elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:Everyone has now posted at least once. Does anyone want to comment on what I've been saying?
Are you this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Gn6a3WbYw
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:55 am

Post by chenhsi »

I am confused by all your random voting and references to things I have no idea. I still don't know who Bruce is and why you though imaginality had a post restriciton, because I couldn't see one.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You need to start clicking on the links people are putting up and watching more monty python.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:00 am

Post by chenhsi »

I am trying...

It would have helped if I knew what Monty Python was before I joined this game, wouldn't it?
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Mirth »

chenhsi wrote:I am trying...

It would have helped if I knew what Monty Python was before I joined this game, wouldn't it?
...you don't know what Monty Python is? HEATHEN! (She's a witch! Burn her(?)!)
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:22 am

Post by chenhsi »

Ummm... the only time I have heard of Monty Python was Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the only thing I know about that is that it has to do with the Holy Grail.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:31 am

Post by The Internet »

If Iron Man is breadcrumbing, and giving us hints, then his role must be something that would be advantageous for the town to know about, but still must be kept partially secret. Of course, he could just be faking, but you never know. I'll reread and see what I find.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:41 am

Post by farside22 »

chenhsi wrote:Ummm... the only time I have heard of Monty Python was Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the only thing I know about that is that it has to do with the Holy Grail.
Doth is a witch I say. The Holy Grail you say. What does thy Holy Grail do?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:53 am

Post by The Internet »

Ok, finished my search. I couldn't find anything specific (I searched the first and last letters for all the words he said) that match up with any characters. It's probable I missed something, and possible he is an inanimate object. However, I have come across two interesting quotes. in post 75 he said
Llamas are larger than frogs
and in post 134, he said
But revealing your role this early in the game would be an entirely bad play, and thus, is the best play a person could make on Day 1.
I don't know what either of those mean, but I ask the other player to analyze them.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:57 am

Post by imaginality »

Bruce wrote:Ok, finished my search... I have come across two interesting quotes. in post 75 he said
Llamas are larger than frogs
and in post 134, he said
But revealing your role this early in the game would be an entirely bad play, and thus, is the best play a person could make on Day 1.
I don't know what either of those mean, but I ask the other player to analyze them.
I'm not sure about the second one, but from the first quote I'd guess that Bruce is either a Spanish guitarist or dancer, or, and perhaps more intriguingly, the person who writes the subtitles. The Spanish guitarist and dancer sung the line subtitled as "llamas are larger than frogs" in this sketch.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by imaginality »

Oh and by the way, a useful index of scripts for all the sketches can be found here in case anyone needs it, with the scenes listed alphabetically and also by series and episode.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Why is Iron Man so obviously breadcrumbing? It seems odd.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

imaginality wrote:Oh and by the way, a useful index of scripts for all the sketches can be found here in case anyone needs it, with the scenes listed alphabetically and also by series and episode.
Great site. I saw that the spanish Guitarist & Dancer were the ones to say that.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Chenhsi not knowing any MP is unacceptable. It also makes him susceptable to the more versed in the ways of MP.

Either way he reeks of elderberries.

Irene is confusing me greatly with this bait and hook role. Perhaps we ought not to look for it for the answer may be fatal.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dont know what I think about the whole breadcrumbing at al... it really seems like an odd move this early.

I still like my honest, non-silly, vote. Its FAR too easy to use "I'm confused" in this setup and I dont like it one bit.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:56 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Iron Man wrote:
Vote: Jordan
for not being silly.

On a side note. I propose a little hunt. What are we hunting for? Why, my role of course. I will give you a clue as to where it is. It is located in the episode "The Ant, An Introduction"

Good Luck.
Why are you telling us part of your role already, on Page 4??

FOS: IronMan

But I think the worse crime is actually trying to guess what his role is, rolefishing at it's most blatent! Imaginality, Pokerface and The Internet (who guessed 4). Since Internet guessed the most, I'll put my first serious vote of the game on him
Unvote Vote: The Internet

SpyreX wrote:He probably gets some kinda prizes or we explode. Its python, afterall. :wink:
lol, I can actually see that happening
Mirth wrote:A prize? You mean like a 16-tom-weight to drop on us when we attack him with a raspberry?
lol, lets hope we don't accidently release the tiger ;)
chenhsi wrote:I am not random voting because this is chaos and I'm confused :(
I don't like this either, though tbh, it's not as bad as Internet's rolefishing.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:14 am

Post by The Internet »

JordanA24 wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
Vote: Jordan
for not being silly.

On a side note. I propose a little hunt. What are we hunting for? Why, my role of course. I will give you a clue as to where it is. It is located in the episode "The Ant, An Introduction"

Good Luck.
Why are you telling us part of your role already, on Page 4??

