AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1155, Creature wrote:
In post 1152, Salamence20 wrote:Why is aaron scum?
Already said:

I should be able to tell he's obvtown if he's town but he isn't

He's just standing in the sidelines and going along
I've been pretty busy irl so haven't had as much time to invest in this game as I'd like, but I don't feel like I've just been standing in the sidelines and going along with the flow. I've poked and pushed people I've found scummy and have been actively reading and forming reads as much as I can.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah I'm a little surprised Smart didn't seem to bother to check the game and just defaulted to "Creature seems to know what he's talking about", I figured Smart would be more rigorous/tryhard than that, but I don't think it's really a compelling enough reason to go against my existing townread on him though, he could just be town being lazy and looking for reasons to justify his cold feet
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1174, Salamence20 wrote:So was aaron lying? Are you an alt of someone whos been in games with aaron?

What?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30907
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Amrun »

I would like a VC but I’m still ok with lynching AF too. I hate how wishy washy my reads are today, but whatever. It’s how I feel.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1172, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1171, AaronFrost wrote:SS's sheep on Creature's weak meta case is awful.
Elaborate.
Because if you truly felt this way about me, there were plenty of opportunities to put your vote on me.

Why would you, if you're town, give Creature (someone you were scumreading and have said was a decent wagon option) the benefit of the doubt and trust his read? Like it was so far out of left field.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think Aaron is town still
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 am

In post 1176, GuiltyLion wrote:yeah I'm a little surprised Smart didn't seem to bother to check the game and just defaulted to "Creature seems to know what he's talking about"
What would I have gotten out of checking the game? Meta from games you weren't in is dubious at best.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I mean you would have at least found the thing I found (that Aaron also brought up) where Creature didn't appear to obvtownread AF in that game
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:51 am

Post by AaronFrost »

The only time anyone has ever said I was obvtown in a game was in Mini 2099 but that was scum skitter attempting to pocket me
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Amrun »

I really just want any flip that isn’t mine at this point because I don’t have strong convictions on anyone. I want something to go off of and try to see from a new perspective.

My strongest townread is Salamence20. I have some other strong townreads. But my scumreads are garbage.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1174, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 1168, Creature wrote:It's not just one game, but I can't tell it.
So was aaron lying? Are you an alt of someone whos been in games with aaron?

What?
He's referring to an ongoing game which I didn't bring up when you asked because... well... ongoing games.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 am

In post 1179, AaronFrost wrote:Because if you truly felt this way about me, there were plenty of opportunities to put your vote on me.
Correct, I had many opportunities to put my vote on you, and I took one of them. I shouldn't have to tell you that I'm conservative with my vote, and you can't honestly pretend that nothing changed between when I voted Creature and when I voted you.

I can have multiple people I'd be willing to vote, but I nevertheless have only one vote.
Why would you, if you're town, give Creature (someone you were scumreading and have said was a decent wagon option) the benefit of the doubt and trust his read? Like it was so far out of left field.
Because Creature is a strong player who is often ignored?

Like, I don't know what gave you the impression that my scumread on Creature was at all strong (I said things suggesting the contrary multiple times), and I don't know what gave you the impression that it wasn't something that could swing quickly (I specifically said it was due to lack of anything towny so a single towny post could completely reverse it. Not that that happened, but he made me reevaluate).
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1185, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1174, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 1168, Creature wrote:It's not just one game, but I can't tell it.
So was aaron lying? Are you an alt of someone whos been in games with aaron?

What?
He's referring to an ongoing game which I didn't bring up when you asked because... well... ongoing games.
Ok I retract my question.

Much simpler to say compared to
Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1174, Salamence20 wrote:So was aaron lying? Are you an alt of someone whos been in games with aaron?

What?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30907
Im waiting on other pieces for now
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:58 am

In post 1182, GuiltyLion wrote:I mean you would have at least found the thing I found (that Aaron also brought up) where Creature didn't appear to obvtownread AF in that game
I generally assume people are telling the truth about easily verifiable things

Hell, even if someone says something inaccurate about something that happened in the current game, that I witnessed, there's probably only a 50/50 chance I actually catch it :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 am

In post 1187, Salamence20 wrote:Much simpler to say compared to
I was trying to avoid breaking the rule myself.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:08 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1186, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1179, AaronFrost wrote:Because if you truly felt this way about me, there were plenty of opportunities to put your vote on me.
Correct, I had many opportunities to put my vote on you, and I took one of them. I shouldn't have to tell you that I'm conservative with my vote, and you can't honestly pretend that nothing changed between when I voted Creature and when I voted you.

I can have multiple people I'd be willing to vote, but I nevertheless have only one vote.
Because Creature is a strong player who is often ignored?

Like, I don't know what gave you the impression that my scumread on Creature was at all strong (I said things suggesting the contrary multiple times), and I don't know what gave you the impression that it wasn't something that could swing quickly (I specifically said it was due to lack of anything towny so a single towny post could completely reverse it. Not that that happened, but he made me reevaluate).
I know you're conservative with your vote, but the vote itself makes very little sense looking at your ISO. There's almost no mention of me apart from you asking someone why they were townreading me. That's it. No attempt at sorting me whatsoever.

So I'm correct in assuming you now townread Creature? Do you think Creature is right on his read of me?
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:10 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Ok so creature1 you need to provide like 2 3 games where you perfectly read Aaron since we are in a verifiable he say she say situation
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 am

In post 1190, AaronFrost wrote:So I'm correct in assuming you now townread Creature? Do you think Creature is right on his read of me?
Townlean, and I think there's a decent chance.

Probably a better chance than any other wagon today had, including the Creature one.
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Pretentious »

Told you creature would post a lot once he got closer to being lynched
I will see all of you in the FUN ZONE
Normal Game - Mod Account Mini Normal 2118: Boon Gets Pretentious
Town: 3 w 0 L - Scum: 1 w 0 L

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1193, Pretentious wrote:Told you creature would post a lot once he got closer to being lynched
Has it made him appear more town? I’m not sure.

It has, however, made it clear that creature/af isn’t SvS.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I still think my pre-Creature-returning-to-thread read of "nobody is bussing Creature if he's scum" is solid
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1193, Pretentious wrote:Told you creature would post a lot once he got closer to being lynched
Will you be sheeping him?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am

In post 1195, GuiltyLion wrote:I still think my pre-Creature-returning-to-thread read of "nobody is bussing Creature if he's scum" is solid
Well man, if that's true, he should be probably town, right?

How often does an L-1 wagon rise that quickly with scum avoiding it?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1194, Amrun wrote:
Has it made him appear more town? I’m not sure.

It has, however, made it clear that creature/af isn’t SvS.
In post 1195, GuiltyLion wrote:I still think my pre-Creature-returning-to-thread read of "nobody is bussing Creature if he's scum" is solid
Obviously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:33 am

In post 1197, Something_Smart wrote:
Well man, if that's true, he should be probably town, right?

How often does an L-1 wagon rise that quickly with scum avoiding it?
Not that I understand how you arrived at a conclusion like that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”