windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by windkirby »

I haven't seen any big leads yet, but
vote: melikefood.
Not crazy about dicing.

Also, the fact that Oman is an old homosexual female intrigues me. This could mean we've hit scum, as his profile indicates that he is a male. Therefore, he is a liar, and one should always lynch all liars. So I definitely GMEOH.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:28 am

Post by windkirby »

Oman - I know LAL is a flawed strategy; total joke.

Muerrto - Wow, I'm sigg'd! I
feel
so special... Well, I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.

sthar8 - The thing is that I'm sort of OCD about always having my vote somewhere, even if it's for a tiny reason. I admit the third vote isn't the best, but honestly, his doing dice was the only thing so far that really jumped out. If he gets uncomfortably close to a lynch this early in the game or I get a scum reading on someone else, I will switch votes.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am

Post by windkirby »

WK, can I ask why you felt it was alright to attack MLF for the same weak reasons that others were already pressuring him for?
Personally, I don't feel that a vote is necessarily an attack. As already said, I only felt that my vote ought to be put to good use at all times. Even if it is a weak reason, melikefood is the player I am
most
suspicious of at the moment, so I feel that my vote should be on him. Of course, keep in mind that it's a large game on page five, so of course this will probably change.

As for who I might change to if I had to, charter's pressuring on darla seemed odd until she didn't catch up as promised and instead bizarrely left. I hardly like pressuring people due to RL excuses, but it does seem very unusual that once she is being pressured due to lack of contribution, she leaves, delaying her contribution further still. I'm still mulling it over - both charter's and darla's behavior in this exchange seem rather off to me.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by windkirby »

I have a DS, but I'm busy with "The World Ends with You".

Fortunately, because it's not like we have any mafia games going on or anything, we can guilt-free-ly focus all of our attention to the lovely games on the Nintendo DS regardless of what we're actually supposed to be doing right now, like, I don't know, play mafia or whatever. Wait, what is mafia again? More importantly, is everyone picking up on my sarcasm? Maybe it was too subtle...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:39 am

Post by windkirby »

Reread the thread.
unvote, vote: sthart8

Primarily vibes, although Oman is becoming a close second in that category. If anyone has questions about either of these vibes, I can probably scrounge up the posts that did it.
The "communication" between Oman and Muerrto, I find, is minor at best, however, although now that it has been mentioned, I've made a note to keep an eye on them. At the level it's at now, though, I don't find it very suspicious.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:11 am

Post by windkirby »

First off, I object to BB saying that "vibes" are no reason because I find them to be the most reliable method of scumhunting. Townies can always, always make mistakes that make them look scummy, but examining a player's behavior and attitude, to me, will much more accurately define their alignment. This is just my opinion, but I hardly think that vibes are not a viable reason just because they don't coincide with any "If player does blah blah blah, he is X% more likely to be scum" rules.

Just getting that out there. Will work on the post pointing out where the vibes came from.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:52 am

Post by windkirby »

Alright, people are going to absolutely murder me for this, but when I read through sthar's posts, they were not quite as bad as I had recalled.
unvote, vote: Oman

You'll have to forgive me. I was at an extremely busy/hectic family reunion at the time, I had been sleeping at the couch and was woken up at 6 AM by the toddlers. My mind obviously wasn't functioning properly, so I had fallen prey to sloppy investigation. I understand that people are going to find this extremely suspicious of me, but saying sorry for the stupidity is really the best I can do.
The main vibes were from:
(numbered by his posts)
1-
EBWOP:
I should also say that I am probably the newest player in the game. I have one game ongoing in Road to Rome, and my mafia experience before that amounts to a few games played in the third grade. I'm familiar with most of the terminology, and I won't use newbie status as a defense for poor play or ignorance, but I figured you should all know that I have little meta knowledge or trend experience on the site.
At first read it seemed normal, but then I had started thinking how advantegous it might potentially be for scum to say something like this. It would really make the reader comfortable with the player, IMO. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I just felt it odd he should say this so verbosely.
2/3- He said the proposed policy was only for Day 1, but he never mentioned anything of the sort previously. In my opinion, calling something a "policy" would entail its regular use. It only seems that he's changed it without saying so since people didn't seem to like it.
Unfortunately, these are the main points that were going through my head when I made the vote. I guess with four games going I had managed to fall behind on this one, and I tried to catch up too quickly. Dumb mistake; again, I apologize.

