Mini 610: Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over!!

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Rishi »

SensFan wrote:Rishi and Joubert, both claim please.
Why?

Also, I said I'm not claiming unless at least three people ask.

=======================================
Page 21 Votecount

Non-Jurors:

**Rishi: (0/7)
Joubert: (6/7) {Mirth, malthusis, Cream147, ChiefSkye4, Gorrad, SensFan}
Matt_S: (0/7)
Natirasha: (0/7)
populartajo: (1/7) {Battle Mage}

Jurors

ChiefSkye4: (0/6, 0/1)
Cream147: (0/6, 0/1)
Gorrad: (0/6, 0/1)
malthusis: (0/6, 1/1) Rishi
Mirth: (0/6, 1/1) Joubert
SensFan: (0/6, 1/1) Matt_S
Battle Mage: (0/6, 0/1)

Not Voting: (2/12) Natirasha, populartajo

Deadline for D1: Monday July 7, 6:15PM GMT+10
=======================================
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I don't like the Joubert lynch. He has lurked, but so has 50% of the game. He just does it more blatantly. I do want a claim from both Rishi and Joubert, though.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Rishi »

All right. That's three. I'm not sure why you all want this claim, since I hinted that my claim will be harmful for the town, but here we go:

I'm the judge. I set the jury for the next day by ranking all the people in the game from top to bottom.

It doesn't seem to be an exact science, but there's definitely some influence. The top four people on babygirl's list made the jury, numbers five and six were skipped and then seven through nine made the jury.

Babygirl put herself as Number 5, for the record. I'm not allowed to put myself at the top of the list, for the record.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Joubert »

Mirth wrote:Joubert, I wouldn't be trailing it 20 pages if you answered me the first time I asked. But you didn't. And you still don't. Your only defense is that i "should put [my] pride aside"
So what was your question exactly?
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Rishi wrote:All right. That's three. I'm not sure why you all want this claim, since I hinted that my claim will be harmful for the town, but here we go:

I'm the judge. I set the jury for the next day by ranking all the people in the game from top to bottom.

It doesn't seem to be an exact science, but there's definitely some influence. The top four people on babygirl's list made the jury, numbers five and six were skipped and then seven through nine made the jury.

Babygirl put herself as Number 5, for the record. I'm not allowed to put myself at the top of the list, for the record.
I knew it. I knew you were a power role of some description. Joubert, why did you not claim in your last post? We absolutely need a claim from you now. It's lucky for us that BM is the only person who is stopping Joubert from being lynched now, as we know he will be on before the deadline!
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rishi wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I'd rather not have more claims than we need to. Hence i have asked you to claim. Do me a favour, and dont question my motives until you have given me the opportunity to reveal them. -.-
I've already made it quite clear that i dont want to see Joubert die today.
And I've already made it quite clear that the following facts exist:

1) You suggested condorcet voting and encouraged people to submit their lists.
Indeed. I felt it was the only way we would organise ourselves by deadline.
Rishi wrote: 2) You did not submit a list yourself, nor did you ever compile the lists into a favored lynch, as you said that you would.
I never submitted a list myself because nobody showed any intention of ACTUALLY compiling the lists. I had not stated that i would. The actual purpose of the exercise was to establish who people were willing to lynch. As most people only submitted 3 players, the exercise became farsicle and the result was that we could not reach a decision on which we were all agreed. Something to work on tomorrow i guess.
Rishi wrote: 3) You are not going along with the general opinion of those who have submitted lists and therefore are breaking the implied agreement made when condorcet voting was suggested.
The idea of the condorcet voting system was to establish a lynch we were ALL happy with. I am not happy with a Joubert lynch by any means. I'm quite willing to compromise with a lesser target, but i'm not going to jump at the chance to kill someone who there is NO real case on, and who i feel is most likely town. Thats just how Mafia works.
Rishi wrote: 4) You are now fishing for a roleclaim from me and not from Joubert.
Yup. I think i've made that abundantly clear. :D
Rishi wrote: 5) You claim to have "motives" that cannot be revealed.
Yep. Well, to be more specific, i have motives which cannot be revealed to YOU. :P
Rishi wrote: Do you disagree with any of the facts? If not, and you let me die, then you will have to face the consequences of your actions. If at least two other players asked me to claim (besides you), then I will. But, I don't want to give up the information I have unless absolutely necessary. Right now, I don't think it is.
If you have 'information' i wouldve expected you to claim by now. I've been completely open about how i feel. Why cant you respond in kind?
Time is running out.

Rishi wrote:And if you think I have no interest in saving myself, then you're just dead wrong.

Do what you will. I don't submit to bullies.

