farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:46 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm torn. Reading back on DBE she kept up the PR from the beginning. Spryx caught on and suspected what she might claim. The fact that 2 other people have a PR and know what will happen if they break that PR gives me strong doubts against DBE.
I agree with Mirth about IM. Also many others haven't weighed in which also concerns me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

I also find Bruce's claim to still not have found anything worth talking about really, really hard to believe. He seems happy enough to pipe up when people are asking him direct questions, but is contributing nothing otherwise. Silliness and suspiciousness are all around us, Bruce, surely you have some thoughts on which of your fellow players seem dodgiest?
Lord Bruce, I hope you're talking about DBE and not me? You use a he, and I'm hoping thats a typo. :P
Certainly, I don't think we should rush to a quick lynch of Bruce when several other players still have significant questions to answer, such as the issues around Bruce's partial role claim. His latest post, voting without reading in detail and without addressing the questions he's been asked, is very suspect, and he really needs to address the roleclaim questions one way or another.
Yes, I still want more information from Ironman. Very, very much so.
I also wonder whether (and again this may be bad tactics so don't hesitate to tell me if this is a silly idea) rather than lynch Bruce today and then lynch Bruce tomorrow if Bruce does turn out to be telling the truth about her role, we might be able to find out more if we let them both live tonight? It seems handy to know that we have another maf already in our sights if we can find a different maf to lynch today. (Don't get me wrong: if we decide to lynch one or the other of them, I definitely agree that Bruce is the one to lynch first, I don't think it's a 50-50 call by any means.)
My only problem with this is that, personally, I think DBE is telling the truth about her "ability" just not her "name" and "alignment". She could call out her roleblock and I think it'll go through. However, with the other inconsistencies I don't think she's town.

I know I've got a bad case of reading today but, Imaginality, do you KNOW
specifically
what will happen if you break your PR? This is important to me. It should be obvious, but if LG KNOWS what happens if he screws up his albatrossing but DBE doesn't know with her conditional PR, thats one more nail in the coffin.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Mirth »

He said he'd get modkilled if he screwed up more than thrice per day or tried to cheat his restriction.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

Thank you!

Its the weekend, I'm bad at reading. :P

So, that's another part of it right there.

1.) Claiming the same character with different abilities.
2.) Having a different mod-set for your PR.
3.) (Personally) the not-PR insults you've been throwing towards the town if you're lynched.

I dont think scum have fakeclaims and DBE picked what, obviously, would make sense for a roleblocker.

Ma vote is staying where it is.

As an aisde, I'd still like some explanation from Ironman and Chenshi sure hasn't slipped under the radar (he's got enough experience in general to not be playing the confused card) and Luigi as well.

TO THE GALLOWS
Show

Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 am

Post by chenhsi »

I have experience?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hey all. had some relatives drop by so I'll save some of the research I wanted to do for later.

The first paragraph SpyreX quoted from imaginality I think is about some lurker in general. Chen I think. It don't think it was pretining to DBE or spyreX.

PR penalty notes:

Imagininality said he gets 3 strikes per day or he's out! Modkill!
Lord Gurgi said his penality was lost night action.
DBE said she got a cryptic warning.

DBE could you clarify something for me? You said you have to insult people at different times. Do the insults only come when they ask you something or must they come constantly in your posts?

And Elvis could you answer the questions in this post from early?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 89#1150089

Other comments I'll make at this time Ironman should definatly be looked at for obv reasons others have brought up. I don't want him to claim more of his role I want him to read the thread when he votes.