And for Oman (numbered by everyone's posts)

29: I didn't like his denial of sthar8's plan. He says it makes it too easy for scum to control the town, but honestly, this would be ridiculously transparent. Would a no-lynch honestly be better?
99: This:
In PEGBAM (A mini normal) I played an SK who was NK immune but not Investigation Immune (note: this is also where my title came from). Flameaxe asked me for flavour so that he didn't have to write it. I suggested I interrogate a guy tied to a chaior! And then Bam was all "BETTER IDEA!" And it was the ramen idea and then shit happend and finnaly something happened.

I forgot what we were talking about.
definitely made some alarms go off, mostly for the completely derailing conversation, as well as
108:
What system is it on?
this. It's not as bad as food's post because at least food's reference to the game was relevant to his quietness, as he put it, whereas here Oman simply continues to lead conversation away from what's important.
Finally, even though I didn't find the communication itself scummy, I found post 161 and the way he discussed things a little derail-y. As he said so himself, there was a lot of WIFOM, which I don't understand what a townie's motives would be in doing so.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by windkirby »

Yerrp... as I figured, everyone hates me now for the floppiness. What's worse, after Oman's response, I'm not suspicious of him anymore, so
unvote
and
claim cop

In case you didn't see from my play here, you can check my first newbie game. I absolutely
suck
as cop.

I breadcrumbed my role as the first captial letter in each of my posts, but this excludes my second post because I figured mafia might be looking for breadcrumbs.

As for the flavor portion, my role PM says I'm "Oriental Ramen," and that I was top of my class with a 4.0 GPA. I use my amazing skillzzz to research who could be part of the evil organization that's trying to threaten the land of PEGBAM, which I still have no idea what is.

I don't know if claiming this really does any good in a closed setup, but one was asked for, and I feel that it
might
help the chances of people deciding to let me live.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by windkirby »

I got four votes in one page, it seemed as if my bandwagon was growing very rapidly. I suppose I could have waited until racking up a few more votes, but with a deadline so soon, what good would it have done besides wasting precious time? I really doubt that my bandwagon would have fallen aside to another.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by windkirby »

I was also very, very suspicious of food's reaction to my claim. I wanted to point it out since I'll probably die soon.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:05 am

Post by windkirby »

I will absolutely give my results first thing each day (as well as my reason for choosing that person), but one thing I'm wondering about is whether I should investigate people who I am suspicious of or people who the town is generally suspicious of. I'm guessing the latter, but if I happen to clear someone the town was suspicious of, it might make things difficult, and, as sthar said, make people want to lynch me to confirm my investigations. I'm fine with this, but I'd like to know what sort of thing I should be aiming for when choosing my investigated. If you'd rather not give me any direction at all so that scum cannot predict who I will investigate, this is fine, also.
Finally, I was wondering if we ought to make any sort of policy about my protection. This way if I die overnight, we would know that anyone claiming to be doc would be lying, although I suppose roleblockers and other unusualties might get thrown into the mix. I understand you probably don't want to invest much into my claim, but I'd hate to see my power go to waste (though granted, much is due to my dumb play). You guys' call.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 am

Post by windkirby »

muerrto - mightn't it be unwise to state how I suspect since it might indicate who I might investigate?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:43 am

Post by windkirby »

Personally, I would prefer charter over kiwi. I did a reread of both and don't see the justification of the latter's wagon, really...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:56 am

Post by windkirby »

Bah, no one else was voting so for some weird reason I had gotten it into my head that we were going to talk about it first before voting, which, of course, doesn't really make sense.
vote: charter
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 am

Post by windkirby »

I am very confused as to why Kiwi would claim something like that when thinking he's already been killed. Starting to wonder if he's a jester, although of course SK remains a possibility.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by windkirby »

I must say I haven't understood CR's last few posts... I don't get the point he's trying to make with the vig-scum-nkill-whatever deal.

