Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #13325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:08 am

Post by Wooper »

common themes on jjh/ank:

scumread/lean mena
townread/lean maria

kinda grey what happened n1 w ank; whether or not she was the scum kill i respect her reads a LOT and she was obviously >rand here
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Alisae »

She was definitely not the scum kill she hid behind scum
Nacho was vig shot
And GreyICE kills as blocked.

Just look at the kill flavor
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Alisae »

Dunn was 100% a mech kill
After seeing your last kill fail, why would you risk having that happen to you again?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Alisae »

He wanted to lynch Iconeum (LOL)
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:15 am

Post by Alisae »

I told them my plan to just come out of the gates voting maria and they were okay with it but scum have no reason to know that was a thing I was going to do.
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #13330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:18 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Are you against voting Gamma instead?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Alisae »

Its not that I’m against it, I definitely think he’s scum
I just want the game to end quicker.
I could just lynch GE and Dann and Cephir.

Its a matter of “Ok, do I want to lynch MariaR on D10 and waste time or do I want to lynch her on D7 and not waste time”
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:31 am

We might have investigation results by D10 though.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Alisae »

Idunno u tell me
If u knew u were going to lose the game, would you want to lose it on D7, or D10?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:33 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 13332, Something_Smart wrote:We might have investigation results by D10 though.
let me ask you a different question
Do you scumread Iconeum?
Because this assumes that you definitely trust PB.
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:35 am

I don't scumread Iconeum, but I do trust PB.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:37 am

Post by Alisae »

Then you should have no problems with a mariar lynch
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:39 am

Aren't you more confident on Gamma/Dann/Ceph though?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Alisae »

Yes but I would rather lose the game on D7 then D10.
Sure there could be an investigation result. Maybe I could save 2 more lives.
But I really don’t want to rely on that stuff. And also it would feel kinda super cheese if PB did get a guilty or I did save 2 more people.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Alisae »

Plus I’m as confident in Ico town as I am in Cephir, Dann, Gamma scum, so MariaR is left and she goes in the scumbin anyway
GTKAS
| here.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #13340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Wooper »

shade towards {ari,chenn,dgb} fluff response to pp
wants to battle my reads later. defends jh against ank. fireb town. calls chenn's "opportunistic mena" comment pot/kettle. shades ari. town dann.
fb, chick, dann town (rule of 3s if ico is scum +1 partner equity to dann). game too big for more opinions. vanity votes chenn (vs. wagons
tw
fireb
, mena,
xof
ari
chick
) - .... towny vote i think
will fight me before reading me
fireb not scum for pine/fruit intxns
double down on dann tr for seeing opportunistic chenn
read on chick is tone; this read isn't ai
presses chennis for more info
gamma pinging (this callout makes me think they're not aligned)
missed chennis mason claim; doesn't move vote - how serious was chennis mason claim d1? i missed it. ΅

worth noting gamma makes the "i'm an easy target because i'm behind" argument; iconeum is ~equally behind but is advancing the gamestate. still voting chenn. sits there til EOD. sits vanity voting (or 1/2 with pops) til EOD.

i kinda pushed him off GEm; he's still pushing chenn
reminder that GEm/chenn are sketchy and chenn is UTR. lld wagon forming at {GICE, tw, kats, krazzy, jjh} => {GICE, tw, kats, krazzy, ank, pops}

if icon is scum he was probably hoping to swing a wagon over lld but his townread of her was pretty ineffectual and the chennwagon remained vanity. not sure he was trying anything fancy here; i'm not sure scum!icon wouldn't have just voted one of the established wagons. regardless; opening lld wagon is insanely pure and i think if ico/lld is a thing krazzy actually was probably town ;s

shade fishy for defence of gamma; kinda odd standard since iirc i defended gamma for flimsy reasons d1 as well. i was the one ico was keen to fight. this never eventuated. but i was v/la
not really interested in engaging with fishy
is like a proper ico deathtunnel, he's kind of finding it hard to focus on having other reads (deflective towards me/fishy; hot and cold on GEm...)
doesn't really see scum!LLD & defends her on wifom. we saw a lot of emotive defences of LLD d1 (ari xof etc.) who have flipped town. this one actually feels like a kinda convoluted reason to townread someone.
turns down request to vote LLD

at this point LLD wagon is {
greyice
tw
kats
, krazzy,
ank
fishy
pops
, mariar, dann} so it ~could~ be getting dirty; there's reason to avoid as both alignments imo

heavily appeals to ali not to make a mistake; remains fairly ineffectual in gamestate
calls LLD for comments on her scum!pops read ("Gut, mostly. It's just there and it won't go and he's too cheeky and nope scum scum scum")
calls LLD for her gamma/me reads (after we're omitted from her scumreads) ("Gamma town as hell. Worst is kind of weird and middling.")

