farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Is Doktor Per a pawn? The great debate continues. The votes haven't changed the discussion is fierce.

Vote count:

StrangerCoug 1 vote: (OGML)
Sibelius 1 vote: (Thinktank)
Gatekeeper 1 vote: (Rogue)
dcorbe 1 vote: (Doktor Per)
Doktor Per 5 vote: (dcorbe, strangerCoug, Gatekeeper, IcemanE, Light-Kun)

Not voting:

Greasy Spot
Sibelius
Cephrir

With 12 people it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline July 10

Proding Greasy Spot
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Doktor Per wrote:This OMGUS debate is in it's entirety retarded and can we please get on with our lives?
No. First off, OMGUS only exists when two people are voting each other and the second person to vote does not have a legitimate reason to vote the first back. You're the one guilty of OMGUS, not us. Hence my vote.

Second, you are the scummiest player right now. You roleclaimed too early, and your hinting at the number of the Mafia and the fact that there is a cop contradicts your roleclaim, so we can't tell what exactly you are. We've settled on scum for you.

While I'm at it, ever heard of "lynch all liars"?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Thinktank. I toss votes around, in a more joking and lighthearted manner, as I notice the other of you are doing it as well. Note my "OMGUS" vote against Light-kun which no one seems to care about. Do you now see why I think you guys are being a bunch of silly sillies? Well if you don't then you are even sillier than I think.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:31 am

Post by icemanE »

Man, I just don't understand you Dok, not one bit.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:31 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:This OMGUS debate is in it's entirety retarded and can we please get on with our lives?
No. First off, OMGUS only exists when two people are voting each other and the second person to vote does not have a legitimate reason to vote the first back. You're the one guilty of OMGUS, not us. Hence my vote.

OMGUS: Oh My God! You Suck!.
Usually
used in the context of an 'OMGUS vote'
It doesn't have to be in the context of a vote. It can be in the context of a reaction to someone. The acronym itself lends to its definition. In short, you are wrong.
StrangerCoug wrote: Second, you are the scummiest player right now. You roleclaimed too early, and your hinting at the number of the Mafia and the fact that there is a cop contradicts your roleclaim, so we can't tell what exactly you are. We've settled on scum for you.

We need to be careful about policy lynches. Scum will often hide behind policy lynches in leu of scum hunting because they're all too often easy lynch targets.

D1 policy lynches especially rarely pan out.

FoS: StrangerCoug
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 am

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:Thinktank. I toss votes around, in a more joking and lighthearted manner, as I notice the other of you are doing it as well. Note my "OMGUS" vote against Light-kun which no one seems to care about. Do you now see why I think you guys are being a bunch of silly sillies? Well if you don't then you are even sillier than I think.
Me being a silly silly? Now thats just silly.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Not from my point of view, Homer.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Picking up my Prod. I am at work right now. Will read everything and post my thoughts tonight. Sorry.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:Not from my point of view, Homer.
You're now at L-2. Are you going to try and do a better job of convincing us why we shouldn't lynch you than that?

A good defense is a stellar offense. Who should be we be focused on and why?
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I've said everything I have to say, seeing as no one is going for anyone else, I will be the Day one sacrifice, which is always, always town. Well, have fun guys.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by icemanE »

Dok - why did you join if you aren't going to play? It's almost like you want to be lynched... is it possible this setup has a jester?
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I'm going to play, but seeing as I have been judged (Be honest guys, could I
really
convince any of you not to?) what can I say, I find all of you guys suspect.

Greasy Spot says he will post his thoughts tonight, why hasn't he already, is he online?
Dcorbe, why the fuck are you so bloody rampant? It's like you have taken upon yourself the crusader role (which is going to explode somewhat in your face once I get lynch, which is going to happen now since no one is going to withdraw their votes, and if they do, I'll still have majority vote, come lynching time.)
Light-Kun, you are one of the least scummiest guys around and for a while you at least allowed yourself to be somewhat silly until I repremanded you :p you have been sensible on all accounts. Either you are excellent town or smart scum. I hope you are the former and in that case, I hope you're bulletproof.
IcemanE, you're kinda cool as well, caught onto Dcorbe's silly when it began. Either you're a smart town (which I hope you are) or you put some foundations under Dcorbe's downfall. (Or it's a slight hint at distancing)
Sibelius, I would want to see more of you, you seemed neutral.
Rogue, you have been somewhat sensible, so I have found nothing suspect about your behavior, or it might be safe play.

