Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Azimuth »

Mirth wrote:Iron Man: The announcer is not unique to that sketch. I don't think I buy your claim. Why did you feel the need to make us guess it?
I believe him, since that was what I was going to guess. In post 19 he claims that SpyreX stole his line (And now for something completely different...), and a rough overlook indicates that the character's first appearance in the series was just after the llama sketch in that episode.

Still, I agree with your question. Why, Iron Man, did you want us to guess your role? Why even reveal it at all?
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 am

Post by strappado »

Mirth wrote:
unvote:Iron Man
who didn't even react to my vote much
vote:strappado
Which followed a joke vote on Bruce, a random vote on farside, and a vote on Ironman.

You voted w/ no explanation, what exactly did you want me to address?
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 am

Post by strappado »

as to Ironman, maybe he likes massclaims?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Mirth »

strappado wrote:
Mirth wrote:
unvote:Iron Man
who didn't even react to my vote much
vote:strappado
Which followed a joke vote on Bruce, a random vote on farside, and a vote on Ironman.

You voted w/ no explanation, what exactly did you want me to address?
The vote on Iron Man was also a serious one. A question of "why are you voting me" would have been adequate.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:44 am

Post by strappado »

You voted him for a serious reason...but when he didn't react you decided to vote someone else?

Your vote hopping honestly made me not take your vote seriously. You had just unvoted someone because they didn't react, so what reason would I have to react? Especially when you give no reasons for your vote. It just seemed like another hollow vote that you'd casually drop in a post or two.

In the future, if you want a reaction, how about giving some reasons and something to actually react to?
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Iron Man »

To tell the truth, I was bored and was looking for some fun.

Since this is Monty Python mafia, I thought a deviation from the norm was in order.
I'm back.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:02 am

Post by imaginality »

Bruce wrote:Anyway, I'm honestly not sure what we're looking for here. Should we assume that the flavortext is mostly meaningless and we aren't looking for the silliest?[...]
I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.
vote Bruce

I join the others who pointed out that voting me just because I'm confusing/silly is not good scum-hunting at best, and suspicious at worst.

As for the flavourtext, if you watch the episodes with the Colonel, his reason for interrupting and ending a sketch is always that it's "got (too) silly". (The end of this sketch is a good example.) So, naturally that would be the Colonel's reason for removing whichever of us we decide to lynch. I don't think it means that the people who seem silliest among us are most likely to be scum.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:04 am

Post by imaginality »

Oops forgot to unvote.

Unvote

Vote Bruce
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 am

Post by The Internet »

If Iron Man's claim is sincere, then he is probably not a power role. Claiming this early exposes him to NKs too early in the game. So I think the next action would be to ask about features, but I'll let someone else do that. However, we must consider WIFOMs.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Mirth »

strappado wrote:You voted him for a serious reason...but when he didn't react you decided to vote someone else?

Your vote hopping honestly made me not take your vote seriously. You had just unvoted someone because they didn't react, so what reason would I have to react? Especially when you give no reasons for your vote. It just seemed like another hollow vote that you'd casually drop in a post or two.

In the future, if you want a reaction, how about giving some reasons and something to actually react to?
I'd rather have a reaction before I state my reasons day 1. Ignoring me doesn't make me happy, so as far as I'm concerned, Iron Man isn't off the hook (btw "I was bored" is not a valid roleclaim reason). A reasonless earnest vote (my vote on Iron Man should have indicated I was done with RVS) should tip on off to the fact that some reaction is warranted. Especially since after one of the vote counts I asked for your comments on my vote and received none.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

Iron Man wrote:To tell the truth, I was bored and was looking for some fun.

Since this is Monty Python mafia,
I thought a deviation from the norm was in order
So you claimed because you wanted to do something completely different?

And Strappado, I already said I don't have a post restriction. See here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 55#1139055
farside22 wrote:I too think Poker is looking for someone specific with his question
This is what's correct. I "think" there is only one person who can give me what I search for.
Mirth wrote:I have nothing to do with tobacco or cigarettes
Azimuth wrote:I also have nothing to sell PokerFace
And if you aren't the person with the smokes then maybe later I can ask you something else, and you should help me there.

