Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 789, Gentleman 5 wrote:I think youre too good for him.
Gentleman 5, out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on our pairing as of right now?

PEdit:
Gentleman 5 wrote:
Gentleman 4 wrote:I think I'm beginning to fall for my dance partner. This game is dangerous.
When G4 talks about L3, I do get uneasy.
Perfect timing! Explain?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1657, Gentleman 4 wrote:Explain this, then please.
In post 1638, Lady 6 wrote:If G8 is randomly picking, why not just pick the first single lady. She's his partner.
Context. G8 avoided his partner L1. That's why she should be single.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 795, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 785, Gentleman 5 wrote:Personally, I feel outting townreads are a bad idea until dance time, but thats just me?
Wait, why is outing townreads a bad idea? I'm of the opinion that we should get a strong towncore--of course, this does depend on our ability to keep scum out. I don't really see the advantage of hiding them?

Also, L9, why did you accept so early?
Gentleman 7, you also seem disappointed in Lady 9 pairing with Gentleman 2, do I misrepresent?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1701, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 1657, Gentleman 4 wrote:Explain this, then please.
In post 1638, Lady 6 wrote:If G8 is randomly picking, why not just pick the first single lady. She's his partner.
Context. G8 avoided his partner L1. That's why she should be single.
I see, you were talking about L1. The sentence structure threw me off, my bad.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I didnt think the old you was going to contribute towards the game, and I thought L3 deserved a better pairing at the time.

I think you are town, jury is out on L3 for me, your straight trust of L3 muddies the water for both of you. It seems too confident for my liking.

I mean if you catch my drift, it would really help my read of you, you know?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1704, Gentleman 5 wrote:I didnt think the old you was going to contribute towards the game, and I thought L3 deserved a better pairing at the time.

I think you are town, jury is out on L3 for me, your straight trust of L3 muddies the water for both of you. It seems too confident for my liking.

I mean if you catch my drift, it would really help my read of you, you know?
I catch your drift and I don't think you should be as afraid as you are. I'd love to talk more about Lady 3, but unless you deem it necessary, I will curtail my explanation until tomorrow. I want to say that I've been distinctly discrete in my diction this game and many times I've seen what I believe to be people interpreting positive comments from me as indications of a read on that certain player, and while that isn't always untrue, it isn't specifically accurate, either. To extrapolate, while I've voiced approval for the actions of my lady, that doesn't necessarily mean I read her alignment that way (although it would be somewhat dishonest to say that I don't at least to some extent), and I definitely enjoy many of the approaches she's made, confidence in her alignment is not a characteristic of mine.

In summation, I believe I catch your drift, I am wary of my lady -- yet not too much so -- and will discuss much more, I think, tomorrow.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 828, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 819, Gentleman 6 wrote:2 got paired up with 9 whom I am not sure is town

1 I am leaning but not concrete that they are town.
3 is up in the air.
4 I think is town but want to see more from the replacement.
5 I'm not liking.
6 is town!
7 I think is town.
8 I don't remember.
I love this list so much.
What in particular do you like about it?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Lady 6 »

VLA until Tuesday
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Hangovers suck. I’ll probably go back through today’s pages later to read more slowly after getting done work done, but I mostly just looked for things that I needed to respond to.

L4/g4 - thank you. I woke up today thinking about how much of a bitch I was, so seeing that was nice. I hate toxicity in games and really hate when I’m the toxic asshole, and That’s what I felt like I was.

G4 - l4 is about as strong of a townread I get in the early game.

L6 - I don’t know who you are. My guess on you being able to demolish this town if scum comes from your entrance then case/read on l4. Like your entrance was you getting some heat and being called reactive and defended yourself, then you drop in with a case on l4, which looks gooood. You didn’t just sit here defending yourself, you were scumhunting too, and with a type of case that most people are going to eat up and if not scum read l4 for will town read you for. Thats fucking smart as shit, and if you are scum here then I think this is just a small taste of what you can do. My concern with the case was that it felt narrative building and lacked depth which was my original cause for concern, and maybe it’s a little unfair of me to expect depth this early, and yes I realize I just built a narrative myself :p

So does the above make you definite scum no of course not, could be from town too, but I am suspicious.

G3/about g3 - I'll preface this by saying that I’ve never played a dance game. I haven’t thought about optimal pairings nor do I care to. I haven’t thought about endgame nor do I care to. I signed up for the game because it was a fakegod game that was anonymous. I just wanted to play a fun blind game with no expectations or pressure for how I or anyone else should play. So my approach to painting has been, if you want to pair with a particular player pair with them, and in the choosing there might be some alignment indicative stuff, and if not oh well people can enjoy their time in the game.

So with that said, most of the strategy talk has gone completely over my head.

But g3 your approach has felt disingenuous. Your theory is fine, and in theory sure yeah I guess it’s probably sound, you seem to have played this game a lot. Which makes your theory nai because it’s a strategy real you probably really holds, so it’s really easy for scum you to mood your actual strategy to gain your best advantage to win as scum. Does that sound convoluted? It kinda does to me.

Anyway why the approach to me sounds disingenuous is because the way you framed it. Your question was whether or not I believed that you and I could make it to endgame because you thought I should make it to endgame and you’d only want to pair with me if enough people thought you were town too. Am I misunderstanding?

My problem with this is that of the peel who did not have requests on the table, you were the towniest of them. The only others were the mostly absent g7, g1 and the wholly absent g8. If your strategy for end game was so important to you, and I at the time was your strongest townread, or a strong townread, how come that was not something you were vocal about in the earlier pairings? (If you were point them out because I don’t remember). Did you have strong townreads on the remaining gents? If not, why didn’t you consider that oh I’m leaving a strong town read of mine who I think should be at end game for possible scum?

