Mod Quoting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:01 am

Post by MeMe »

You
might think it was lame in Princess Bride -- but I made a deliberate choice to word the Peasant PMs in exactly the same way so that they could be identified by each other AND the recruiting group.

You weren't even
in
that game, were you?

[Edit]I'm just gonna put in my original explanation posted at the end of Princess Bride as they sum up my feelings on the matter quite nicely...
MeMe wrote:My feelings on this are well-documented -- I think that it is the players' responsibility to use all information at hand to win...even discussing the content (without quoting) of PMs. The mod should consider how the PMs are worded to make sure this is/isn't a possibility. For example, in my no-frills mafia, two of the townie PMs were identical...but all the others different. If they had been discussed, it was possible that two townies would clear each other and distrust all other claims. That was part of the set-up.

In this game, it was quite deliberate on my part to give the peasants identical PMs for two reasons 1) So that if the ROUS Recruiter realized that the "some have been exposed to Rodent cooties all their lives" in his role referred to commoners, he could more easily target those who had been revealed as such and 2) that townies could identify and "clear" each other...which (to paraphrase mathcam) could possibly screw them later if one were recruited.

Basically...it was part of the game plan that the PMs might be discussed, and, in my opinion, it should
always
be considered a possibility by the mod.
[/Edit]
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:13 am

Post by MeMe »