MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

Please RC stop.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:05 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 3076, Iconeum wrote:Only this is pretty much RC to the heart. If you (we in general) lynch him here for causing chaos, then we'd have to do that every single game he's in. Because this is RC. He does this.

And I'm not fully convinced you actually scumread him.
I mean your own top townread supposedly

Has pointed out to you you're pushing me for things you know to be NAI and that he isn't sure you actually believe it

Which funnily enough is the core of my original case on you, that you simply do not believe that my play here is scum and Enter is no longer on your team to push a policy lynch on me. People you townread have later ended up agreeing with basically all of the points I made against scum you that you still vaguely call misrepresentations without citing specifically.

You are scum, bad duck no breadcrumbs.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:05 am

In post 3150, MathBlade wrote:Please RC stop.
Are you familiar with the book Ender's Game?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

A little. Fail to see the relation here.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:14 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Anything posted between TW/RC since people actually started voting in the 1v1 should be disregarded until a flip happens. That is all.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3152, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3150, MathBlade wrote:Please RC stop.
Are you familiar with the book Ender's Game?
you realize that the book presented the 'win at all costs' mentality as being unhealthy and dangerous, right?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

also tw i hope everything is going ok in ur life rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:23 am

Love you as well Duck.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:31 am

Post by teacher »

VOTE: tw

Quack
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:33 am

Post by implosion »

I'm in class for another ~hour and a half. Flip and night start will come afterward.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: eulogy for a glass trombonist

Vote Count 1.23 (FINAL)
the worst
(7): tris, skitter30, RadiantCowbells, Plum, MathBlade, Flopz, teacher
Aristophanes
(2): Bellaphant, Iconeum
RadiantCowbells
(2): Xtoxm, the worst
Plum
(1): RCEnigma

Not voting (1): Aristophanes

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to end the day.
Deadline is set to two weeks from day start, in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by implosion »

the worst has been lynched on day one. He was:
Spoiler: Flip
A
Vanilla Townie

Night actions are due 48 hours from now at 3:30 PM PST on Wednesday, in (expired on 2020-01-15 19:30:00). Please PM me all night actions.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: osprey penumbra

Nobody died on night one.

It is now day two. Deadline is set for 4 PM PST on the 29th, in (expired on 2020-01-29 20:00:00).
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am dealing with Car Stuff

I know everyone is likely pissed at RC but please don’t turbo lynch him while I am getting my car. Thanks!

Whoever is a doc/jailkeep/etc thanks for saving someone. You probably have a guilty or inno.

Back later peoples.

Gut says Ari+Plum+Deep wolf like maybe skitter?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh and RC results and cooperation please.

If you try to take over today I will not stop the turbo lynch coming your way.

If I wasn’t town I would give 0 fucks right now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:20 pm

I had a negative result and don't think there is any gain from sharing it.
Think that there's a reasonably high probability that scum simply elected not to kill to make sure I couldn't get a guilty before I was lynched today.
(and before someone says that would add credence to my claim, no not really because someone who scumreads me is going to point that out and say it's scum me trying to spew town)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm

It's your decision collectively.
I thought that there was no possibility that TW would threaten to policy lynch me, repeatedly vote my townreads, and call NSG's reads bad then call me out for trying to tilt him out of the game
I also thought that there was no possibility that TW would make the post he did about my retaining information when, like, I've demonstrated repeatedly across games that that's just a skill I have
accusing it of being pre-written felt like a way to pre-emptively discriminate the fact that it was generally, like, a towny thought process and I still feel like my reasons to tie TW/Ari were very objectively reasonable
He also just, like, blatantly lied? I had voted multiple people, his big talking point was I was going after him and he literally had to drag me back to him when my stress with the situation in general made me vote elsewhere.
he was simultaneously using me not voting him against me in the sense of "oh RC is only trying to go after me" then turning around when I do vote him and saying "RC doesn't care about going after anyone else"

In the end I guess the only answer that adds up is that he just didn't care about the content of the game, his team just saw "play to win" in this sense as minimizing my input because I might be scum.
I'm going to not post further for at least a few days, I won't contest my lynch if that's what is happening because I am still extremely unhappy about this game but I also want to give reads so please don't actually lynch me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

First things first.

Your check is non negotiable.

You may find that useless but the inno may help. Or if someone stopped you from acting etc that would be a guilty.

Two your play was hella scummy. If you take the attitude of its the worst’s fault exclusively this will repeat any game you’re in. You need to stop thinking what you do is acceptable or people will succeed in policy lynching you more often. It is taking great restraint for me not to vote you for breaking MS meta and I townread you.

