SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

I dont see The Internet's "rolefishing" as honest rolefishing. IM came out and said "I've got a role! Wooo" so, of course, people are going to look for it.

The thing is faking a claim, even believable, would give everyone else a chance to look for discrepancies. It'd have to be a good a fakeclaim to be 100%.

I have to think that IM is doing this as part of a PR or something.... otherwise, if you asked me with a gun to my head which one of the two was scum I'd lean towards Ironman.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 am

Post by imaginality »

Bruce wrote:
The Not-So FlavorfulVote Count:

JordanA24
(4) Azimuth, The Internet, farside22, Iron Man
imaginality
(5) TheSweatpantsNinja, strappado, elvis_knits
I'm intrigued by the fact that Bruce has 4 votes but is coloured red, suggesting he will be lynched if the votes stay as they are at present, even though I (somehow) have five votes against me. I'm wondering if Bruce is maybe a 'hated townie' (one less vote needed to lynch) or something of that sort.
Bruce wrote:I'm not inclined to believe Imaginality's post restriction because he was really not paying much attention to it in pre game.
I was still getting my head round it then (first time I've played with a post restriction).
Bruce wrote:I am confused by all your random voting and references to things I have no idea. I still don't know who Bruce is and why you though imaginality had a post restriciton, because I couldn't see one.
You can't see my post restriction? :shock: You haven't noticed that I've been calling everyone 'Bruce'?

A question to others: do you think one of us should offer Bruce the smokes and matches he's been asking for? Clearly it's likely to have an effect on the game somehow, and probably a silly one, but if he is anti-town would he be so open about wanting them?

(Also, if he is scum, and a scum buddy could offer him the smokes and matches, they would likely have done so already. So, it seems to me that either he's town, or he's scum but has to beg for smokes from non-scum players. So... what if we agree to
all
offer to sell him smokes - and if Bruce is scum, then anyone who doesn't offer smokes to him (assuming we agree on that course of action) would be under suspicion.

...Actually on second thoughts, if he's scum then maybe he's just not allowed to
accept
smokes from scum buddies (but they can offer them), in which case that approach wouldn't help. Sorry, just thinking aloud here.)

Still, what do others think about whether we should give Bruce the smokes and matches he seems to need?
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Mirth »

Imaginality: I think the red is just person with the most votes. Some mods do this. Also, person with the most votes is the lynch in case we go to deadline.

As for smokes, I think he might be searching for a specific character, or maybe it involves night actions, but, sure, why not, wouldn't hurt to try. I have nothing to do with tobacco or cigarettes, role-wise, so this probably will accomplish nothing. If no one has an objection, I'd be willing to offer him evil.bad.not.good.allergy.inducing.cancer.sticks in my next post.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:06 am

Post by farside22 »

I too think Poker is looking for someone specific with his question but even though I have nothing to offer in such a manner I will do it if it helps in any way.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:50 am

Post by JordanA24 »

imaginality wrote:
Bruce wrote:
The Not-So FlavorfulVote Count:

JordanA24
imaginality
(5) TheSweatpantsNinja, strappado, elvis_knits
I'm intrigued by the fact that Bruce has 4 votes but is coloured red, suggesting he will be lynched if the votes stay as they are at present, even though I (somehow) have five votes against me. I'm wondering if Bruce is maybe a 'hated townie' (one less vote needed to lynch) or something of that sort.

I should hope not Bruce
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Azimuth »

I think I've figured out what Iron Man is trying to tell us (then again, I thought I'd figured it out before). However, I still have no idea why he would want to tell us and thus am wary of making the guess. I don't think guessing is rolefishing as JordanA24 suggested; I just wonder at IM's ulterior motives.

I also have nothing to sell PokerFace, whatever his motives may be. Others are free to do as they will.

I have no problem with things getting silly -- most of us likely joined this particular game to partake in some silliness -- although too many purely Python posts might make it easier for the nefarious elements in this game to hide. Still, since this is my first large game I will reserve judgment, so to speak.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

I am confused, what is with all these links, surely alot of these links are fake. I looked up monty python on you tube and i found these..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9TVYCffHEE
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Luigi, I am assuming you MUST post a link every post?

and hat do you mean by 'Must be Fake?'
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by Mirth »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Luigi, I am assuming you MUST post a link every post?

and hat do you mean by 'Must be Fake?'
Don't give him fake restriction ideas. (Especially seeing as his first three posts lack links)
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:22 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

ahh indeed they do, I missed those.

Still, what do you mean by must be fake? and why all the non game relevant posting?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:02 am

Post by Mirth »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:ahh indeed they do, I missed those.

