Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Axelrod »

I'm trying to remember why I thought Adel might be town (at least over Glork) and I'm not remembering. That "case" against Elvis Knits is a bunch of baloney.

I might possibly be able to get behind an Adel lynch.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:03 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yay!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:41 am

Post by nonny »

Funny thing is, adel's "case" implies that the scum would have some esp and know what the other one does automatically. Macros didn't admit to edtiting the deathpost until after adel's conclusion. So she is assuming that somehow with out a night to discuss it that elvis knew what macros did and was doing. Which is totally far fetched. You never really know anything till you are able to talk, so I don't see where adel gets that assumption that elvis must know it's marcos that edited the deathpost.....it's a huge jump. And not the only one.
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Adel »

the fact that I was right about macros being the death post editor might give a genuine townie pause...
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:58 am

Post by nonny »

Not really since your post referred to him being the one editing "all" the posts. And that he must be cheating. He admitted to editing the deathpost, which was you know technically his job. Sure he may have taken out some information that poeple didn't agree with. But he did his job, do you consider that cheating?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Adel »

he took out information that other people though was cheating, elvis_knits got pissed about that cheating, I made up my theory, he was revealed to be the death post editor, and made a bunch of post rationalizing his actions.... then replaced out.

I still find it totally plausible that elvis_knits was pissed about her scumbuddy cheating.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:09 am

Post by nonny »

I don't really see that it is even cheating. Plus wasn't she pissed about the general idea that posts were being altered, not that specific post? And in turn she was planning on useing that "word" to cheat. And if the deathpost had never been altered it wouldn't be plausible to do so, but still. I don't see your flow of logic. I think she just assumed no town would edit any post ever. Course that is before it was discovered that it is part of some job descriptions, like the one to fix tags and what not? I don't agree with how marcos did his job, I'm just saying he did it, every mod has different death scenes some are short and sweet where as others are extravagant. So apparently marcos likes short and sweet, where as say pooky likes extravagant ones. I see that as doing what your told in the way you think it applies, not cheating. I do wish he would of left pooky's death scene as is, it was a good one. (and now the 50 billion usefulls are annoying)

I think you just aren't able to get over your grudge on elvis, nor are you able to see an perspective other than your own. If you had the job to edit death posts, would you? It's a matter of doing ones job, for all we know is there a penelaty for not doing your job? We say that real mod is obviously not paying attention, but this game is essentially his baby so I think he is paying more attention that we think.

Coron......vote counts?
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Adel »

Taking the role information out of zu's post still seems a little like cheating to me.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sorry all, I've been really busy this week. Expect some useful input from me soon.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Coron-still-sucks-at-helpfulness Vote Count

Adel - 3 (EK, logic, nonny)
Glork - 2 (DGB, AXEL)
DGB - 1 (Coron)
Logic - 1 (Tally)
Nonny - 1 (Adel)

10 alive, 6 to lynch.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by nonny »

So tally, where is that useful input?
*insert bad joke here*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm catching up on my Minvitational first.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Talitha »

OK, useful input.... here it is:

unvote: logic
vote: Adel

Moving game forward.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:00 am

Post by nonny »

As much as I agree with your vote. I'm still interested in the reason behind it.
*insert bad joke here*
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:09 am

Post by logicticus »

seriously talitha, there was no reason for the vote on me...just a gut feeling

and now you are just jumping on a bandwagon once again with no reasoning.

give us something
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Talitha »

I think applying pressure and moving game forward is a damn good reason, especially under the circumstances. Asking for retrospective reasoning makes me laugh. You want me to go back and make something up? The only thing that went unsaid in my vote post was that Adel is someone who I haven't got an especially town feel from.

Having said that, I do need to go back and read over more carefully. I've been so busy and keep running out of time.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Werebear »

I'm kind of disappointed my "hire on a mod" idea didn't get more input. I understand the challenge of self-moderation, but I'm getting kind of tired of no information at all, and the possibility of someone lying in their death post.

If we found someone to mod, and a scum didn't tell them they were scum, then the town wouldn't have to kill them to win, because our "new" mod wouldn't count them as scum. Aww, ya know, heck with it.

Has our deadline setter, indeed set a deadline?
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by nonny »

Since tally is the deadline setter ask her. I don't believe she has.