ico never responds to her responses in quotation marks in parentheses; i don't really get why he asked these questions

emotionally defends LLD for making a scummy claim; again mechanical defence of her is probably closer to s/s indicative than the emotive defences we saw from other slots. "why would scum!LLD do that~~~?"
i'm quoting: "I'm 100% sure there are players in this list that are extremely hard to read. If you give commuter to town, why not give it to someone very much capable of obvtowning down the road? I don't know LLD but from what i've seen I think she's probabllllyy capable of doing so". greyice responsd to this with this. iconeum ignores greyice.
@fireb "me asking questions all game is NAI"
after GICE asks ico whether he learned anything from being hardcore pocketed in a recent towngame: he learned not to blindly assume someone is town just because they are defending you. don't think he catches the point that GICE was calling for elaboration on LLD read.
scumcase on chenn is like, buzzwords...he wants chenn lynched because he smells bad and yet LLD is town who claimed a scum power role and per GICE meta check is capable of obvtowning later in the game AS SCUM but ico doesn't need to respond to this - just remember this double standard.

then gone til mid-d3

ali......
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #13341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:49 am

Post by Wooper »

when it hits the crunch ico:
1) vanity votes chennisden, who he can't string a tangible scumcase together on.
2) applies a gaping doublestandard to flailing scum LLD
3) camps vanity wagon & refuses to join wagon with {mariar,dann} as recent entrants
4) can't focus on requests to go deeper on his read of LLD; ignores GICE's meta check against his townread on LLD
5) struggles to have other tangible relevant reads except scum!chenn (which is a crap read on LHF) and a hardcore townread on LLD (now flipped scum)

we need to have a dialogue about this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:51 am

I mean... if we assume that Gamma/Dann/Ceph are all scum, and PB is town, and scum don't have any remaining way to kill or block PB, then we have a good chance to win without knowing the last scum, by lynching those three and protecting PB every night. Eventually it will come to PB + Iconeum/Maria/Menalque going into nights, and all PB has to do is randomize his track for a 5/6 chance of winning without any reads at all.

From those assumptions, our EV jumps from 1/3 to 5/6 if we lynch the known scum first. That's not negligible.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:51 am

Post by Alisae »

Ok lets talk about it unvote mariar first tho
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 13342, Something_Smart wrote:I mean... if we assume that Gamma/Dann/Ceph are all scum, and PB is town, and scum don't have any remaining way to kill or block PB, then we have a good chance to win without knowing the last scum, by lynching those three and protecting PB every night. Eventually it will come to PB + Iconeum/Maria/Menalque going into nights, and all PB has to do is randomize his track for a 5/6 chance of winning without any reads at all.

From those assumptions, our EV jumps from 1/3 to 5/6 if we lynch the known scum first. That's not negligible.
he was blocked N5
GTKAS
| here.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #13345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Wooper »

UNVOTE:

it's half past midnight and i am w i i i p e d
and i have a lot of work tomorrow

i'll try my best. this phase may end up lagging a lil.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:55 am

Post by Alisae »

You need to realize something thats very important SS
the track result would be the most important BEFORE the last scum is left alive.
As soon as D10 actually hits and no one dies, we are stuck with F4 of PB, Iconeum, Mena, Maria
I actually hate that F4 because simply put, its going to get very inactive very quickly.

And even then, its just going to be a 1v1 with Iconeum and Maria
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #13347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 13248, Alisae wrote:if ur town just vote mariar
I've just accepted that if I'm not 4/4 on my reads, we lost the game, and while we could lynch obvious scum, I don't want to drag the game out any longer.
Its to the point where if ur name isn't Mena, SS, or wooper, I'm most likely going to not see your posts (literally)
Sorry but I’ve been a weird streak where I’ve had a 50/50 win loss rate recently and I need a win to keep the balance I believe and I really do not mind 50/50 rn
So let’s actually try this game?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 am

In post 13346, Alisae wrote:As soon as D10 actually hits and no one dies, we are stuck with F4 of PB, Iconeum, Mena, Maria
You think scum would go for the draw after all that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:01 am

In post 13344, Alisae wrote:he was blocked N5
Oh, that's even better, because either it's one-shot like Pine said, or one of the scum members is the roleblocker and the odds are good we'll lynch them before N9.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”