This comment is something relevant that I will ponder. Since it is a valid point in respect to what risks are worth taking.
imaginality wrote:One question I have about that, which maybe someone with more experience can answer: is it normal for scum to (effectively) come out with their fake-claim so early on? The reason I ask is that to anyone with a bit of knowledge of Monty Python it was very obvious from very early on what character Bruce was appearing to be, due to her continual colourful insults.
That seems like a pretty big risk for scum to take when there's a decent chance another player might have that role?
It also makes me a little curious as to why Bruce didn't pressure her and/or counterclaim earlier.
And also I rarely see scum anxious to claim anything. Fake or otherwise unless they are close to victory or can gain something else really big. That or they are in great danger of their own death. Darla wasn't in imediate danger when this all began. She was not yet in the light until she made this post:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Chenshi,

You've really got to post some content. I'm glad you're posting, but you're still just acting like "I'm confused" and not really doing much. It's why I've got my vote on you and its why its staying there for now.
I endorse this product or service.
As far as keeping both alive goes I am not one to consider such ideas. We should lynch scum. If it is later determined they are both town by some means of discussion perhaps I'll change my mind, but I highly doubt they're both town for many reasons.
1) inconsitances and issues I see with Darla's PR
2) same name with different power
3) same guard showcased as most important guard
I'd think at the very least you'd see some distinction that showed another guard or something.

Something else I should say. In Doctor Who Mafia 2
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6617
The SK and cult recruiter had safe claims while the mafia did not. there are insane numbers of characters in Doctor Who. There are insane numbers of sketches in monty python. Scum having safe claims or not isn't something we should dwell on at this moment since them finding a character no one else has shouldn't be incredibly dificult.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

I have experience?
I just did a search of your name:

Monty Python
Polygamist Mafia
Freelancer Mafia
Science Mafia
Mini 624
Mini 621
Haunted Mansion
Deadly Game Show
Vending Machine
Mini 626
Newbie 641

I dont even think that's all of them.
Look at my stats. YES, you have experience. Far more than enough for this kind of play to set my radar off. If it wasn't for the fact DBE has either gotten herself mod-screwed (which I doubt) or IS scum I'd be voting for you in a heartbeat and that kind of reply doesn't make me feel like I'd be wrong about it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:02 am

Post by chenhsi »

And all of them are in Day 1.

I have only finished 1 game...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

Same here. That's no excuse.
Show

Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:04 am

Post by chenhsi »

Oh yeah, Haunted Mansion, Deadly Game Show, and Vending Machine aren't mafia games.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

If you cant see the point of what I'm getting at, you're only reinforcing my belief you are scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:05 am

Post by chenhsi »

I get your point, I'm just arguing that I don't have more experience than you.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't say you had more than me, just that you have enough to have opinions. No matter how you chuck it, you do have more than I do, but that really isn't the point.

The fact is you haven't provided anything this game and that's starting to irk me because you're obviously not lurking.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Mirth »

Chenhsi, you continuing to not play is not going to make my vote go away.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

PokerFace wrote:H

DBE could you clarify something for me? You said you have to insult people at different times. Do the insults only come when they ask you something or must they come constantly in your posts?
I must explicitly insult when asked a question and do my best to avoid giving and sort of real answer, I have to be generally annoying and insult people other wise, in conjunction with my role, of making the person target me instead because I am taunting them so much.

and my claim was only because my PR was getting me into some hotwater, with the votes on me I am now able to contribute more to the discussion, and wanted to inform you all of why i had been being so dodgy.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

You just answered that question clearly and without insult though.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:41 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

because i have votes one me, which nullifies my PR.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:17 am

Post by SpyreX »

You have a PR where you cant answer questions, but how does that stop you from delivering your own content?
Show

Proud member of BaM
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by killa seven »

vote chenhsi

Discuss.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Mirth »

killa seven wrote:
vote chenhsi

Discuss.
How about you actually discuss something yourself for a change?
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Azimuth »

Just wanted to say that I'm definitely not lurking; I just took a day off, and it has taken me much of today trying to catch up. You will find that I enjoy taking a day off now and then, but whew! Who knew there'd be a posting avalanche the same day?

Unvote
first, because Luigi has explained himself adequately for now.

Regarding our purported French Taunters: if one is lying and one is not, I suppose I am more inclined to believe SpyreX because his explanation of his role seems more complete, plus the constant breadcrumbing followed by an unsolicited role/PR reveal on the part of DarlaBlueEyes seems a little too contrived. Why bother to reveal that much at all? Certainly there was not much suspicion of DBE before.

