.

VOTE: ML
I imagine, with play like this, that you're mislynched a lot as town?

(assuming you're actually confirmed like you say you are?)
I don't think I've seen pro-town play consistently come from this slot since day 3.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Like, in the last post, EP, I'd like to point out how remarkably inconsistent you are at repeated points throughout the game.
At this point I'm assuming you're actually confirmed town like you say you are and this is just mostly unrequested comments, but I'm kinda pissed and tired of dealing with stuff, and this is my last game on site (at least for a little while), so I'm gonna share my undesired two cents.

1. Your push on me right now is textbook scummy. The way you do it - pushing with a lack of conviction (your two points for why I should be lynched contradict each other, you didn't vote me until there was substantial evidence that you could get me lynched) - is a pretty good way to scum tell, generally speaking. One thing that has helped me with behaviors like this is to be less descriptive in why I want to push someone. To be more slow and attentive, and to often vote first, or even just ask a question or two that help drive home a point. If you drop all of your thoughts on the table like that, it's very easy to see they're a scrambled mess with no obvious conclusion. It becomes apparent that your push on me is one of mere paranoia. I've found that being less verbose has very much helped me have a clear view of the game, given reads much needed consistency, and I've found I'm more charismatic in driving home the lynches that need to go home.
2. Stop flailing at me.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Also, you should recognize that while anyone can do anything, getting paranoid about a slot that has repeatedly made mechanically pro-town moves and shown large amounts of anti-scum behavior being scum will only win you games on a fluke. IMO, no one (town or scum) deserves to lose to someone who votes them because they got paranoid and voted one of the most consistently pro-town players in the game. It sucks to be the towniest member alive and then lose because everyone got paranoid cuz you're too town to be town, and it sucks to be scum who lost because you played too well. The town that lynches that scum doesn't even deserve to win, IMO. I'm not even really talking about me here, I'm talking about a general site perspective I've observed that seems to stem from the mindset you display right now.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #12572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Pine »

If anyone’s flailing, it’s the panicked wall of text above me here.

Site note: if you’re having trouble logging into an account, let Kison know.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Eh, I'll admit I might be flailing a bit, TBH. It's probably some combination of getting so close to finally winning the game and people threatening to screw it up even though it doesn't even concern them, my habitual desire to yell at inconsistencies, and the fact that this is my last game on site for a while.

I appreciate the tip, BTW, however my incapacity to sign into my account is my own. I changed my password to a google chrome suggested password and then had google chrome forget it. I will do the same with this account when this game is done. If I ever need to log back into these accounts, I'll just use the "forgot my password" links, but I have no intention of doing that. I have every intention of this being the last game I play on site.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Whatever. I really just hate the whole "everyone come at ML once they realize they're on death row" dig. I feel like I've put a lot more into this game than a majority of users, I've been consistently pro-town and I'm proud of my play. If you lynch me I'll be pissed and then I'll move on with my life

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”