BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 am

Post by BlakAdder »

armlx wrote:
BlakAdder wrote: Also, I don't think I need to justify my intuition, but whatever.
But you do. Intuition is not valid reasoning.
Okay, good point. Guess I just kinda get used to going by my gut and I forget that not everyone thinks like that.

- Edited to fix tags. Mod.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by armlx »

Okay, good point. Guess I just kinda get used to going by my gut and I forget that not everyone thinks like that.
Yup. Just using intuition means

A) you saw something you thought was scummy and don't actively remember it. Upon reread you can probably find it and make a case.

B) You are working off bias. This is bad.

C) You don't have a reason and are trying to make one up. Also bad.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by strife220 »

@Lowell: Is your theory on masons outing themselves D1 new to you? Do you have meta of you saying the same thing in another open game?

Vamparific wrote:i find armlx scummier for trying to take control of the game
vote:armlx
This seems like a pretty BS reason to vote and following right into what Rofl was implying: "gee, gotta lynch strife or armix, lets pick one!" I would say scum would appreciate this opportunity and act quite like Vamp did.

I'll say that this post by Vamp looks enough like opportunistic scum behaviour to warrant
Unvote, Vote: Vamparific
. Forbidden's post Was scummy so I have no problem with her wagon. Just think Vamp is better.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'll say that this post by Vamp looks enough like opportunistic scum behaviour to warrant Unvote, Vote: Vamparific. Forbidden's post Was scummy so I have no problem with her wagon. Just think Vamp is better.
THANK you. Someone understands my logic here, even if you didn't quote it. Also, I only see two claims...am I missing something? I claimed to be a regular townie...I don't think that really counts as claiming, lol. As for my wagon, I still think that was way too quick and a bit weak. I said one thing that could be taken badly, and then explained my reasoning for it in a later post after I suddenly end up with 5 votes on me. I'm surprised no one has addressed that at all. Please, tell me what your new thoughts are given my explanation. Will you keep your vote on me, take it off, spontaneously combust? (scum, please choose the third option). I think it'd be rather helpful to know.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

forbiddanlight wrote:I claimed to be a regular townie...I don't think that really counts as claiming, lol.
Why wouldn't it?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Because EVERYONE would claim to be a regular townie, even scum. I mean, generally, the assumption is everyone is a townie until they seem otherwise, whether by admitting they have an aux role or because their posts reek of mafianess.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by iamausername »

No. Everyone claims to be pro-town, but whether or not they have a power role is not something they ought to be addressing until such time as they are close to being lynched. Well, on day one, at any rate.

As a vanilla townie, claiming lowers the number of potential townies from the scum's point of view, and it is thus anti-town to do so at such small provocation.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Um...that's...pretty ridiculous. The scum know who they aren't. They already know I'm a townie, no matter what I said. And plus, I could be lying about being a townie, and could have a role I'd rather keep hidden. I don't, but it's a possibility. There's also the fact that since it looks like we had a rather fast wagon on me that possibly could have gone to completion, claiming regular townie at least reassures people they aren't killing an aux. Really, I don't see stating "I am a vanilla townie" as a tell either way.
-StrangerCoug

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by iamausername »

forbiddanlight wrote:Um...that's...pretty ridiculous. The scum know who they aren't. They already know I'm a townie, no matter what I said.
But before your claim, they didn't know if you had a power role or not. Also, there are two scum factions in this setup (SK and mafia), so actually, scum wouldn't
know
you're a townie even if you are telling the truth.
forbiddanlight wrote:And plus, I could be lying about being a townie, and could have a role I'd rather keep hidden. I don't, but it's a possibility.
And if you did, and were later forced to claim truthfully, people would later come back to this claim as a reason to doubt your future claim. Here's a thought; If you have a power role you want to keep hidden,
don't claim anything at all.

forbiddanlight wrote:There's also the fact that since it looks like we had a rather fast wagon on me that possibly could have gone to completion, claiming regular townie at least reassures people they aren't killing an aux.
You weren't even at half the votes needed for a lynch. It would take some really dumb play from a lot of people for you to go from 4 votes to 9 without a chance to post in between, so your claim came far too early.

And none of this is remotely consistent with the suggestion that your claim might not actually be true.
forbiddanlight wrote:Really, I don't see stating "I am a vanilla townie" as a tell either way.
'Anti-town' isn't the same as 'scummy'. I more or less agree with this statement.

