Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Lloyd »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:If Pug and I would both be scum, the game would already be over, right?
I'm not so sure. You two could be scums of different factions - That's what happened to me in another game.

See BM's Mystery Mafia where I lost because I voted.

I blocked you last night, and there were no kills. That leads me to think you're probably scum.

If both of you happen to be scums, then argh, maybe I'll win a mafia award for most games lost due to voting.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Pug89 »

I need to take a closer look at both of you before making a decision, but I'm leaning towards Lloyd right now. On the other hand I feel WLC as been assumed to be town because of the events earlier in the game and that could be a dangerous assumption.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:47 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

If there would be two scum factions, why aren't there more kills? You blocking me would explain 1 kill that didn't happen, but what about the second kill?

Also, I think the roleblocker in the game was probably Storm (as per lovo's explanation why he was blocked), and I doubt there'd be two roleblockers in the game.

I just don't really see Pug as scum, he comes across innocent and sometimes at a loss, looking for scum. Lloyd comes a across a bit more pushy, and with a bit more farfetched things.

I'm really not in favor for more ways for you two to make it harder on me with explanations, giving more time for the scumside to come up with a ruse. I think in this case it's best for me to stick with my gut feeling.

I really hope I have the right one of you two, otherwise Pug played a good game.
Vote Lloyd.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Vote Count:

Lloyd (1) : WeyounsLastClone

3 Alive, 2 to lynch.
I'm back!
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Pug89 »

Vote: Lloyd

I hope this is the right choice. There is no way to confirm is role since it supposedly goes unnoticed but we at least have confirmation of WLC's role name. Also his conjecture that both of the remaining players beside him are scum just seems like an attempt to sow confusion.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Lloyd
is dead.

WeyounsLastClone
(serial killer) wins the game.

I'll post the setup soon.
I'm back!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:30 am

Post by ooba »

Wow - i died on Night 2 - the game lasted 5 days and only 4 people have higher post counts in this game than than me ..

I thought my role had a lot of promise - but the game didn't pick up at all ..
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 am

Yay! I won!

I loved the X-Men concept, thanks to the mod for running this game. Sorry though that it didn't really pick up.

I'm curious to everyone's choices and the complete set-up of the game.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:40 am

Post by ooba »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Yay! I won!
Congrats :)
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I loved the X-Men concept, thanks to the mod for running this game. Sorry though that it didn't really pick up.
Yes .. I was pretty excited about the entire 'x men' theme too ..
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Lloyd did you target WLC or not. I knew he was the SK.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:00 am

From my description, I had one or more nightkill protections.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Lloyd »

farside22 wrote:Lloyd did you target WLC or not. I knew he was the SK.
I blocked & targeted WLC. WLC must have had 2 night kill protections (night 1 + night 4).

I tried, but I couldn't convince Pug to vote the other way.

I believe Pug was telling the truth, due to ThePhantom's slip about not going out on night 1. In re-reading that + Pug's claim, I was convinced that Pug was telling the truth, and anyone targeting Pug would probably die.

I let your slip up being Shadowcat go unnoticed, but WLC found it anyway. As for not self lynching, I suppose the game would could drag on for another day. It's unclear how many night protections WLC had (he has at least 2, maybe more?)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lloyd wrote:
farside22 wrote:Lloyd did you target WLC or not. I knew he was the SK.
I blocked & targeted WLC. WLC must have had 2 night kill protections (night 1 + night 4).

I tried, but I couldn't convince Pug to vote the other way.

I believe Pug was telling the truth, due to ThePhantom's slip about not going out on night 1. In re-reading that + Pug's claim, I was convinced that Pug was telling the truth, and anyone targeting Pug would probably die.

I let your slip up being Shadowcat go unnoticed, but WLC found it anyway. As for not self lynching, I suppose the game would could drag on for another day. It's unclear how many night protections WLC had (he has at least 2, maybe more?)
Yeah I screwed up there big time. The game had dragged so long I forgot about shadowcat even being in the game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Pug was in the un-envitable position that I was in the other game, where he loses as long as he votes.

I tried foreshadow scenario by linking to it, but Pug decided to vote anyway. For what it's worth, I would have voted in Pug's situation then lose the game due to voting.

Since there were no kills the previous night, there were no guarantees that scums could kill each other (seems more like a deadlock until votes happen during the day)
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:35 pm

So, what was Storm's power, if any? I suppose Lloyd was roleblocker Iceman after all, only in mafia form. And was your description of Morpheus power correct, in that you could adopt another character's role?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Storm was a blocker too, once every 3 nights, Johoohno can cast fog that blocks all but teammates. That's how lovo was blocked.

My block is each night by freezing, restriction to submit name during the day, but I go unnoticed.

Yes, 2 role blockers, on the same team. I think 2 role blockers on different teams seems like a more likely setup, but we got 2 role blockers on the same team in this setup.

We took ooba's game balance concerns of you not possibly being scum (resurrection + kill townie in process) way too far, and it hurt us in the end.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Yeah, I guess that if more emphasis would be put in that I could possibly be the Dark Phoenix, I'd wouldn't have got this far.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by Lloyd »

wlc, who did you kill (if anyone)?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Night 3 I killed Johoohno. I was a bit surprised to see logicticus turn up town, because I really thought he was scum, reading the thread. I figured I had to kill someone that night, and not make a mistake, because otherwise it'd probably have given the scum enough power to end the game. Looking back, I felt Johoohno's play during that day's lynch was the most scummy, so I chose him. Luckily it turned out well.