(Yes, the "18 hours a day on Mafia" thing was a joke.)
DEAD wrong? is that a...threat? rofl

Do what you will. I don't submit to idiots.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rishi wrote:All right. That's three. I'm not sure why you all want this claim, since I hinted that my claim will be harmful for the town, but here we go:

can you please post the list that Babygirl submitted?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Cream147 wrote:Rishi, there is one concern I have. If BM doesn't shift soon, you may have to claim, especially if you are a power role. However, this isn't in my opinion, the optimal situation. Condorcet voting has told us that Joubert is the preferred conviction. Therefore, from my eyes, we should be convicting Joubert. Joubert should be claiming. Rishi should be staying alive (and therefore not claiming).
thats the problem. Whilst some of you have reached a consensus that Joubert is a good lynch, im just not feeling it. A compromise is one thing. Convicting someone i feel is highly likely to be town, on poor reasoning, is quite another. That said, Rishi has claimed a confirmable power-role.
I need to reread, and i want to see Babygirl's alleged rankings from the previous night, but in the meantime, it's probably advisable that we wait for any
counter-claims
as 'The Judge' seems to be a pretty integral part of the flavour. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:05 am

Post by SensFan »

Battle Mage wrote:
Cream147 wrote:Rishi, there is one concern I have. If BM doesn't shift soon, you may have to claim, especially if you are a power role. However, this isn't in my opinion, the optimal situation. Condorcet voting has told us that Joubert is the preferred conviction. Therefore, from my eyes, we should be convicting Joubert. Joubert should be claiming. Rishi should be staying alive (and therefore not claiming).
thats the problem. Whilst some of you have reached a consensus that Joubert is a good lynch, im just not feeling it. A compromise is one thing. Convicting someone i feel is highly likely to be town, on poor reasoning, is quite another. That said, Rishi has claimed a confirmable power-role.
I need to reread, and i want to see Babygirl's alleged rankings from the previous night, but in the meantime, it's probably advisable that we wait for any
counter-claims

BM
BM,

I do not feel that a single Jury member should have the right to stop a lynch. If we allow Jury members to stop a lynch because they are 'not feeling it', then a Jury of 2 Scum with a Town defendant will be lynching Town, something we cannot allow. As far as I am concerned, if most (read all but 1 or 2) of the Jury - as well as a good part of the Town - want someone lynched, the Jury members must fall in line and vote for that person. You are not higher than any of us, and I am not willing to give you the kind of leverage and power you seem to want. Vote for Joubert before the Day ends, or I will be gunning for your lynch tomorrow.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SensFan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
counter-claims

BM
BM,

I do not feel that a single Jury member should have the right to stop a lynch. If we allow Jury members to stop a lynch because they are 'not feeling it', then a Jury of 2 Scum with a Town defendant will be lynching Town, something we cannot allow. As far as I am concerned, if most (read all but 1 or 2) of the Jury - as well as a good part of the Town - want someone lynched, the Jury members must fall in line and vote for that person. You are not higher than any of us, and I am not willing to give you the kind of leverage and power you seem to want. Vote for Joubert before the Day ends, or I will be gunning for your lynch tomorrow.
Sensfan,

Thats a really poorly thought out analogy. If we force jury members to vote for somebody who the majority agrees, it will only a very small proportion of the town to be wrong for us to concede the game. Also, if people dont give their opinions, we don't learn anything. Let's say nobody supports a Joubert lynch with any real conviction (not that far from the truth, ironically enough lol) but he gets strung up because those who do oppose it, feel obliged to go along with it anyway. What the hell do we learn!?
If he comes up scum, we learn nothing from players behaviour towards him. If he comes up town, we learn nothing from players behaviour towards him. You seem to want us to take pot-shots into the town, by removing a crucial dimension of Scumhunting.

You know me, Sensfan. I'm not afraid to be controversial at the best of times. I certainly won't be told what to do by someone who is no more confirmed innocent than the next guy. Whether i am 'higher' than you or not is irrelevant. We are all equal, and have equal entitlement to an opinion. I'm not quite sure where you got the impression i was going to run the deadline out, but it was unfounded. WAS. Now, i'm not so sure. I don't respond well to being ordered around. Nobody is that edgy about saving Joubert.

You can gun for my lynch tomorrow all you want. But because you carry no more sway than anyone else here, including myself, i'm not taking your threat all that seriously. Especially coming from someone who expects us to follow a policy of minimal scumhunting. rofl

I've asked for any counter-claims. By not responding, you are wasting time. Wouldn't want Rishi's death on your head, would ya? :D

love,

BM

xxxx
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:34 am

Post by SensFan »

Battle Mage wrote:
If we force jury members to vote for somebody who the majority agrees, it will only a very small proportion of the town to be wrong for us to concede the game.
BM,

The above sentence is downright wrong, seeing as the lynch in a normal game is controlled by the majority of votes.

Lots of love,

SensFan

xoxoxo

P.S. We may or may not be as 'equal' as you may think, in terms of opinion :wink:.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:44 am

Post by Cream147 »

Battle Mage wrote:
counter-claims

BM
I don't expect you to vote yet BM, if you want to wait to see if there are any counterclaims, then fine. However, assuming no counterclaims, the choice you are left to make is a simple one. It may be unfortunate, but we have known that this was the case since Chief Skye put on his vote. If the judge is convicted due to your not voting, then on your head be it.

