Mini 610: Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over!!

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Mirth »

Considering he blatantly ignored the request for a claim, I think he might have been.

=======================================
Page 23 Votecount

Non-Jurors:

**Rishi: (0/7)
Joubert: (7/7) {Mirth, malthusis, Cream147, ChiefSkye4, Gorrad, SensFan, Battle Mage}
Matt_S: (0/7)
Natirasha: (0/7)
populartajo: (0/7)

Jurors

ChiefSkye4: (0/6, 0/1)
Cream147: (0/6, 0/1)
Gorrad: (0/6, 0/1)
malthusis: (0/6, 1/1) Rishi
Mirth: (0/6, 1/1) Joubert
SensFan: (0/6, 1/1) Matt_S
Battle Mage: (0/6, 0/1)

Not Voting: (2/12) Natirasha, populartajo

Deadline for D1: Monday July 7, 6:15PM GMT+10
=======================================
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mirth wrote:Considering he blatantly ignored the request for a claim, I think he might have been.
:o...you mean... in the same way Rishi did? :P lol
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Mirth »

Battle Mage wrote:
Mirth wrote:Considering he blatantly ignored the request for a claim, I think he might have been.
:o...you mean... in the same way Rishi did? :P lol
Except Rishi acknowledged people wanted him to claim, he just refused Joubert actively ignored it.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:26 am

Post by vollkan »

A hurried panic swept the courthouse as the Jurors tried to reach a decision before deadline. As the sky grew dark outside, they each submitted their votes one-by-one to Vollkan, awaiting him to announce the verdict.....

Vollkan: "Ahem...Attention all! ATTENTION! *smashes a gavel* Image
That's better. After careful deliberation, the jury has decided by unanimous verdict that the Defendant,
Rishi
is:
NOT GUILTY
. On the other hand, it has been decided that
Joubert
is guilty. Joubert, if you wouldn't mind coming up the front here with me."

Vollkan directed Joubert to sit in a chair at the front of the courtroom. As Joubert approached Vollkan, he bowed his head, chuckling menacingly.

Joubert sat down, and burst into laughter.
"You idiot," he scoffed at Vollkan, drawing a gun "If you dare move a muscle, I'll blow your brains out."
Vollkan smirked: "That's alright. The electric chair's set to activate now anyway."
Joubert's eyes widened, and his mouth shaped the word: "What?" The electricity cut his exclamation short, however, as it surged through his body:

The police came to take statements from everybody at the courthouse, seeing as a gun was pulled on the court's beloved odd-job man. The police also took DNA samples from the body, determined to identify Vollkan's would-be assailant.

After a few hours, a policeman hurried into the courtoom, handing a scrap of paper to Vollkan. Vollkan: "Well, it looks like the jury system works after all. The police just ran a DNA check, and it turns out that....

Joubert. Damon Gant, Judge Corrupter.
Criminal Organisation
was convicted on Trial One

Deadline for Night One is in 72 hours from now:
Thursday 10 July, 8:25 am GMT+10
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mirth didn't return home after the trial that day, instead returning to the Prosecutor's Office to continue with her work. As she worked tirelessly into the early hours of the morning, she didn't notice the figure slinking into her room. The figure struck fast, taking the life of out Mirth:

Her body was covered in deep lacerations, and traces of poison were found in the wounds...

Meanwhile, just before the next morning Gorrad was busy preparing the courthouse when he heard a knock at the door. Thinking that a dutiful lawyer was seeking to use the court library he opened the door, only to find himself staring into the barrel of a revolver. He sobbed a little, but the figure behind the gun just laughed:

A single shot rang out, and Gorrad fell...

Mirth. Miles Edgeworth, Prosecutor.
Town
was killed Night One Image
Gorrad. Maggey Byrde, Bailiff.
Town
was killed Night One Image
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by vollkan »

Trial Two

The remainder of those who had attended court for Trial One gathered in front of Vollkan, in light of news reports of the two recent killings...

We need to have another trial today, to bring whoever is responsible for these murders to justice, and we need your help. Another trial is about to begin...