At any rate, I think I have figured out enough about my role's confusing flavor for now. Everyone posted once and no one has yet responded with a direct answer so I may be nerfed or have a plea of incompetance (with this role, I got shaft.ed!) or it is simply too confusing and silly for me to figure it all out this early. I'd apreciate the person I'm searching for coming forward or giving me some kind of sign but if they can't at this time then oh well.

At any rate we should probably stop discussing or guessing roles and that sort of thing for now since its taking too much time, time that would probably be better spent scum hunting. But there is one thing I do want to test before I dive into scum hunting.

Vote: Bruce

When elvis and mirth voted bruce it was pre-game and the last guy to vote bruce besides imaginality had bad tags. I want to see if my vote for him is counted.

Also
@Internet & SpyreX,
do you feel it would be a good idea or a bad idea for someone to continue fishing for and discovering other people's roles (not just ironman's) this early?

PS. Yes I recognize I used puns and joked about them earlier.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by imaginality »

Bruce wrote:
It's sad that even with the wonders of the Internet some of the best Monty Python sketches are still not freely available for the unwashed masses to view. One of my favorite sketches is Piston Engine, yet only a 21 second clip is widely available online. Can you help a sad mod find the rest of this magnificant sketch?
I found this filesharing site thing which looks like it has that episode in .rar format (series 4 episode 4), as well as the other episodes, so you can probably download it from there I'm at work at the moment so I can't download it here to check that it works, but it looks promising. (Obviously with the caveat that filesharing of copyrighted files is of dubious legality and may result in a large foot stomping on your head and whatnot.)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In general, I do not like rolefishing, at all. Let the town use their roles to what they feel is going to help the most. Now, if you have some method to FIND roles without alerting everyone then, yes, it would help the town (assuming both sides involved were town, ;) )

The ONLY time I can understand rolefishing is in an open setup where, by knowing a role, you can eliminate options. But, thats about it.

As for this situation, I dont like The Internet backing away from what is going to be the OBVIOUS next question:

Ironman, what, if anything, do you do as the Announcer?

If someone is going to claim, it bothers me when they just dont claim it all. Again, once you've hinted, the town is going to need to know before we move ahead.

But, SpyreX, you said that you dont like rolefishing??
I dont, but if the net has been cast by the fish themselves, you have to pull it up.

I am anxious to see what hte Bruce vote does (I was the AWESOME MAN who cant use tags real good)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Hurried Flavorless Vote Count:

JordanA24
(4) Azimuth, The Internet, farside22, Iron Man
Iron Man
(2) TheSweatpantsNinja, DarlaBlueEyes
strappado
(2) Mirth, elvis_knits
chenhsi
(1) SpyreX
The Internet
(1) JordanA24
Bruce
(1) imaginality
imaginality
(1) strappado

Not voting
(Pokerface, Rogue Shenanigans, Lord Gurgi, Bogre, Luigi Gangsta, chenhsi)

With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch and 9 to No Lynch.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Bogre »

Got to catch up!
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by strappado »

Well now who the hell is Bruce? He's made it onto the votecount now, I say we lynch him.

Also, if you read my reasons for voting Imaginality, it wasn't simply because it was silly or annoying, that just shows that you are skimming and looking for perfunctory reasons to claim scumness. I said that if he can only vote for a player that is not in this game (i.e., "Bruce"), then he wont really be a contributing member of the town when it comes to lynchings and whatnot. I'm reconsidering my stance as there is apparently a Bruce somewhere in the game.

That said:
unvote, vote: Bruce

But IGMEOY Mirth.
You voted Iron Man but unvoted him saying that he didn't react.
You voted me with no stated reason. Someone else voted me and you say "OH yes, I'm voting her too, and notice how she hasn't responded, confirmage".
This makes me think you weren't so interested in my reaction or Ironman's reaction, you were interested in town's reaction. It looks so much less scummy when you are the one that STARTED a bandwagon than if you just hop on in the middle or near the end, right? Convenient, just keep hopping around with your votes until someone else votes along with you and then confirm your vote.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Mirth »

