ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:39 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

As of now, I honestly don't care if my defense does anything for you. If you don't believe it, then lynch a townie for making a joke. Obviously no one else has done anything else that is
quite
that scummy.

Anyways, as for my re-ready on EA. Looking over just his posts, which I recommend some of you do, he has a total of six. Six posts while the rest of us are ten pages in? And looking over the content of his posts, here's a run down.

Post 1.) His 'random' vote, nothing to special.

Post 2.) Adds a question toward Chen, pushing further suspicion to him.

Post 3.) Gives Hachal and myself an FoS because we are suspicious of the sudden wagon on Chen. He also comments on Guzame acting scummy but doesn't apply any pressure to him.

Post 4.) Attempts to defend the mass of votes on Chen by saying that the votes "don't necessarily mean that those voting Chen want him lynched that day."
I don't believe this. None of the votes for chenhsi resemble "We should seriously consider killing this person today" in the least.
Post 5.) Comments on the Reborn wagon without adding anything to the conversation. He then continues to say he has no reason to shift his vote.

Post 6.) Asks for a prod, comments on the Lowell/Yos back and forth, asks Farkshinsoup a question and then once again confirms his vote.

In each of these posts he does his best to do the least hunting he has to do to keep off of peoples radars while trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. He rarely adds anything significant and merely continues to push his vote on me. It seems to me that he is posting to make it seem like he isn't lurking and I find that scummy.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:41 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

EBWOP:
Vote: Erratus Apathos
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Lowell wrote:Okay, you guys are right.
unvote, vote clockwork
. Nothing about his defense does anything for me.

FOS Yos
. I'm still convinced he's scum. He's different than in other games I've played with him.
Maybe, but that's a really weak case that doesn't do anything for those of us who have never played with him before.

I still like chenhsi as our play. He is so totally lurking, and not doing so in the other game I am with him in.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Looking for a replacement for Quagmire..
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

ClockworkRuse wrote:Anyways, as for my re-ready on EA. Looking over just his posts, which I recommend some of you do, he has a total of six. Six posts while the rest of us are ten pages in?
post count = penis length
ClockworkRuse wrote:In each of these posts he does his best to do the least hunting he has to do to keep off of peoples radars while trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. He rarely adds anything significant and merely continues to push his vote on me. It seems to me that he is posting to make it seem like he isn't lurking and I find that scummy.
How often do you write fiction?
Do you want your possessions identified?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Wow, some of you guys are just so presumptuous and arrogant in your attack/defences.

Lowell - Yos = scum, trust me, I don't have to make an argument.
Yos - Lowell makes terrible argument that pisses me off, but I won't do anything about it because that's below me.
EA - ClockworkRuse makes a decent argument against me so I will just call it rubbish and that'll be the end of it.

Seriously guys, let's play mafia, not Egos@War.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

reborn537 wrote:Wow, some of you guys are just so presumptuous and arrogant in your attack/defences.

Lowell - Yos = scum, trust me, I don't have to make an argument.
Yos - Lowell makes terrible argument that pisses me off, but I won't do anything about it because that's below me.
Huh? I responded in full to Lowell's arguments.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Yeah, I suppose that's true. There's just something about the way you refuse to try and get people on your side. "I'm not going to endear myself to anyone" or whatever. We are supposed to be working together you know. I'm just trying to crack a few skulls as it doesn't seem like people are really trying (although maybe my awesome day 1 roleclaim is partly to blame).
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:Anyways, as for my re-ready on EA. Looking over just his posts, which I recommend some of you do, he has a total of six. Six posts while the rest of us are ten pages in?
post count = penis length
ClockworkRuse wrote:In each of these posts he does his best to do the least hunting he has to do to keep off of peoples radars while trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. He rarely adds anything significant and merely continues to push his vote on me. It seems to me that he is posting to make it seem like he isn't lurking and I find that scummy.
How often do you write fiction?
About as often as you make a helpful post.

