He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
unvote, vote: strangercoug

Give me three good reasons why you shouldn't be lynched for setting dokter per up to fail in 97.
Doktor Per claimed on page 2 when he only had two votes on him. It takes seven people to lynch somebody right now.
His posts are misleading to me. He says he's vanilla, but I don't know how he knows exactly how many scum are in this game, nor do I know how he knows there's a cop. Therefore, I do not believe his claim.
He's acting like he doesn't care what happens to him and that this game is a joke. He appears to be oblivious to what's going on.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Doktor Per »

I'll indulge you. On 42. Third vote which is founded on nothing but silliness, seeing as it's still day 1. Do note that I changed my vote with almost every other post till that point because everything went off the hook.

47 I claim vanilla, what of it? I'm accused of soft claiming when I call Dcorbe a paranoid silly, so I just claim and come clean, I've seen this kind of stuff roll before.

Third reason: You are not clinically insane.

Fourth reason. If I survive today, I will most likely be Mafia proof for the rest of the game. (That's not really a reason, but hey, I'm a big silly)

And on your latest point, I do care, somewhat, about what happens to me, I care slightly more about what happens to the town (greater good as the Neighborhood Watch Alliance would say), but that's nothing compared to how much I care about having fun, my wife or child. If I didn't care what happened to me, would I be indulging you, really?
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

This game has got a funky cast it seems...

I can never get a read on people like Per... you can never tell if they are seriously that clueless.

From the people that are pushing Per... I think StrangerCoug is doing it in a more scummy manner than dcorbe did. Though I may be mistaking passion and conviction for actual forcefulness.

In other news, seems like this is Per's only game so far on this site... so he can't be cleared of the crazy through meta.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Doktor Per wrote:I'll indulge you. On 42. Third vote which is founded on nothing but silliness, seeing as it's still day 1. Do note that I changed my vote with almost every other post till that point because everything went off the hook.

47 I claim vanilla, what of it? I'm accused of soft claiming when I call Dcorbe a paranoid silly, so I just claim and come clean, I've seen this kind of stuff roll before.

Fourth reason. If I survive today, I will most likely be Mafia proof for the rest of the game. (That's not really a reason, but hey, I'm a big silly)

And on your latest point, I do care, somewhat, about what happens to me, I care slightly more about what happens to the town (greater good as the Neighborhood Watch Alliance would say), but that's nothing compared to how much I care about having fun, my wife or child. If I didn't care what happened to me, would I be indulging you, really?
OK, I drop reason #3 I have for lynching you. You need to keep in mind, however, that most people don't unvote a random vote to make another one and tradition is to wait to claim until you're one vote away from a lynch (though I've sometimes seen it at lynch -2 instead of lynch -1).

Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Light-kun »

After reading your last post,Dok, I strongly believe you are mafia. I apologize if I am wrong, but you seem very scummy in your long winded defense. Without the ability to see your past play style, I cannot defend you in that manner. Additionally, I have seen novice mafia play the noobie card or play without any seriousness in their game. So:

vote: Dokter Per

fixed
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:11 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

dok, in the future, regardless of your actual alignment in this game, vanilla claims should be made as late as possible because you're just making it easier for the mafia to find power roles.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote count:

StrangerCoug 1 vote: (OGML)
Sibelius 1 vote: (Thinktank)
Gatekeeper 1 vote: (Rogue)
dcorbe 1 vote: (Doktor Per)
Doktor Per 5 vote: (dcorbe, strangerCoug, Gatekeeper, IcemanE, Light-Kun)

Not voting:

Greasy Spot
Sibelius
Cephrir

With 12 people it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline July 10
Last edited by farside22 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: You give four votes for Doktor Per but list five names.

Thank you. Fixed

Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Light-kun wrote:After reading your last post,Dok, I strongly believe you are mafia. I apologize if I am wrong, but you seem very scummy in your long winded defense. Without the ability to see your past play style, I cannot defend you in that manner. Additionally, I have seen novice mafia play the noobie card or play without any seriousness in their game. So:

fixed
I can't fault your logic.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

DP wrote:Fourth reason. If I survive today, I will most likely be Mafia proof for the rest of the game. (That's not really a reason, but hey, I'm a big silly)
Huh?
Doktor Per wrote:
Light-kun wrote:After reading your last post,Dok, I strongly believe you are mafia. I apologize if I am wrong, but you seem very scummy in your long winded defense. Without the ability to see your past play style, I cannot defend you in that manner. Additionally, I have seen novice mafia play the noobie card or play without any seriousness in their game. So:

fixed
I can't fault your logic.
Huh? Admittance of guilt or what?
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Doktor Per »

First point. Mafia won't go after me as I will always be under shadow of doubt.

Second point. I can see his point of view, it's just too bad it's going to wind up with a townie lynch in this case.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:I'll indulge you. On 42. Third vote which is founded on nothing but silliness, seeing as it's still day 1. Do note that I changed my vote with almost every other post till that point because everything went off the hook.

Could you elaborate on Reason Four?

Secondly, don't make any assumptions as to what will and won't happen. That's one of the reasons why you're at lynch-2, making more isn't helping your argument.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Cephrir wrote:Little note so that I dont get called out later for not mentioning it-- if Per is scum, the two partners I mentioned are icemanE and StrangerCoug.
Why icemanE?
StrangerCoug: I noticed when Cephrir said that he thought IcemanE and you as scum, you only asked why you thought IcemanE could be scum?You never asked why Cephrir thought you were one of the partners, only IcemanE but still leading me to believe could be a significant slip. Could you explain that please?