strappado wrote: But IGMEOY Mirth.
You voted Iron Man but unvoted him saying that he didn't react.
You voted me with no stated reason. Someone else voted me and you say "OH yes, I'm voting her too, and notice how she hasn't responded, confirmage".
This makes me think you weren't so interested in my reaction or Ironman's reaction, you were interested in town's reaction. It looks so much less scummy when you are the one that STARTED a bandwagon than if you just hop on in the middle or near the end, right? Convenient, just keep hopping around with your votes until someone else votes along with you and then confirm your vote.
Your reasons still suck. Also, this is a false assertion. If you go back into the thread a little, before Elvis calls you out on your craplogic, you will find this post:
Mirth wrote:The Internet: considering how many possible roles there are, i highly doubt even a faked role would be counterclaimed.

Gurgi, I have no post restriction, but it's hard to be my usual humorless aggressive self when a) Monty Python is involved, and b)most everyone is babbling nonsense. Might aswell join the insanity.

Other thoughts, I don't like Strappados reasns for voting, hence why I'm voting her.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Mirth »

EBWOP. I'm also going to try an experiment.

Pokerface
if you are looking for a specific role, it is probably not me. But I'm going to try this anyway, since no one who bothered commenting objected. I will sell you cigarettes/matches/a lighter/cigars/a pipe with tobacco/nicorette gum.

Now then, did anything happen after I said that?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by imaginality »

Bruce wrote:Also, if you read my reasons for voting Imaginality[...] I said that if he can only vote for a player that is not in this game (i.e., "Bruce"), then he wont really be a contributing member of the town when it comes to lynchings and whatnot. I'm reconsidering my stance as there is apparently a Bruce somewhere in the game.

That said:
unvote, vote: Bruce
My votes count, Bruce. It's just that my vote always shows up as being for Bruce, no matter who I vote for, since I call you all Bruce.

I experimented by voting you just now to see if that would show against you, since you already had a couple of votes against you, but it looks like my vote will always get listed separately. If you pay attention to my posts though, it should be reasonably clear who my votes are for.

unvote

As far as I know the only Bruces in the game are all you fellas (and me of course), there's no other Bruces about, so I reckon
you
have to vote for people by the names you call them by. (That's why Bruce's vote for Bruce just now didn't count towards the vote count, I assume.)

So rest assured, Bruce, I can and will put my vote to good use to lynch the scum wherever we find them. :)
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

The Internet wrote:If Iron Man's claim is sincere, then he is probably not a power role. Claiming this early exposes him to NKs too early in the game. So I think the next action would be to ask about features, but I'll let someone else do that. However, we must consider WIFOMs.
Curious, and only that, why are you letting someone else do that? If its something you ant to know or believe to be the next step..then shouldn't you do it to ensure that it happens?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:24 am

Post by The Internet »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
The Internet wrote:If Iron Man's claim is sincere, then he is probably not a power role. Claiming this early exposes him to NKs too early in the game. So I think the next action would be to ask about features, but I'll let someone else do that. However, we must consider WIFOMs.
Curious, and only that, why are you letting someone else do that? If its something you ant to know or believe to be the next step..then shouldn't you do it to ensure that it happens?
Because I do not feel comfortable asking, and believe I have already rolefished enough on Iron Man. As for whether we should continue, I say for now we should only continue if someone asks us to, like Iron Man did, but that could change.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:49 am

Post by strappado »

Well, sorry you dont like my reasons for voting, not sure what I can say to that. Obviously, I like my reasons for voting :)

Sure, I'd much rather vote someone because they said something like, "Oh, my role? I'm mafi--oops oops, I mean...errrrm...I'm a notorious silly walker, yes yes, nothing to see here, move along" ...but unfortunately nothing like that has happened so I'm going with the possible least helpful member of the cast, until something better comes along.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:41 am

Post by shaft.ed »

killa seven replaces Rogue Shenanigans effective immediately.

Also a general quesiton. I've cut back on the flavor since the game was rather slow out of the gate I figured you didn't need any more distractions from me. Please let me know if this is helpful/disappointing. Thanks
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:48 am

Post by killa seven »

what up people
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:50 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

spyrex wrote: Ironman, what, if anything, do you do as the Announcer?
Unvote, vote spyrex.

Less power role speculation please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”