Still, what do you mean by must be fake? and why all the non game relevant posting?
I mean we clearly have a couple of real restrictions floating around. Wouldn't be hard for someone to make up a fake one. Best not to theorize what other restrictions there might be. I think I've been as game relevant as possible so far, can't speak for anyone else.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:28 am

Post by The Internet »

If it helps, I do not have a post restriction.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:12 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Internet wrote: If Iron Man is breadcrumbing, and giving us hints, then his role must be something that would be advantageous for the town to know about, but still must be kept partially secret. Of course, he could just be faking, but you never know. I'll reread and see what I find.
I'm finding it difficult to think of a role that would fit that profile. He could just be being silly, but its worth a bandwagon.

Unvote, vote Iron Man.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 am

Post by strappado »

Maybe poker does not actually need a cig, maybe it's just a post restriction?
Anyway, I'm honestly not sure what we're looking for here. Should we assume that the flavortext is mostly meaningless and we aren't looking for the silliest?

Doing MontyPython research and I haven't yet come across any char's that harm anyone...and all the dying in Salad Days was caused by chain reaction, not so much one person or a group of people.

I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:56 am

Post by shaft.ed »

It's sad that even with the wonders of the Internet some of the best Monty Python sketches are still not freely available for the unwashed masses to view. One of my favorite sketches is Piston Engine, yet only a 21 second clip is widely available online. Can you help a sad mod find the rest of this magnificant sketch?

Vote Count:

JordanA24
imaginality
(2) strappado, elvis_knits
Iron Man
(2) TheSweatpantsNinja, DarlaBlueEyes
chenhsi
(1) SpyreX
The Internet
(1) JordanA24
Bruce
(1) imaginality
strappado
(1) Mirth

Not voting
(Pokerface, Rogue Shenanigans, Lord Gurgi, Bogre, Luigi Gangsta, chenhsi)

With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch and 9 to No Lynch.

Although it may not look like it, I am keeping very much up on the activity situation. I'm being a little bit lenient due to the American holiday that just passed, but if some certain people don't begin posting soon there will be replacements
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

strappado wrote:I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.
I say we get rid of scummy people, not those with an annoying posting restriction.

unvote; vote strappado
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:29 am

Post by The Internet »

I wish Iron man were here to respond, because we need his feedback. He has been oddly absent during this. However, he is due to be prodded sometime tomorrow, so I'll wait. i also would like some people who haven't said much to post.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:03 am

Post by strappado »

so...are you voting me because I suggested an Imaginality lynch, or because you think I'm scummy?
If you think I'm scummy, could you elaborate?

I'm just trying to figure out where to start, which (no offense) is more than you've done so far.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

I've been thinking about the Iron Man issue.

Now, its obvious the town isn't going to let it drop unless we get a full disclosure. At this point, what purpose does it serve to keep hiding that information when it is apparent that, one way or another, the town is going to need it?

You cant dangle information and not give it.

So, Iron Man, please just spit out whatever it is you're trying to have us hunt. It is becoming too large of a distraction and we should start moving forward and looking for scum.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

strappado wrote:so...are you voting me because I suggested an Imaginality lynch, or because you think I'm scummy?
If you think I'm scummy, could you elaborate?

I'm just trying to figure out where to start, which (no offense) is more than you've done so far.
I'm voting you because of your reason for voting imaginality -- not because he's scummy but because his posting restriction is annoying/confusing. That's not a good reason. It's scummy to lynch people for reasons other than their scumminess.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Iron Man »

SpyreX wrote:I've been thinking about the Iron Man issue.

Now, its obvious the town isn't going to let it drop unless we get a full disclosure. At this point, what purpose does it serve to keep hiding that information when it is apparent that, one way or another, the town is going to need it?

You cant dangle information and not give it.

So, Iron Man, please just spit out whatever it is you're trying to have us hunt. It is becoming too large of a distraction and we should start moving forward and looking for scum.
Fine. Fine. I am
The Announcer
. You can find me at the very end of this sketch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBaUmx5s6iE
I'm back.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:28 am

Post by strappado »

So what was your reason for voting Imaginality before?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mostly just wondering what he was about and if he was faking a restriction. I didn't change my vote until I found a good place ot put it. On you :)
Talk nerdy to me.

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Mirth »

elvis_knits wrote:
strappado wrote:I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.
I say we get rid of scummy people, not those with an annoying posting restriction.
QFT. See standing vote on Strappado which she didn't even react to when I voted her.

Iron Man: The announcer is not unique to that sketch. I don't think I buy your claim. Why did you feel the need to make us guess it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”