So that must mean I'm telling the truth, eh?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

reborn537 wrote:Yeah, I suppose that's true. There's just something about the way you refuse to try and get people on your side. "I'm not going to endear myself to anyone" or whatever. We are supposed to be working together you know. I'm just trying to crack a few skulls as it doesn't seem like people are really trying (although maybe my awesome day 1 roleclaim is partly to blame).
Meh. Trying to get people on your side on day 1 is more of a scum tactic, I think. As town on day one, "gathering information" just seems much more important then "getting people to follow me". In fact, if I was "trying to get you on my side", that would be a legitimate reason to vote me. At this point, I'm much more interested in continuing to poke at people and gage their reactions then at trying to win anyone "over to my side".
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Adel replaces Quagmire.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by clammy »

**Form post: Back from Vacation, have not caught up, (have no idea if i'm even alive!), just checking in for now. Will be looking over the game again shortly.**
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:I still like chenhsi as our play. He is so totally lurking, and not doing so in the other game I am with him in.
QFT, although I'm not going to change my vote. There's more than one scum.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:41 am

Post by reborn537 »

Yos - fair enough, I accept your point.

Farkin - ok, but I have no idea why you'd lynch ClockworkRuse as scum over chenhsi. I have a feeling that in a court of law if your argument was "He lied about something" and CR said "It was a joke" there would be an acquittal on grounds of Your Word Against His.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:Farkin - ok, but I have no idea why you'd lynch ClockworkRuse as scum over chenhsi. I have a feeling that in a court of law if your argument was "He lied about something" and CR said "It was a joke" there would be an acquittal on grounds of Your Word Against His.

Right, but this is not a court of law. It's a mafia game. No one has the presumption of innocence in here. Quite the opposite, actually. I assume everyone is guilty until they prove me otherwise.

Am I certain that reborn is scum? No, but I'll lynch him anyways. I feel he's a better candidate than chen because of his backtracking. There's also been some OMGUSing going on too, (He Fos'ed both me and EA right after we voted him, and now he's voted EA)

Lastly, I want to lynch scum every time I lynch, but I accept the fact that odds are that an innocent townie will sometimes be lynched instead. It's not the end of the world, though. If he's a townie, then he'll realize that his sacrifice may help us find the scum in later days.

Let's also remember that we can only lynch if we have a majority of votes by the deadline. I'd rather mislynch Clock than end up with a no lynch today.

To be honest, I think another couple of votes on Clock would be helpful. Then he can roleclaim before we lynch him, and if we hear something that makes us change our minds, we'll still have time to find someone else.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Adel »

Hi there, I heard there was an Ego War going on, so I enlisted right away.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:35 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
reborn wrote:Farkin - ok, but I have no idea why you'd lynch ClockworkRuse as scum over chenhsi. I have a feeling that in a court of law if your argument was "He lied about something" and CR said "It was a joke" there would be an acquittal on grounds of Your Word Against His.

Right, but this is not a court of law. It's a mafia game. No one has the presumption of innocence in here. Quite the opposite, actually. I assume everyone is guilty until they prove me otherwise.

Am I certain that reborn is scum? No, but I'll lynch him anyways. I feel he's a better candidate than chen because of his backtracking. There's also been some OMGUSing going on too, (He Fos'ed both me and EA right after we voted him, and now he's voted EA)

Lastly, I want to lynch scum every time I lynch, but I accept the fact that odds are that an innocent townie will sometimes be lynched instead. It's not the end of the world, though. If he's a townie, then he'll realize that his sacrifice may help us find the scum in later days.

Let's also remember that we can only lynch if we have a majority of votes by the deadline. I'd rather mislynch Clock than end up with a no lynch today.

To be honest, I think another couple of votes on Clock would be helpful. Then he can roleclaim before we lynch him, and if we hear something that makes us change our minds, we'll still have time to find someone else.
There are four votes on me already, a couple of votes isn't going to add much pressure at all. If you want me to role claim, then go ahead and ask.

