Normal 222: Black Versus White Mafia (Endgame)

Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

Godammit and I was happy that for half a second mumble was being taken seriously
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:56 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1597, Something_Smart wrote:In fairness, if there's a ninja, the tracker was not all that useful to us.
In this case, quite the contrary. Rick asked for the Tracker to check him to confirm his Visitor claim. If there are Ninjas in the game like Rick claimed, the fact that Rick could have visited a player could have proven his claim to be true, thus be a confirmed Town. If Mumble is a 1-Shot Bodyguard, then he should have protected Chickadee. If it costs me my own life, I'd have protected the un cc'd Tracker in a heartbeat, regardless if there were Ninjas or not. Backing up the claim of a Visitor or any other power role could be crucial to piecing together the puzzle, but now with Chickadee dead, we can't even do that, unless there is another Tracker.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Seeing Rick visit someone wouldn't have confirmed anything, though...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

Seeing Rick
not visit
, or visit a corpse, would have confirmed him scum though.

I want to hear from mumble himself before anyone else votes.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:12 am

Post by PMysterious »

I accused him of being a Mafia Ninja, a role that doesn't confirm a visit to the Tracker. If the Tracker came back with a positive result, it would have confirmed that Rick wasn't the Ninja at least. So now, with the Tracker dead, this provides a few theories.

1. There is a Ninja that killed Chickadee mostly so we wouldn't get anymore information on Rick, since most of us were scumreading him yesterday.

2. There is a Ninja and Rick is that ninja, and if Chickadee was alive, then the result would be negative, thus forcing more suspicion.

3. There is no Ninja and it was a bluff by Rick to get us to think there are Ninjas. However, this also means that if the Mafia performs kills, then they could be found out by the Tracker, thus requiring them to kill the un CC'd Tracker.

Regardless, all of these results would have required the Tracker to be killed, the un CC'd Tracker, mind you. So, without a doubt, we must ask. If Mumble is a 1-Shot Bodyguard as he claimed, then why did he not protect Chickadee?
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:26 am

Why would you claim visitor as ninja, a role that specifically cannot be seen visiting?

If Rick is scum it's likely he has a visiting role and someone ELSE on his team is a ninja. In that case they have nothing to fear from the tracker but a lot to gain if Rick gets false confirmed.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:38 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1605, Something_Smart wrote:Why would you claim visitor as ninja, a role that specifically cannot be seen visiting?

If Rick is scum it's likely he has a visiting role and someone ELSE on his team is a ninja. In that case they have nothing to fear from the tracker but a lot to gain if Rick gets false confirmed.
If there is a Ninja AND Rick is Scum, then why would they kill the one person that could have made Rick look town? It doesn't make sense in that regard.

So we have a few questions that need answering.

Why did Mafia kill the Tracker?

If Mumble
is
1-Shot Bodyguard, then why did he not protect Chickadee?

These two questions could very well be connected, and answering them might crack this game wide open. At this point, it's worth a shot.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:47 am

Full disclosure, I advised him not to protect her, but I don't know if he listened to me.

I won't say what I advised him to do, in case he doesn't want to publicly reveal whether he still has the shot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:49 am

We should hear roster's result before we do anything.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1606, PMysterious wrote:
In post 1605, Something_Smart wrote:Why would you claim visitor as ninja, a role that specifically cannot be seen visiting?

If there is a Ninja AND Rick is Scum, then why would they kill the one person that could have made Rick look town? It doesn't make sense in that regard.
Not to put words in SS' mouth, but I think that's his point. All this talk of ninjas is a red herring. I'll explain once mumble posts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:58 am

Yes, it was my point.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1608, Something_Smart wrote:We should hear roster's result before we do anything.
Roster site flaked I think.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Mumble »

In post 1596, PMysterious wrote:Okay, so the Tracker was nightkilled. Now for the question. Mumble, you claimed to be a 1-Shot Bodyguard alongside your other powers.

Why did you not protect Chikadee despite the claim? You only claimed to neighbor someone on Night 1, with no claim of you using your Bodyguard power. So, why didn't you use it on the un cc'd Tracker?

VOTE: Mumble
Because this isn't an open setup and an "un cc'd Tracker" doesn't mean that Chick was actually that role, and I didn't feel like taking a bullet for her.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Not sure the tracker dying makes Mumble scum. I mean could see it, he hasn’t exactly been playing a pro-town game or leaving a town of reads. He hasn’t tried to avoid being a kill target either because his play has been worth a vigilante shot. I just can’t escape the feeling that it feels a bit too easy.

It seems like you’re devaluing the individual player though by simply dismissing the VT player as worthless simply based on their role. A strong VT player playing a good game can be dangerous to scum and a great idea for a bodyguard to guard.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:09 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Also buying an investigative another night in exhange for your death is only really a plus for town assuming the result is more of a net positive than the quality of your reads.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:09 am

Post by Mumble »

I'm not going to take a bullet for someone I don't know is town. I know my own alignment.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:15 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think that’s a discussion to have for post game.

What I will say is that one can argue that if as town, you have an opportunity to die and flip in a game without bringing scum closer to their win condition, you should normally take it; it gives town more information (the fact that you were town), which both helps them trust your reads and reduces the chance that you get mislynched, and the only downside is that you can't give public opinions on what happens in the rest of the game.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1615, Mumble wrote:I'm not going to take a bullet for someone I don't know is town. I know my own alignment.
This is
painful
. You "not taking a bullet" for them means they do get the bullet themselves. WHO gets shot at on this game? That's right! TOWN DO. Moreover, a BODYGUARD is SUPPOSED to die for someone else. That's what a BG does. You are NOT meant to survive to endgame anyway. I call BS. Vote stays.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:38 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1615, Mumble wrote:I'm not going to take a bullet for someone I don't know is town. I know my own alignment.
That's the point of Mafia. You DON'T know if anyone on the Town side is actually town. But considering that again, Chickadee was un-cc'd, that should be a decent indicator that she was Town.

You SHOULD have bit the bullet for Chickadee to survive the night, but you didn't. In that case,
what did you do on the previous night
?
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Mumble »

In post 1617, Almost50 wrote:
This is
painful
. You "not taking a bullet" for them means they do get the bullet themselves. WHO gets shot at on this game? That's right! TOWN DO. Moreover, a BODYGUARD is SUPPOSED to die for someone else. That's what a BG does. You are NOT meant to survive to endgame anyway. I call BS. Vote stays.
There is a vigilante in this game, dillweed. Also, I'm not just a bodyguard, dipstick.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Mumble »

In post 1618, PMysterious wrote:
That's the point of Mafia. You DON'T know if anyone on the Town side is actually town. But considering that again, Chickadee was un-cc'd, that should be a decent indicator that she was Town.

You SHOULD have bit the bullet for Chickadee to survive the night, but you didn't. In that case,
what did you do on the previous night
?
It not a fucking open game or even semi-open. There is nothing to CC. Fuck off.

I commuted.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:43 am

Points awarded for the creative insults.

Points promptly subtracted for thinking a vig would ever shoot Chickadee.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1619, Mumble wrote:There is a vigilante in this game, dillweed. Also, I'm not just a bodyguard, dipstick.
Why would a Vig target a claimed unCC'd Tracker, MF? And I KNOW what you claimed, SoB.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:46 am

Okay that's enough.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Mumble »

It's not like a vigilante in a recent game shot a claimed Backup Gunsmith or anything, derphead.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”