But anyway, even if kiwi is lying or is an SK, we might as well save him for a bit later. After all, if he is SK, he's after the mafia, too...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by windkirby »

I read a guilty on Muerrto.

At first I was going to investigate aioqwe, but then I realized that if Oman died we would be getting some information from him anyway. So I decided to read Muerrto because of a) his laid-back jokeyness, b) his saying that aioqwe was pleaing to emotion while, in my opinion, he was doing nothing of the sort.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by windkirby »

And by the way, while I am fairly certain that there are no sanity issues, my PM said a phrase very similar to, "You
feel
that he is guilty" rather than "he is guilty" hands down. While I don't think that my investigations will prove to be inaccurate (oriental powers and whatnot), I felt as if I should bring this up just in case my role contains a screwball.

At any rate,
vote: Muerrto
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by windkirby »

Oh... I would like to point out that I believed that kiwi said he would target Oman if Liam flipped town, as logically Oman would be scum. I thought he said he would target Muerrto if Liam flipped scum - got mixed up.

At any rate, I'd like to hear from him as well, but it does seem as though he'll get modkilled. So I suppose we can only hope to get some information we need from his rolename...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:10 am

Post by windkirby »

It's just that with so many power roles already, it made me feel uneasy with the "feel that he is guilty". Still, I think the chance is good enough my investigations are valid that I want Muerrto lynched. I'll PM the mod if there are any sanity guarantees.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 am

Post by windkirby »

Damn, got a strike. Sorry - got tied up over the weekend...

With all of the power roles, there's probably a good chance that there's a mafia roleblocker in there. Therefore, if we give me another night to investigate someone else, there's a chance that the doc will be blocked and I'll be killed, which will reveal that I am at least telling the truth about being the cop, probably leading to Muerrto's lynch. However, I could also be blocked myself, leaving us exactly where we are now except with another mafia-killed innocent. Finally, I could be successful in a second investigation, providing us with valuable information. BUT consider this: whether or not we recieve this information anyway is completely irrelevant to whether or not we lynch Muerrto. Even if we get a second result, we will have to lynch SOMEONE in order to figure out whether or not my investigations are accurate. The only potential benefit in giving me the night is if I get nightkilled, in which case you'll see that I'm not scum. However, this still doesn't one-hundred percent guarantee my sanity, and there are no confirmeds around for me to test on, so I would rather have this settled now. Therefore, my vote stays.

As for a mass-claim, I don't see the benefit at this particular moment. I think a mass-claim tomorrow is fine, but on Day 2 it seems a little premature.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by windkirby »

Hold it - I thought about it, and I changed my mind. I came up with a possible plan that I thought I could propose.
We keep Muerrto alive and do not investigate my targets until I recieve an innocent result or am NK'd, at least for another day or two. If I get an innocent result, we know I'm not paranoid, and if I die, you know I'm cop. If either of these two things happen, we then lynch Muerrto (or another guilty result who we are more suspicious of), and if they flip scum, we rejoice and continue. If they flip town, we can take it from there. This plan does not protect from a miller scenario, but honestly with an SK I rather doubt there is one...
This is only an idea, and since I still don't think there's a large enough chance I'm not sane, my vote continues where it is. However, since other people are having doubts, I thought I might at least run this by.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by windkirby »

Charter - Many doubt that Muerrto is guilty because a) my sanity and b) my alignment. I only
slightly
question my alignment, so I don't think it's enough to change my mind that Muerrto ought to be lynched. I suggested the plan because I changed my mind
about
that there were absolutely no possible benefits for not lynching Muerrto. I still think we should, but there are a few possible benefits.
Darla - I in no way meant to support a no lynch. I was just saying that if people really, really thought that Muerrto was innocent enough to keep him alive, I would be alright lynching someone else for now.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:11 am

Post by windkirby »

charter wrote:
windkirby wrote:Charter - Many doubt that Muerrto is guilty because a) my sanity and b) my alignment. I only
slightly
question my alignment
You're going to have to explain this one. How do you question your alignment, even slightly?
Shitterbug -- I meant to say "I only slightly question my sanity". I'm aware you can't question your own alignment >_>
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by windkirby »

I recieved no PM, and as such I don't feel it necessary to even say who I investigated unless everyone feels very strongly. I'm of course assuming a roleblocker, but I'm PMing Flameaxe just to make sure.

