Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8425 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 8420, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 8410, Menalque wrote:SS, you around? I wanna talk to someone who’s conf!town because I’m kinda gearing up to a couple of possible teams but idk if I’m reaching or not
I'm around now but liable to be absolutely useless. You can bounce ideas off of me though. What's up?
I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid but I was kinda wondering if the team could be something like mastina, dann, Titus, ducky +1

But also if it’s something like fb, pops, maria, krazy +1

Like there’s about 70 pages that I didn’t read D3 and that I’m not gonna read unless I end up with the deciding vote in lylo

Do those two blocs make sense to you? It feels like they’ve been pushing in different directions, but idk who to go with

The fact that it’s not mylo makes me feel better about the first group being town, but there were some things that pinged me, like dann’s entrance today. I felt like he was softing support for lynching in the bottom end of ff’s list which is where I am, but that he didn’t wanna do that outright?

Idk where I am with mastina and the worst. I don’t like that mastina isn’t dead, but I can see why scum would keep her alive for WIFOM. Also, why would they not just strongman you (which I think would leave mastina alive?). Although the more I think about it, the more I think pine doesn’t necessarily kill you even though you’re conf!town. This is based on being scum with him in ruby where we argued about killing conf!town vs killing those who can influence town and he came down strongly on the side of killing those who interfere with scum’s ability to control the game. I don’t see why his logic would be different for this game, so I think it stil holds that he would do that.

Which brings me back to wondering if that group could be my preference for the scum team. I’m really struggling to put my finger on it, but I feel kind of like there is a cohesion in their approach to the game (who’s defending who, who’s pushing where) that is more likely to come from scum than town. Whereas the other group, while I think I individually townread every player less, seem more to me like people who are kind of figuring their way through things and ending up at a point where they’re working together.

So, I think maybe I needed to write this out more than talk to you specifically maybe, but that’s kinda where I’m at. I think I’m leaning that first group as being scum

Is there anything you see that seems radically flawed here?

VOTE: mastina
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8426 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh wait shit, we’re doing ducky

VOTE: ducky
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8427 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Menalque »

Maria why do you TR Titus?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8428 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:14 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't think Titus takes this hard a stance on scum buddy Mastina. Even if she would the way she's going at it is something I don't think scum Titus can do. I believe she's just being foolish.
Do you think Titus is scummy? If so for what reasons?
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8429 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Pine »

>>Is anything radically flawed?

Umm, your conclusions?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8430 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:17 am

Post by MariaR »

Pine, you might be fabulous and I might listen to your commands. (Don't tell them that part)
but be quiet! The players are talking. Dumb tree
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8431 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Pine »

I’m a player too you dumb...human

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8432 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 8425, Menalque wrote:Do those two blocs make sense to you? It feels like they’ve been pushing in different directions, but idk who to go with
I know mastina vs Krazy obviously but beyond that I can't really remember the specific opinions of people like ducky and Maria. I seriously doubt that you just named four scum in one bloc though. In my opinion, when the game organizes into blocs like that, scum usually bust their asses to make sure they get on multiple sides.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8433 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

I promised myself to think critically today about whether MariaR is pocketing me or whether I'm starting to townread her for genuine reasons.

But now she has a new avatar and is scolding trees and I've lost all hope.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8434 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Menalque »

I don’t really have experience with Titus and I think meta is helpful to me in reading someone well. I’m less sure on her now that I’m no longer thinking it’s mylo because the risk of hard defending a scum buddy would seem more dangerous. But equally, I don’t see why not? That exact logic could be used as a defence, so I don’t think the hard defence is clearing.

I think that the way that she has taken control of the gamestate in a large way is something that could come from scum, and I think especially given that it’s pine helping to direct the scumteam from behind the scenes. The fact that we’ve lynched town the last two days indicates to me that scum is probably quite in control of the gamestate, and scum!titus makes sense to me with that belief because she’s been such a presence recently.

Why don’t you think scum!titus can do this? Why wouldn’t she take a stance this hard on scumbuddy mastina?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8435 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Pine »

It’s that time, boys and girls and growlithes! First up is an old favorite...

This fruit will grant the consumer a 1-shot Watcher ability.

This shot must be used the night after it is received.

This is the image associated with the fruit: Image

You may begin bargaining now...

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8436 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Titus »

@Melanque, I can answer that if you'd like.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8437 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8425, Menalque wrote:
In post 8420, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 8410, Menalque wrote:SS, you around? I wanna talk to someone who’s conf!town because I’m kinda gearing up to a couple of possible teams but idk if I’m reaching or not
I'm around now but liable to be absolutely useless. You can bounce ideas off of me though. What's up?
I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid but I was kinda wondering if the team could be something like mastina, dann, Titus, ducky +1

But also if it’s something like fb, pops, maria, krazy +1

Like there’s about 70 pages that I didn’t read D3 and that I’m not gonna read unless I end up with the deciding vote in lylo

Do those two blocs make sense to you? It feels like they’ve been pushing in different directions, but idk who to go with

The fact that it’s not mylo makes me feel better about the first group being town, but there were some things that pinged me, like dann’s entrance today. I felt like he was softing support for lynching in the bottom end of ff’s list which is where I am, but that he didn’t wanna do that outright?

