Mod Quoting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:52 pm

Post by Norinel »

The only game where all-out modquoting was legal was in Cellular, which is a good warning read. I hate this sort of thing; the silliest thing I've done to prevent it was the alignments in the SH role pms. (Fortunately for the town, nobody tried to discuss them)

As far as Princess Bride, I understand it was a balance decision, and I assumed in-game that there was a counterbalance. (Unfortunately for me, I chose the wrong one.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:59 am

Post by Norinel »

PolarBoy wrote:Actually part of the purpose of the book is to eliminate rules concerning mod-quoting. If scum can fabricate an unquestionably authentic role claim of any and every role available in the game then quoting provides no advantage; smart players wouldn't bother requiring it.
I think the really interesting question is how you can do it without reducing the possible scope of roles and claims. With a finite scope, it's easy. (The Newbie games, obviously, or if someone were to post a list of the roles that could exist.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:01 am

Post by Norinel »

PolarBoy wrote:Actually part of the purpose of the book is to eliminate rules concerning mod-quoting. If scum can fabricate an unquestionably authentic role claim of any and every role available in the game then quoting provides no advantage; smart players wouldn't bother requiring it.
I think the really interesting question is how you can do it without reducing the possible scope of roles and claims. With a finite scope, it's easy. (The Newbie games, obviously, or if someone were to post a list of the roles that could exist.)
olio wrote:So, the do-not-quote-mod-pm's is mainly directed against "say what's the third word in your role pm" questions?
Both that and copypasting directly from the pm.

Discussing running games is bad, but the two common general schools of thought are either anything short of specific wording is okay and it's okay to discuss what pms say but not how they say them.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”