I suppose it is possible that all of this was staged, and they are both mafia, using this as a way to distance one from the other. In that case DBE would still make a good lynch choice, though for now I don't want to put her at L-2 in case there is disagreement from others.

If, however, neither of them are mafia, and our moderator has simply given them the same role in a fit of mischief, it might be appropriate to say, "You bastardmod! You vicious, heartless bastardmod! Look what you've done to them!" I would never say something like that, though... :wink:

I don't like what chenhsi is doing either. I could easily place a vote for him if he doesn't start doing something constructive. Probably goes for killa seven too, though he is newer.

Also, JordanA24 has seemed to "Run awayyyy!" from this game; I would think he's been at least prodded by now?

Meanwhile, I will have much work to do elsewhere for six days beginning Monday; I may still be able to post minimally, but no long essays from me. Since this game is large, I will try extra hard to keep up with reading it so that I won't take all of next weekend catching up.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

K7,

If you're going to participate in this game, you better participate. We've got one Chenshi, we dont need another.
Show

Proud member of BaM
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Sorry I forgot about this:
PokerFace wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Wouldn't you agree that faking a posting restriction is scummy? For some people who really have a restriction, adding to confusion is not their fault. If the restriction is faked, they are adding to the confusion on purpose. And that's scummy.
I am still not buying Darla's. It feels way too much like an excuse now. I want to know her answer to mirth's question. I'm curious to what spre thought the post restriction was before it was "explained". Tell me, elvis, what did you think of the use of the word bruce in posts 271-274 by people who weren't imaginality?
I think the use of the word Bruce in those posts was a joke. It probably did add to the confusion of the game is therefor sorta scummy, but I don't think it's on the same level as the backwards post. We all already knew and understood the Bruce madness, so it didn't really complicate the game. The backwards post was out of nowhere with no explanation.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Don't apoligize. I forgot about it completely aswell when this claim war began. That is the answer, I rather expected. I wanted to see what kind of distinction you were drawing there and I'm betting that may be the distinction alot of user's made. Something else I wanted to look at was whether luigi explicity said he was confused in general to the day and not just to the linking. Did I miss him explicitly saying that or did other players just say that?

Discuss.
Well either
A
)

You really think chenhsi is scum which could make you a hippocrit pending your reasoning and why you'd lynch him over someone involved in the claim war.

B
)

You are trying to create/fuel a distraction from the Claim war.

Silly
)

You are trying to metaphorically say that would be a distraction

More Silly
)

You are trying to show us chenhsi is not the only one lurking. And show us you are also lurking, so we should look at and discuss you both

Or Even More Sillier
)

You are metaphorically trying to show us chenhsi is not the only one lurking. Show us you are also lurking and that the only reason we are discussing the both of you is because you came and posted with little to say, which ironically is why some of us began to look at darla.

In general you just made my brain hurt.
@chenhsi and Killa7,
what do you two guys think of the recent claim vs claim situation that has been going on? Who do you believe is town and/or scum and why? Do you think it is possible both are scum? Do you think its possible both are town?

Pending on what comes up today (in RL and in the game) I may go into Strappado's earlier comments. I am not saying she is the lynch today just that I wanted to comment on her much earlier and just never got around to it since I was busy considering other stuff. Perhaps I'll wait until a time she is the best lynch to discuss it. Since i could be wrong about her in hindsight and I'd hate to distract things.

See you guys later.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:15 am

Post by The Internet »

I'm back, and after reading over what I missed, I'm more inclined to believe SpyreX for the reasons state above, namely that he countered with a way of testing it. I find DBE's defence to be hastily constructed and inadequate, but we must ask why he claimed. It's possible that he is scum, but it is also he was trying to his real role. I'm not going to vote, for fear of the wagon going to fast, but Darla, if you are going to confess to something, do it now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”