Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Korts »

BlakAdder wrote:@ rofl:
I understand why you're thinking this way, but you're reading a bit too much into what I say. First, this is just how my thought processes work. Second, by the time that I got back to the thread, looked over the posts that were made in my absence, and found someone scummy, everyone else had already said what I thought was suspicious of the other players. I didn't think it would give me much credibility if I just quoted everybody.
Paraphrase. God gave you a brain and a mouth, say it in your own words.

@armlx: you are trying to prepare multiple lynches. Not good. Real bad. And what is this connection that you speak of?

@fl: policy lynches (lynching Vamp because he's not likely to play insightfully) are bad for town, because policy lynching draws attention away from scumhunting, while also declaring the necessity for someone to die regardless of alignment. This does not lead to winning. I'm explaining this nicely to you because you seem fresh.
scumchat never die
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:50 am

Post by armlx »

@armlx: you are trying to prepare multiple lynches. Not good. Real bad. And what is this connection that you speak of?
SC defending you.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

But, it's not JUST a policy lynch. Can you say with full honestly Vamp hasn't been scummy? The policy is a factor, but to be honest his play has just been really scummy. That's the main reason I support it.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

korts wrote:@armlx: you are trying to prepare multiple lynches. Not good. Real bad.
further evidence that armlx should not live to see dawn tomorrow.

korts is looking less and less scummy.

more people should vote for blakadder.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Korts »

armlx wrote:
SC defending you.
Right, yet you fail to draw the same connection between forbiddanlight and me. Strange.

unvote, vote: armlx

Should've done that a long time ago.
scumchat never die
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:10 am

Post by armlx »

Right, yet you fail to draw the same connection between forbiddanlight and me. Strange.
I've already stated why I'm starting to believe fl isn't scum. I still believe that, and hence did not feel the connection there was relevant.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:20 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: armlx
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 5

Vamparific - (4) {forbiddanlight, strife220, Sun Tzu, Iron Man}

armix - (2) {Korts, roflcopter}

Korts - (2) {iamusername, armix}

BlakAdder - (1) {StrangerCoug}

iamusername - (1) {Greasy Spot}

StrangerCoug - (1) {Lowell}

Not Voting: {BlakAdder, Enlight_Bystand, JordanA24, silence, -TinVision-, Vamparific}.

With 17 left alive it will take 9 to lynch.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by strife220 »

Korts, how confident are you in your Armix vote? If fairly confident, I'd like to see a full case because I don't seem to understand it. I'm asking you not Rofl because I don't want to have to read about Armix's page 1 pseudo-rolefishing again.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Vamparific »

oh i got lotsa votes...lol
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by armlx »

Vamparific wrote:oh i got lotsa votes...lol
Good posting......

I strongly suggest we ignore a vamp lynch however. People list him are optimal vig targets as their lynches rarely polarize people.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by Korts »

armlx wrote:
Good posting......

I strongly suggest we ignore a vamp lynch however. People list him are optimal vig targets as their lynches rarely polarize people.
I assume that's "people
him". But I agree with you on this.

@strife:
armlx wrote:
armlx, it was stupidly, blatantly obvious who my mason partner was if i just claimed mason, thanks to you rolefishing for just that information.
Sigh, you accuse me of role fishing that info out when A) a large number of players pushed your wagon to claim and B) you volunteered the bread crumb.
First, changing history, the "wagon to claim" thing. Not all that scummy by itself, but it not being correct invalidates the argument, yet armlx keeps pushing the point it should serve to strengthen.
armlx wrote:
You can't tell me masons outing themselves really hurts the town.
It does. Anything that gives the mafia more information in who to target at night is going to hurt the town, especially if the "pay off" for the town is getting 2 confirmed innocents who won't likely last long.
This is just theory, but I still can't agree with it or see how one could truly believe this. The masons outing themselves give the town two confirmed townies, narrowing the field, and also makes the NK choice harder for both factions of scum, because they can't synchronize their kills. Basically the two choices left for scum are either killing one of the two confirmeds, or trying to hunt for power roles, both of which have serious drawbacks in that by killing one of the two confirmeds, scum let go of the possibility of killing a power role, and if they choose to hunt power roles, the town will still have two confirmeds Day 2. Again, this isn't much of a point against armlx, I just don't see why armlx keeps arguing against the masons claiming when they already have.
armlx wrote:
Korts wrote:
Vote: forbiddanlight

You're not willing to start a bandwagon, but will be jumping on it if it has momentum? Preemptively justifying any opportunism? Just die.
I concur with everything this post has to say except (partially) the last sentence.

