Mini Theme 2105: Assassins Mafia (Game Over!)

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:16 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Like the only game I barely remember is that one scumgame of mine where Oversoul replaced in as my scumbuddy in that one mara hydra large theme and lurked the f out (as he should've done for our scumteam was basicaly destroying the game by flooding the game with pointless sematics SvS).
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:19 am

Post by MariaR »

VC 1.1
Pine
(2)
- tris NaCl
popsofctown
(2)
- GuyinFreezer Sujimichi
Definitely Not Scum
(1)
- Pine
Dunnstral
(1)
- popsofctown
GuyinFreezer
(1)
- bitbringer
bitbringer
(1)
- Dunnstral
tris
(1)
- Definitely Not Scum
Not voting
- Lady Angel, Shadoweh, AbuHumaid, unwnd

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline ends in (expired on 2019-11-03 22:08:30)
Mod note: I have never made a mod error in my life I am clearly perfect and anyone who says otherwise will be banned
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:20 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 150, GuyInFreezer wrote:Like the only game I barely remember is that one scumgame of mine where Oversoul replaced in as my scumbuddy in that one mara hydra large theme and lurked the f out (as he should've done for our scumteam was basicaly destroying the game by flooding the game with pointless sematics SvS).
Who is worse here in your eyes: Pops or DNS

You've interacted w/ both
Stop
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:20 am

Post by Definitely Not Scum »

In post 151, MariaR wrote:VC when I’m not lazy. (So never)
lol
Hydra of Oversoul and Volxen. We are definitely
TOWN
in this game.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 152, unwnd wrote:Who is worse here in your eyes: Pops or DNS

So far? Pops. She has commited a grave sin of voting me.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:26 am

In post 144, popsofctown wrote:You are way better at scum than you think you are Oversoul

volxen didn't post that much total material in Undertale v1 and I think once he has a preponderance of posting he's definitely the more readable of the two of you

Now that you mention undertale though

I should policy lynch volxen because he didn't join this game as a volxen+Adorable hydra
I appreciate the thought but I just disagree. I’m never going to be that scum that will win the game for the team. The u fortunate reality is the fact that I have trash reads and I am thus not ever able to pressure scum so I live long in games is probably my o my good scum attribute. When people see players like Mastina, Nacho, RC, moi, AngryPidgeon living long into games there is a certain “huh. Why are they alive still?” I do not have that burden so it’s never questioned if I live long. It’s just oh Oversoul is having a trash town game as usual. That’s like the one thing I can bring to a team. I’m also pretty good at setup spec so that’s like a plus I can bring too but that doesn’t seem as important anymore since mods make weird games now. :shifty:
TOWN
in this game.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:27 am

Why the Dunnstral vote?
Why the tris town read off 4 posts?
TOWN
in this game.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:30 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 154, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 152, unwnd wrote:Who is worse here in your eyes: Pops or DNS

So far? Pops. She has commited a grave sin of voting me.
I don't think you're entirely serious, but that seems to fit the current attitude you've had consistently
Stop
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:31 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Is that supposed to be a jab or
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:33 am

Post by unwnd »

Uh I guess you can call it more of an observation, but maybe it will turn into a read? You have moments of feigned interest littered throughout the thread, so I dunno if that's intentional or not
Stop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:35 am

Post by popsofctown »

You are really good at scum whimsico.

I'm voting Dunnstral to poke him. The subset of players who are active seem townish as a group so I'm interested in broadening this game right now.

My 4 post tris townread is a 4 post tris townread, it has that amount of weight to it. IDK what the problem with that is.
I guess maybe you want me to use that flaccid terminology of "townlean" that I see all over the new school newbie queue but I hate that and don't do that kind of wordsmithing. I leave it up to people to figure out context on whether a townread is "I don't want to lynch this person right this second" or "I would target this person as a Weak Visitor without crumbing first for shiggles because they are so town".
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:38 am

Lmao Pops. That post is exemplary of why you’re a treat to play with

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:53 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 159, unwnd wrote:Uh I guess you can call it more of an observation, but maybe it will turn into a read? You have moments of feigned interest littered throughout the thread, so I dunno if that's intentional or not
I'm going to say that I never feigned any interest in this game so far.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:25 am

In post 122, popsofctown wrote:
In post 116, Definitely Not Scum wrote:GIF: You've shown the inability to read me, so I only ask that you defer to people who actually know how to read me like Firebringer, Pops, Dunnstral, potentially Shadoweh.
This is a sketchy way to discredit GiF's read since I'm batting .5000 on volxen and 0.000 on Oversoul.
VOTE: Definitely Not Scum
In post 133, popsofctown wrote:The vast majority of my loss in Role Call was misreading scum Oversoul.
I don't think I learn much about people watching them play when I know their alignment
I didn't watch Magical Girls after I died.
I can swear I misread scum!Oversoul in a game besides rolecall though I can't name it right now.