Court is now in session for the trial of the Defendant
Battle Mage

With 9 alive today, there will be 5 jurors.

Serving on the Jury today are:

ChiefSkye4
Cream147
Matt_S
Natirasha
Rishi

This trial will end on Sunday August 3 at 12:00 pm GMT+10. If no person is convicted by that time, then the Defendant will be convicted by default.

Let the trial commence!
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I see a few possible suspects at this point. One is populartajo because of the "babygirl is innocent" thing, SlySly/SensFan because of asking Gorrad if he picked the defendant, and Natirasha for the whole "put on" thing between Mirth and Malthusis. I'm leaning SensFan at this moment, but I think the first thing to do is decide if we want BM to claim.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Rishi »

I am really soured by the way that Day 1 ended. I don't like how Sens and BM forced me into a claim. Also, BM wasn't really defending Joubert, but he was definitely skittish about voting him.

I don't necessarily want to see a claim from BM just yet. But I do have to say it'd take a lot to convince me to move a vote elsewhere.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rishi wrote:I am really soured by the way that Day 1 ended. I don't like how Sens and BM forced me into a claim. Also, BM wasn't really defending Joubert, but he was definitely skittish about voting him.

I don't necessarily want to see a claim from BM just yet. But I do have to say it'd take a lot to convince me to move a vote elsewhere.
Actually, i pretty much WAS defending Joubert. There was no real case against him. The fact he was scum is barely relevant to that. Of course, this approach gives u 2 key points to assess. Firstly, would BM-Scum put himself right into the firing line, and be SO controversial on Day 1, in defence of a scumbuddy, who he allows to get revealed that day anyway. Surely the damage of me linking myself to him had already been done, and by NOT hammering, i could have left both our affiliations as WIFOM.
The second point is a less WIFOMy one. Considering how weak the case against Joubert was, how many people pushing his lynch yesterday were doing so from a protown point of view (looking for scummy play OBJECTIVELY) and how many people were doing so from a scum point of view - LOOKING for things to pick up on about him. Lets face it, if you're going to bus, you need some sort of case, or it will backfire. We clearly had large scale bussing yesterday, so who had some doubt in their case, and who was 'SURE' Joubert would come up scum.

I read something overnight that could prove useful today, assuming i am not killed. I'll bring that to the fore later.

First thing i'll say, is that i will be claiming today (within the next few hours). I was sure this was coming (for 3 reasons), so i've already planned how we should play today, and the first thing we need is for me to claim as early as possible. Gorrad and Mirth dying is somewhat of a complication, but my role should hopefully be confirmable at this point anyway.

Another thing i am curious about is the fact we had a double kill. I'm not seeing 2 scumgroups here, but would a Vig have killed Mirth over Populartajo, or hell- ME? lol

Oh and Rishi, you might feel like bitching about my play yesterday now, but you'll see very soon that my play was exactly right, given the knowledge that i have. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Cream147 »

If it was a vig that killed Mirth, then stupid vig is stupid. I think we were fairly lucky that Joubert turned up as scum yesterday, as I think we had quite a poor and disorganised day. I hope that today we play a bit better, with the same end result. I'd love to know what role Edgeworth had, but I guess I'll have to wait until the end.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Cream147 wrote:If it was a vig that killed Mirth, then stupid vig is stupid. I think we were fairly lucky that Joubert turned up as scum yesterday, as I think we had quite a poor and disorganised day. I hope that today we play a bit better, with the same end result. I'd love to know what role Edgeworth had, but I guess I'll have to wait until the end.
Yeh, i think role speculation on the dead and unclaimed is probably ill-advised, as it will only help scum with fakeclaims etc.
I have 1 potential scenario in which the night actions make sense...and it isnt all that likely. lol
The flavour is also a tad confusing.

Also, remember our little discussion yesterday? soon, all will be revealed. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Cream147 »

BM wrote:Also, remember our little discussion yesterday? soon, all will be revealed.
Are you referring to this?
Cream147 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Cream147 wrote:I don't really see why Rishi posting that list was a good thing or a bad thing. It doesn't tell the scum anything more than they already knew. It didn't help the town in anyway either. It didn't help reinforce the claim, because it was easy to forge. BM, make sure you do hammer Joubert before the deadline, taking note of the timezone of the deadline.
BM wrote:If Joubert comes up town, on your head be it.
You copied my 'on your head be it'! How dare you!

