Mod Quoting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

I can't really comment on your case as I don't know what your role PM said. :)
And like you said, Yaw's da boss.

As a general comment, I would personally prefer for mods to design their role PMs such that even if a player does quote the 9th letter of their win condition, it has no effect on the game. Many mods do this (including Yaw), I know.

Mafia is a competitive game and it's human nature to try and use all the information you have to try and get an advantage. So if the mods can plan ahead and foil any role-PM-comparing kind of tactic, then I think that's great.

I think I'd still mod-kill for a blatant flouting of the rules though.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:23 am

Post by Talitha »

It
would
be useful to have a set of standardized guidelines for how to implement the rules of the game. A mod's handbook, if you like. Mods wouldn't be bound by them, but if they wanted to deviate then they'd state so at the start of the game, and all players would know where they stood.

Eg. It could address what exactly is considered to be mod quoting.
Also, things like what you do with night actions such as a role blocker blocking a killer who targeted the same role blocker.

I can imagine there'd be a LOT of differing opinions out there though... You'd probably have to get a committee together and thrash it out, if you wanted the conventions to be adopted into general use.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:34 pm

Post by Talitha »

It could be abused if you don't end the day too. A player about to be lynched could quote their role PM, get mod-killed and avoid having a night.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:44 pm

Post by Talitha »

I dunno.. I once considered doing exactly that kind of thing. My role said I had to post something, and I was considering not posting it and taking the mod-kill. I wouldn't have felt like a cheater...

Return to “Mafia Discussion”