nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1549, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 1545, nomnomnom wrote:why live coach when scums have a PT?
When Elems was going crazy I don't think he would be checking scum PT and I think a hypothetical partner would need to reach out to him in thread for him to stop.

Not saying it's the most likely right now just saying I shouldn't rule out the possibility completely like before.
that sounds like one hell of a stretch to me honestly and Fark has been acting like this with other people I believe which gave me a bad vibe initially.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Like, how clueless you need to be to think Elems need people baby-talking him that he needs to vote his strongest scum read instead of self-voting.

Also he self-voted in another game (where he was town) to generate discussion with a more actually level-headed approach akin to what Shoshin self-votes used to be, but here he only did to illustrate a point when his wagon picked up steam.

town!Elems isn't that dumb from what I'm seeing in his games.

scum!Elems definitely try to play the fool card more.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

I would be very interested like I said before in Elems linking any town game where he freaks out, refuses to play the game, don't have any read whatsoever etc

But like at the moment I'm not see'ing it on his town games.

I'm just seeing here an exageration of his scum traits and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to not just default that to scum.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

time to reread The Search I guess
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Uuuuh wew this game and The Search is a world of difference what am I missing here?

You took a vacation to toon land or what
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 81, Elements wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 184, Elements wrote:What's happened peeps? What are the important things I need to know?
I'm not sure there's anything more similar to the fluff you can see in his scum games than this. By this point we were discussing stuff about Espresso and Chennis had already done his puns but no reaction from Elems whatsoever?
In post 205, Elements wrote:VOTE: dave
In post 208, Elements wrote:someone give me a number
In post 212, Elements wrote:no one has given me a number yet
p-edit: what timing
He's again like, not really having any takes and this dave vote just comes 1 - 2 minutes after people call daves scum so...hmmm yeah?
In post 249, Elements wrote:VOTE: volpe
In post 255, Elements wrote:
In post 253, Volpe14 wrote:What do you think about cuddling and voting together for day 1 darling?
I was waiting for you to ask x
Who are we voting for?
In post 262, Elements wrote:I'm feeling like Farkran atm
Don't like how he came in claiming to be the king of read lists but has only done one so far
VOTE: Farkran
He apparently would be weirded out by chennis being playful but when I ask him for something he jokes about Fark entrance so...
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 1551, Volpe14 wrote:Like, how clueless you need to be to think Elems need people baby-talking him that he needs to vote his strongest scum read instead of self-voting.
That has nothing to do with coaching elements into voting his highest scumread but rather a not-so-subtle question about who was his highest scumread between nom and chennis.

Slightly disappointed by the answer, but chennis IS scummy on a surface level. If you don't look at internal consistency within his posts, chennis would probably be one of my highest scumreads too. He seems to be the player who favors gutreading and forming groups of preference, so to speak - forgive my vocabulary, i mean that players like chennis are very aware of whom they like and dislike, and tend to form both positive and negative reads on people based on that. It's one of the main reasons me and him will probably never meet eye to eye, but not a reason to scumread him, from my pov.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Don't forget that this is like...Team Mafia.

I think even Element would say "oh wow team mafia, let's play it!" so even if he didn't care about winning I think town!him would be at least a bit more eager to read the game and have some takes on it but like, he clearly didn't compared to what you can see in town!him.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1556, Farkran wrote:Slightly disappointed by the answer, but chennis IS scummy on a surface level. If you don't look at internal consistency within his posts, chennis would probably be one of my highest scumreads too.
I'm not really town reading Chennis as hard

Actually I think I'm more like...he's just ok for now

I think I'm too out of touch with chennis new meta because I remember him being a cute lovable spam posting pichu so I was starting to think this was probably outside of his scum range but...

hmmm not sure anymore

I'm not really looking at Chennis now though. Elems/Nomnom is more interesting
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

My take on elements is that he can have around 24 hours or so of time to actually attempt to play the game and if he doesn't bother or comes out with anything close to that half-assed then he can die in an enormous fireball. If he does attempt to seriously play the game then I'll re-evaluate then.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by davesaz »

Volpe, what was your
first
not null read on GiF and nom? Not your reads now, but the first thing you thought of that wasn't null.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 1557, Volpe14 wrote:Don't forget that this is like...Team Mafia.

I think even Element would say "oh wow team mafia, let's play it!" so even if he didn't care about winning I think town!him would be at least a bit more eager to read the game and have some takes on it but like, he clearly didn't compared to what you can see in town!him.
I've seen people being very eager about games only to forget their existances literally 2 irl days after, without being actually busy irl (because they were posting elsewhere in these forums, not even games but stuff like speakeasy and whatnot), and letting themselves being force-replaced out. I made peace with the fact that people do not have the same amount of fun as i have when playing the game, and lowered my expectations a lot.