Oh, by the way Natirasha, I haven't forgot about your claim of Maya Fey. I look forward to reading Joubert's role pm tomorrow.
Why would he forge a claim that was markedly and deliberately inconsistent with how the jurors had ACTUALLY been decided?

BM
I assume you're talking about the fact that the top 7 weren't picked as jurors. This was said in Rishi's original claim, ergo that list that you were begging for was not in anyway necessary and does not back up his claim at all. If you believed that there was room for doubt with Rishi's original claim, then there is still room for doubt now.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Rishi »

Battle Mage wrote: The second point is a less WIFOMy one. Considering how weak the case against Joubert was, how many people pushing his lynch yesterday were doing so from a protown point of view (looking for scummy play OBJECTIVELY) and how many people were doing so from a scum point of view - LOOKING for things to pick up on about him. Lets face it, if you're going to bus, you need some sort of case, or it will backfire. We clearly had large scale bussing yesterday, so who had some doubt in their case, and who was 'SURE' Joubert would come up scum.
That's actually a good point. In the situation that Joubert was in, bussing him (not defending him) would have been the right move.
Battle Mage wrote: Another thing i am curious about is the fact we had a double kill. I'm not seeing 2 scumgroups here, but would a Vig have killed Mirth over Populartajo, or hell- ME? lol
Well, I don't know if most players were super-suspicious of populartajo (you were pushing hardest for his lynch). If it was a vig-kill, it is a little unusual.

By the way, Natirasha, did you read Joubert's role PM? What did it say?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, Nat, please DON'T claim this, until after i've claimed. Again, it could help to confirm me. Same goes for you Rishi btw. Dont claim ur list from last night.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Cream147 wrote:
BM wrote:Also, remember our little discussion yesterday? soon, all will be revealed.
Are you referring to this?
Cream147 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Cream147 wrote:I don't really see why Rishi posting that list was a good thing or a bad thing. It doesn't tell the scum anything more than they already knew. It didn't help the town in anyway either. It didn't help reinforce the claim, because it was easy to forge. BM, make sure you do hammer Joubert before the deadline, taking note of the timezone of the deadline.
BM wrote:If Joubert comes up town, on your head be it.
You copied my 'on your head be it'! How dare you!

Oh, by the way Natirasha, I haven't forgot about your claim of Maya Fey. I look forward to reading Joubert's role pm tomorrow.
Why would he forge a claim that was markedly and deliberately inconsistent with how the jurors had ACTUALLY been decided?

BM
I assume you're talking about the fact that the top 7 weren't picked as jurors. This was said in Rishi's original claim, ergo that list that you were begging for was not in anyway necessary and does not back up his claim at all. If you believed that there was room for doubt with Rishi's original claim, then there is still room for doubt now.
yes.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Actually, i think waiting around any more is pretty pointless. Time to claim!

I am the
Judge
. Yeh that's right. The same role Rishi claimed. And my role works in exactly the same way. Each night i submit a ranked list, of who i want in the Jury the next day. I can't put myself top, for some reason i haven't yet figured out. In other words, i have the exact same role as Rishi.

That's the reason i wanted him to claim his list yesterday. Because i had a copy of the list Theo submitted on that night, and i wanted to compare them. I believe at the time i said that i was assessing the claim. In reality, that meant comparing my list, rishi's list, and the actual jurors selected.
Sure enough, the results fitted to the extent that by combining our respective scores with equal weighting, the 6 people (excluding the defendant- which was him) with the highest ranking overall, were the jurors for that day.

My role is also the reason i was interested in a counter-claim (before he claimed his list, which confirmed him in my eyes) in order to see if we had a 3rd Judge to help select the Jury. I think we can now be sure that this is not the case. Joubert's role also strongly suggests the presence of more than 1 Judge- (what scumbag has a role that can only affect 1 player?). It also confirms that Judge's are protown (i did think a scum-judge was possible to counter-balance the effect of a protown judge and a protown defendant selector).

