Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Like, I really think that hard wagoning Elems isn't bad here

Look at his town games where he has more posts on page 8 than he has here, and actually have posts solving minor things at least. The difference really is evident.

I think scum!Elems just didn't feel like it was necessary for him to do something since the gamestate was apparently fine for him and hard coasted, the epitome of it prod dodging commenting about A50 fluff of all things (while he was active elsewhere)

But like, since he barely post/is noticed it's hard to lynch him right now...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm not feeling it right now sorry
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1373, Ankamius wrote:I think I need a break from the game for a while
In post 1376, Ankamius wrote:I'm not feeling it right now sorry
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1289, Farkran wrote:Gammagoey has improved in his latest couple posts, i'm willing to let this go for now, also because there are more pressing matters to discuss.

I have finally received a review on nom's slot from my team, verdict is scum. In particular we have been discussing about , which we agreed that never comes from a town mindset. i.e. why are you upset that your neighborhood is outed when you believe there's scum in it? If there were, it's obvious that it had been outed immediately in the scum PT. Given that nom was scumreading volpe first and was willing to investigate GIF after he finally confirmed the hood, it seems that both pushes come from a scum agenda rather than a deduction from the two slots' play. Getting rid of the player in team with RC is motive enough to have an agenda against him (sorry GIF, but this is a burden you have to carry regardless of whether you are a good player without RC or not); less so about volpe, but the general feeling is that either nom wanted to get rid of the one of the most (now uniquely the most) active players or that he wasn't interested in volpe at all and that vote was just bait for the town.

TL;DR
1. Nom's burst of rage about his hood being outed is NOT consistent with him scumreading either of his hoodmates for it. Outing the hood might be dumb, but absolutely NAI or perhaps even slightly townpoints for dumbness.
2. Even if that burst of rage was naively genuine, post implies that he has been townreading them up to that point. There's no way -from a coolheaded POV- you would think your hood would be protected if there is scum in it.

VOTE: nom we have him as pretty much confirmed scum.

Don't know yet where a nom redflip leaves FL, but it might be redeeming for Ank and pretty much conftowns the rest of nom's hood.
I disagree with this - I won't get into a huge amount of detail in case you want to hear more from nom but her playing as if her neighborhood is all town even if she suspects it's not doesn't really have a downside if she's wrong as far as I can tell, and I don't see why your 2nd point implies townreads rather than just frustration at having that attempt at playing that way ruined by GIF outing the neighborhood.
In post 1310, chennisden wrote:I think we should really focus on people who aren't brazenly scummy but more feel like they're playing from the sidelines

Dave and Elements are the poster kids of this
In post 1375, Volpe14 wrote:Like, I really think that hard wagoning Elems isn't bad here

Look at his town games where he has more posts on page 8 than he has here, and actually have posts solving minor things at least. The difference really is evident.

I think scum!Elems just didn't feel like it was necessary for him to do something since the gamestate was apparently fine for him and hard coasted, the epitome of it prod dodging commenting about A50 fluff of all things (while he was active elsewhere)
sounds fine to me
VOTE: Elements
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Ok I was lying, I actually thought that scum!ank would be more eager to try to make minor stuff at least when I hard asked for something but...

Hmm, should I town read that...

hmmm...
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

I still want to poke the lower posters sooner than later. It is usually the case that some scum are active and blending, while some take a back seat and watch while the more active layers tear each other apart. Usually the active scums are the ones with character and can produce content and even take some pressure without falling apart. The silent ones are the ones more prone to slip or break under pressure, so safer to keep quiet for as long as they can.

We can always come back to where each of us is right now in like 96 hours, but for the duration of those 96 hours we should all be trying to force the low posters to come play the game so we have a better idea on the whole thing not just the players in the spotlight.

Now can we build wagons on the silent ones with the threat that a wagon may actually lead to a lynch if they don't provide a good reason not to?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:00 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1357, davesaz wrote:
In post 1351, chennisden wrote:Also I really think we should look more into GiF because he also feels like he's avoiding playing the game
Without saying what you think it is, do you have any idea what I'm referring to, that GiF posted and that his reads are relevant to?
Wanna actually reply instead of continuing to shade?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1359, chennisden wrote:
In post 1357, davesaz wrote:
In post 1351, chennisden wrote:Also I really think we should look more into GiF because he also feels like he's avoiding playing the game
Without saying what you think it is, do you have any idea what I'm referring to, that GiF posted and that his reads are relevant to?
I think so
???
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am

Post by chennisden »

I did reply????
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Volpe14 »

UNVOTE:

I feel like if she's scum that was...slightly cheap

not really cheap but very slightly cheap hmm.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1380, Almost50 wrote:I still want to poke the lower posters sooner than later. It is usually the case that some scum are active and blending, while some take a back seat and watch while the more active layers tear each other apart. Usually the active scums are the ones with character and can produce content and even take some pressure without falling apart. The silent ones are the ones more prone to slip or break under pressure, so safer to keep quiet for as long as they can.