Idk where I am with mastina and the worst. I don’t like that mastina isn’t dead, but I can see why scum would keep her alive for WIFOM. Also, why would they not just strongman you (which I think would leave mastina alive?). Although the more I think about it, the more I think pine doesn’t necessarily kill you even though you’re conf!town. This is based on being scum with him in ruby where we argued about killing conf!town vs killing those who can influence town and he came down strongly on the side of killing those who interfere with scum’s ability to control the game. I don’t see why his logic would be different for this game, so I think it stil holds that he would do that.

Which brings me back to wondering if that group could be my preference for the scum team. I’m really struggling to put my finger on it, but I feel kind of like there is a cohesion in their approach to the game (who’s defending who, who’s pushing where) that is more likely to come from scum than town. Whereas the other group, while I think I individually townread every player less, seem more to me like people who are kind of figuring their way through things and ending up at a point where they’re working together.

So, I think maybe I needed to write this out more than talk to you specifically maybe, but that’s kinda where I’m at. I think I’m leaning that first group as being scum

Is there anything you see that seems radically flawed here?

VOTE: mastina

I agree but you're siding with the wrong team.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8438 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 8432, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 8425, Menalque wrote:Do those two blocs make sense to you? It feels like they’ve been pushing in different directions, but idk who to go with
I know mastina vs Krazy obviously but beyond that I can't really remember the specific opinions of people like ducky and Maria. I seriously doubt that you just named four scum in one bloc though. In my opinion, when the game organizes into blocs like that, scum usually bust their asses to make sure they get on multiple sides.
Okay I mean that seems plausible and I also would be surprised if I was right about everyone on either side. But equally I remember when pine was talking about taking advantage of town assumptions in Ruby when all the scum were off wagon on the day 1 lynch and we played into that.

But also I’m not sure if everyone is even seeing the “sides” like that. You just mentioned that you’re unsure regarding ducky and María.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8439 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 8436, Titus wrote:@Melanque, I can answer that if you'd like.
Go ahead.

Like I said, I’m very unsure here. Why do you think I’m getting the impression that there’s a cohesion between you/mastina/dann/ducky (which I also felt regarding dann/ducky earlier in the game only to soften on it after interacting with them both directly) but a kind of subtle one?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8440 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Menalque »

Can we please play this correctly this time and let ali/SS leash the fruit?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8441 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Pine »

Eligible to bargain:
10. Titus
11. Pink Ball
12. Krazy
13. Menalque
14. MariaR
15. Katsuki
16. PenguinPower
17. GreyICE
18. Iconeum

Yes, I decided to allow the Titus. Let’s say only the bottom HALF of posters may bargain.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8442 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Pine »

In post 8440, Menalque wrote:Can we please play this correctly this time and let ali/SS leash the fruit?
Attempts to do this will be ignored at best, or cause me to close up shop entirely.

Let the free market decide!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8443 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:33 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 8434, Menalque wrote:Why don’t you think scum!titus can do this? Why wouldn’t she take a stance this hard on scumbuddy mastina?
I see what you're saying. I just think the conviction in the way she's taking stances and the way she's pushing me would be really hard for her to fake. Maybe I'm not respecting her scumgame enough. But I feel if Titus was gonna defend a scum partner like mastina it wouldn't be like this. It'd be a lot more logical and not gun ho like she's doing right now.
Pedit: OOOOO FRUIT LET ME GET NOPED FIRST

Bargin Watcher
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8444 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Menalque »

Yes, but it’s better to not let anyone have it than let scum have it

Unless you wanna give it to SS?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8445 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Pine »

Sure, Maria! What would you like to offer? Other successful offers have involved post restrictions and yielding your vote, what strikes your fancy?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8446 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:37 am

Post by MariaR »

Wait post restriction sounds really fun
GIVE ME A POST RESTRICTION PINEY.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8447 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 8284, Pine wrote:Nah I can’t find the FF=Vig post. His ISO has too much in it, and it was spotted in our Discord thread, which I’m not spending my entire lunch break sifting.
Hey JINGLE:
Is it legal for me to post a screenshot of what discord channels I have access to?

Important question number one to the mod.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8448 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Menalque »

Y’know what fuck this

VOTE: mariaR
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8449 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Pine »

In post 8446, MariaR wrote:Wait post restriction sounds really fun
GIVE ME A POST RESTRICTION PINEY.
Honestly I’d rather you talk. I enjoy it when you engage.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”