I think i breadcrumbed just about enough. Of course, because Rishi hasnt claimed, he can verify whether my results (which i'll hook out in a sec) correllate with his, in the same manner i did for the first night. :)

I've also got another theory about our roles. Interesting that the two judges, were the first 2 people on trial. I wondered why we can't place ourselves top. My thought is that, for the first 2 days at least, the judge who ranks THEMSELVES highest, becomes the defendant. (some sort of punishment for being selfish and arrogant?) :P

So yeh, i think it's best we get that out of the way now. The sooner i'm confirmed beyond some doubt, the sooner we can get lynching another scumbag. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Here is my list from N0:

1. malthusis
2. Mirth
3. Gorrad
4. Cream147
5. Joubert
6. theopor_COD
7. babygirl86
8. ChiefSkye4
9. Natirasha
10. populartajo
11. SlySly
12. MafiaSSK

Also, i just checked my role pm, and my actual rolename is 'Chief Judge'. Did you get that too Rishi?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Last night's choices. I'll explain my reasons later.

1. Rishi
2. Battle Mage
3. Matt_S
4. Gorrad
5. Cream147
6. Natirasha
7. ChiefSkye4
8. Malthusis
9. populartajo
10. SensFan
11. Mirth

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Rishi »

I believe BM's claim, actually. I'm the Puisne Judge, which means that BM outranks me. I assume that means that his list takes precedence in case of ties.

If you think it'd be helpful to publish my list from last night, I will, but I can confirm that everything seems consistent so far. If you combine our lists, take out the people who were killed last night and the defendant, the top five people would make up the jury.

So, BM, your play from yesterday actually makes sense.

I'd like to have everyone check in, but then we're going to have to find an alternate lynch to BM.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Rishi »

Battle Mage wrote: I've also got another theory about our roles. Interesting that the two judges, were the first 2 people on trial. I wondered why we can't place ourselves top. My thought is that, for the first 2 days at least, the judge who ranks THEMSELVES highest, becomes the defendant. (some sort of punishment for being selfish and arrogant?) :P
Actually, my thought was that the person at the top of the list automatically made the jury. But I don't know.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Cream147 »

Ahh right! That ties up a few loose ends.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rishi wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I've also got another theory about our roles. Interesting that the two judges, were the first 2 people on trial. I wondered why we can't place ourselves top. My thought is that, for the first 2 days at least, the judge who ranks THEMSELVES highest, becomes the defendant. (some sort of punishment for being selfish and arrogant?) :P
Actually, my thought was that the person at the top of the list automatically made the jury. But I don't know.
No, i think i can explain that. My theory is that, if you add together the top ranking (1) and the bottom ranking (number of players) you get the 'average' total. Normally, with the jury being comprised of half the players, those above the average are likely to get in, and those below, are not. By allowing judges to place themselves top, their score CANNOT be below the average. As it is, by ranking myself second, i figured unless you placed me bottom of your list, i'd probably be in the jury. The way i see it, there has to be a way of countering that.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rishi wrote:I believe BM's claim, actually. I'm the Puisne Judge, which means that BM outranks me. I assume that means that his list takes precedence in case of ties.

If you think it'd be helpful to publish my list from last night, I will, but I can confirm that everything seems consistent so far. If you combine our lists, take out the people who were killed last night and the defendant, the top five people would make up the jury.

So, BM, your play from yesterday actually makes sense.

I'd like to have everyone check in, but then we're going to have to find an alternate lynch to BM.
Yeh i might check that out later. what does 'Puisne' mean?
I dont think you need to reveal your list, but i cant see it mattering either way. I'd like to at least hear what Natirasha has to say about Joubert's pm before we do anything else.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Rishi »

On Puisne Judge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puisne_Justice

I hadn't heard of it before my role PM, because we don't use the term in the United States.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Matt_S »

Holy crap. I'm so confused.

I assumed at first that it was the Prosecutor who chose the defendants, but I dunno anymore. As for the bailiff, I have a theory, but it's just baseless speculation, so I won't mention it yet.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”