Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I very rarely get mired enough in detail to notice something like this but I actually think you're revising history and full of shit here.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Lady 4 »

Maybe I'm jumping at shadows, idk. I'm really terrible at following arguments beyond a certain level of depth. Maybe someone else can weigh in and tell me if I'm crazy.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:32 am

Post by Lady 2 »

Unimpressed with L8 so far and I don't think it's because her strongest stance might be that she doesn't like me/my slot but staying open-minded here.
In post 430, Lady 8 wrote:The only Gentleman I'd accept at this point is the Doctor aka Gentleman 6. All the other gentlemen have been lack luster, even Gentleman 2, the IC.
Interesting. I thought L4 made an interesting point when she responded to me - that it can be beneficial for a scum Lady to Townread many Gentlemen. This is signaling the opposite. G6 is one of the widest and strongest consensus Townreads at this early stage, and seemingly has eyes only for L9, who is another of the strongest consensus Townreads. And plenty of ink has been spilled on the topic of putting together strong T/T pairs for the dance. L8 is signaling that she'll be very choosy about the Gentlemen here, but I guess I'm not sure what that means.

I'm very meh about G7's response to me. He spends a lot of time repeating how important making T/T pairs is (which yes, fine). I generally like his Townreads, like, enough, but they're not breaking the mold too much. Hopefully the content he expects to produce later today will help me here.

G1 is great. Particularly feeling good about clearly a thorough and interactive read of the game to this point coming up with no real scumreads. Easy for scum to feel tempted to have reads on both sides of the table, as it were, but I think for various reasons the early game in this setup makes scumreads harder to generate for Town (not least the fact that the scum:Town ratio is on the low side compared to most traditional Mafia games).

Also hoping for more from G5, I don't have a feel for his yet at all.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I mean I think it's pretty clear-cut?
I ask for clarification in
G6 calls my questioning bad and heavily implies that it's scummy in and
I defend my question by telling G6 that he shouldn't be ambiguous in
I later explain that I only wanted a clarification ()
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 502, Lady 2 wrote:Particularly feeling good about clearly a thorough and interactive read of the game to this point coming up with no real scumreads.
It's funny what contrarians so many of us seem to be.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I'll try to sort this out for my own benefit.
In post 503, Gentleman 3 wrote:I mean I think it's pretty clear-cut?
I ask for clarification in
G6 calls my questioning bad and heavily implies that it's scummy in and
It doesn't read like looking for clarification, mostly because of the ellipses. So at minimum I can't blame him for taking it the way he did.
I defend my question by telling G6 that he shouldn't be ambiguous in
It comes off as an attack and I'm having difficulty believing you can't see that.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Lady 8 »

From my personal understanding/experience, I'd rather someone I can mesh well with than obv-town. However, I understand sometimes players want "mechanically optimal pairings".
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I'm attacking his choice of wording, sure, but not his alignment. Usually in a mafia context the word "attack" means an attack on someone's alignment (there's a reason I don't normally use it), so that may be the source of the confusion.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Communication is hard.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Lady 4 »

Whatever. I'll move on.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Honestly, if me and Gentleman 3 became a Couple, we could easily find all the scum TBH.
I like the way this guy thinks.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Also just saying.
If “69” doesn’t become a couple, I’ll be disappointed and I’ll question both of them with everything I got.
They better be ready to defend themselves.
You haven’t seen anything yet.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I’ll be busy until Friday.
So you can expect allot more content from me then.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I trust Lady 2 more then Lady 8 TBH.
Just the interaction, it’s more likely for Lady 2 to be Town.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:47 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Now that Lady 5 has actually started posting game related comments I don't like then overly much, both in terms of I don't agree with their reads and don't understand where they're coming from. For example they said that they like the way Gentleman 3 thinks but I can't find any real solvey posts from them and a lot of following up on tangents so I'm kinda questioning where that comes from.

I'm unsure on G1 so far. I'll try to read it again but their entrance didn't really make too but of an impression on me last night.

I'm very torn on Lady 4. They have posts that ping me town and posts that ping me scum. I'm undecided on them so far.

I think that the majority of G4s shtick is NAI but I'm leaning town on them anyway.

Still think that L8 is very towny, I feel kind of guilty about the fact that they only want to pair with me and I'm torn between them and 9 but those two are my definite townreads among the girls and probably who I'd want to pair with if they weren't, so.

I had one other big townread but MS is awful right now and I don't want to deal with five minute page loads trying to remember who they are, so I'm just not going to bother.

I'm strongly opposed to G2 trying to pair with scum and play town hero
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:07 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

MS got better while I was still around so I am going to do a little bit more before I have to go.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Lady 3 was my other tentative townread, given that I'm also tentatively townreading G4 I think that I'm fine with that pairing in general.

Still townreading L9. Not going to bother saying more?

Would greatly appreciate it if new G5, L6, etc., came in and played since I am starting to feel like we'll win with just a few more townreads.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

L9, interested in your thoughts especially on all my reads and on how to pair.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Lady 8 »

Can we consider using Location as a way to put our preferred nicknames? Thoughts?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Also interested in some actual reads from you L1, I feel like most of what you did in your entrance was mechanics talk or fluff.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Mr not the 6th doctor. Can you talk about why you have such a confident townrwad on l8?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Lady 8 »

G5 leaning town for short sharp reads which is something I usually will do as town this early in.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 514, Gentleman 6 wrote:Now that Lady 5 has actually started posting game related comments I don't like then overly much, both in terms of I don't agree with their reads and don't understand where they're coming from. For example they said that they like the way Gentleman 3 thinks but I can't find any real solvey posts from them and a lot of following up on tangents so I'm kinda questioning where that comes from.

I'm unsure on G1 so far. I'll try to read it again but their entrance didn't really make too but of an impression on me last night.

I'm very torn on Lady 4. They have posts that ping me town and posts that ping me scum. I'm undecided on them so far.

I think that the majority of G4s shtick is NAI but I'm leaning town on them anyway.

Still think that L8 is very towny, I feel kind of guilty about the fact that they only want to pair with me and I'm torn between them and 9 but those two are my definite townreads among the girls and probably who I'd want to pair with if they weren't, so.

I had one other big townread but MS is awful right now and I don't want to deal with five minute page loads trying to remember who they are, so I'm just not going to bother.

I'm strongly opposed to G2 trying to pair with scum and play town hero
“69”
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

My beloved misty still hasn’t accepted my invitation. I am feeling what can only be described as teen angst
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 516, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady 3 was my other tentative townread, given that I'm also tentatively townreading G4 I think that I'm fine with that pairing in general.

Still townreading L9. Not going to bother saying more?

Would greatly appreciate it if new G5, L6, etc., came in and played since I am starting to feel like we'll win with just a few more townreads.
Anyone can make Town reads.
:)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”