Night 4 I chose Lloyd. I didn't want to burn my hands on Pug, because I believed his claim, and didn't want to try if my protection covered that as well.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

The setup was:

Scum:

Storm

You are Storm. You have control over the nature. Once in the game, you can cast a fog which will cover the entire town, providing cover for activities of your scumbuddies and blocking any other actions. Your get a chance to cast one extra fog for each 3 days you survive.

You win as scum

Morpheus

You are Morpheus. You can imitate other people. Once in the game, you can choose to imitate someone while performing a kill, leaving evidence of the other person at the crime scene.

You win as scum

Iceman

You are Iceman. Your powers allow you to freeze any person each DAY. When the person is freezed, they will not be able to perform night actions the following night.

You win as scum

Town:

Cyclops

You are Cyclops. You shoot uncontrollable laser beam through your eyes. Fortunately your eyes are covered by glasses which stop the laser. You may once during the day take off the glasses and direct the laser at any person you wish instantly killing him. For every 3 days you live, you get an additional chance to shoot laser.

However, be warned. getting lynched or being killed at night aren't the only ways you can die.

You win with the town.

Professor X

You are Professor X. You are a telepath. You can, once every night use the cerebro to either track or watch any person you wish. You will be notified not only about the people targeted by the person if you are tracking them, and the people who target him if you are watching. Since you do this using the cerebro from far away without visiting their house, this action goes completely undetected.

You win with the town.

Rogue

You are Rogue. Your power is that you can absorb life force from any other person comming in contact with you. Due to this, any person targeting you at night will die, regardless of their action.

You win with the town.

Gambit

You are Gambit. Your powers allow you to charge inanimate objects with unstable kinetic energy. You may choose to charge objects in any one person's house every night, causing anyone entering their house that night to die.

You win with the town.

Shadowcat

You are Shadowcat. Your powers allow you to phase through walls. Every night, you can choose to hide in someone else's house. If you do this, you will not be affected by any actions targeting you, but you will be affected by any actions affecting the person you are targeting.

You win with the town.

Beast

You are the Beast. You have immense strength and agility, which you can use to protect someone at night. However, protecting someone comes at cost. Anyone trying to kill the person you are protecting will kill you instead.

You win with the town.

Special Town role

Jean Grey

You are Jean Grey. You have telepathic and telekinetic abilities. However, they are weak and thus not effective at all. That is, only until you are alive. If you are killed, you get reanimated into Pheonix force. Once you are Pheonix force, you gain a fixed amount NK immunity (determined by a formula) and get the ability to kill at night. However, your death may have far reaching and unclear effects on some of the others.

You win with the town

Neutral

Wolverine

You are Wolverine. You are indestructible, which means you cannot be killed at night. You love Jean Grey. However, there is an obstacle in your way by the way of Cyclops. Due to this, you have made it your mission to get Cyclops lynched. You thus win if Cyclops (Monkey) is lynched. If Cyclops dies in any other way, you lose your night kill immunity become a survivor.

Notes:

1) Jean Grey and Cyclops are lovers, unknown to both of them. That is, if Jean Grey dies, then cyclops dies too. However, reverse is not true.

2) As Wolverine loves Jean, if Jean dies (and cyclops automatically dies), Wolverine is reformed and gets the win condition of town.

3) Once Jean Grey is reanimated as Pheonix force, he/she becomes a serial killer.

4) Professor X doesn't leave his house. Hence, he/she does not die on targeting Rogue, and he does not die if he/she targets a house boobytrapped by Gambit.

I did the following goof ups in this game, which I think had a quite a lot of impact on the game:

1) 40 page rule. This was a disaster. I thought it would be interesting, but this backfired really badly

2) Morph - Morpheus confusion. I guess I should stop watching Matrix...
I'm back!
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Johoohno »

I loved the concept, and am sorry it was such a low activity here.

If it is okay with Lloyd and Farside I wouldn't mind distributing the quick topic thread with our scum notes.

This was my first gameas scum, and I think I did pretty good. Any game improvement hints for me?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:49 am

Johoohno wrote:I loved the concept, and am sorry it was such a low activity here.

If it is okay with Lloyd and Farside I wouldn't mind distributing the quick topic thread with our scum notes.

This was my first gameas scum, and I think I did pretty good. Any game improvement hints for me?
When I entered the game, on first read I didn't really suspect you. After logicticus was lynched though, I had to make a choice and somehow found you the most suspicious. But that was mainly the way you joined the logicticus-lynch.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Johoohno wrote:If it is okay with Lloyd and Farside I wouldn't mind distributing the quick topic thread with our scum notes.
I don't mind you sharing the notes
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Johoohno »

@ WeyounsLastClone: Yeah, that might have come out a bit opportunistic, however, I wanted to keep Darla alive since I thought she to be an easier nightkill, suspecting logicticus to be wolverine and having immunity made me wantg him lynched instead.

Here is the link to the scum discussion for those interested: Quicktopic link
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I was wondering, I was like, WTF who is morpheus?? Its not matrix XD but yea Morph makes sense, although I believe he only appeared in the BEST SERIES EVER.. aka the 90s X-Men Cartoon series.

I tracked Johoo the night he killed me xD it was a rather defeating result.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”