FOS: IronMan

But I think the worse crime is actually trying to guess what his role is, rolefishing at it's most blatent! Imaginality, Pokerface and The Internet (who guessed 4). Since Internet guessed the most, I'll put my first serious vote of the game on him
Unvote Vote: The Internet

SpyreX wrote:He probably gets some kinda prizes or we explode. Its python, afterall. :wink:
lol, I can actually see that happening
Mirth wrote:A prize? You mean like a 16-tom-weight to drop on us when we attack him with a raspberry?
lol, lets hope we don't accidently release the tiger ;)
chenhsi wrote:I am not random voting because this is chaos and I'm confused :(
I don't like this either, though tbh, it's not as bad as Internet's rolefishing.
If Iron man is trying tell us, then it is obvoiusly advantageous to know his role early on, so rolefishing would be the right thing to do. Even if he is false claiming, then it exposes him to a counterclaim earlier, exposing his scuminess earlier. As for why I guess 4 at once, I was merely asking about the roles I felt were most likely to be in the game from that episode. Even if the claim serves only his purposes,it more than likely does not aid the scum. Overall, rolefishing on Iron Man is the best play currently, and your attempts to stall it make me suspicious. I'm keeping my vote on you.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Okay, so, here's the deal, my post restriction lifts on every 13th post I make, when the episode is on, which fulfils the world's need for Albatrosses. Every other post I make must begin and end with 'Albatross!' and can only have 12 words so it does not cause the episode to air early. I was trying to allude to the number 12 earlier. I can't multipost or I get an undisclosed penalty. I'm trying to make this post worth it so here we go.

Concerning the bread crumbing, I am suspicious of him being so forward about it. It's not bread crumbing when he says 'My role is here' that is just revealing his role. Which makes me suspicious. I'm not inclined to believe Imaginality's post restriction because he was really not paying much attention to it in pre game.

I'm not sure about Mirth, she might be required to make a lot of jokes, because she's not usually this light hearted from what I've seen.

Chenhsi is generally confused, so I think that much is genuine. Also, chenhsi, imaginality maintains that

The Internet I have no particular lean on, however the last post I do not like, because we can't be sure that he is either town or serious.

I'm discouraged by the fact that Farside and others are not contributing but just joking, I have no problem with joking, don't just make it all you do.

I'm a little worried about the role dropping, because it might have unforeseen effects on the game. This is a shaft.ed game, if something is unexpected it happened already.

If you ask me a question or want my input from here on out it would be appreciated if you made a system of abbreviations to let me answer the question in a single post.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:09 am

Post by Mirth »

The Internet: considering how many possible roles there are, i highly doubt even a faked role would be counterclaimed.

Gurgi, I have no post restriction, but it's hard to be my usual humorless aggressive self when a) Monty Python is involved, and b)most everyone is babbling nonsense. Might aswell join the insanity.

Other thoughts, I don't like Strappados reasns for voting, hence why I'm voting her.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:33 am

Post by farside22 »

@LG okay I didn't really need to hear the whole reason you were saying Albatrosses I figured it was a post restriction. Why do you question Iron Man's bread crumb. There could be a good reason for him to want people to guess. No one has guessed right so far so he hasn't be blantant.
From what I see most people (including myself) are being silly. It is Python after all. Why didn't you mention Rogue's role dropping in all your comments?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:01 am

Post by shaft.ed »

The Not-So FlavorfulVote Count:

JordanA24
(4) Azimuth, The Internet, farside22, Iron Man
imaginality
(5) TheSweatpantsNinja, strappado, elvis_knits
chenhsi
(1) SpyreX
The Internet
(1) JordanA24
Bruce
(1) imaginality
strappado
(1) Mirth
Iron Man
(1) DarlaBlueEyes

Not voting
(Pokerface, Rogue Shenanigans, Lord Gurgi, Bogre, Luigi Gangsta, chenhsi)

With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch and 9 to No Lynch.

Prods have been sent, keep in mind the holiday.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:17 am

Post by The Internet »

In response to what others have been saying, I guess you are right that I can't be sure about him being truthful, but if he claims, it still gives us more info, allowing us to scumhunt better.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

RS has one post. IM seems odd to want guesses.

Albatross!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Mirth »

Mod: "3 sir!"
I'm going to continue arguing with you since you didn't give me a post restriction and that makes me sad :(

Interwebs: Doubtful. Very easy to fake a believable claim, especially in a game like this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

RS has one post. IM seems odd to want guesses.

Albatross!
More then one post has been made about his cigarette. Seems he is looking for someone.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”