By the way your reasoning also applies to other people i've already mentioned several posts ago. Everyone of them should post more, but i currently have no reason to scumread any of them, although i never look at lurkers in a good way. Take volxen - he is in team with none other than nancy drew. Do you know how much of a pain the ass could ND be when she's in a team with you? I do. Volxen is probably getting prodded every 10 minutes for not posting. And he doesn't give a fuck.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Farkran »

Actually i have been a bit too harsh on volxen, i did not verify if he is having irl issues or not, his last posts on the forums is in this game so it's still plausible. Still, there are plenty of people who are not tryharding as i am and who should post more.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1560, davesaz wrote:Volpe, what was your
first
not null read on GiF and nom? Not your reads now, but the first thing you thought of that wasn't null.
I explicitly said to GiF that my town read on him is solely because of what we talked in the hood.

Nomnom was when she voted me and began to hysterically one-sided bash me

I'm really not sure why the fuck you're apparently looking at me yet to be fair because like, I think currently there's more interesting slots and I'm being very readable as at the present for you to go after things like this.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1562, Farkran wrote:Actually i have been a bit too harsh on volxen, i did not verify if he is having irl issues or not, his last posts on the forums is in this game so it's still plausible. Still, there are plenty of people who are not tryharding as i am and who should post more.
This isn't even about posting Fark is what they do when they come post

Even the lurks when they come around they post more useful stuff than Elems, and in his meta I think it's becoming clear that he does try to solve the game rather than just making puns, saying nonsense etc.

Therefore even if he didn't post much, when he posted especially in the beginning where there wasn't much to read/catch up, you would expect him to have any kind of minor take in the game as usual, but he didn't and kept it until I highlighted it on his A50 commentary.

(another recent town game of him, where he also does stuff):
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=80488&user_select[]=32224
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

@GiF I want your opinion on Elems afterwards and if you could get your team opinion on it too it would be cool
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 982, MariaR wrote:
In post 979, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Maria - why are you pushing Nomnom for town reading GIF, when Volpe has essentially lock town ridden GIF as scum off to victory for worse reasons?
I'm not pushing nom. I'm calling noms reasoning stupid for townreading Gif. If Vope did the same thing I probably skipped it cause lol Vope.
Posting to have this in my ISO
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Farkran »

I'm trying to recollect myself about my scumcase against nom, asking myself why nobody noticed it

I could understand people adverse to logic-based reasoning not thinking of it as a solid scumcase, but why did literally nobody catch that whereas my team immediately did? I feel like a player with the profile of maria should have, for instance.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Fark no one here really relies too much in the hard logic you rely on

Older players have a more similar playerstyle like you, very logic oriented and etc but nowadays the site as a whole is much more based on tonal reads and the like

MariaR definitely wouldn't rely on logical fallacies for her reads I think?
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Honestly I kind of did myself a logical fallacy since I said

1) I would intentionally play different than my past scum games in this game if I was scum

2) I said that people should town lean me because of the sheer contrast with my past scum games

and like, I'm actually town and it makes sense but you need to look in the underlines

What I meant is that I would play different but my play here so far is just too much for someone with scum win-con. I'm also a lot more frank and intellectually honest I think?

Then..yeah.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

If anything it's bothering me a lot that you're just ignoring the sheer contrast between Elements town games and him here

I think this is a lot, and I mean a lot really, closer to his scum game. He just felt more at easy on not doing completely anything here because it's a larger game and people weren't looking at him
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Farkran »

Don't want to start a conversation on mafia theory, but what you just mentioned is a very abstract logical fallacy, and one which is very subject to wifom, bias and your individual ability to actually perform what you say you would, i don't think it's a good comparison.

I still think what nom did comes from a scum mindset TMIing her hoodmates, i can find no way around that. Perhaps i might want to hear some more towncases of nom.

@A50, you said skitter believes nom is town, can you recap her reasons here?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1553, nomnomnom wrote:time to reread The Search I guess
In post 1554, nomnomnom wrote:Uuuuh wew this game and The Search is a world of difference what am I missing here?

I think instead of that hard drive you should just highlight that this kind of seems like scum posting etc if you want her lynched to be honest
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1572, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 1553, nomnomnom wrote:time to reread The Search I guess
In post 1554, nomnomnom wrote:Uuuuh wew this game and The Search is a world of difference what am I missing here?

I think instead of that hard drive you should just highlight that this kind of seems like scum posting etc if you want her lynched to be honest
scum posting?

I swear you guys pull anything out of your ass and call it scum posting lol

I can't tell if it's bad play, bad faith, tunnel or what, but it's starting to get annoying.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 1570, Volpe14 wrote:If anything it's bothering me a lot that you're just ignoring the sheer contrast between Elements town games and him here

I think this is a lot, and I mean a lot really, closer to his scum game. He just felt more at easy on not doing completely anything here because it's a larger game and people weren't looking at him
Because i think there is a similar contrast between this and his scumgames too, where do you think i should look to see that his scumgame is similar to this? I did read your #1547, but did you notice that you only quoted posts below the count of 100? That's like... RVS or just out of it. Scroll down his ISO to see what i mean. Post 1365 is where he flips, 1340 is the hammer. Look around there to check the highest desperation potential.

post 1257 might be where scum!elements' desire to play the madman was born, but other than that there's no trace of madness in that game ISO.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”