nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:12 am

Post by nonny »

phoebus post 640 wrote:Very honestly - I've lost interest in this game.
I will ask mod if replacements are possible - I'm not hopeful for a helpful answer.

If this is a real game, the mature thing to do here is allow someone else, more motivated than me, to take over.
Okay so on re-reading what happened, he wasn't forced. I just know the first time i read it, it felt like force from tally, and a little from logicticus. But that may have just been them being feed up with him being lazy over finding a replacment.

This day started a little over a month ago. Who is the prodder again?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Adel »

it is starting to feel like I'm just playing mafia with you.

2-player mafia sucks.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:47 am

Post by nonny »

Yeah I understand and agree with that sentiment. Poeple needing to be prodded: axel, glork, coron, dgb(her vacation is over right?), logic, werebear. Tally and elvis are the only other poeple posting at any level of consistancy. I guess i'll take the intiative to prod.
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:50 am

Post by nonny »

EBWOP: sent out a prod to the poeple listed above. Just saying that we are requesting thier presence.

Those who want this game to end need to realize that won't happen if no one is active.
*insert bad joke here*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

Thanks for doing the prods non.

And thanks for digging up the Phoebus quote.

Yes I can see how it looked like I forced him out a little. I was frustrated because Phoebus said he would vote for the leading bandwagon and that would be the only contribution he would make to the game.

But yeah, he never explained why he lost interest in the game and my gut (I know Phoebus pretty well) says that there is more to it that he is not telling us. And I don't know why he wouldn't just give the reason if he were town.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Axelrod »

I am paying attention.

While I see a case against Nonny via Macros, at this point I don't see myself voting for anyone who is actually participating. That's just reality as I won't lose to lurking scum, but I will happily blame lousy townspeople for a loss when they couldn't be bothered to play. My vote is staying on Glork.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Werebear »

I guess he wasn't mature enough. Seriously, the kit and kaboodle from Phoebus was "Do you want to replace into a game", and when I said yes, he cut and paste text from his message from OPMM (our perpetually missing mod). He gave no explanation, and indeed I thought HE was the mod and I was replacing... um... who is OPMM again? Tiger something. I thought I was replacing tiger, until about 7 pages into reading this.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:02 am

Post by nonny »

Just a note: everyone besides DGB and logic have picked up there prods.

After looking it over I find the wording in the phoebus quote odd, anyone else find it odd? The if this were a game part?

unvote adel
I'm still suspicious of adel, but for now she is being helpful by being active.
*insert bad joke here*
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:25 am

Post by logicticus »

after reading what i missed....my thoughts are the same.

i want to lynch adel or dgb in that order, but i could go with a macros/nonny lynch

i am in favor of some sort of deadline, although we have not discussed how we are handling lynches in deadline situations...do we need half plus 1? do we still need a majority? do we need a plurality?

i would go with half plus 1 only because getting a majority of us to do anything has been a chore
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 am

Post by nonny »

Mind refreshing your reasons on why you support those targets?
*insert bad joke here*
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Talitha wrote:And WIFOM one-liner comebacks are one of my biggest mafia pet peeves. If you really believe my post is bullshit, explain why, without mis-representing what I said, and without resorting to the most overused acronym ever.
How are we ever going to know why people asked to be replaced?? Making up some kind of theory that is not provable in any way = a giant waste of time and a weak reason to vote someone.

Would you be willing to lynch a player because they asked to be replaced?? It's very ridiculous.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Adel »

um, hello. Elivis_knits and nonny are scum. Can we lynch them now, please?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by nonny »

Where did that conclusion come from adel?

Even though we don't have much activity, it's starting to drive me crazy that no one is posting reasons behind thier accusations nor any meat of any kind in thier posts.

We have 30+ pages should be able to put together a case against the poeple you suspect with that. I'm working on a case and will post it tonight when I get off work.
*insert bad joke here*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

Elvis, your argument is very wierd... I did not expect such obtuseness from you, town or scum.

If it's a giant waste of time to speculate and pose theories on why people's behaviour makes them more or less likely to be scum, then I don't know what the hell I've been doing in my 5 years of playing mafia. I thought that was what the game was all about.

And (as I have stated more than once) I'm not advocating lynching because a player was replaced. It is the behaviour surrounding the replacement that I am drawing attention to. That behaviour is distinct from the replacement itself.

In other news, I don't know how we're going to get a lynch on someone with so many people MIA. Deadline is 1 week from this post.