Vote forbiddanlight
Nicely done wagon hopping; although this action doesn't amount to much in the way of scumminess because the case on forbiddanlight was made up of this single point at the time, and there was no need to reiterate it when I had just pointed it out a couple posts before.
armlx wrote:Rofl, you just aren't going to stop OMGUSing me for starting the wagon that lead to your claim, are you?
Again, changing history, which doesn't sit well with me at all. Rofl had expressed suspicions of armlx before armlx had started the wagon. Calling it OMGUS would be so big a reach that it would be, in fact, the exact opposite of reality.
armlx wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Korts wrote:
armlx wrote:
This is poor logic because there is 5 scum compared to 15 town. So even if you eliminate 1 town (the vig himself), it's still only a 5 in 19 chance of hitting scum, with a decent chance of hitting a town power role.
I will be happy to argue the logic behind N0 vigging outside the thread some other time, but for now no one should bring up the subject any more as it will give away who can't be the vig if people agree/disagree.
And with that, you've just given away that you're not the vig. Good job.
roflcopter, this is what rolefishing looks like.
Unvote, Vote: Korts
Yup.

Unvote, Vote KortS

I have a suspicion fl is just newbie wagon bait in general.
This I feel much more like wagon hopping, although I'm obviously biased here.

And then, only recently, armlx tries to set up a Day 2 lynch, when we haven't reached a consensus on the Day 1 lynch, either; and even though forbiddanlight reacts almost exactly like SC does, armlx only draws a connection between SC and me, not fl and me. His explanation is that he finds fl not to be scum, but to me, that sounds like avoiding the admission that there is the same connection between fl and me.

So that's basically my case.
scumchat never die
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by armlx »

Again, this isn't much of a point against armlx, I just don't see why armlx keeps arguing against the masons claiming when they already have.
Its relevant to Lowell's townieness later on.
First, changing history, the "wagon to claim" thing. Not all that scummy by itself, but it not being correct invalidates the argument, yet armlx keeps pushing the point it should serve to strengthen.
I had assumed in reading this was the reason rofl had claimed, although it was admittedly early for a claim by wagon. Given rofl's post, the cause of his claim was fairly ambiguous IMO, so my posts on the topic are hardly "changing history".

Also, nice job misordering the 2 quotes to make it look like 2 incidents.

So your case now amounts to something you admit is only minorly scummy and something you admit is biased by OMGUS.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Korts »

Nice way of ignoring the points that actually made me vote you. Read the last paragraph. Setting up Day 2 lynch, ignoring possible forbiddanlight-Korts connection despite having the same basis as the SC-Korts connection.
scumchat never die
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:23 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

If I were you and I did not want to get replaced or die, I'd start posting something decent. We have 11 pages worth of information so far and you have said little if anything about it. There just
has
to be something you have an opinion on. If you must do so, ask questions about other's opinion.
Korts wrote:
armlx wrote:
armlx, it was stupidly, blatantly obvious who my mason partner was if i just claimed mason, thanks to you rolefishing for just that information.
Sigh, you accuse me of role fishing that info out when A) a large number of players pushed your wagon to claim and B) you volunteered the bread crumb.
armlx wrote:
You can't tell me masons outing themselves really hurts the town.
It does. Anything that gives the mafia more information in who to target at night is going to hurt the town, especially if the "pay off" for the town is getting 2 confirmed innocents who won't likely last long.
This is just theory, but I still can't agree with it or see how one could truly believe this. The masons outing themselves give the town two confirmed townies, narrowing the field, and also makes the NK choice harder for both factions of scum, because they can't synchronize their kills. Basically the two choices left for scum are either killing one of the two confirmeds, or trying to hunt for power roles, both of which have serious drawbacks in that by killing one of the two confirmeds, scum let go of the possibility of killing a power role, and if they choose to hunt power roles, the town will still have two confirmeds Day 2. Again, this isn't much of a point against armlx, I just don't see why armlx keeps arguing against the masons claiming when they already have.
armlx wrote:Its relevant to Lowell's townieness later on.
armlx, you have contradicted yourself. You said that roflcopter was bandwagoned to the point of claiming mason, which Korts said he was not. You then bring Lowell into this, implying that you knew that he asked for a mason claim. Said claim request is actually why I currently think he's scummy (remember that I was
VERY
hesitant to clear roflcopter of my suspicions), but other issues have come up since. Some of them involve you. So without further ado:

Unvote: BlakAdder
Vote: armlx
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:32 am

Post by roflcopter »

the more armlx keeps strawmanning people, the more obvious this gets.

its like every time somebody has brought up scummy things armlx has done, he chooses the one he thinks he can most easily refute and says jack squat about the rest of the points in the case.

dear vigilante,
please kill vamp tonight for the good of the colony.
love roflcopter
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Korts »

These vig-directing comments are very scummy, you know, rofl, even though they're true. If you weren't untouchable, I'd make you squeal like a schoolgirl...
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:14 am

Post by roflcopter »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

good thing i'm both untouchable and right.
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Korts »

roflcopter wrote:eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

good thing i'm both untouchable and right.
Hey, I'm not saying you're not. I know you are, eventually. I just like the sound of schoolgirls squealing, and incidentally, also would want you down for vig-directing if not for the claim.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:20 am

Post by roflcopter »

meh. consensus vig directing is actually a good thing for the town if the vig will listen. its like an extra lynch.

also, if we keep a tally of a consensus for who should be vigged, that person can claim if they have a claim, and we don't run the risk of the vig offing a power role without giving him a chance to say anything.
soi soi soi

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:23 am

Post by iamausername »

forbiddanlight wrote:Let me say I don't support the KortS lynch. I feel he made an honest mistake, that was worth an FoS, but he doesn't need to die for it.
If you think it was an honest mistake, why is it worth a FoS?

BlakAdder case is not terrible, but Korts and StrangerCoug have clearly outed themselves as scumbuddies.
roflcopter wrote:armlx, it was stupidly, blatantly obvious who my mason partner was if i just claimed mason, thanks to you rolefishing for just that information.
Pretty sure it was stupidly, blatantly obvious who your mason partner is thanks to you saying "iron man is obviously town. obviously.", which was nothing to do with armlx. Don't understand why you're pursuing the armlx wagon when it's led by obvscum.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Iron Man »

Sorry guys, I'm about four pages behind on this thread, and I'm gonna be out to a party today, and then a family reunion tomarrow, so I'll try to get in a post on my thoughts later tomarrow or Sunday.
I'm back.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

i've been pursuing armlx since page one.

and you had to wait this long to take a dig at me why?
soi soi soi

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:29 am

Post by iamausername »

I evidently missed that quote when it was originally posted, but saw it in my catch up read just now, and felt a need to point out how wrongheaded it is.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:33 am

Post by -TinVision- »

roflcopter wrote:
Korts wrote: @armlx: you are trying to prepare multiple lynches. Not good. Real bad.
further evidence that armlx should not live to see dawn tomorrow.

korts is looking less and less scummy.

more people should vote for blakadder.
As the guy who started pressuring BlakAdder for bandwagoning, I'll say that I'm satisfied with BlakAdder's answers. Frankly, we have too many people voting without giving rationale for all of them to be scum. Given that BlakAdder answered well when pressured about it, I feel OK letting it lie for the time being.

I'm gonna ignore the Vamp wagon for now. Either he'll give up and be replaced or he can be taken care of later.

I find armlx to be fairly protown. Around the time he cut off of further conversation re: n0 vigging, I began to feel pretty strong indications he was protown.

I need to take a closer look at Korts, but I need to do fourth of July family things, so it'll have to come later.

For now, I'll finish off with a lurker vote.
Vote: Silence
lol objective morality

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”