farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:11 am

Post by farside22 »

All this talk about story's brings me to a wonderful story I heard about a guy from Nantucket.
There once was a man from Nantucket....
Oh wait this is a family game, nevermind that story.

vote count

Doktor Per 2 votes: (Light-Kun,Greasy Spot)
Lord Gurgi 3 votes: (icemaneE, Cephrir, Gatekeeper)

Not voting:

thinktank
Killa Seven
Lord Gurgi
Doktor Per

9 people means 5 votes for a lynch.

Deadline is July 14th 10:00pm PST

I may extend the deadline do to the replacement issue and Thinktank's absent. I will see as the week goes on.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Gatekeeper »

I'm here.....I know I don't talk much....just that I really don't have anything to say.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by killa seven »

^ im sure you can think of something.

anyways im liking the defense by LG since replacing rs, ima re read a few things then vote. cheers
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Cephrir, you specifically said you don't want anyone lynched other than DP, and also say that you need DP lynched before you could decide about SC. Then you proceeded to push the SC lynch.
That's because I realized that the reverse applied as well. Lynching SC would tell me just as much about DP as vice versa.
Also, would you mind giving your definition of a 'quick wagon vote'?
A quick wagon vote is a vote on someone who has amassed a lot of votes pretty quickly, comes in the later stages of a wagon, and seems like it's just waggoning for the sake of waggoning (or for pushing a town-aligned player to claim), without any reasoning like "because I agree with X's case" or something. A quick wagon vote is not always scummy; it depends on the context, and there's no blanket definition, much as I've tried to supply one. The entire DP wagon today seems awful to me, I think the scum are trying to get a lynch on him soon because he's fading as a general suspect, if you know what I mean, and it seems like if he doesn't get lynched soon it might never happen. As such, I view quick votes on that wagon (which applies to both RS and Gatekeeper) more suspicious than I might others.

Also, any responses to what I said in 240?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Cephrir wrote:Oh, sarcasm. Nevermind then. Also, stop reading everything I do as scummy when it could just as easily not be. I hate it when people do this. Sometimes someone just gets it in their head that X is scum, and then everything X does starts having an ulterior motive. So, yeah.
I am not, I just think you have seemed slightly more scummy than town.
It is a bit in my head that Dok is playing us for newb and is scum on an alt.
Still, I can let this interfere with my play.

Anyway, cephrir, what did you get from the SC lynch about Dok? If you got Dok is mafia, care to explain your reasoning?
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

Light-kun wrote:Anyway, cephrir, what did you get from the SC lynch about Dok? If you got Dok is mafia, care to explain your reasoning?
This is quite silly, since he's quite obviously voting for a different person. Feel free to stop obsessing over me anytime soon, mkay? :)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Light-kun wrote:
Cephrir wrote:Oh, sarcasm. Nevermind then. Also, stop reading everything I do as scummy when it could just as easily not be. I hate it when people do this. Sometimes someone just gets it in their head that X is scum, and then everything X does starts having an ulterior motive. So, yeah.
I am not, I just think you have seemed slightly more scummy than town.
It is a bit in my head that Dok is playing us for newb and is scum on an alt.
Still, I can let this interfere with my play.
You say I've seemed slightly scummy... how so then? Also, I highly doubt DP is actually an experienced player =/

Anyway, cephrir, what did you get from the SC lynch about Dok? If you got Dok is mafia, care to explain your reasoning?
It turned out to be a null-tell. If SC had been scum, I would suspect DP right now.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Light-kun »

Okay then...
I doubt Dok is experienced, but it is a possibility.

I will reread a spot you seemed a little scummy to point it out Not exactly, omg you are scum, but slightly antitown. @work, sorry...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going to be out most of today, I see Iceman needs a prod. Don't forget deadline is this Monday!!!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Doktor Per »

I'm going to come out of nowhere with this, but

Vote: IcemanE

Now, if you quote anything by IcemanE, you'll be quick to realize that there is little to nothing there to criticize. Well, exactly my point good reader, his playstyle during this entire game has been that of keeping it safe, following town consensus and anything else to remain active and under the radar without being too suspiciously under the radar as to warrant a scummy lurk.