Anyone who isn't going to play this game should replace themselves ASAP.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

Half of majority plus 1 votes required at deadline. (Deadline = Monday 14 July 11.09pm GMT)
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by nonny »

Just realized: adel were you basing your accusation on your orginal case on elvis and marcos?

Thanks for the deadline tally. And I agree, it's doubtful we will even get a lynch at this point

I'm wondering poeple's opinion on the set-up we have, with the two night kills that happened. I'm lousy at this kind of speculation so am wondering what is thought to be most likely.

Decided I'm going to do another re-read tonight and post my findings with in the next day or so.
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by nonny »

EBWOP: I'm starting to find those that picked up thier prods and didn't post a bit rude and suspicious i.e glork, coron. DGB hasn't picked up yet, she might still be v/la.
*insert bad joke here*
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by logicticus »

Sure, here is why i suspect those 3.

Adel:

She has been very opportunistic throughout the game, always wanting to be on the latest wagon, imo. In my post 598, I detailed that a bit. However, even before and since then she jumps around far too much for my liking and very often without any sort of reason for the vote jump.

DGB:

DGB has been pretty worthless lately. Although she was better in D1, since the new day there has been very little good posting from her, although that does not make her guilty by itself. I was never a fan of the push she was making towards cam having him post some part of his role pm (or alignment). Seemed a little like fishing to me. She was pretty focused completely on cam d1 and has now switched her focus on glork. if glork dies (regardless of alignment), she will focus on macros, the third of her trio.

Shes doing a bit of dubya bush on us, no matter the results of the latest days and the debate, she believes what she believes from day 1. No new knowledge can change that.

Macros:

I know he has been replaced, but his replacement has done nothing to warrant suspicion, but the whole editing fiaso cannot be forgotten. Axels 748 sums it up perfectly.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Just came back from vacation 2 hours ago. Will be active tomorrow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Glork »

Prodded again. If you guys feel I ought to be replaced, I understand. :/
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by nonny »

Thanks for clarifying logicticus. I agree on all fronts. Even though I don't want it to be, it's pretty clear what marcos did was not the best choice. Adel has jumped wagons a few times. And DGB is being as diehard as ever.

Glork I'd rather you post than be replaced.
*insert bad joke here*
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Talitha wrote:Elvis, your argument is very wierd... I did not expect such obtuseness from you, town or scum.

If it's a giant waste of time to speculate and pose theories on why people's behaviour makes them more or less likely to be scum, then I don't know what the hell I've been doing in my 5 years of playing mafia. I thought that was what the game was all about.

And (as I have stated more than once) I'm not advocating lynching because a player was replaced. It is the behaviour surrounding the replacement that I am drawing attention to. That behaviour is distinct from the replacement itself.
Maybe I'm not explaining myself well. But I don't like your argument because it takes advantage of people who aren't here anymore and can't have a discussion with you. So it's just you ascribing motivations to their actions, and that seems really weak and unreliable to me.

If we can't lynch Adel, my second choice is nonny. Third choice Talitha.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:04 am

Post by logicticus »

If we can't lynch Adel, my second choice is nonny. Third choice Talitha.
I like this. If we can get the town to actually participate, can we get top 3 in order. Maybe then a consensus could be more easily reached.

EK: Adel, Nonny, Tally
Logicticus: Adel, DGB, Nonny
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Werebear »

Code: Select all

Player List: (posts, role)

Coron:            24 - vote counter
logicticus:       39 - thread locker
Talitha:          46 - deadliner
DGB:              50
Phoebus/Werebear: 51 - post cleaner
Axelrod:          61 - player list maintainer
macros/nonny:     91 - death post writer
elvis_knits:      92 - excecutioner
Adel:             92
Glork:           112

I'm still for going after those without roles. I think my biggest problem is, when someone was lynched, they were supposed to give their ROLE, which was vanilla townsperson. They might not have known their JOB was something to post. Or, they might not have had a job, either because there ARE townspeople without jobs, or because scum don't HAVE jobs.

I know the pledge was called stupid and discarded pages ago, but I for one do pledge to state clearly alignment and role upon death. It'll be exactly what Phoebus claimed, but still.

One other thing I wanted to mention. Just because you were given a job by OPPM, doesn't mean you lose the game if you don't do it. The first thing I thought when I got my job was "Crap, I'm not going to do THAT, that's against the rules." Of course, I don't have mod powers over this thread, so the point is moot anyways. BUT, part of being mature is to think about whether doing your job is helping or hindering. Like, altering death posts, for instance.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:04 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'd be on board an Adel lynch.

I think logicticus and nonny are town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”