Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13000 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay, so the thing is not "was the case believable" it's "was it enough that we think pine believed that I was genuinely trying to live up to my end of the bargain"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #13001 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 12985, Alisae wrote:
@Jingle people need prods
don't know what you're talking about
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13002 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hi I'm here I'm just not paying attention.

It's very hard to not try to read into the above posts too much but I'm trying my best

If were even remotely on the right track, though, I guess I'll say my first inclination is that menalque might be town on account of how if this were a scum gambit they'd probably try to rehabilitate a slot that's doing badly rather than shore up someone who's not in danger?

Its wifom all the way down, though.

From what ive seen of the game I'm not especially keen on lynching fb anyway.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13003 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 13001, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 12985, Alisae wrote:
@Jingle people need prods
don't know what you're talking about
VOTE SOMETHING aren’t you supposed to be SOMETHING SMART? :P
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #13004 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 12996, Alisae wrote:Yeah you weren’t really fooling me with this PB case tho tbh
I figured something was up because you talked about his older posts instead of his recent posts, so I wasn’t super interested in it.
That case was actually really solid looking though...
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13005 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 13004, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 12996, Alisae wrote:Yeah you weren’t really fooling me with this PB case tho tbh
I figured something was up because you talked about his older posts instead of his recent posts, so I wasn’t super interested in it.
That case was actually really solid looking though...
okay but where did that read come from?
I’m not really buying Mena coming out of nowhere with that read, something would had triggered it.
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13006 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Menalque »

I think the initial message is probably indicative of dann!scum, and I still think that's probably the right lynch for today. I think dann was probably going down today anyway, so if I'd immediately publicised the message, the scum who was getting lynched... gets lynched anyway. I think the main WIFOM in it is whether pine would give a scum alternative, or a town alternative for me to lead the counter wagon on.

But yeah, that's also not the most interesting thing. The most interesting thing, and the most valuable source of potential information here, is to look at what the movements where in votes/positions in response to my case(s).
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13007 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Menalque »

Like I said, I lightly think that this spews gamma town for going after the pb case and then starting to worry about me abandoning it. Icon hopping onto what I thought was a fairly poor case is concerning. Ducky voicing support for it is the main thing that worries me and I really want him to talk about why he said that he'd prefer (or whatever exactly it was he said) an fb lynch to a dann lynch.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13008 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Alisae »

I mean sure, but I am rock solid in my reads right now.
The only thing that will change my mind is flips.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13009 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 13007, Menalque wrote:Like I said, I lightly think that this spews gamma town for going after the pb case and then starting to worry about me abandoning it. Icon hopping onto what I thought was a fairly poor case is concerning. Ducky voicing support for it is the main thing that worries me and I really want him to talk about why he said that he'd prefer (or whatever exactly it was he said) an fb lynch to a dann lynch.
Dann -> Cephir -> Firebringer

sound good?
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13010 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 12971, Wooper wrote:fine w any of {Fireb, Dann, Ico}
think dann is vaguely better for gamestate analysis

think fireb removes a serious threat from the game who has been basically refusing to be readable up to & including xylo and has only started playing urgently now

don't think ico is likely to play harder or become more readable

I just realised fireb is the best lynch today LOL
this post worries me a lot tbh
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13011 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 13006, Menalque wrote:I think the initial message is probably indicative of dann!scum, and I still think that's probably the right lynch for today. I think dann was probably going down today anyway, so if I'd immediately publicised the message, the scum who was getting lynched... gets lynched anyway. I think the main WIFOM in it is whether pine would give a scum alternative, or a town alternative for me to lead the counter wagon on.

But yeah, that's also not the most interesting thing. The most interesting thing, and the most valuable source of potential information here, is to look at what the movements where in votes/positions in response to my case(s).
This is a good think
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13012 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

Yeah Menalque is town

I don't think Pine sends that message to scum and no offense but based off his play so far this game I don't think Mena can fake this
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13013 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Fair
But I was borderline on whether I wanted to call out Mena for the quickly dropped case so that revelation kinda came at a convenient ish time
Though I do question why Menalque as either align drops it that fast when he called out Peebs for doing it on PP, so the proposal by Pine does explain that
So honestly my gut tells me it makes him look worse but my head says it makes him look better
I'll go with my head here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13014 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Menalque »

I think Gamma is prob spewed pine here.

Dann, if you were probably the lynch anyway, in a world where you're town, why would pine try to get me to lead a counter wagon to you?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13015 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Menalque »

spewed town lmao
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13016 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 13009, Alisae wrote:
In post 13007, Menalque wrote:Like I said, I lightly think that this spews gamma town for going after the pb case and then starting to worry about me abandoning it. Icon hopping onto what I thought was a fairly poor case is concerning. Ducky voicing support for it is the main thing that worries me and I really want him to talk about why he said that he'd prefer (or whatever exactly it was he said) an fb lynch to a dann lynch.

sound good?
Literally could not pick 3 worse lynches

No one has offered me one solitary reason to think dann is scum. Why are you pushing it? Can you not ignore me just because you think I'm scum? You need to give me the opportunity to show you otherwise because we are not in a good enough spot to just lynch whoever.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #13017 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 13003, Alisae wrote:VOTE SOMETHING aren’t you supposed to be SOMETHING SMART? :P
grumble grumble fine

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13018 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

I guess this pine thing is a reason to suspect dann but that's all I got and pine based reads are worthless so ??????
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13019 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 13016, Cephrir wrote:

sound good?

No one has offered me one solitary reason to think dann is scum. Why are you pushing it? Can you not ignore me just because you think I'm scum? You need to give me the opportunity to show you otherwise because we are not in a good enough spot to just lynch whoever.
D4 ICONEUM PUSH BAD
GTKAS
| here.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13020 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 13014, Menalque wrote:I think Gamma is prob spewed pine here.

Dann, if you were probably the lynch anyway, in a world where you're town, why would pine try to get me to lead a counter wagon to you?
I think even if Pine didn't think you were gonna out the message, he at least accounted for the possibility you would.

I'm town, and with Ali's read locked, I think I'm dying inevitably. It probably doesn't matter to him whether it's today or tomorrow. If he can get another mislynch like Fire done first? It might just win him the game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13021 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 13019, Alisae wrote:

sound good?

D4 ICONEUM PUSH BAD
IM SORRY
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13022 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 13021, Dannflor wrote:

sound good?

D4 ICONEUM PUSH BAD
IM SORRY
What
<Embrace The Void>

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13023 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

sound good?

D4 ICONEUM PUSH BAD
I guess that doesnt convince me when I think iconeum is scum

I also dont even remember it but i guess i can look again
Bartleby the Scrivener
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13024 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 13008, Alisae wrote:I mean sure, but I am rock solid in my reads right now.
The only thing that will change my mind is flips.

sound good?
sorry, I missed these, didn't get a pedit

I still think dann is good today, yeah.

I think my lynchpool is looking something like (Cephrir, icon, fb, pb, Wooper) aside from that. I would lightly prefer icon before fb, I think, but other than that I'm pretty okay with it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”