Third there is no way scum did not submit a kill. The end result was no kill but unless you’re going to say scum just quit playing for the two nights of data and didn’t submit that’s crap. There’s so many universal townreads that scum will be fucked.

VOTE: Aristophanes

Hey Ari you had two nights to catch up. Reads or die.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:52 pm

It's on Teacher. I don't think outing this did town any good. I also think it's a lot more likely than you do that scum no killed: me getting a guilty completely clusterfucks scum gameplan of leaving me alive.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:54 pm

I don't think my play was scummy at all, I think anyone who scumread me either then or now is objectively a bad player, I don't think I broke MS meta in any reasonable way, if you're going to keep trying to lord this over me you should just vote me.

Sorry if you were hoping to use this event to put me in my place but I really have no issues dying so you're not going to get anything out of threatening me with a lynch.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3168, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's on Teacher. I don't think outing this did town any good. I also think it's a lot more likely than you do that scum no killed: me getting a guilty completely clusterfucks scum gameplan of leaving me alive.
No Raybells. It doesn’t. I may be the only person who trusts you right now.

I am very certain scum would try to kill. Let’s call it a hunch k?

What do you make of Plum being willing to vote TW but not Ari yesterday?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3169, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think my play was scummy at all, I think anyone who scumread me either then or now is objectively a bad player, I don't think I broke MS meta in any reasonable way, if you're going to keep trying to lord this over me you should just vote me.

Sorry if you were hoping to use this event to put me in my place but I really have no issues dying so you're not going to get anything out of threatening me with a lynch.
*sigh* Yet again you miss the point.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm

I'm going to keep missing the point. You want to talk reads I'm happy to talk reads. I am down to a reasonably narrow set of possible scum atp and Plum/Ari are both in them and I see what you're seeing there on both.
I am reluctant to give my final reads at this time because I think it will give scum a lot of information on whether they should be trying to take the lynch on me or not.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2462, Plum wrote:Okay I'm going to be upfront about my current situation and how I see it

I had a very busy, tiring week at work last week and I will have similar this week. I can refresh the game in real time as much as I want but have no time during the day to get my thoughts together because I have to focus elsewhere and get up every minute or so to arrange things I'm working with. At night, I'm close to having to choose two out of three of sleep, eat, try to focus on Mafia

I can't follow the game and can scarcely focus because the conversation is dominated by a few voices and median and lower-volume posters are drowned out completely. For heavens sake, another version of tw vs. RC is
not
going to help me or anyone else read it better, RC. It will just make it harder for me and a bunch of others to read and be read and get a fucking handle on the game. I'm with skitter, the game makes me want to die inside every time I take a look at it.

As a relevant aside, RC, I
do
think you're more likely Town than not here and moreover I think you in general have charisma that I respond to very strongly. Like in Perfect Masquerade, I found myself sheeping all your cases because all your cases felt really really good to me. I keep feeling the same here, and hell, you may be right on a lot of your cases, but goddamn is it frustrating to feel a strong agreement with cases from the guy who is also actively destroying the gamestate

which is what you are doing

I WANT to read teacher and Ico and Bella and Flopz (hell, I'm really considering that backing off on him may have been straight up incorrect) and hell, I want to read ARI and tris too

but

I want to read them in an environment where I can FUCKING TELL whether their reads and positions are BS because they're scum with an agenda

and I can't do that because in this state I will not be able to tell that from them not knowing what the hell is going on and/or just not being integrated into the game like me because of the volume taken up by other people

it is actively preventing valuable reads from being formed on these players

f this
In post 2721, Plum wrote:Oh my gosh

Just let me drive home from work and get groceries without 7 pages appearing

I have to get up at 4 tomortow for work

I would love to have some input here but there's physically no way for me to play this game as things stand

VOTE: tw
Context for other people.

The game was unplayable in Plum’s rant yet doesn’t vote Ari the top wagon

Then says shorter game unplayable and votes TW.

This seems wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3172, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm going to keep missing the point. You want to talk reads I'm happy to talk reads. I am down to a reasonably narrow set of possible scum atp and Plum/Ari are both in them and I see what you're seeing there on both.
I am reluctant to give my final reads at this time because I think it will give scum a lot of information on whether they should be trying to take the lynch on me or not.
That’s where you should.

Because from that readslist people respond and reads happen.

Please stop denying shit. Your reads were off yesterday. The world doesn’t revolve around you.

Just be a normal player please.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”