Joubert, a claim from you would be handy.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Rishi »

Battle Mage wrote: can you please post the list that Babygirl submitted?
Absolutely not. I don't even know what purpose this would serve. I told you all the relevant information from the list.

Plus, it would fall under the general rule of not quoting things that the mod has sent.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SensFan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
If we force jury members to vote for somebody who the majority agrees, it will only a very small proportion of the town to be wrong for us to concede the game.
BM,

The above sentence is downright wrong, seeing as the lynch in a normal game is controlled by the majority of votes.

Lots of love,

SensFan

xoxoxo

P.S. We may or may not be as 'equal' as you may think, in terms of opinion :wink:.
No, the above statement is right, if u assume that in a normal game, scum make up approximately 1/4 of the players at the start. That means that only 1/3 of the town is required to be wrong for us to be screwed. Or more importantly, we need 2/3 of the town to be absolutely correct about who is scum, or we face mislynch after mislynch, after mislynch.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rishi wrote:
Absolutely not. I don't even know what purpose this would serve. I told you all the relevant information from the list.

Plus, it would fall under the general rule of not quoting things that the mod has sent.
It would help to validate your claim. I'm frankly not bothered if you die or not at this point, if you are determined to slow us down, and reluctant to give the town the information it needs to confirm you.

What possible reason would i want this information as scum?

And dont pull the 'Mod wont let me' bs. A cop can claim who he investigates, and a doc can claim who he targets. Why wouldnt you be able to claim who BG submitted in the same manner?

There is no way you could be punished for that. Enough excuses. Finish claiming.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Cream147 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
counter-claims

BM
I don't expect you to vote yet BM, if you want to wait to see if there are any counterclaims, then fine. However, assuming no counterclaims, the choice you are left to make is a simple one. It may be unfortunate, but we have known that this was the case since Chief Skye put on his vote. If the judge is convicted due to your not voting, then on your head be it.

Joubert, a claim from you would be handy.
As much as it pains me to say it, i'll see a potential power role hang, if he is completely unwilling to claim his previous night choice. Why would he be reluctant to claim this, if he was town?

You're probably right about a Joubert claim at this point.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Rishi »

Battle Mage wrote:
Rishi wrote:

It would help to validate your claim. I'm frankly not bothered if you die or not at this point, if you are determined to slow us down, and reluctant to give the town the information it needs to confirm you.

And dont pull the 'Mod wont let me' bs. A cop can claim who he investigates, and a doc can claim who he targets. Why wouldnt you be able to claim who BG submitted in the same manner?

There is no way you could be punished for that. Enough excuses. Finish claiming.
Will you vote for Joubert if I post the list? You're the one who is stalling the game more than anyone else.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rishi wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Will you vote for Joubert if I post the list? You're the one who is stalling the game more than anyone else.
That depends on what the list looks like. Most probably, yes. To put it another way, if you don't post the list, i will not be voting for Joubert.

Clear?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:59 am

Post by SensFan »

Battle Mage wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
BM,

Lots of love,

SensFan

xoxoxo

No, the above statement is right, if u assume that in a normal game, scum make up approximately 1/4 of the players at the start. That means that only 1/3 of the town is required to be wrong for us to be screwed. Or more importantly, we need 2/3 of the town to be absolutely correct about who is scum, or we face mislynch after mislynch, after mislynch.

BM
No, you fail. In a normal game, majority determines the lynch. I see no reason why you should be allowed to veto the majority choice here, saying that there is not enough support for him to be lynched.

Assuming no counter-claims, you will be voting Joubert today.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Mirth »

I am itching to unvote and vote BM or Sens right now for pushing a claim out of Rishi, but not pushing Joubert to claim. Especially BM for rather obviously trying to push the lynch until deadline and get Rishi lynched.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:02 am

Post by SensFan »

Mirth wrote:I am itching to unvote and vote BM or Sens right now for pushing a claim out of Rishi, but not pushing Joubert to claim.
I asked for a claim from both, in one sentence. I did not push either, really, but I did push equally.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Rishi »

Battle Mage wrote: That depends on what the list looks like. Most probably, yes. To put it another way, if you don't post the list, i will not be voting for Joubert.

Clear?
I am only doing this to save myself. Guess who is going at the bottom of my list tomorrow.

1.Mirth
2. Slysly
3. Gorrad
4. ChiefSkye4
5. Babygirl86
6. MafiaSSK
7. theopor_COD
8. malthusis
9. Cream147
10. Joubert
11. populartajo
12. Natirasha
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Mirth »

You shouldn't have posted that.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Rishi »

Mirth wrote:You shouldn't have posted that.
My hands were tied. If I wanted to save myself, what do you think I should I have done?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Mirth »

Rishi wrote:
Mirth wrote:You shouldn't have posted that.
My hands were tied. If I wanted to save myself, what do you think I should I have done?
Not given BM any more info that he doesn't need. Note how he didnt mention the plan to save you that he supposedly has

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”