I'm going to UNVOTE:
Minorly because of remembering how much oversoul underrates himself and that he could pull off forgetting how he owned me in role call due to that.
But mostly because I was almost positive it was volxen posting, and it'd be scummier coming from him
In post 144, popsofctown wrote:You are way better at scum than you think you are Oversoul

volxen didn't post that much total material in Undertale v1 and I think once he has a preponderance of posting he's definitely the more readable of the two of you

Now that you mention undertale though

I should policy lynch volxen because he didn't join this game as a volxen+Adorable hydra
You backed off of your push on us fairly fast. Why does your realization that it was Oversoul posting change whether you want to push us or not?

Any why are you batting on reading me and not Oversoul? You and I only have a few games together, and we haven't had a game where we were both town and you correctly townread me. In Jingle's newbie setup game, we were both town, but you thought that I was scum until I started making "obvtown" posts after I was hammered. And in Starcraft III you were town and I was scum, and you had me in your POE, but you weren't supremely confident that I was scum either. Given that and the fact that you have more history with Oversoul than with me, what makes you so confident that I am going to be easier to read than him?

If you make an exception for Undertale 3, a Volxen+Adorable hydra could be in the realm of possibility.

- Volxen (Definitely Town)
TOWN
in this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

I -locktowned- Oversoul when he was scum in Role Call. That is a far cry from not pushing you hard enough in StarCraft.

You were very much in my top scumreads in StarCraft, you're conflating being preoccupied with other elements of the game with not scumreading you. Day 1 you were scummy but I was mistakenly scumreading chennis even moreso. Day 2 we lynched a mechanical guilty. Day 3 I spent all my time trying to make sure Liger wasn't mislynched because yes I was more sure Liger was town than that you were scum but that says more about Liger than you. Day 4 I was not in the game because I was mislynched for saving Liger. There just wasn't a spot to push you. I was shading Stealth Hydra to the exclusion of you some, and he also flipped scum.

It shouldn't be that hard to follow why which head is posting impacts my read. You're not an omgussy player you were quite the opposite in ONewbie
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:50 am

Post by bitbringer »

Is it controversial to call Oversoul town? Because I say Oversoul is town

Someone fite me
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am

Post by bitbringer »

Gif seems to be in a weird headspace lately.
Very on the offensive.

My scum teammate says he is our teammate. I am not certain but he is definitely #buzzwordpingingme
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am

Post by tris »

In post 28, popsofctown wrote:
In post 26, tris wrote:i see some disagreement
GiF knows MariaR is a perfect mod and is posting lies from sake-withdrawal
I was noting the disagreement with respect to reading me between me and your neighbor.
In post 52, Pine wrote:Nah, I'm quite serious about not liking tris's self-conscious indecisiveness
How am I being indecisive? And, could you address and ?

------------------------------------------

scared me for a moment.
In post 73, Pine wrote:If it were a joke, why hesitate? That self-consciousness rings false to me. Town doesn’t need to be inhibited during RVS, so the FOSes are super weird
What hesitation????
Spoiler: some DNS related stuff
In post 77, Definitely Not Scum wrote:A quick meta dive says that tris doesn't do this as either alignment.

Scum in schadd micro: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=80729 and town in nmsa open: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=80894.
why did you use an example (the second one) where I was a replacement, so I didn't participate in RVS?
In post 89, Definitely Not Scum wrote:Y’all are so bad at reading obvtown people. I expect it from GIF, but Pine. :|
i think your vote is on me.
In post 94, Definitely Not Scum wrote:
In post 92, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 89, Definitely Not Scum wrote:Y’all are so bad at reading obvtown people. I expect it from GIF, but Pine. :|
Clearly you don't know how obvtowning works.
Obvtowning means one is towning up without doing odd shit.
Defending a player you are not familiar with by mentioning a playstyle from half-ass meta attempt with 2 games is hella odd at best.
My defense of tris is not a defense. I don’t know why you and Pine have latched onto that word when I declared it nonmeta yet still voted her.