I would be fine with a massclaim at this time. With our SK dead, I assume that our power roles couldn't get capped off too quickly.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by windkirby »

Darla, don't you pay attention at all? aioqwe WAS SK, and I recieved no PM! :P

I'm fine with the list as well - I'm having trouble keeping up with all the soft claims anyways so it'd be difficult for me to choose who to go first. So I guess that means CR claims.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by windkirby »

No reply, the same response when I asked if there were any sanity guarantees. :\
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:27 am

Post by windkirby »

Fair enough. BB's turn.

Actually, since people seem to want to give me some choice in the order, could we have food go before sthar? The list would then look like

CWR (plain, dry, vanilla)
BB
Darla
Food
sthar8
strife

I just think sthar is less likely to be scum so he should go further down on the list.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:03 am

Post by windkirby »

CR - I simply felt that sthar has been pretty pro-town throughout the game, so I think he's less likely to be scum than, say food. So he might as well claim after food does since he's less likely in my eyes to require a counterclaim which would benefit from claiming later.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by windkirby »

Ooh, this is getting intense! :]

And whoever said that Oman probably was anti-town, I had the same thought. I believe that aioqwe probably DID target him thereby recruiting him or something, but so did the mafia, perhaps to frame aioqwe into looking mafia.

I also believe that Darla and BB are likely to be the remaining scum, which is a bit odd because they were also the two who didn't see that I had given my result (or lack thereof) at the start of today. At any rate, I'm waiting until the answer their proposed questions to vote.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 am

Post by windkirby »

vote: Darla

Sorry if you're really telling the truth, but honestly it just seems to convenient to be genuine.

And BB, it's a simple question:
How does
chicken
equal
jailer
?
No semantics arguments, here: you said it should be OBVIOUS what it could be, but chicken being jailer is not obvious in the
least.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 am

Post by windkirby »

Here for my daily post to prevent a third strike. No real change of opinion, I don't really cared if I get jailed or not. It's really up to you guys.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 am

Post by windkirby »

Guys,
stop.
I think you're going about the jail thing the wrong way.

What if BB is a roleblocker and can kill as well as block? If Darla flips Godfather, have BB
not
jail me as proof and I'll investigate him. Charter will still protect me as usual. If Darla flips Roleblocker,
then
have BB jail me, and I'll know since I won't get a PM. Does this make sense?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 am

Post by windkirby »

strife220 wrote:Asking the mod definitely won't solve that problem. It's basically asking him what BB's role is.

windkirby wrote:What if BB is a roleblocker and can kill as well as block? If Darla flips Godfather, have BB
not
jail me as proof and I'll investigate him. Charter will still protect me as usual. If Darla flips Roleblocker,
then
have BB jail me, and I'll know since I won't get a PM. Does this make sense?
Lets say BB is scum RBer that can kill and RB. If we tell him to jailkeep you, he'll roleblock you and kill someone else - town gets no information. If we tell him to jailkeep someone else, he'll still roleblock you and kill someone else - town gets no information. If Darla is GF and scum can RB and kill, you won't get your investigation off either way. If scum Can't RB and kill, then town gains by forcing BB to jailkeep you - it prevents a townie death at night.

Yes, if Darla flips RB, BB jailkeeps you.
I'm trying desperately to understand this but am failing miserably. Have we decided that BB is jailing me no matter what, or is it contingent on what Darla flips? If it is, what is he doing for what role?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:29 am

Post by windkirby »

I still don't see how chicken-flavored ramen makes someone think "jailer" in an obvious way.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”