We can always come back to where each of us is right now in like 96 hours, but for the duration of those 96 hours we should all be trying to force the low posters to come play the game so we have a better idea on the whole thing not just the players in the spotlight.

Now can we build wagons on the silent ones with the threat that a wagon may actually lead to a lynch if they don't provide a good reason not to?
Elements wagon is right there so...???

He's like, objectively the most scummy lurker here especially considering his usual town meta contrast.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:03 am

Post by davesaz »

Sorry, I don't think the "new post" thing is pointing to the right place all the time. It's jumping me to a later point in the thread and skipping over stuff. :(
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Hmmm I think that if nomnom was scum together with Elems, he would have voted nomnom before for bus points?

I think it's slightly unlikely that Elems is partners with nomnom to be fair.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Volpe14 »

VOTE: Elements

Time to do some justice wagoning maybe

Nomnom what's your opinion on Ank last reaction?
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Volpe14 »

[Volpe] - Town
[A50, GiF, Ank??] - Likely town
[Vex, Chennis, Dave, Espresso, DeasVail, Dr EB] - nulltown
[Gamma, Volxen, Fark] - null
[Kuribo, Flavor, MariaR] - nullscum
[nomnom, Elems] - likely scum

Fark is on null now. I'm starting to get into this game again.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1368, Volpe14 wrote:The fact that early I think Fark was toning more down on Nomnom thing on the hood and that now he is like "this is a scumslip" makes my blood freeze.
I never toned down actually, i was just taking time to discern whether that read of nom was just me deathtunneling on a stupid detail or if it held any relevant value to a gamesolve, that's why i asked for a reality check from my team. I tried going down outer routes in the meanwhile, but i never backed off of nom ever since my 848. I didn't notice the logical fallacy before my 835, if that helps understanding where i come from.

Now i kinda feel i've tunneled again, but the fact that it's not just me, but also from people i can safely trust, makes me feel more confident on that.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1387, Volpe14 wrote:Hmmm I think that if nomnom was scum together with Elems, he would have voted nomnom before for bus points?

Is this looking at scum teams D1 thing normal for you? I find it to be pretty useless this early in the game, when it's easy to get false relationships into your head and then carry them forward.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:10 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1386, davesaz wrote:Sorry, I don't think the "new post" thing is pointing to the right place all the time. It's jumping me to a later point in the thread and skipping over stuff. :(
Yeah php forums are kinda weird
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:11 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1391, davesaz wrote:
In post 1387, Volpe14 wrote:Hmmm I think that if nomnom was scum together with Elems, he would have voted nomnom before for bus points?

Is this looking at scum teams D1 thing normal for you? I find it to be pretty useless this early in the game, when it's easy to get false relationships into your head and then carry them forward.
^^^
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1391, davesaz wrote:

Yes it's normal
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1055, GuyInFreezer wrote:Anyway I really wanted to take a day off of this game but here I am so I'm gonna leave, play some video games, and sleep early.
So while I'm gone, have a cat video.

Dogs are 1000% better
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:13 am

Post by chennisden »

Hey DEB, can you try reading the game instead
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1395, Dr Easy Bake wrote: Dogs are 1000% better
Hey Easy Bake, DeasVail is a fox and that's pretty close to a dog

read over his iso and maybe a few other low-post-count people's and let me know what you think
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:18 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1372, Farkran wrote:
In post 1360, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 1356, Farkran wrote:Nom just scumslipped about his hood, plain and simple.
I don't like this but I can see still coming from town!Fark.

I still don't like this.
I don't get the paranoia feeling, but i think i can reason with you. Talk to me about what you don't like about it. I waited for a reality check from my team before assaulting nom slot specifically because i didn't want to enter what i knew would be an endless death tunnel for misinterpreting what were my feelings about nom.

Every member of my team said that nom is scum both individually and because of that hood situation alone. None of us know her, but why would it matter?

This is also @anka. There are plenty of people who are readable by emotion, i've correctly townread people out of their emotional genuineness in the past, so i'm not ignoring your argument. However, how would you explain that nom post though? I mean, there's no towny explanation that comes to my mind as for putting effort in protecting your hood from being outed and getting angry about it after scumreading one of them. It's beyond emotionality. If we validate scummy play because of emotional gutreads and paranoia when a player is at L-7, scumhunting becomes pointless.

Pedit: every time i try to post, there are 20 more posts appearing that i am not reading, i will catchup all of those when this argument cools down
Who's your team again?

Very sad knowing that your whole team is bad at scumreading people lol
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1090, Volpe14 wrote:I've faith in the hoods to makes us come to day 2 with a fabulous "DEB has been killed tonight" written in the opening post.
Nah fam, I will survive.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”