Even if that was a defense, that’s not the reason I’m Obvtown.
oh, I thought you were saying I was obvtown. which was surprising to me.
In post 99, GuyInFreezer wrote: And it's hella weird that you assumed that it was a playstyle before anything else.
Town don't assume playstyle before alignment unless they knew the player to some degree.
Someone's behavior in RVS is an easy thing to go check to see if it's playstyle. I don't see what's wrong with that.
In post 103, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 101, Definitely Not Scum wrote:I’m not assuming anything when I’m using conditional language like “might be”, list an action that could verify the conditional la gauge, do the action, and then Co firm it wasn’t the conditional.

Like ???
All your sematics gets redirected to:

Key point here is that you declared the possibility of it being playstyle before you fact-check it.
but, the fact that he did fact-check it means that he didn't just assert that it was playstyle and then just let it hang there. if he wants to defend me, why make the defense, but then immediately go and negate the defense?
In post 106, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 105, Definitely Not Scum wrote:If I had just left it hanging sure, that could be me trying to change the narrative. But I immediately followed up on it.
In post 99, GuyInFreezer wrote:It reeks of rushed defense.
Ok, now I think I might see what you're arguing here.
In post 116, Definitely Not Scum wrote:GIF: You've shown the inability to read me, so I only ask that you defer to people who actually know how to read me like Firebringer, Pops, Dunnstral, potentially Shadoweh.
I do not like this. VOTE: DNS

Reading further, it sounds like this is what Oversoul is like maybe? Is it common for him to be like this?

I'll move my vote back to VOTE: Pine. I don't understand his scumread on me.

pops seems a little towny.
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 am

Post by bitbringer »

Tris might be a scum pirate
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:12 am

Post by tris »

why?
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:20 am

In post 167, tris wrote:I do not like this. VOTE: DNS

Reading further, it sounds like this is what Oversoul is like maybe? Is it common for him to be like this?

Why vote for us in the first place if you are just going to immediately put your vote back on Pine in the same post?
In post 167, tris wrote:pops seems a little towny.
What do you find towny about Pops?

TOWN
in this game.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:30 am

Post by tris »

In post 170, Definitely Not Scum wrote:
In post 167, tris wrote:I do not like this. VOTE: DNS

Why vote for us in the first place if you are just going to immediately put your vote back on Pine in the same post?
I was constructing the post as a i read.
In post 167, tris wrote:pops seems a little towny.
What do you find towny about Pops?

- Volxen (Definitely Town)[/quote]
her interactions with your partner seemed authentic
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:30 am

Post by tris »

oops. forgot to add in a quote tag
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:38 am

In post 164, popsofctown wrote:I -locktowned- Oversoul when he was scum in Role Call. That is a far cry from not pushing you hard enough in StarCraft.

You were very much in my top scumreads in StarCraft, you're conflating being preoccupied with other elements of the game with not scumreading you. Day 1 you were scummy but I was mistakenly scumreading chennis even moreso. Day 2 we lynched a mechanical guilty. Day 3 I spent all my time trying to make sure Liger wasn't mislynched because yes I was more sure Liger was town than that you were scum but that says more about Liger than you. Day 4 I was not in the game because I was mislynched for saving Liger. There just wasn't a spot to push you. I was shading Stealth Hydra to the exclusion of you some, and he also flipped scum.

It shouldn't be that hard to follow why which head is posting impacts my read. You're not an omgussy player you were quite the opposite in ONewbie
That might explain why Oversoul is hard-to-read for you, but it still doesn't explain your confidence in reading me specifically based on our history together. In our two games together, you scumread me in both games regardless of my alignment. What makes you confident that you will be able to easily identify town!me, given that you apparently found my towngame scummy in Jingle's newbie setup game?

And also this Roll Call game aside, I think that Oversoul's playstyle lends itself to "obvtowning" much more so than my own. For example, some of the "crazy shenanigans" that Oversoul pulled in Undertale 1 played a large part in why a lot of people were able to correctly townread him in that game.

TOWN
in this game.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:52 am

Post by tris »

In post 160, popsofctown wrote:The subset of players who are active seem townish as a group so I'm interested in broadening this game right now.
So, have you changed on Pine since ?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”