Unvote, Vote: Greasy Spot
, by the way, which I should have done when I first noted that he failed to answer my question.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I cede your points. I forgot the SK was considered scum. And the fact that it could be considered anti-town if I'm shrinking the pool of potential power roles. Sorry.
-StrangerCoug

Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Kay. Wow. Three pages in twenty four hours. Needs to slow down.

Forb has acted a little odd. Especially with the "will join the wagon if someone else makes it" post. So
FoS forb

I also get the whole deal with Vamp. Seems really opprotunistic given his poting history.
FoS Vamp

More later.
I'm back.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You weren't even at half the votes needed for a lynch. It would take some really dumb play from a lot of people for you to go from 4 votes to 9 without a chance to post in between, so your claim came far too early.

Just to fix this. I had 5 votes, not four votes. Coug miscounted. I'm at 4 with Strife's vote change. So, I was definitely at over half of the votes needed for a lynch. Just bugged me slightly.
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by armlx »

forb + Iron Man, half does not matter. You should not claim until you are (Number of players in the game)/8 votes away from a lynch, also formated as (number of players required for lynch)/4 votes away from a lynch, rounded to the nearest whole number.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Or, for the non-mathematically inclined, Lynch-2 in large games, Lynch-1 in minis.
lol objective morality
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by armlx »

Actually, 2 fixes:

Automatically round down fractions, not round.

And

7 or less: L-1
8 to 15: L-2
16 to 23: L-3
24 to 32: L-4

Towards the top of each bracket some FOS's and general dislike on top of the votes is also needed.
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by Vamparific »

Iron Man wrote:
I also get the whole deal with Vamp. Seems really opprotunistic given his poting history.
FoS Vamp

More later.
lol i keep screwing myself over
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by Korts »

Vamparific wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
FoS Vamp

More later.
Wanna answer iamausername's question?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by Korts »

Korts wrote:
Vamparific wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
FoS Vamp

More later.
Wanna answer iamausername's question?
No wait, that was Greasy Spot, sorry.
scumchat never die
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by silence »

Hi.

To the old question about strife/armlx: neither had done anything to seem scummy, Iron Man was acting strangely.

I don't think armlx's 'why' was rolefishing, don't make unjustifiable claims like 'obv town' if you don't want them questioned.

Masons claiming was ok, I think, but it should have been analyzed before acting. Anyway, I think for now we can assume they very probably are masons (and try to validate it by finding three other scum :P ). StrangerCoug: can you elaborate what your FoS/HoS means?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 3

forbiddenlight - (4) {Korts, armix, roflcopter, Vamparific}

Lowell - (2) {Iron Man, StrangerCoug}

Vamparific - (2) {forbiddanlight, strife220}

Greasy Spot - (1) {iamusername}

StrangerCoug - (1) {Lowell}

Not Voting: {BlakAdder, Enlight_Bystand, Greasy Spot, JordanA24, silence, Sun Tzu, -TinVision-}.

With 17 left alive it will take 9 to lynch.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

vote Vamparific

The case against forbiddanlight looks good too.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Korts »

Sun Tzu wrote:
vote Vamparific

The case against forbiddanlight looks good too.
Guys, no. Reasons, reasons, reasons. Don't be a hypocrite. You're wagoning Vamp for wagoning forbiddan for wanting to wagon StrangerCoug.
Make a case.

unvote, vote: Sun Tzu
scumchat never die
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:48 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

iamausername wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Greasy Spot
, by the way, which I should have done when I first noted that he failed to answer my question.
What authority in this game do you have to demand me to answer a question. Unless your too busy to read the thread and note that both Korts and myself have current arguments against Armix, you wouldn't be asking this stupidly obvious question.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 am

Post by armlx »

KortS has an argument against me? And you are dodging questions?

FOS GS

Also, agree with KortS' last post

FOS Sun Tzu

If I had 3 votes......
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:23 am

Post by Lowell »

strife220 wrote:@Lowell: Is your theory on masons outing themselves D1 new to you? Do you have meta of you saying the same thing in another open game?
I dont' know what game it was, but I was a mason and claimed early on D1 when I (or my mason partner, I forget) came under mild pressure early. Scum ended up killing both of us eventually, but lost their chance to hit anyone of value because of it. Town won fairly easily.

So, yeah, I'm pretty much a fan of D1 mason claims. Were I a mason in this game I would have outed myself in my fist post.

Back to the game. I'm getting very strong town-vibes from korts and forbiddan, though for different reasons. I'd like to hear more about the case against armlx, if there is one, and wonder why the case against strangercoug fell apart so quickly. I'm not ready to abandon hope...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”