IcemanE seems to be quite intelligent and I will gladly give him that, but things come down to this: He is lynch happy, he is a small presence in the game and he plays things very safe, almost methodically so. Now, IcemanE I do by no means try to insult you with this, instead, I wish you to take this as a compliment of the highest caliber, and wear it proudly. Though you should probably refute it all the same since as flattering as it is, it does not bode well for you in game.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I like this post by Dok, actually.

We have a deadline of Monday, so anyone have a suggestion for a lynch?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Light-kun »

And I noticed the Icemane, but until Ice responds, I am not voting or commenting.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm not liking that 2/3 of my votes are from lurkers. I'm not entirely sure who to vote, but if we could have some contribution from say
half the people in the game
we might get something done today.

Sorry, just a bit annoyed that I'm up for lynch, 2/3 from lurkers.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Unvote

Forgot to do that.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by icemanE »

I apologize for being inactive, I've got some time for a post now.
Cephir wrote: Also, I highly doubt DP is actually an experienced player =/
I agree, he genuinely seems to be new to the game. I see no reason to suspect he's an experienced player taking us for a ride, I think he'd be more obvious if that were the case. I'm not sure of his alignment at this stage, but I wouldn't advocate a Dok lynch today, from what I've seen.

Obviously I have to address this:
Dok wrote: Vote: IcemanE
I appreciate the compliment (sounds weird in this context, I know), but your points against me essentially add up to me being protown, so I'm not sure how to argue them - I've been protown, so I suppose I agree. "Too protown" seems to be the accusation you make, which I could understand in a setup with strange rules (for example, another game I'm playing in with two scumteams) but I don't feel I should stop being protown to dodge suspicion.
Dok wrote: his playstyle during this entire game has been that of keeping it safe, following town consensus and anything else to remain active and under the radar without being too suspiciously under the radar as to warrant a scummy lurk.
I have to say, though, that as a member of the town it IS a good idea to attempt to be protown while simultaneously acting as least scummy as possible.
Light wrote: We have a deadline of Monday, so anyone have a suggestion for a lynch?
I am sticking to RS/LG today. Lord has certainly done better than his predecessor but I haven't seen enough to warrant a withdrawal of my vote.
I'm not entirely sure who to vote, but if we could have some contribution from say half the people in the game we might get something done today.
I apologize for not contributing recently, I've been busy.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm going to risk sounding angry and ask that you at least tell me what you found scummy about RS. At least give me the chance to use the next 48 hours to defend myself.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by icemanE »

Post 218 explains my reason.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:51 am

Post by farside22 »

I thought about the replacement issue and thinktanks absence. I will extend the deadline till Friday
New deadline Friday July 18th 12:00pm PST
Last edited by farside22 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

I wouldn't say Dok's case adds up to "Iceman is protown" but it doesn't make him scum. I am really not sure if I actually want to lynch RS/LG today, but I
think
so.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:11 am

Post by thinktank »

Its good that we've gotten the extension. We really don't want to "force" a lynch because of the deadline with not much of a consensus on who is scum.

Iceman quick question: After going through Day 2 posts, it seems that you change your vote quite a lot. More precisely you've changed it three times during this day already. Could you explain that?
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Light-kun »

Hm... I dunno. I see Icemane as more town than scum, at the moment.

Ice, care to make a case on RS/LG so LG can try to defend himself, and so I see what you are talking about?

*I will try to get a read through in asap, but I am getting busy over the next two weeks.*
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:26 am

Post by icemanE »

Iceman quick question: After going through Day 2 posts, it seems that you change your vote quite a lot. More precisely you've changed it three times during this day already. Could you explain that?
Voted gatekeeper by mistake, changed it to RS.
Ice, care to make a case on RS/LG so LG can try to defend himself, and so I see what you are talking about?
If I find the time I can, sure.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Proding Gate Keeper who hasn't posted since 07/10. Please let me know if people need to be proded. I will be moding 2 game very soon and might miss people not posting.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 am

Post by thinktank »

Mod: Could you please prod Greasy Spot. He hasn't posted since 07/10 either.

Done!
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I'm here. Hasn't changed much but let me read a little.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”