That's all I have to say. I hope we'll get to play another time and things will go off on a better start.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

dcorbe wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: Second, you are the scummiest player right now. You roleclaimed too early, and your hinting at the number of the Mafia and the fact that there is a cop contradicts your roleclaim, so we can't tell what exactly you are. We've settled on scum for you.

We need to be careful about policy lynches. Scum will often hide behind policy lynches in leu of scum hunting because they're all too often easy lynch targets.

D1 policy lynches especially rarely pan out.

FoS: StrangerCoug
This is true. I want to see DP's alignment before I reach a verdict on SC as well; he has coached DP on three seperate occasions and could very well be attempting to make this look like a bus now. I think this lynch is going to give us a ton of info, quite frankly; DP is pretty scummy and I don't see anyone else getting lynched today.

Vote: Dokter Per

THIS IS A L-1 VOTE. Just making that perfecly clear.

Also, I may have limited access for an unknown length of time. Shouldn't be more than a week, and I might be able to post anyway.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

FoS: Cephrir

Why do you need to sacrafice dokter per to reach a verdict on StrangerCoug?

I would rather we just get together and lynch StrangerCoug today.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:40 am

Post by dcorbe »

At L-1 I would say it's time for a claim but he's already claimed :) Can anyone think of a reason not to drop the hammer? Please speak up now.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Please give me about 10-20 minutes to read everything before ya'll hammer.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I have to leave to go to a Doctor's appointment. I have some comments but no time to type them.

Please wait till I post before you hammer.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
FoS: Cephrir

Why do you need to sacrafice dokter per to reach a verdict on StrangerCoug?

I would rather we just get together and lynch StrangerCoug today.
You're going to have to play a really long conviction game for that to be really feasible. Your argument against me is legitimate (but may or may not be true, I must warn you—I try to leave myself as open to interpretation as to what exactly I am as possible), and I have been pushing for his lynch the most if I'm not mistaken.

For some reason, it doesn't surprise me that I'll be the person to look at during Day 2 (assuming, of course, that if I'm town, I don't get killed Night 1). I do hit hard when I'm convinced of scum—but do I hit
TOO
hard? That's the question I'm asking myself.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Doktor Per »

dcorbe wrote:At L-1 I would say it's time for a claim but he's already claimed :) Can anyone think of a reason not to drop the hammer? Please speak up now.
Yes, me! But you're not going to like it.
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Gatekeeper »

Doktor, You are going to have to get us a better reason to not lynch you if you really don't want to be. (just "me" and your claim, with your conflicting posts and such is not seeming to change our minds)

I don't think our mod would put a jester in this game, but maybe he would. If he did, and Doktor is the jester, this would really suck as we are about to lynch him on day 1
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:53 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

The next person to say the word jester...

Farside would not put a jester in this game.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:54 am

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:
dcorbe wrote:At L-1 I would say it's time for a claim but he's already claimed :) Can anyone think of a reason not to drop the hammer? Please speak up now.
Yes, me! But you're not going to like it.
Why won't? If you have anything to say now would definitely be the time to say it. I've seen enough evidence to lay the hammer but I'm waiting on Greasy Spot as he has specifically asked no one hammer until he posts and its definitely a good idea as we haven't heard much from him at all. So I suggest you say what you need to say quickly and clearly to survive this day.

I doubt that there is a jester and considering his last comment I doubt he is. He seems to be hinting at something and a jester probably wouldn't do that this close to a lynch because it keeps people like me from dropping the hammer.