Yeah, I did give you an FoS. I believe I explained why I did too. If I was in your place I wouldn't be pushing such a weak case to a lynch. At the same time, EA is
much
scummier then you. You've been actively scum hunting, making posts that help the town, but the fact that the case your pushing is for a joke it asinine. There is no way for me to prove to you that it was a joke or not, there is no argument I can make for myself to prove it. There is no way for me to defend myself because you think I've lied.

My case and vote against EA were justified, do you not believe so? I found him suspicious because every post he makes seems to just to say "I'm alive and I know what's going on! Though I have only a comment here or there!" From my re-read, he makes it seems like he's hunting but never follows through with it, posts the minimal amount, and is trying to stay out of everyone's way. His defense only made me that much more sure of my vote when all he could say was "lol", basically.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Am I certain that reborn is scum? No, but I'll lynch him anyways. I feel he's a better candidate than chen because of his backtracking. There's also been some OMGUSing going on too, (He Fos'ed both me and EA right after we voted him, and now he's voted EA)

I really don't like that you've accidently put my name instead of Clock's. It doesn't make me think you're scum, it just makes me uncomfortable.

On a more serious note - mislynching isn't better than no lynch, but the chance of getting a mafia rather than a mislynch makes it still worth it, over a no lynch.

Also, Adel, welcome to the game! I've read some of your games, they're pretty awesome.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:I really don't like that you've accidently put my name instead of Clock's. It doesn't make me think you're scum, it just makes me uncomfortable.
My bad. Obviously that should say "Clockwork", not "reborn". Sorry bout that.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Adel »

reborn537 wrote: Also, Adel, welcome to the game! I've read some of your games, they're pretty awesome.
Thanks!

@Yos2: why was Skruffs nk'd in dynamite mafia? Do you recall the process that led to that decision?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Adel wrote:
reborn537 wrote: Also, Adel, welcome to the game! I've read some of your games, they're pretty awesome.
Thanks!

@Yos2: why was Skruffs nk'd in dynamite mafia? Do you recall the process that led to that decision?
Well, he looked rather pro-town and was therefore not likely to get blown up, and suspected both me and Elvis, and he's a very agressive townie who I would have thought would be likely to just randomally blow up either me or Elvis suddenly, out of the blue, with little or no warning, even if no one else agreed with him. Basically, he seemed like the biggest threat to us in that kind of game at that moment.

Any specific reason you're asking that question in this thread instead of, say, in that post-game discussion or in mafia discussion or something, Adel?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Adel »

meh, immediately before he was nk'd, I blew myself up (proving my townie alignment) and I felt that you may have killed him off to discredit the post where I fingered you and him. I was probably flattering myself.

I spent the rest of the game as a spectator, convinced you were scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Neah, people don't tend to focus a whole lot on the arguments of dead townies for some reason. Besides, if anything, that would have been a negitive for killing Skruffs; instead of "Adel though these two people were scum", and pressure on both of us for it, it would have been more focus on "Adel thought Yos was scum". But in a game like that with individual kills, the scum just didn't have as much room for WIFOM and mindgames as usual; we basically had to kill first those who were going to kill us later. At least, that was my thinking.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on *this* game, Adel? And again, is there any specific reason you're bringing up that game in this thread? I can think of a couple of different stratigic reasons why you might be doing so, some of which would not reflect well on your alignment in this game.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by goborage »

Chenhsi hasn't made a post in a week but is active in his other games.

Mod: Can you prod Chenhsi or better yet, replace him?

Anyways I agree with CR's point that EA isn't putting that much into this game.

@ EA: You made this post earlier -
EA wrote:Chen: why are you vote-hopping?
So did you get a satisfactory response? What do you think of the Chenhsi wagon?
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by Adel »

Yosarian2 wrote:I can think of a couple of different stratigic reasons why you might be doing so, some of which would not reflect well on your alignment in this game.
be my guest.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”