Now your position has changed, now you don’t want to pair with me because I’m not a strong town read anymore, which uh kinda nullifies the above because if now you don’t think I should be at endgame then it shouldn’t matter right? Except for now it’s that you think you’re going to be left, which would mean you can’t make it to endgame, so you don’t want someone who will leave you.

So it feels to me like you were stalling and I wonder if that’s because you’re scum whose partners weren’t here and you didn’t want to act before you all could strategize. There’s also a part of me that thinks that if you were scum that you’d not be so open about being afraid to be left.

I saw g8’s proposal and I don’t know what to think about it. I’d prefer g7 or g1 to g8 who’s literally done nothing but role play. I also have a theory about the g8 proposal that I want to sit on for a minute but I don’t think it’s on the up and up.

I think that was all, but if I missed something ask again or I’ll pick it up when/if I go back through the previous pages.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1706, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 828, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 819, Gentleman 6 wrote:2 got paired up with 9 whom I am not sure is town

1 I am leaning but not concrete that they are town.
3 is up in the air.
4 I think is town but want to see more from the replacement.
5 I'm not liking.
6 is town!
7 I think is town.
8 I don't remember.
I love this list so much.
What in particular do you like about it?
It’s relatable. It was waffly, and being that I’m really waffly it makes me happy to see someone else that’s kinda like eh I don’t know.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 1545, Lady 5 wrote:If I was scum I would have instantly accepted Gent 5’s proposal. Did you think of that?
This is scummy. She's right that accepting it would be scummy, but not accepting it doesn't make it town. I'm of the opinion that L5 should stay out, but L1 is also looking pretty bad right now. I think L6 should stay.
In post 1658, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 572, Gentleman 7 wrote:Actually, am I missing something?

When I think about it, isn't this just a case of finding one town lady to pair with the IC, and then...just no one else pairs up at all (Ideally we'd come up with backup pairs to organize at the last second in case scum tries to make a S/S pairing in the last minute). Although this sounds like it's starting to get really unfun.
How many of these games have you played before? This has been suggested often, but no solid method of executing this idea has ever been suggested.
This is actually my first time playing a dance game. Like any "good" player, I haven't looked at a single one of the previous ones for reference.
In post 1702, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 795, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 785, Gentleman 5 wrote:Personally, I feel outting townreads are a bad idea until dance time, but thats just me?
Wait, why is outing townreads a bad idea? I'm of the opinion that we should get a strong towncore--of course, this does depend on our ability to keep scum out. I don't really see the advantage of hiding them?

Also, L9, why did you accept so early?
Gentleman 7, you also seem disappointed in Lady 9 pairing with Gentleman 2, do I misrepresent?
I wasn't disappointed, but at the time, my top 4 townreads were:
G2
L9
G6
L7

I wanted G2 and L7 to pair up over L9 and G6, this way, the scum would have to choose between making kills in those 2 pairs that I considered to be roughly equal (assuming there's no deepwolf in there). I would have preferred a bit more discussion from L9 to see how other people she was townreading were feeling.
In post 1707, Lady 6 wrote:
VLA until Tuesday
[/quote
Are you going to be around to accept any invitations? Otherwise you'll wind up being excluded.

Looking over L2, I'm going to be a bit suspicious, but such is the result when I'm not townread. I do prefer L7, but of the remaining people, L2 is the one I'd like most.
Lady 7, would you like to dance?

If you're not dancing with me, I would like you to dance with G3, I think he's town.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1708, Lady 7 wrote:My guess on you being able to demolish this town if scum comes from your entrance then case/read on l4. Like your entrance was you getting some heat and being called reactive and defended yourself, then you drop in with a case on l4, which looks gooood.
Is no one else ever going to read that case closely enough to notice it's a horrible crock of shit and literally nonfactual? I have a hard time believing it's real it's so terrible.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

Fixed quote:
In post 1707, Lady 6 wrote:
VLA until Tuesday
Are you going to be around to accept any invitations? Otherwise you'll wind up being excluded.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Lady 6 »

Hit or miss. Earlier the better.

Mod: I auto accept any dance offer if legal.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Is Lady 5 the consensus leave out?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1711, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1708, Lady 7 wrote:My guess on you being able to demolish this town if scum comes from your entrance then case/read on l4. Like your entrance was you getting some heat and being called reactive and defended yourself, then you drop in with a case on l4, which looks gooood.
Is no one else ever going to read that case closely enough to notice it's a horrible crock of shit and literally nonfactual? I have a hard time believing it's real it's so terrible.
I talked about what I didn’t like right after that. I wasn’t saying the case was good, just the technique, an no I don’t think the case was good, but it wouldn’t surprise me if people didn’t read it other than to go case early in the game cool l6 is town.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Lady 7 »

G7 is that a real proposal because it looks like you just said you’d prefer a pairing with l2?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1714, Lady 3 wrote:Is Lady 5 the consensus leave out?
No. I want L1 left out.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 1716, Lady 7 wrote:G7 is that a real proposal because it looks like you just said you’d prefer a pairing with l2?
Darn it, I hate these names. I was mixed up. I wanted you more than L2, not the other way around.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1717, Lady 6 wrote:
No. I want L1 left out.
Do you scumread L1?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1717, Lady 6 wrote:
No. I want L1 left out.
Why? Do you honestly think L1 has more of a chance to be red than L5?

I disagree with this btw.
Lady 3 wrote:Is Lady 5 the consensus leave out?
Who do you want out right now?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1711, Lady 4 wrote:
I dont plan on it. Remind me in the PT
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Lady 5 is who I want out
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

FakeGod, can we get a deadline or are we halted over replacements?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1713, Lady 6 wrote:Hit or miss. Earlier the better.

Mod: I auto accept any dance offer if legal.
I will too! :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”