Be absolutely convinced who you are voting for is scum. This talk about acceptable losses about lynching Dok even he's town seems unacceptable and the people pushing that argument, aka Gateway and IcemanE resonate suspicion (mention if I've forgotten anybody who I've forgotten to include in that argument )
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

thinktank wrote:Be absolutely convinced who you are voting for is scum. This talk about acceptable losses about lynching Dok even he's town seems unacceptable and the people pushing that argument, aka Gateway and IcemanE resonate suspicion (mention if I've forgotten anybody who I've forgotten to include in that argument )
QFT.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Gatekeeper »

What I said may rise suspicion towards me, but overall who has most of these 5 pages been about? Doktor Per. Aside from a few posts here and there I really don't see all that much that doesn't have him in it somewhere. I think that a debate (about one person) should go on this long.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

thinktank wrote:StrangerCoug: I noticed when Cephrir said that he thought IcemanE and you as scum, you only asked why you thought IcemanE could be scum?You never asked why Cephrir thought you were one of the partners, only IcemanE but still leading me to believe could be a significant slip. Could you explain that please?
Cephrir said that one of my posts is hypocritical, and I don't think he made any major cases on me before that point. Therefore, I didn't ask, as I already believed I knew the answer.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

So basically what you're saying is that you want to lynch DP because we've... talked about him alot. I don't follow.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Gatekeeper »

Cehprir, No I'm not saying that. As Dcorbe said the debate is pointless. He is at 2 to lynch now and yet since he has claim people think he is scum cuz of that (along with some of his posts) He basicly has not defended himself at all. I'm sure he, Doktor Per, atleast looked over some games (or atleast watched the start of a few) to get some idea of how the game works.

Hmm, I really don't know really how to put this in words excatly. but being he hasn't defended himself, seemingly not being 'serious' about the game (which I think is some part of the game), and the somewhat early roleclaim (could because he felt it was needed as he saw people starting to vote for him?).

According to him, he doesn't have a power-role yet he says he will be Mafia bait (or whatever the exact words was...) for the rest of the game. Also him saying his OMGUS vote was a joke? You normally shouldn't joke around with votes that count (If they are not bolding, not counting, then it could be different).
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Gatekeeper »

**He hasn't defended himself that much, the 'roleclaim' is really a only defend one has when he is about to be lynch, but since he has basicly done... (yea I think I'm not making much sense in this point, about him not defending himself....)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by icemanE »

GateKeeper wrote: he says he will be Mafia bait (or whatever the exact words was...) for the rest of the game.
He said mafia-proof - I believe what he meant by this is that the mafia won't night kill him because he's suspicious. So one of his reasons we shouldn't lynch him is: Because the mafia won't kill him. It doesn't add up - it's not valid reason, as if he's scum, he'll obviously survive the night anyway.
ThinkTank wrote: Be absolutely convinced who you are voting for is scum.
I don't entirely agree. Your vote is a tool. You can use it to do things like force scum tells through pressure, which is what I was initially doing with my vote on Dok. Now, however, I'm convinced he's mafia, and my vote will stay on him. I think you can use your vote however you want to, it's your only power as a towine and you can get a lot more done with it than just add a number to the count.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote: Your vote is a tool. You can use it to do things like force scum tells through pressure, which is what I was initially doing with my vote on Dok. Now, however, I'm convinced he's mafia, and my vote will stay on him. I think you can use your vote however you want to, it's your only power as a towine and you can get a lot more done with it than just add a number to the count.
QFT
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I like how everyone is a Machiavellian mastermind that can throw votes around, as long as no one else votes. This OMGUS debate is in it's entirety retarded and can we please get on with our lives?

Thanks!
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by icemanE »

I like how everyone is a Machiavellian mastermind that can throw votes around, as long as no one else votes.
I'm not sure I understand this. In fact I'm sure I don't.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I was hinting at some kind of hypocrisy.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

icemanE wrote:I don't entirely agree. Your vote is a tool. You can use it to do things like force scum tells through pressure, which is what I was initially doing with my vote on Dok. Now, however, I'm convinced he's mafia, and my vote will stay on him. I think you can use your vote however you want to, it's your only power as a towine and you can get a lot more done with it than just add a number to the count.
Well, yeah, okay.
Bartleby the Scrivener
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:11 am

Post by thinktank »

icemanE wrote:
GateKeeper wrote: he says he will be Mafia bait (or whatever the exact words was...) for the rest of the game.
He said mafia-proof - I believe what he meant by this is that the mafia won't night kill him because he's suspicious. So one of his reasons we shouldn't lynch him is: Because the mafia won't kill him. It doesn't add up - it's not valid reason, as if he's scum, he'll obviously survive the night anyway.
ThinkTank wrote: Be absolutely convinced who you are voting for is scum.
I don't entirely agree. Your vote is a tool. You can use it to do things like force scum tells through pressure, which is what I was initially doing with my vote on Dok. Now, however, I'm convinced he's mafia, and my vote will stay on him. I think you can use your vote however you want to, it's your only power as a towine and you can get a lot more done with it than just add a number to the count.
I agree with you partially. I agree that using your your vote as a tool is a very important aspect of the game and pressure voting is a must. However after a certain point you have to start thinking about the lynch as well. At this point it seems that Dok has enough votes on him that pressure voting is overshadowed by the actual lynch itself and we need to seriously start considering whether he is scum or not . I know you've said you're convinced he's scumbut not everyone has distinctively said they are sure Dok is scum, more that they are ready to lynch him even if he's town because he's not really being productive. Which is very scummy in itself.

Dok: What kind of hypocrisy are you talking about? Yes, everyone can throw votes around. That's kind of the leading tool behind this whole mafia game. What OMGUS debate? Could you please elaborate on that? Please be more clear because you're at lynch -2 so there's not a whole lot of time for vague arguments.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”