But seriously, Dok, if you have anything to say, do it now. I've just had a game where the main suspect was a Cop and never claimed when there was a very good chance there was a doc in the game and just get himself get lynched. Your last post implied you were leading to something. What was it?
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:55 am

Post by thinktank »

*Why won't we like it?

Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Light-kun »

Um, thanks Dok. Unless you are a jester, in which case I am insulted. XP
I am only posting to say that I am not going to be able to post until Friday. However, I have, and I will continue to be, up to date. I will post if something big causes me to alter my vote. Till then!
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

dcorbe wrote:
icemanE wrote:Also, yeah, I still don't understand the "breadcrumbing". Most often people breadcrumb when they're a protown power role as a way of trying to reveal info without claiming. I don't see how it would be at all advantageous to breadcrumb as scum, so I don't buy that part of the argument.
It's not advantageous to breadcrum as scum and that's sort of the point.

Whether it's a weak tell or a strong tell is also an irrelevant point. The point of the vote was to try and get a pressure wagon going on him and it worked because now he's dropping scum tells.
Iceman makes a good point saying it is not advantageous to breadcrumb as scum. Then dcorbe counters that with a good arguement.

Here's the deal as I see it. Scum don't need to breadcrumb as scum. If they want to breadcrumb as a cop or a doc to throw the town off that could be a good play later on. However it does not benefit scum to breadcrumb as scum.

As far as putting pressure on someone to see if they pop this is a good method. I believe Doktor Per has popped from the pressure but I'm not sure yet if he is scum.

I think dcorbe should be looked at closely for pushing this lynch. I could be wrong but I don't think Doktor Per is not scummy enough to lynch yet.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Cephrir wrote:How could he be breadcrumbing a power role... he's already claimed vanilla.
He was accused of the power role bit before he claimed vanilla.
Doktor Per wrote:I never did claim Mafia, all I did say was that I could've been more careful with my words, seeing as everyone goes off their hook at the word SCUM.
We're not saying you claimed Mafia. We're saying that you claimed town after breadcrumbing Mafia and (according to dcorbe—I wouldn't have caught it) soft-claiming a power role. Remember that I officially voted you for OMGUS voting dcorbe, but that's not the only reason why you're suspicious to me.

Give me three good reasons why you shouldn't be lynched for posts 42 and 47.
This is so stupid of a case it makes you look dumb.

Post42 wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:
dcorbe wrote: And in all seriousness, how do you know how many scum there are in this game? Breadcrum much?
Unvote, Vote Doktor Per
According to the formula there should be three or four scum.
unvote

That was one of the scummiest posts I've ever read.
vote: dcorbe

If you are town, your paranoid antics will only hold us back. I will laugh if you will have the cop lynched.
This is no way indicates he is claiming cop or any other power role. He is simply saying he thinks you are going to push the wrong lynch eventually and it's going to be the cop.
Doktor Per wrote:I am a vanilla, mark my words, I just find his silly "OMG PARANOIA! SERIOUS BUSINESS" silly and stupid. The ideal ratio for scum versus town is one scum per three town. If there were five scum, if we would lose three town in short succession, it's much too easy for scum to win that way. Three is leaning towards town, while four would seem somewhat ideal.

Instead of realizing that not liking puns = Mafia is a joke, you all jump on the dcorbe bandwagon, because he decides that paranoia (or pointing fingers) is a really good tactic. Or this is all a inter Mafia scheme to distance us so in the end game, Dcorbe will be trusted and can take you hosers out one by one. HA HA HA!

What is going to happen now is that I get lynched, turn up as vanilla, someone speculates about me being scum miller or whatever you crazies do.

Jesus Christ guys, way to not have a sense of humor. I forgot that Mafia is SRS BSNSS.

Holding on for you to over interpret my post :) You can do it, lovable scamps.
I hardly think this is a claim. More of a clarification to the twist dcorbe is trying to put on it.

I think dcorbe honestly thought he had scum and was trying to pressure him. I think StrangerCoug is trying to increase the pressure and spin this out of control.
vote: StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”