You know tally I agree we need to move forward, and I do think adel is our best lynch candidate. I just want/ed some input. I don't think in any game that a town would just agree with a moving the game forward vote with out any other reason behind it.
*insert bad joke here*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

I didn't get a lot of positive reaction to my deadline idea, plus I got told off for being hypocritical, so I didn't set one yet.

Also, I would ideally like everybody participating before setting a deadline. Coron springs to mind as someone who needs to be replaced or killed somehow. I don't feel like his contribution level is going to change. DGB is on holiday, right? And Glork is at the meetup.

Nonny, I can understand what you are saying and you are right of course. I'm just bloody tired lately and struggling for motivation.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

Werebear, the rent-a-mod thing is a good idea, but I think it kinda spoils the whole theme of the game. I believe that none of us would ever purposefully cheat or lie about our role after being eliminated from the game - that's why players were screened for maturity when they signed up.

Nonny, what is your mod-role exactly? And what do you think of Macros changing those death posts? Why do you think he did that?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:00 am

Post by nonny »

My mod role is flavorer. I'm supposed to add flavor to the deathposts.

I believe, as I said earlier, Marcos just believed he was doing his job. I know some poeple, even myself, would have done it differently. But he thought he was just acting within his role. And you know he technically was. I don't know what supposed important information he took out of zu's post, the special "word"

I think the point of the game is to show that maybe there are different styles of modding, and that sometimes poeple get mad at mods over silly things, or over just doing thier job? We've all seen that to be true and some of us have experienced it. Most of us I believe have modded games before?

Posting from the rest of our players would be nice. Even adel has disappeared.
*insert bad joke here*
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:00 am

Post by logicticus »

Werebear, the rent-a-mod thing is a good idea, but I think it kinda spoils the whole theme of the game. I believe that none of us would ever purposefully cheat or lie about our role after being eliminated from the game - that's why players were screened for maturity when they signed up.
My thoughts exactly on the matter.

As for the deadline, we seem to be getting some traction and if some people were replaced (e.g. Coron), it might go faster. But everytime we try to replace him, he will post a one line post to buy himself time it seems.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:06 am

Post by nonny »

And get offended over the notion of being replaced. Our person that has that job was killed. But I don't see why we couldn't delegate it out. Can only prod a player so many times before you have to realize they just aren't playing any more(if ever)

I, too, agree with the rent-a-mod being a theme spoiler.
*insert bad joke here*
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Axelrod »

In addition to trying to remember why I thought Adel was town, I'm trying to remember why Macros (now Nonny) was not lynched dead for lying and/or hypocrisy based on these posts:

Post #11:
holy crap, what in the hell is ging on, it said something like "I am vanilla townie I quit"
Emptyger, what is going on?
Post #25:
what, im sorry but i may have missed something along the way.
how hav e we discovered dgb editing? (if we have i'll vote him for it the scumbag)
I'm waiting talithas first post, let aloone vote
I mean, seriously, how does someone who (A) is responsible for the edit he is exclaiming "Holy Crap" about and (B) calls a player suspected of editing a "scumbag" when they actually did it themselves, live?

Is it really just because he's supposed to be terrible? I mean, that's worse than terrible, that's downright lying deceit. And it's NOT what Macros later said:
@ Tall, I assumed iot was to give the game flavour, hence my excitement when the game started, I assumed (obviously quite wrongly) this was an oppourtunity for me to delight the masses with witty death scenes, my early foray to test the waters showed clearly everyone was not clued in to the idea (that I thought was immeadiately obvious) that despite the mature title, this game would be a delightful trip down a twisted nostalgia lane, chock full of old jokes, and random bullshit. But no, I was filled with disgust at the serious tone in pretty much everyones post, I was then forced to play dumb for fear of a pogrom on my fine self for editing the post (which is my job).
He was exclaiming "Holy Crap" before almost anyone else had said one word about the death post edit. He called the (hypothetical) editor a "scumbag" before people started complaining that the editor was "cheating" - not to mention the fact that the death edit contained precisely none of the wittiness than he claimed it was his intention to insert.

Could he really be just
that
bad?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:26 am

Post by nonny »

I mus say yes, that does look bad. And I don't agree with what he did in the situation. But I can't correct that. Plus when I was reading this game, before I became biased to marcos due to him being me. I thought he was just really not good at mafia nor at defending his actions. Since as you said there was no wit in the first deathscene edit nor the two that followed. He didn't even have time to tell if poeple would enjoy good deathscenes.
*insert bad joke here*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”